Young Life of White Tiger - Cover

Young Life of White Tiger

Copyright© 2017 by Anthill Mob

Chapter 4 - Another Start to High School

So my first full day of school was in fact the fourth day of school for everyone else after my three day suspension.

I was still seething about the injustice of it all. The zero tolerance rules were absurd; I could understand the reasoning behind them. But the actual reality of implementing the rules meant that the innocent were punished as much as the guilty. It also meant that students already put off about informing teachers about cases of bullying, because of being branded as a tattletale. Students would under these rules, actually be suspended for three days for fighting, if they came forward to complain.

Luckily I had already been given my schedule and a school map, before the incident that got me suspended, so at least I knew where I needed to go.

I was also lucky in that I knew that missing a few days at the start of the semester wouldn’t have any effect on my learning. Not only would the teachers have only just got the freshman started on any new topics, but with my learning potential, I would have no issue in catching up with my peers.

I wasn’t looking forward to the end of the day. A letter had been in the post yesterday, stating that I, together with one or both of my parents, would need to meet with the principal to determine if any further action was warranted, after the altercation on Monday, when a student was injured. Both my parents were going to be attending. To say they were unhappy with me being suspended would be putting it mildly.

Mom went ballistic when I had walked in the door after I had walked home. Normally, I would have either called her or called a taxicab to take me home. But I wanted time to think things through, before having to explain what had happened to my parents. Funny thing was, she was probably more annoyed about me walking home than about the suspension. After all, this wasn’t the first time. I’d had good reason before, she was expecting me to have a good reason this time too.

During the lower school years, I had been suspended a couple of times. All of them had been due to bullying. It had been me sticking up for myself, against the bullies, which had led to the suspensions.

She took the suspension slip I had been given. Once she had read it, I was sent to my room until Dad got home. Then I could explain what had happened to both of them at the same time, rather than going over it twice.

They took my explanation well, their anger switching from me to the school authorities.

I decided that there might be some fun and games tried by the school regarding this incident. I wanted to have as much ammunition on my side as I could, therefore I contacted my attorney Andy. He listened to my explanation of the events, he decided it would be best if he was around if needed this week. So he re-arranged his schedule, so he could stay with us in our guest room for the week. When we got the letter detailing the meeting Andy was going to attend, as well as both of my parents.

I got a lot of looks from other students when I reached the bus stop. None of them approached me to talk though. Not even Chloe, who I would have thought might have, since she had been part of the incident.

The only person who I thought might have talked to me was Rory. But since he had to be at school earlier for football practice, I sat all alone on the bus. Everyone was ignoring me, though still giving me lots of side on looks.

The first three periods of the day went by as usual. No one talked to me, not even the students I sat with. I was able to determine that I hadn’t missed very much at all so far, especially as the geography lesson was the first period we had this week.

I was on first lunch period this semester. It was split into two for the number of students in the school.

I was lucky, as Rory had the same one as me. I had grabbed a BLT sandwich, some fries and a soda. The cooked food looked just as unappetizing, as do school dinners do the world over. I took a seat on a spare table for four in a secluded corner. Rory after paying for his meat in a grey gravy meal joined me taking the seat opposite.

“So a man of action are we.” was his opening gambit.

I just groaned.

Rory continued to just look at me, after shoveling a fork full of his meat into his mouth.

He looked at me expectantly, finally admitting defeat, I explained what had happened on Monday.

“Really, the rumors around here have it a lot more physical a confrontation than that. Plus well I guess I should warn you; there are a couple of the other varsity football players on the lookout for you, to give you some payback.”

“Payback for what?”

“Danvers of course. I don’t know what he has told a couple of his buddies, but he is likely out for the majority of the games this year with the injury to his hand. OK between you and me, I don’t reckon he was that good anyway. From what I saw, there is this junior this year, who I bet was going to be starting in the half back position ahead of Danvers. But he is a bighead, who reckons this was going to be his breakout year. He was thinking and bragging that all the colleges were going to be fighting over him to attend their school.”

“So why would these buddies of his be after me?”

“Cause of the rumor I heard. After some shoving and posturing, you so say tripped him. Causing him to fall into the lockers, this was the cause of his injury. He has probably asked a couple of the other big seniors on the team, to give you a kicking as payback.”

“But that’s just bullshit, he tried to punch me. He missed me and hit the lockers.”

“But he can’t say that can he. It would hurt his image if everyone thought a freshman got the better of him.” Rory explained.

“Just what I need, another three day suspension for fighting.”

“Look I am only on the Junior Varsity team. But I will see if I can have a word with a captain of the Varsity squad, he might get this sorted out before anything happens.”

“I’d appreciate it Rory, even if it doesn’t help, just your support in this is better than nothing.”

“Well no time like the present. I think I know where one of the captains would be right now.” And leaving the remains of his meal, he shot off.

I slowly finished the rest of my food. I took some deep breaths to help centre myself, I was going to have to keep focused the rest of the day, just in case anyone tried jumping me. They may be gallant about it and take me on one by one. But knowing the style of bullies like this, it would more likely be all or nothing. In which case with my size disadvantage, I would need to use all of the training I had received. Otherwise I would be lucky to get out of this, without getting a beating.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.