Wolves and Dragons of the Blood: Revelations - Cover

Wolves and Dragons of the Blood: Revelations

Copyright© 2017 by Mike Cropo

Chapter 4

Fantasy Sex Story: Chapter 4 - Fifth Book in the Wolves and Dragons of the Blood series.

Caution: This Fantasy Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Consensual   Romantic   Lesbian   BiSexual   Heterosexual   Hermaphrodite   Shemale   TransGender   High Fantasy   Science Fiction   Aliens   Space   Vampires   Group Sex   Interracial  

AUSTROVA

HOME OF COREN RE MYDALA

CAPITAL CITY OF MYDALA

SOUTHERN BANKS OF KONABI RIVER

FEBRUARY 4TH, 0745, EST

Coren Re Mydala stood before the huge glass window that overlooked the Konabi River and the huge patio built above the river connecting to his home. His home was ten kilometers outside of the capital city on twenty square kilometers of his family’s land. It was the same home he had been born and raised in. The same home that his children had been born in and now it was the same home they had returned to as adults. Something that, not so long ago, Coren had feared he would never see.

Coren stared at the many river darts that scooted along the surface of the watercourse as Vanari enjoyed themselves or began their long treks beside the river banks on their way to work in the city. The river was nearly a kilometer wide here, and in the distance along the winding banks he could see several other homes of the wealthy Vanari who lived in them. Wealth and power. Two things that had almost torn his life asunder Coren knew. Two things that had nearly taken from him all that he had ever cared for. He turned from the window and looked at Arduri, Caliria and Nirilo sitting among the many comfortable couches and chairs speaking animatedly with each other. The stunning Lycavorian female sat beside Nirilo, her slim hand on his thigh. All of the years that had passed him by and only in these last six weeks had he truly learned who his children were inside. Coren turned back to window and thought of Devra. He had loved her once, and she had loved him. His lust for more had pushed her away and eventually led to their break. He was happy for her now, very happy. She had found someone who treated her as she should be treated. As she deserved to be treated. He didn’t love her anymore ... if he ever truly did to be honest with his emotions ... but his respect and admiration for her had pushed all of his darker feelings away. Devra had done what he should have done many years ago.

Coren Re Mydala had seen things in the past six weeks that had called into question all that he had ever believed. Call into question his false beliefs and then shattered them upon a mountain of legitimacy and reality. Everything he had ever believed had been dashed apart to be filled with truth and knowledge. The old Coren Re Mydala would have dismissed this, but the new Coren Re Mydala had had his eyes opened to the truth and he had embraced it wholly. He turned back to look at his children once more. Naesta was not among them, electing to remain with those she had discovered and now loved, but he had spoken to her just last week as he had several times since returning. She was happier than he had ever seen her, and Coren knew it was because of what she had found. The Spartan Joci was a terrifying visage to say the least with his ebony skin and dreadlock hair, but his devotion to his daughter was just as intense as his devotion to his first mate Ceuma as well. He looked forward to meeting them in person for their love for his daughter and Naesta’s for them was something that no one could deny.

Arduri was no different. Her skin reflected her happiness in what she had discovered for it was more blue than he had ever seen it and everyone knew the bluer a Vanari’s skin got only showed the happiness flowing within them. Denali Leonidas treated her as a precious gem, no different than how he treated Lisisa. Watching Arduri and Lisisa together with him could be inspiring and also very humorous. Finally meeting the Lycavorian female that had so entrapped his son’s heart was a blessed moment. Jodae was a vision with reddish/blond hair and dazzling green eyes. The love she had for Nirilo was very real and on display the moment he met her. He did not think it was possible for a Lycavorian female to be attracted to a Vanari, something Jodae proved wrong within moments of meeting her. Amazingly she and Coren had hit it off within moments and ten minutes after meeting her, Jodae had Coren convinced beyond any doubt that her love for Nirilo was genuine and complete.

And finally ... there was Caliria.

As his eyes fell upon her Coren felt a momentary pang of intense guilt sweep through him. He dismissed it just as quickly for Caliria had forgiven him completely for all the years he had denied her and she demanded he did not speak of it again. It was a strength that his oldest daughter possessed that Coren did not think he was capable of.

