Pictures Never Lie: A Love Story
Chapter 2: Janet's Story

Copyright© 2017 by D.T. Iverson

I was teaching the third grade at our local elementary school when I met Tom. I have always been interested in helping others and I love kids. So, it was probably inevitable that I would end-up as a teacher. It was lucky that I met him at that time in my life because he was the right guy and I was more than ready.

My body developed early and by the time I was fourteen I looked like I was twenty-five. Of course, putting somebody with the emotional maturity of a child into a smoking hot woman’s body is a recipe for disaster. And I had a lot of moments growing up when I regretted how I looked.

But I managed to survive the horny teenagers and dirty old men, albeit narrowly, to mature into a woman who had danced around most of the usual pitfalls of looking like I did. I had some bumps and bruises and a couple of broken hearts. But I now understood that men were a species you couldn’t trust; especially when it came to the things they told you while they were trying to unsnap your bra.

I had been living the single professional girl life for three years and I had finally come to the realization that there was a lot more fulfilling existence out there than the one that I was in. That one chiefly amounted to getting picked up at local clubs for casual sex.

Love at first sight is such a sad pathetic cliché but that is exactly the way it happened for us. I wasn’t specifically husband hunting. But the minute I saw Tom I knew I that I was destined to be his for life. It was probably some complex mix of past experiences, acquired attitudes and body chemistry, not Cupid’s arrow, but the minute I saw him I just knew that he and I would grow old together.

He was at our school to talk to the students about what he did for a living, which was internet security. We connected from across the room. I liked his looks of course. He was tall and slim and had mischievous blue eyes, which seemed to sparkle with intelligence. But it was the confident way he held himself, his graceful easy manner and the goofy lopsided grin that he gave me when we locked eyes that made my heart thump and my panties get wet.

After his presentation, I sidled over to stand silently next to him; while keeping a close eye on the unruly little tykes under my supervision. He looked directly at me. It was like he was deciding something. Then he said, “Let’s have dinner tonight.” That was all it took. We had a short courtship over dinner followed by me falling into bed with him that evening.

I hadn’t exactly fucked around. But by that stage in my life I had plenty of experience with men. And I had expected Tom to be just like all the rest. The best of them spent a short time trying to ensure my satisfaction, the worst of them just rutted and hopped off. Tom, on the other hand, totally blew my mind.

Part of it was the complete attraction, he was sweet, kind, funny, smart and an already well-established professional man. The eight years’ difference in our ages was about what a woman like me requires, since all the men my age were like glorified frat boys.

Tom took his time when we first made love. He carefully explored my body to identify all the hot buttons. Then he proceeded to push every one of them in the exact order required to turn me into a wild animal. We fucked, I blew him for round two, we fucked some more, I worked him over again, he did me doggy style, which unbelievably was a new experience for me. We took a shower and I rode him, shrieking my orgasm for the entire world to hear. Then the sun came up.

I don’t throw the term “love slave” around lightly but that more-or-less summed it up. I was coy. I waited an entire week before I moved in with him. We lived like that for six months. The sex was exquisite, the conversation and the companionship even more so. He proposed on one knee in Central Park on a beautiful fall day. I cried. We were married in St. Pats three months later.

Our life together was perfect except for one small problem. I couldn’t have kids. I didn’t find that out until six years after we were married. But we finally saw the doctor after a fruitless year of trying to get me pregnant and discovered that it probably wasn’t going to happen. There was nothing wrong with either of us. It was just some random reproductive factor that prevented it.

I wept for a solid month because I adore kids. But, during that period Tom was as kind, gentle and understanding as a man could possibly be. And I loved him even more for his tenderness. Plus, I always had a new crop of bright young faces to nurture every fall. Our love just kept getting stronger.

Even in my early forties we were still having sex like much twenty-year-olds. We experimented with positions that interested both of us and we continued to grow closer. Somehow the term “love” just doesn’t describe my feelings for him. It was more a total connection, husband and wife and I was proud to be his and his alone.

