Tara: 1. Spiders
Chapter 1

Copyright© 2017 by Kris Me

Science Fiction Sex Story: Chapter 1 - Jean is a scientist. She is trying to create an antivenin so her race, the Shifters, didn't die horrible deaths when bitten by a huge spider call an aracnzi. However, other people have different ideas. Mark is of a race called the Paragons. He is accidentally transported to Jean's word to help her and the people who live on Tara. This is their story.

Caution: This Science Fiction Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Consensual   Magic   Romantic   BiSexual   Fiction   High Fantasy   Science Fiction   Aliens   Robot   Interracial   Masturbation   Oral Sex   Petting   Safe Sex   Slow  

‘Oh, crap!’ Jean thought.

Jean felt the venom being injected into her blood stream. At first, the sting of the fangs sinking into flesh didn’t register. Her heart rate was still up around one twenty as she was in flight mode. When she’d scurried off the path and slithered under the bushes in the gully, the local wildlife was the last thought on her mind.

Jean didn’t dare cry out. With luck, the spider she had encountered wasn’t as venomous as she feared. However, with her luck of late, she didn’t hold out much hope of this eventuality. This forest was lousy with aracnzi. She felt an excruciating, burning sensation on the top of her right arse cheek, near her spine and then it went numb.

‘Not good, not good,’ she thought as fear and stress shot her system full of adrenaline.

Jean found her mind busy categorising the sensations. She doubted the antivenin she had in her pouch would be effective in her case. She hadn’t finished perfecting it. She was close, but there were still side-effects. It seemed to work fine on the lab animals that didn’t have the shapeshifting genes in their systems.

Of the small flickers that carried the Shifter gene, all bar one that she had tested had died gruesomely. The other flickers’ reactions were still the same as for the Shifters documented to die from this spider’s bite. For some reason it caused the Shifters to change, but they didn’t change into one of their other forms completely.

Different limbs and internal organs changed piecemeal to other forms and then changed again, often rapidly and without the person’s control. This happened after the paralysis abated. So far, all who had been bitten by the spiders called aracnzies had died horribly, as their bodies ripped themselves apart internally.

The smaller the frame, the faster they were affected. With her 161cm frame, she knew she didn’t have long before the effects were irreversible. Jean pushed her short, tightly curled red hair off her pale face. Her dark purple eyes peered through the low limbs of the bush, as she felt the ground vibrate with the passage of many heavy footsteps.

She heard one of the men ask, “Are you sure she went into this area of the forest?”

“Yes, she was going to check her traps,” another man answered surlily.

‘Pauli,’ she thought angrily. ‘That lying, sneaky son of a slider sold me out. I knew he was bad news the moment I was forced to have him on my team.’

When she had seen the soldiers jumping down from the Carrier, she knew that she had run out of time. Jean had already entered the forest but then realised she had forgotten to pick up her coat. She had retraced her steps and stopped when she heard the truck approaching her laboratory complex.

They didn’t get a lot of visitors out here. This particular forest was not utilised because the aracnzi were so numerous. They were also a bite first, ask questions later, type of spider. The Bellini Mountain Range where the aracnzi lived formed an area called the Exclusion Zone. The range separated two countries called Rollin and Vasa.

The lab she worked from was located on the edge of the zone on the Vasa side of the mountains. She had been stationed here for the last six months, to find a solution. They didn’t wish to kill the spiders just neutralise their venom. The silk they produced was exceptional.

A single strand, not much thicker than a hair, could support the weight of the huge spiders, and the strands were hard to cut even with a diamond-edged knife. When the silk was woven into cloth and formed into soft underclothes, they made exceptional body armour and thermal clothing.

The material repulsed electrical charges and even most projectiles. It also acted as an insulator against cold and even excessive heat. A full suit made from the silk was extremely expensive to buy due to the current production levels of the silk. Queen Vasari wanted to farm the aracnzi more efficiently so she could make better armour for her soldiers and the nobles.

Jean knew that her country was heading for war with the Rollinians and even possibly Civil War, but fighting wars wasn’t her problem. The two Queens, Robina and Vasari, always seemed to be odd’s and had been sniping at each other for centuries. Every twenty-five years or so something happened that ended up with border skirmishes or small conflicts.

The only thing that seemed to stop them destroying these forests was the fact that the aracnzies only lived here. The two countries hadn’t had a large battle in her life time, but things had been brewing for the last couple of years. Jean couldn’t see why the two Queens couldn’t get along.

The reason for the latest unrest, of all things, was because of an alien. Vasari had him, and Robina wanted him. From what she’d heard, he’d appeared in the Sacred Room. He had been unconscious, and when the doctors examined him, they found he was different from any of the races here on Tara.

While he looked like a tall blonde haired Genteli, 190cm tall and twenty years of age, he carried the Shifter gene that changed gender and form. It was the fact that he was able to change to female in any of his forms but stayed male when asleep that had the nobles and mages excited.