“This is a future of our making now papa.” She had told him. “And this future has no desire for the sins of our past to reside within it.”

Caliria was right of course and Coren Re Mydala had wrapped his arms around that just as wholeheartedly as she now had. Caliria had changed so much in the last weeks and Coren knew it was due in large part to her constant companion and now very close friend Paga. The female Lycavorian Durcunusaan officer had been just the anchor Caliria had needed to climb from her abyss of humiliation, questions, shame and regret. Even as she had helped them to plan, Caliria had immersed herself in the data library onboard the ARCHDEMON, learning all there was to learn about the Lycavorian people and especially the young man who had so captured her essence. She had been training every day with Paga, her body becoming lean and muscular and her mind no longer fearing anything. Her reborn confidence bubbled forth every waking moment. She had taken to wearing the coral red pendant that shimmered in the sunlight, the jewel resting on the simple silver chain and dangling between her full breasts in view of everyone. He did not know what symbol the pendant represented and he had been meaning to ask Denali. It was a question he would pose to him this morning as his eyes caught Denali’s large form move from the kitchen area of his home sharing a joke with one of Coren’s trusted employees.

Denali had spent considerable time with Caliria these past weeks and Coren knew that she was learning when she was with him. Learning of history and culture and about so many other things, including the man she desperately wanted to feel wrap his arms around her. Coren also knew Denali was helping her to refine and control her new Mindvoice abilities for he had seen her do many things that no Vanari could do. If there was ever a Vanari that was moving into the future with no doubts, a Vanari that could be called a Lycavorian in her heart, it was his daughter. She loved Androcles Leonidas and the others with every breath she took. What had happened between her and the Eridiani Franklin just after returning to Austrova had been a colossal mistake. It was also mostly Coren’s mistake, for his actions had been the main contributing factor to Caliria’s confusion and pain when she had returned to her homeworld. She had been clinging to the ideals he had espoused for so long that it had fought an intense battle within her about how she should feel. Whatever Paga had told her or shown to her, Caliria was very different. She was a Princess now ... a Princess of the Lycavorian Union ... and the times he had gone to the ship with her he saw this reflected in the actions of the men and women on that ship towards her.

Coren sipped his juice once more as Denali came up to him by the window. Denali Leonidas was unlike any Lycavorian he had ever met. Coren could sense there was a darkness within this young man, much like the one within his brother Androcles, yet they controlled it and embraced it as part of who they were. Denali Leonidas was humorous and playful, but Coren knew that he was also extremely intelligent and he had already witnessed what Denali could do if he was angry and was pressed too hard. Like his brother he wielded a power that Coren did not really understand, and while he was no where near as strong as his brother with this power, Coren doubted even the vaunted Vanari Cadre Commandos could stand against this young man for very long.

“This reminds me of the Evrotas River that runs through Sparta.” Denali spoke sipping his mug of coffee. “Peaceful and contemplative.”

Coren turned fully and looked out over the river once more nodding his head. “There have been many mornings when I have stood here and just absorbed the beauty of it.” He said. He looked at Deni. “Dyack was picked up ten minutes ago by Dutkne and his detail. They were able to escape notice. He will arrive shortly.”

Denali nodded. “It will be interesting to see what the Eridiani told him.” He said.

Coren took a deep breath. “Denali I must...”

Deni turned and looked at him. “No.” He stated simply. “Caliria told me you might try to apologize but I’m sure she already told you what I would say.”

Coren glanced back to Caliria and then returned his eyes to Denali. “Yes she did.”

Deni nodded his head. “Then listen to her sir. She is Andro’s wife and mate now, a Princess of the Lycavorian Union, but that does not make her any less your daughter. And that makes her happier than you know, especially now. Your strength is now hers, and Arduri’s. My people do not believe in dwelling in the past Coren Re Mydala. Your eyes have been opened and your actions since discovering what you have are all the apology we will ever need. Let the past stay where it is intended. In the past.”