His business grew all the time that I am describing here, and his company had many employees. But there was one guy who Tom took a special liking to. I could see the reason as soon as I met him. He was a couple of years younger than me, tall and with a devilishly handsome Irish face that always had a hint of larceny in it.

Murphy was smart and he was the sort of guy who other men liked to bond with. That was because he had all the charm of the Irish in his soul. He was quick with a song and seemed to know how to do every dance ever invented. He was literate. He could cite whole passages from Yeats and Wilde and Joyce, and Behan. More importantly he was almost in Tom’s class as an internet genius, so he could give Tom a helping hand when he needed it.

Murph was Tom’s right hand man. So, he was around our house all the time, so much so that I would usually forget he was there. One day I was working on the pool deck, scrubbing the weatherproof cushions of the chairs. I was wearing something I would never have worn in public. It was hot so I had on a thin t-shirt, no bra and a pair of very short nylon running shorts. I could feel my big breasts swaying as I worked and their moving back and forth had stimulated my nipples until they were at full mast.

Murph must have been watching me for a while. But, the first hint I had that he was even there was when I heard a voice right behind me say with longing, “Now that’s a sight isn’t it.”

I shrieked and almost fell in the pool. He reached out to steady me. I turned and there was Murph with a grin that could only be described as shit-eating.

I said, “You nearly frightened me to death!”

He said apologetically, “Didn’t mean to. I just wanted to know if Tom was home.”

I said with a “duh” in my voice, “Is his car in the driveway?”

He said, “No.”

I said, “Then he isn’t home. Do you want to grab a beer and wait for him?”

He said that he would love to. I continued to scrub and he continued to sit by the side of the pool and drink a beer and watch me.

I would have been incredibly self-conscious with any other man. But this was Murph, Tom’s friend and he was like a brother to me. My soul was devoted to Tom and I had no feelings for Murph whatsoever. So, it didn’t occur to me that I was showing anything off to him. I know all men are hounds but there had never been the slightest hint of sexual interest between the two of us.

Some of you might think that I had lost all my protective instincts during the 17 years I had been married. But a woman who looks like me never turns off her sensors. We know when a man is checking us out. And I could tell that Murph was doing that. In fact, I found THAT pleasing. It was nice to see that I hadn’t lost it entirely.

Tom walked into the back yard at that point with a cold beer in his hand and a leer for me, which was gratifying. He dropped into the chair next to Murph. They go to an annual conference and they were planning where and when to meet the next day. We barbecued and sat around the pool until sunset and then Murph left.

I normally go with Tom to these events. But they managed to schedule this conference on the week that I do the end of the year evaluations and so there was no way I could go. We sat together by the pool in the dark and just held hands and talked for a while and then we made our way up to the bedroom.

I was feeling a little insecure. I get that way whenever he leaves me alone for any period. So, the minute we got in the bedroom I threw my arms around his neck, squashed my big tits against his chest and kissed him with an open-mouthed ardor that I hoped would communicate how much I would miss him and what he could expect when he came back to me.

Our tongues dueled for a l\while. Then he carried me to the bed, laid me down on top of the coverlet, and proceeded to pound me into oblivion. I must have come four times before it felt like a balloon full of hot lava exploded inside my lower belly.

I lay there with my mind in 6,000 pieces and my pussy dripping on our bedspread trying to get my breathing under control. He was lying next to me in the same state. I turned to him and said, “Please don’t ever let this end.” He laughed and said something about flying pigs.

I took him to JFK the following morning. He could have flown out earlier but we wanted to spend a little time messing around before he left. I gave him the most extensive and loving blow-job I could muster as a going away present.

If you could see what I look like you would probably not understand how anybody like me could be so insecure. It is a matter of investment. I have so much devoted in the guy that the thought of losing him to anything, plane crash, heart attack, or another woman, is terrifying.

He called me every night and we talked. I was hoping he was interested in a little phone sex. I even mentioned that I was naked in bed and that kitty was hungry. But he was all business, which somehow bothered me.

Then on Thursday my world ended.