He was also fertile in any of his forms. Jean had to stifle a giggle as she remembered he was also supposedly well-endowed in his human male form, and he had caused Vasari to faint when she had seduced him. The Queen had no intention of giving him up.

Males on their continent, Dori, outnumbered females nearly three to one. The male Shifters here could change form but not gender. Only female born Shifters could change gender and form. All of the races here had issues with low female birth rates and worse, poor fertility in their males. The Keltrian females also tended to have five to ten years between children.

Being a matriarchal society, it was normal for a woman here to have two or more male concubines. The males also didn’t seem to live as long as the females did, even if they had magical items. Male mages were popular as first husbands unless one chose a female Shifter.

While other scientists were battling the low female birth rates, it wasn’t Jean’s concern, as her’s was spiders, the aracnzies to be more precise. War was coming, and everyone knew it. Robina was getting increasingly agitated that Vasari wouldn’t share her alien.

In the year that the alien had been here, six of the children that he had sired had been born female Shifters. He may not have gotten the pleasure of inseminating all of the women chosen for his progeny, but his semen was apparently very effective. He was also a Mage, and this factor also made him highly valuable.

Vasari was apparently selling his sperm to the highest bidders and using it to buy loyalty. She hadn’t come into season since his arrival. Jean had heard rumours that her one living daughter, Halina, wasn’t happy with the new man in her mother’s life.

If he did manage to impregnate her mother, Halina knew that her position could become fragile. It was tenuous as best even now, as the Crown may not choose her as the heir. The Crown wasn’t necessarily passed onto the oldest female of the line, as it had a mind of its own.

So far, it hadn’t indicated whom it wanted to go to. It had stayed in the royal line for the last thousand years or more, but that hadn’t always been the case in their history. Magical items tended to go to the person who best suited the item.

Vasari hadn’t produced a female child for eighty years, and since then she’d had only had two sons, and the younger was forty. None of her current batch of children had shown any great magical abilities either. This was also a concern for the ageing Queen and her Council.

The councillors were beginning to suspect that even with her magical crown; the Queen was getting close to the end of her life. She was nearing four hundred years of age. Neither had she abdicated. It was rare for a ruler to rule beyond three hundred years.

Other rumours suggested that Queen Robina had similar problems in her province. She was only about twenty years younger than Vasari was, and her only living daughter was even older than Halina. Speculation flourished as to whom the crowns would choose.

Both countries were gearing for war. If the crowns didn’t choose a royal heir, all hell could break loose as the different factions realigned under the person chosen or tried to eradicate them. A new Queen was vulnerable until she learnt how to wield the magic associated with the crown.

Only the nobility and the members of the Mages Guild held magical items. It was said that the Guild was only loyal to the crown, not who wore it. They were to protect the wearer no matter who it chooses. In the last two centuries and particularly the last ten years, it had been noticed that the membership of the Guild had waned.

It was said that they found fewer new candidates each year. Many of the mages were old like their Queens, and the Guild had many duties as they also provided the engineers, scientists, healers and scholars. Not all members were suitable as guardians. This was an elite area of the Guild, and they were called Shields.

Jean knew the soldiers that were looking for her were not Royal Guards or even Shields. She suspected they were Duchess Alina Morton’s men. Alina was only a quarter of the age of her Aunt, Queen Vasari, and she was supposed to be gifted. She had inherited her mother’s medallion, and her province bordered the range on the west coast of Vasa.

Alina had invested a lot of money into harvesting the silk of the aracnzies. She didn’t wish the Queen or her cousin, Duchess Janet Renee, to start new silk farms, as it would cut into her profits. She wanted the antivenin that Jean, Janet’s daughter, had produced for her people. The Burgis race, which made up more than half her population didn’t carry the Shifter gene.

Janet’s lands bordered her section of the forest. Her province and Queen Vasari’s were dominantly populated by Shifters. If Alina stopped Jean from developing the strain she needed, then Alina could maintain her control on the silk industry.

‘I’m in deep shit,’ Jean thought as she watched the soldiers walk past on the path above her.


Her arse was numb, and she felt the paralysis taking hold in her legs and lower body.

Her experimental data led her to believe that a person her size losing feeling at the rate, which she was, would become paralysed within minutes. This could last for anything from ten to fifteen minutes if she didn’t lose consciousness.

Then the excruciating pain would rake her body. The small simian-like creatures called flickers rarely lived through more than fifteen minutes of this pain. They would start changing after the first ten minutes and then bleed out, as their internal organs became mush.

Kia, the only one that had survived so far had gone comatose while paralysed and she had stayed that way for two days. Her species also lived in this forest. They were a favourite feast of the aracnzies. When Kia came to, she was ravenous, and oddly, she wanted meat. They were primarily herbivores.

The only animal that Jean had seen the flickers eat, while in the wild, was a small chameleon type lizard called a glimmer. In her study of flickers as a test subject, she had learnt that they could absorb the traits from other animals just like human Shifters. However, they didn’t tend to change their overall shape other than their gender.