“Will your brother see it that way?” Coren asked him. “He ... he still frightens me in many ways.”

Denali chuckled softly. “Hell ... you aren’t alone there ... he frightens everyone.” He said. “When you meet our father you will see where he gets it from.”

“These last weeks have been enlightening to say the least.” Coren spoke looking out the window. “I can’t believe I actually believed what that gypsy woman told me so many years ago. That I let all this happen because of what she said. I ... I almost lost my children.”

Denali looked at him contemplatively. “Maybe you just misinterpreted what she said sir.” He spoke.

Coren looked at him. “What do you mean?”

“Perhaps when she said you would lose all that you cared for she really meant that you would awake to see that all you cared about before no longer mattered.” Denali told him. “The power and the wealth and the influence. Perhaps she meant that you would eventually see things differently when compared to what truly mattered to you. The love of family, of friends, that everything else would pale in comparison to that.”

Coren stared at him for a long moment. “I must admit I never thought of it in that context Denali.” He said finally. Coren smiled at him as his spirits were boosted even more. “Not until this very moment. You are right!”

Denali smiled. “Glad to see I am. Lisisa says I’m never right.”

Coren looked at him with wide eyes. “Well ... you are this time young man.” He stated. “There really is nothing you would not do for her. And for my daughter. Is there?”

Denali glanced back and let his dark eyes fall on Arduri and her petite form. Like Lisisa, her body was a power packed temple as far as he was concerned. When they were together he found his stamina increased and he could not get enough of either of them. Her white blond hair was shiny and long and her scent filled his mind and aura just as much as Lisisa’s. He turned back to Coren. “I would not be who I am without them.” He answered softly. “I fought what I felt for her at first you know; Lisisa didn’t but I did. I finally realized she was meant for me ... for Lisisa and I ... and we for her. By a power much higher than us. When I finally recognized that, I embraced it. There are not many times when my people can resist what our blood calls for us to do sir. It’s just not part of who we are.”

“Will Androcles forgive her?” Coren asked softly.

Denali looked back at Caliria and then turned his eyes back to Coren. “My brother may be many things sir, but he is no fool. Caliria is just as much a part of him as Sadi or Ne’Veha or Carisia or Lu’ria. He made a mistake letting her return here.” Deni held up his hand when Coren was about to reply.

“Mistake?” Coren gasped. “He...”

“Wait ... before you comment let me explain something. Andro is ... he is closest to his instincts Coren ... more so than any of us. A large part of the reason for that I believe is because our mother carried him for several months in her womb and he was fully aware of all around him. He had bonded with Elynth and he could see with her eyes. He could see how our father acted with our mothers. The instinctive emotion and sense of purpose. My father did not follow his instincts once and he almost lost our mother. Andro may try to make others believe he is not like our father, but they are so much alike it is scary to see them together sometimes. He made the same mistake as our father.”

“I don’t think I understand.” Coren said.

Denali met his eyes. “Andro let her go because of you.” He said. “He thought it might be a way to show you that we were different from what you believed. Had he followed what his instincts told him, he would not have made that decision. Caliria would have remained with him on Earth until her mind and emotions were clear. She knows she is meant to be with him sir, she’s known since she began having the dreams while still a prisoner. She told me that during one of our talks.”

“So what happened is my fault in a way.” Coren said softly. “Her pain at thinking she has lost him is my fault.”

Denali shook his head quickly. “No ... not really. Everything happens for a reason Coren. If Caliria had not returned with us ... I doubt things would have taken place as they have. Your eyes would not have been opened and we would not be working towards our goals in the way we are now.”

“If she had remained, what we are working towards would never have been revealed to me. To us.” Coren said.

Denali shook his head. “Are you so sure? Perhaps not in the way it has happened, but it would have come to pass regardless.” He said. “Our two peoples were meant to be friends and allies. I firmly believe that now.” Deni said. “And I will honor my brother’s word to you when it comes to the Eridiani and the OSG.”

“It just seems...” Coren looked at him. “The more we discover ... the more time I spend around you and Dutkne ... it seems that this is something that should have happened long ago. It is so familiar to me, working beside you, and yet I know it has never happened before now.”