I came home from my last parent-teacher conference to find a message in my in-box. The header said, “I’m Sorry.” The message said, “I had to tell you.” The sender was anonymous. There was an attachment. I opened the attachment and there were two pictures.

One was of Tom standing in front of a room at the conference hotel. He was looking at a stunningly hot woman who was saying something to him. I thought his look was a little over-friendly. The second picture was of him banging her. The look on her face indicated that she was enjoying it a lot. I felt a wave of chills and the taste of bile in my throat and then I fainted. I woke up seconds later, lying on the floor in a pool of vomit. I clutched myself into a fetal position and started to cry and then wail.

It was like I had just downed 14 martinis. I couldn’t stand up so I crawled on my hands and knees into the bedroom where I passed out on the bed. When I came-to again the covers were soaked with my tears but at least I could function.

I pulled myself together enough to brush my teeth and splash a little water on my face. I had to talk to somebody. I just couldn’t believe that Tom would do something like this to me. The obvious person to talk to was Murph. He was out there with Tom and he could reassure me that what I saw was an illusion.

I dialed his cell and he answered after the first ring. His voice radiated worry. I said, “Did you send those pictures?” He said, “I’m sorry Janet but I couldn’t stand it any longer. He does this, every time we go to a convention.” The sympathy and concern in his voice was palpable.

I wailed, “What am I going to do. My life is over!”

He said, “I’m coming home early. Can you pick me up at the airport? We can discuss it I’ll be there for you.” I told him that I would see him the next afternoon, which was the day before Tom would arrive back. I didn’t sleep a second that night. The hurt and anxiety were tearing me up.

I called my sister Sarah as soon as I got off the phone with Jim. I asked her if I could stay with her for a week. She has plenty of experience with a cheating spouse and so she “got it” right away. It was comforting to have a couple of friends.

Tom called that night. I was so upset that I almost hung up on him but I needed to create some space to think. And hanging up on him might have alerted him that I knew. So, I was civil if not loving. I told him he would have to make his own way home. There was no way I wanted to be near that cheating bastard in the state I was in.

I was waiting for Murph the next day at JFK. He must have thought I had Ebola or something because he did a double-take at my ravaged face. He said compassionately, “This has been rough on you. I’m sorry.”

I collapsed on his shoulder wildly crying. It was lucky I had the car in “park” or I probably would have killed both of us right at the airport. He held me while I cried. That was an inordinately long period, long enough that the airport cop rapped on the window and told us to move on.

I drove him to his place and he invited me inside. He had a beautifully appointed condo near our house. He let me sit on his sofa with him and cry while he held me and made sympathy noises. I said plaintively, “What am I going to do?”

He said, “Let me show you everything that I’ve got. I think that will make up your mind.”

He walked over to a laptop, plugged a memory stick in and brought up a series of the most disgusting photos I had ever seen. All of them involved Tom and some slut. My anguish had turned to cold fury by the time he was finished.

The betrayal was total. My marriage was over. I said, “Do you know the number of a good divorce attorney?”

He told me he did. He said that the guy was a college chum. He even called him for me and got me an “emergency” appointment for the next day, Saturday morning. Tom called again that night and got the same treatment. I needed to talk to the lawyer.

Murph said, “If you want to stay here I can bunk in my other bedroom.”

I told him that my sister was expecting me but that I would be back to pick him up the next morning. My sister has been through what I was going through and she knew what to do. We talked, cried and drank enough wine to float a battleship.

Sarah said, “How do you know for sure? I never actually had the proof or I would have kicked his cheating ass out a long time ago.” I showed her the pictures that Murph had given me. Murph had told me that he had taken them himself with his cell phone. He had even added with sympathy rather than humor, “They were so into it they forgot to close the drapes.”

Nicely anesthetized I missed Tom’s call that night.

The lawyer was enlightening. Murph sat in with me because he was the one who had taken the pictures. He explained how he had seen the two of them together and had guessed what was going to happen. He said, “Jane Longworth is a well-known slut at these events and the minute I saw Tom home in on her I knew what was going to happen. He does this all the time.”