More often than not, they appeared gender neutral unless they were pregnant, breastfeeding or engaging in intercourse which they did a lot of, for the sheer fun of it, just like humans. The Prime was the only one in their family group who could impregnate a flicker in season, and they rarely bore a pup themselves.

One other interesting thing they ate was a type of beetle. At first, Jean had wondered why only this beetle. However, she worked out why, after she’d fed them to her flickers. She found that the flickers could alter their scent. They used the camouflage trait and the altered scents to hide from the aracnzies and other predators.

However, the flickers didn’t seem to pass these traits onto their offspring, and they seemed to need to renew them every couple of months until they reached maturity at about four years of age. They could live for thirty or more years in the wild.

Jean loved the flickers and wished she didn’t have to use them in her experiments. They were friendly and cute. They only grew to about 20cm from head to butt, and their tails were nearly twice as long again.

They had long limbs and could stretch out to about 70cm from finger to toe. They had short, thick mottled cream, white and brown fur and hairless faces with large brown eyes and short muzzles that gave them an almost human look. A Prime could only be distinguished by the fact that once in charge of a tribe they tended to grow a little larger and grew white tufts on the tips of their ears and tail.

Jean was starting to get desperate. The men had split up to look for her, and one had been left near where she was hiding. The paralysis had gotten to the point that she no longer felt her legs and she knew she was going to die where she lay if she didn’t do something soon.

She tried to feel for the bag she wore on her back. It was her only hope. She only had a small phial of her latest sample, and she doubted it was enough, even if it did work. She had mixed the small batch, and her tests seemed to indicate the active ingredient she required to neutralise the venom was more concentrated in this sample.

She had needed more spider venom, so she had come to check her traps. Now she was the one trapped. She managed to get an arm out of one of the straps and tried to move the bag off the other shoulder. It was taking all of her energy to do this. She could feel the sweat on her upper body beading in the cool air.

She dragged the bag in front of her and got the clip undone. As she flipped the cover back, a small head popped out of the bag, and she was staring into two intense brown eyes. Kia shifted her gaze and then snarled, baring her sharp white teeth. She shot over Jean’s head.

Jean heard a familiar hissing sound and felt something roll off her back. The soft underbrush hid the sounds of the fierce fight that ensued between the flicker and the spider. Jean twisted and was horrified to see Kia clinging to the underbelly of the aracnzi.

The aracnzies were fascinating beasts as far as Jean was concerned. With eight eyes and huge fangs, they struck fear into all that came near them. An adult aracnzi’s body could be as long as 30cm, and its eight legs stretched out twice as far again. They were covered in a fine brown and black spotted fur.

Despite their size, they could climb trees and could jump incredible distances. They didn’t create elaborate webs, as they were more an open weave design like a net. They were tricky in that they only attached the ends of their silk to leaves or small branches so they would snap off with the weight of the struggling animal.

When birds flew into them or flickers jumping between branches and then contacted the webs, they were designed to collapse around them and entangle them. The aracnzi then rappelled down or dropped onto the trapped animal and bit them. The bigger aracnzies often waited on the ground, as they liked to burrow in the colder months and when not hunting.

The big spiders liked to build low webs like nets across paths that sat just above the ground. If an animal stepped into the net, it became entangled. When the prey fell, the spider would strike. Aracnzies would also attack prey if they found it while hunting for good places to build their webs. They were very efficient hunters.

Jean had worked out that she had managed to roll close to such a burrow and upset the occupant. They didn’t tend to bite people other than those who played with their webs or came to close to their homes. Since people did play with their webs by trying to collect them, they got bitten.

Jean watched, as Kia sank her sharp teeth into the spider’s waist and kicked back with her strong hind legs. She had managed to wrap her tail around the abdomen and one of the back legs so the aracnzi couldn’t pull her off, while she tried to sever it into two. Her long legs and arms held onto the abdomen tightly.

The aracnzi reared on to its front legs and tried to use the claws on its middle back legs to prise Kia off. Kia, however, had pierced the skin and she shook her head as she crushed and ripped at the vital tubes that passed through this vulnerable section of the spider.

As Kia severed the abdomen from the thorax, the aracnzi collapsed. Kia wriggled out from under the remains and bounded back to Jean. Kia was covered in ichor from the spider. She then pressed her head to Jean’s and wiped it across her lips.

When Jean pressed her lips together, in disgust, Kia bit her lip. Jean opened her mouth in surprise and pain. Kia pushed a sodden bloody paw into her mouth making Jean gag and swallow. As the fluids from the aracnzi slid down her throat, it was all she could do, not to vomit.

As she went to suck in another breath, Kia forced more of the foul-tasting fluid into her mouth. Jean couldn’t stop her as she could barely move her body. She was also smart enough that after her initial shock, she realised the little flicker knew something she didn’t. This time she forced herself to swallow.

She then felt her mind letting go and collapsed into unconsciousness.

Chapter 2 »

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.