“Andro believed that the High Coven and Lycavorian Union were always meant to be friends and allies. The path our peoples took to reach that goal is not the one that should have been followed ... but the end result was the same. I believe it is no different than what is happening now between us and the Vanari.” Denali looked out over the river. “I would not worry about what will happen Coren. Andro is stubborn as a Folcani Wood Beetle ... but I wouldn’t be a bit surprised if he already knows and feels that what happen with Caliria is his fault. Someone or something will eventually kick him in the mida and make him realize that. Probably Sadi. You’ll see when he gets here.”

Coren’s head lifted when he heard the Skycar beginning to land. “Then we must insure when he gets here that my people do not throw their future away by dismissing him.”

Denali nodded. “That would be a good thing.”


“ ... were surprised that I had suddenly become so interested in such things but when I explained to them the reasons we came up with they were finally convinced.” Dyack spoke as he sat on the couch next to Coren and Dutkne.

“So there is no rationale to think they might suspect anything?” Coren asked.

Dyack looked at him. “Unless they have learned how to hide the adrenalin dump into their bodies when they lie ... no.” He glanced at Denali. “What you schooled me to look for was exactly what I saw and smelled Denali.” Dyack turned back to Coren. “They do not realize that my people are Lycavorians that simply can not shift our forms. I don’t believe anyone realizes that or what it means and that is what has made it advantageous for us in the past. We have the same skills as our Lycavorian brothers and sisters, the enhanced senses and our healing factors, albeit we have not used them to the extent of Denali and his faction of Lycavorians. We drew away from the instincts that the wolf within us provide to our people because we can not shift. That was a mistake, and one I intend to begin rectifying as soon as I am able. Teaching me what to look for in their scents was just the first step.”

“So what are the details?” Deni asked.

“They most definitely have contacts within your government Coren.” Dyack spoke looking at him. “It only took them a week to confirm the information I gave to them that three of our future trade contracts with the Vanari were being carefully weighted heavily in favor of the Vanari and I was not pleased with that. This also served to convince them that I was genuine in my interests.”

“I knew nothing of this Dyack.” Coren spoke quickly. “Not until Caliria and Arduri discovered the details.”

Dyack shook his head. “I can not hold this information against you Coren.” He told him. “This was not your doing. Thankfully for us it was the perfect excuse for me to turn to the Eridiani for future business.”

Deni nodded. “Just as they had planned all along.” He said.

Dyack nodded. “They knew we would not be happy about these trade agreements or the terms and it would force us to look elsewhere to move our products. Conveniently the Eridiani and the OSG would be ready to just step right in. This would give them a conduit into our government and also allow the OSG to begin trying to establish another outlet for their slavery ring of Vanari females.”

“Surely your government and those in our government who are not involved would see that the sudden increase of Vanari females on your home planet as something not entirely legal Praetor.” Caliria spoke now.

“Unfortunately Caliria, there is a sizeable underground black market on Lentani.” Dyack admitted with some embarrassment. “Items that I and other Praetors before me have forbid our people to have. Mainly weapons and different kinds of drugs. This same criminal underground would undoubtedly be the ones to participate in the buying and selling of your females. There is a substantial demand for the Alkay that your females secrete from their pores Caliria. More than I believe the Vanari realize. You ... you more than anyone should know that.”

Caliria met his eyes and nodded slowly. “Yes.”

“My security forces are aware of the existence of this Black Market and they destroy different cells whenever they are found, but it runs deep within the social castes of my people and it has for hundreds if not thousands of years. To stamp it out completely would require far more resources than I have.” Dyack said. “And as much as it truly pains me to say ... there could be men and women very close to me that are involved in this who would not look kindly on me trying to destroy it.”

“Your honesty now only reinforces your commitment to ending this sir.” Denali told him. “It’s why Andro and I agreed to allow Lisisa to return to Earth with your mate and a political delegation.”

