Memories
Chapter 6

 

I took off the next week from painting. Pat came by to give me my check from the showing. He stopped to talk to Mom – they started up like the old friends whom they were. Candy and I left them alone. Candy told me to not tell Mom about what she felt about Pat.

I took Candy on a vacation, after getting Mom’s assurance it was OK for us to go and leave her by herself for a while. We went to Alaska first, a place I always wanted to experience.

We traveled together, as if we were a married couple. We hopped from Juneau, Anchorage, Fairbanks, Seward and many more cities. Knowing that all I needed was to take a long look everywhere we went, we were constantly on the move. As I took my looks, Candy took a digital picture as well. One of the more beautiful things we saw was the Northern Lights. Wow!

We took the helicopter glacier tour and again; it was almost spiritual. We were constantly arm in arm, kissing and pointing things out to one another. I told our pilot, that I would be painting my memories of this experience. He mentioned that many people left the place with a new attitude about the natural beauties of the world, and the 49th State in the USA.

After the week in Alaska, we checked in with Mom, and she was having a blast, using the ‘Magic Canvas’ as she was remembering different moments in her and Dad’s lives.

We went on to Hawaii, for a week there as well. I was inspired to have my next series of paintings be of Nature and the experience it thrusts upon you. I can only hope that Dad is watching, as I follow in his very long shadow and deep footprints.

We started the week, watching some local theatrical productions the islands had to enjoy, including the world renowned ‘Ulalena’, which was on the island of Maui.

We also, each night in our hotel, were fucking each other all night long ... gosh my sister’s completely insatiable. She constantly wanted to try new positions, for each of our satisfaction. I was absolutely satisfied with this doll of a girl, my Candy.

We took a helicopter tour from above Pearl Harbor, remembering that Dad’s dad lost his life there on that fateful day. His body is still interred underwater.

We took a private tour, over the tangled, uninhabitable canyons, seeing waterfall after waterfall, some being tall, other hundreds of feet tall. Boy, life is exhilarating, so we also took a day, and walked alone on the near-pristine beaches.

As we took our plane trip home, I realized just how important both Candy and my mom, Marilyn, are to me. I plan to paint forever and ever, until I run out of life.

I would still like to find out where Dad got these canvases?


Back at home; I started to paint ... almost feverishly, wanting to pour my vision and memory of each moment. With it still present in my mind, I first turned to the canvas, speaking clearly, saying ‘Pen and Ink, tallest Alaskan waterfall.’

The picture appeared slowly in front of me, as my mind got ready to reproduce it on the traditional canvas that was right in front of me. I washed the canvas in a subtle light gray and using a cloth, smeared it lightly across the entire canvas. While it was still a little moist, I started out using some broad detail of the waterfall itself. Dad taught me the technique to make water look real. With that, I was always watching the newest animated movies, thinking how to produce some of the images from my head to the canvas.

I’d been doing this most of my life, with a small easel next to Dad’s. He taught me all about color and medium, at least as much as a six-year-old could handle. I graduated from single colors and charcoal, to pen and ink, graphite and conte. Last were watercolors, Tempera and Acrylic.

Despite being a two-sport guy in high school, I dropped them both and got myself a scholarship to the California Institute of the Arts, leaving with an even broader appreciation of art, than I had before. It was only two years later, that Dad’s disappearance, then death, made all the newspapers.

When he didn’t check-in, as scheduled with Mom, she tried to contact him. She first tried directly, and then using his itinerary, had people locate and have him call his wife. Now getting worried, she got the call ... but it was one of her contacts calling to say that Jim couldn’t be found.

Mom ... Marilyn, started to panic, as the next two days seemed tortuously long. She was by the phone, waiting and hoping that Jim had simply lost track of time and wandered off. Candy and I were trying to keep her upbeat, but she would lapse into despair, a few times a day.

Finally, a call came in; he was found! However, he was dead. The powers that be, insisted they have a forensic autopsy, but despite this ... there was nothing to be found as how Jim died. They shipped his body to us; Marilyn allowing a prominent pathologist to perform a separate autopsy, but still, no reason for his death was ever determined.

We had a small service for him, and we each said some things over his grave. It was a year after this all happened, that I found the mysterious canvases.

Less than two hours after I started, I had this first picture mostly done. I wanted to show it off, so I called Marilyn and Candy to come see it.

“Close your eyes?” I said, pulling each of them to in front of my painting.

“OK, open them!”

I watched each of them open their eyes; Candy took a look and jumped into my arms, and started kissing me. Marilyn took her time, examining my picture closely ... then stepping back and saying, “Steven, that is as wonderful, if not better than, anything that your father painted in his lifetime. I am so proud of my son...”

I let go of my sister, walking over to my mother and gave her a nice and passionate kiss. “You really think, Marilyn?”

“I’ve seen every work that your father painted. Your detail to the waterfall, almost makes it look like its falling down the page. This really is extraordinary, Steven,” she said.

Heading back to the house, she turned and said, “I’ll have dinner ready in 45 minutes.”

Candy reattached herself to me, as we kissed one another, with her legs wrapped around me. After I let her down, she went to her knees and within seconds was giving me a blowjob. She was very aggressive, trying to accomplish what she hasn’t quite perfected, getting all of me in her mouth!

 
There is more of this chapter...

When this story gets more text, you will need to Log In to read it

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.