My anguish spiked, this was not the person I had given myself to so totally. I started to cry even though I thought that I didn’t have any tears left.

The lawyer pointed out that even though New York was a no-fault State it allowed grounds for at-fault divorce if adultery could be proven by a third party. He said that the only stipulation was that the cheated-on party could not, in effect, condone the actions of the adulterer by continuing to live with him.

I was so devastated by what Tom had done to me that I was able to assure him with certainty that was not going to happen. So, I told the lawyer to draw up the papers based on adultery. I told him that I didn’t care about the division of property, which would be substantial. All I wanted was out of the marriage as soon as possible.

The lawyer said, “Have you talked to your spouse about this yet?”

I said, “I can’t stand to be near the cheating varmint let alone talk to him. So, I have given myself a week to cool down and gather my courage.” The lawyer said, “Let me advise you to do that sooner than later.”

I said, “It will be next weekend.”

I had picked Murph up. Doing the driving was the least that I could do for him being so kind to me. When we got back to his place he invited me in. I was still so numb with shock I didn’t want to even talk about it. In seven days, my life had gone from one of total happiness and love to one of stark desolation.

I went back to Sarah’s and slept for the entire afternoon. Tom called again and I let it go to voicemail. Murph called and asked me if he could buy me a little dinner. I wanted to do something, anything to get my mind off how bad I felt so I said “Sure.”

I tried to fix myself up a little. I had been crying for three straight days and my face was a mess but a shower and a little makeup worked wonders. Murph was scintillating all evening. I discovered that I was thinking less-and-less about Tom as Murph worked his magical Irish ways on me.

He dropped me at Sarah’s. He said, “That was really fun Janet, do you want to go out on my boat tomorrow and get a little sun?”

I thought about the offer and sun and water sounded like a brilliant cure for the cheating husband blues, so I said maybe a little too eagerly, Sure, what time?”

He had a big cabin cruiser with a galley and a cuddy with a bed. I changed into a bikini in the cabin. I know I have a killer body. I have known that for my entire adult life. But I was feeling seriously ugly thanks to Tom’s cheating. She looked younger and a whole lot hotter.

So, I chose the bikini that left very little to the imagination. I have huge breasts and a relatively small frame. I am only 5 foot 2 and small boned. The only other part of me that is big is my butt, which is all muscle but it looks like the stern of an aircraft carrier, at least when I am looking at it in a mirror. The thong left the entire expanse uncovered.

I thought that Murph was going to fall overboard when I came out on the deck. That was the response I needed. He cruised us around that day with me sitting on the front part of the boat drinking a Bloody-Mary and sunning myself.

I cooked for us and we ate and he brought us back to the marina as the sun went down. It was a glorious day and I was beginning to feel less like the walking wounded. I should admit that I was waiting for Murph to make a move on me but he never did. I thought to myself, “Maybe this is a friend I can trust.”

I had some cleaning up to do the next week, the usual end of the school year stuff. The familiar routine was exactly what I needed to get myself out of the funk I was in. Tom called every night and I talked to him but he was getting nothing from me in the way of warmth or affection. I would settle him on Saturday.

In the meantime, the lawyer had called and told me that he had the papers ready. All I needed to do was sign them and he would have Tom served. I told him to hold off until the following week, after I had talked to Tom. Murph took me out to a delightful little place on Wednesday evening. It was right on the bay and it had dancing out on the patio overlooking the water.

We danced for hours. He held me in the warmest and most romantic way. We moved together like we were a single person and eventually he kissed me. It was electric. I had not been kissed like that since the early days with Tom and I was gasping for more. But he just laughed and said, “After you do what you have to do.”

I was developing some serious feelings for the man. He had dropped everything and come completely across the country to comfort me when my world had ended. He had been nothing but respectful and even loving in the past week. And he had rescued me from my personal hell.