Dyack looked at him and nodded. “I fear that may bring unknown troubles as well when it is discovered, especially with those in control of the Rothryn Science Academy, but it needed to be done.” Dyack waved his hand. “We will deal with that when the time comes. Now we must end this slavery of the Vanari before it becomes worse than it is. A general destabilization of their government is not good for anyone in the Beta Quadrant, including my people.”

Dutkne moved from the couch behind Arduri now. “I have my internal security people shadowing those within the Protectorate that we know are involved in this. The surveillance has revealed three more senior members of my government that are indirectly involved.”

“What does indirectly mean Dutkne?” Arduri asked as he moved and sat beside her.

Dutkne shook his head as he handed the data pad to her to review. “They do not provide material support but their positions within my government allow them to pass different bills and maneuver appropriations that ultimately help the OSG in their goals.”

“And they do this willingly?” Coren asked.

Dutkne nodded his head. “All of them are making quite a bit of credits and then securing those credits in accounts outside Protectorate space. There is also reason to believe there may be quite a few Vanari females being held by these men and women in secure locations on our homeworld and other planets within Protectorate space. I have my people trying to discover if this is true so we can rescue them when we decide to move. We’re also going to go after their assets ... mainly within the Enverr Dominion.”

“The Enverr?” Arduri gasped.

Dutkne nodded again. “Yes ... I was surprised as well. The Enverr do not have the most lawful or trusting society, however their banking restrictions are nonexistent and it is easy to hide credits there. For a price of course.”

“Lawful? That is a kinder word than I would have used Dutkne.” Coren spoke moving to sit beside Caliria.

Dutkne nodded. “True enough.”

“Bad people I take it?” Deni asked.

Coren looked at Deni now. “They are nothing more than a collection of rogue mercenary groups and clans who have formed a pseudo government of affiliation, albeit a very large one.” He watched Caliria pour more jucie into his mug and he smiled lovingly at her before turning back to Deni. “I dare say they are more than a match for the OSG in many ways, however most of them are extremely violent and secretive in their actions and they refuse to do business with the OSG.”

Dyack nodded his head. “If they ever got smart and pooled their combined resources they would be a formidable force.”

“Why haven’t they?” Deni questioned.

“The infighting between the Clan leaders.” Coren replied. “There are hundreds of clans ... perhaps thousands ... we don’t know for sure because we have never attempted to establish relations with them. All of them with their own ideas of how to do things. Blood Feuds between the clans is a daily occurrence. They do not trust each other. They don’t trust anyone for that matter.”

“We have encountered them outside the borders of Protectorate space on several different occasions.” Dutkne told him. “The encounters usually end up being hostile. They are always claiming territory that either does not belong to them or is considered free space. Thankfully they do not possess the level of technology to stand for very long against any of us. They usually avoid most areas where military ships are active and try to target civilian transports and colonies.”

“The Rothryn have conducted several joint operations with the Vanari fleet to punish them for one transgression or another.” Dyack said with a nod. “As Dutkne said ... their ships are mainly small and underpowered. They can not stand against several cruisers of any kind and when we have met them on the ground, between our forces and the Vanari Cadre Commandos, we quickly destroyed them.” Dyack looked across the table at Dutkne. “Dutkne ... could these people within your government be passing them information or materials?”

“It’s possible ... but we’ve seen no sign of that.” Dutkne replied honestly. “Most of our military advancements, weapons and engines, have been localized and compartmentalized as Andro calls it. It is something my grandfather was very adamant about; even more so after he discovered Shiria had given many such technological advances to Andro’s branch of our people on Earth. While the Union had Flatspace technology because of the Pralors who settled on Lycavore, they did not implement it with their Shi Viskas until the rebellion began in. Shiria gave this technology to those on Earth, something my grandfather was not happy about when he discovered it. Ever since then we have been brutally protective of any military project we worked on. Very few men and women knew of them while they were being worked on and once they came online fully it was too late to profit from them since the military controlled the access to them.” Dutkne looked ta Coren. “It’s why you did not discover our engine advancements until just recently.”

“Could the Enverr be part of the OSG channels?” Caliria asked. “They may not trust each other but that does not mean they are not working together.”

“Nothing outward that we can tell. At least not from the Protectorate end. Just the credit accounts.” Dutkne said. “There is no way to be sure though as Caliria says.”

“The OSG is more than competent enough not to have to use or associate with the Enverr in any way.” Coren said. “However, I suggest all of us begin to discretely look for any possible associations.”

Dyack nodded. “I agree Coren.” He spoke. “Just to be safe, I will have my people begin a discrete investigation on the Rothryn end. The information that I have reached out to the OSG will find its way to others on Lentani. Those with less than stellar reputations and contacts no doubt.”

“This Barnak person you told me of Dyack?” Coren asked him surprising both Caliria and Arduri. Apparently their father and Dyack had exchanged far more information than they had known of.

Dyack nodded. “Yes.”

“Will they attempt to use this information against you?” Coren asked.

Dyack met his eyes. “I would.” He replied.

Coren nodded his head. “Then we must proceed more quickly and with greater security. I have several contacts within the Vanari Fleets that I trust implicitly. I can give them several communications codes that would allow them to coordinate securely with people you trust Dyack. If these men on your world try to move against you, we will need to get you off your planet quickly under the ruse of some diplomatic mission. At least until the truth is known.” He said.

“My son.” Dyack spoke. “I will inform Kineto. He commands a medium cruiser that I have used in the past for diplomatic transport. It will not look strange if I need to do this. My brother Loro commands our family’s Fleets, but I do not wish to involve him just yet. I need to shield him for the moment until we need him. If we need him.”

Coren nodded. “Androcles will be arriving within weeks. Ardan no doubt plans to spring his little trap on him when he is standing before the entire Board of Regents. That is when it will have the most effect. He will place full blame on him for everything.”

Caliria glanced at her father. “Papa ... they will not try to arrest him will they?” She gasped. “Or Deni before he arrives?”

“That would be a singularly stupid thing to attempt.” Dutkne spoke up. “He must know the Protectorate would never allow Deni to be arrested. We would take him offworld before we allowed that.”

“But would they attempt it with Androcles?” Dyack asked. “Very few of your Senior Regents saw the transmission we did Coren. They do not know what this young man is capable of. Attempting to arrest him could set off a change of events that might rapidly spiral out of our control.”

Coren shook his head. “I don’t know. Arden has almost completely ceased speaking with me. I am getting the information from others who are still friendly to me but nothing directly from him.”

Deni looked at him. “That could also mean he’s trying to put distance between you and him in preparation for some type of move against you.”

“Cruor did tell me I would regret shaming him papa. He said he and his father would not let what I did stand.” Arduri stated.

“You shamed no one!” Coren snapped. “You acted just as you were suppose to act! Not one thing you did was outside of our established laws. The family contracts were not signed and completed and no transfers took place! Eyon Ahn Vernalo and his son can go right straight to hell! Especially since we know they are involved with this.”

Arduri glanced at her sister with a hidden smile in her eyes that only Caliria understood. This was the father both of them had wanted for many years. Now that he had emerged, they were not about to let him go back into hiding. A quick glance to their brother showed that he too felt the same way and no doubt Naesta would be very pleased as well.

Dyack looked up at Deni. “You should increase the security you already have on Coren and the others Denali Leonidas. Arden will not move directly against me because once he discovers my new associations with the OSG he will consider us ... friendly. At least to a point.”

Deni nodded. “I’ll see to it.” He said. “What about you?”

“I will be safe for the moment.” Dyack spoke. “Barnak may have twisted one of my sons to his way of thinking but not the two who are most important. I can manipulate Anroth for the time being but he is not stupid. He will eventually discover his mother and sisters have gone to Earth and with Barnak’s contacts he will discover this false ruse I have established with the OSG and the Eridiani.”

“But Kelelm is with your mate and daughters.” Dutkne said.

Dyack nodded his head. “He also insured I would be protected when he left.” He said. “If I feel the need for more I will come to you Denali. Right now we need for me to nurture this new contact with the OSG until we have the evidence we need to expose them all.”

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.