When we got to Sarah’s I kissed him again, very hot and deep. He returned the favor and even caressed my cheek in a way that was sending shivers down my back. He said with merriment in his eye, “I could get used to this.”

As the weekend got closer I was becoming more-and-more frightened. I had been totally deceived and I didn’t know how to handle it. The weeklong interlude was exactly what I needed to establish some distance on the event. But, I still had the final battle to face and that was scaring me out of my wits. I loved Tom and I would always be his. But, I had to face the fact that I couldn’t ever be his wife again.

The hurt and confusion was almost too much. I nearly called Tom up to ask him if we could just talk like we always have. But then I looked at those pictures and my fury returned full force. I would stick with the game-plan. That was when Murph called. He was his usual amiable self. He said, “I know you plan to face Tom tomorrow so how about coming over to my place tonight for a little moral support. I can also prove to you that I can cook.”

I laughed and said, “What time?” An evening with Murph was exactly what I needed to take my mind off the catastrophe that would happen tomorrow. He was in a checkered apron when I arrived on his doorstep. I laughed. He laughed. I had brought a bottle of wine as a gift and he already had one open.

I sat at his kitchen bar and drank the wine while he cooked. It was easy and cheerful, almost too cheerful. I thought to myself, “He’s putting this on to keep me from thinking about tomorrow.” I was grateful. The dinner was an Italian thing that I didn’t know a man was capable of cooking. I said, “You are a man of many talents Murph.”

We left the dinner dishes in the sink and made our way over to the couch. I had a final glass to finish. He sat close to me with his arm around me protectively and I talked about the feelings of insecurity that I had now. I told him that in my experience men were never to be trusted but that my life with Tom had made me think otherwise. That was the reason why his treachery had been so devastating. I said, “Now I will never be able to trust another man, EVER.”

Murph just nodded sympathetically and tightened his arm around my shoulders. It was a very soothing gesture. It said, “You are loved.” It just seemed natural to kiss him. His mouth tightened with passion mine opened to him and we began to seriously kiss. I moaned with lust. I was wearing a little sun dress and he slipped the straps down over my arms to reveal my breasts.

I am one of those women who is lost if you touch her nipples. He took one into his mouth and the bottom fell out of my world. I gasped and groaned with need. I lay back on the couch and he moved his hand down to my pussy. Miss puss-puss was overflowing.

He massaged my clit for just a second and I came loudly and wetly. I was on fire. Then I felt something slide into me and I was totally abandoned. I fucked him like a wildcat scratching and biting and making noises like he was killing me.

I know now that it was the emotion of the betrayal driving things but I have never acted like that in my life. I had my legs wrapped around his ass and my arms over my head making my body totally open to him. I must have come four or five times before he shot into me with a force that almost changed the atmospheric pressure in my womb. Then he rolled off me.

My mind was completely obliterated for a couple of minutes. Then I came back to my rational senses. I was horrified. I shrieked, “What have I done??!!” Murph sat up and looked at me compassionately. He said, “Nothing more than Tom has done over and over. You saw the pictures.”

I said, “I don’t care what HE did. I care about what I did” and started to gather up my clothes and put them on. Murph looked amused and said, “I’ll see you tomorrow after you have confronted him. We can come back here and I can fuck you as a free woman. You’ll love it.”

I touched his cheek and said, “I like you Murph but this is never going to happen again. I am Tom’s woman no matter whether he wants me or not. The only option for me now, is a convent, not you. I am not ashamed of what I did only because he so thoroughly betrayed me but it will never happen again.”

As I left Murph said smugly, “We’ll see.”

Tom tried to hug me as I came in the door the next day. I was so repulsed by him that I just brushed past, set my bag down and went in to print out the evidence.

He was looking distraught by the time I sat down with all the pictures in a manila envelope. I wanted this to be an ambush so I could judge by his reaction how totally I had been betrayed. The look on his face told me everything I needed to know.

I was so angry I could barely speak so I silently handed him the first four pictures. Those were the ones of him picking up the slut. Then I dealt him the cards that had put the stake through my heart. I was looking at him to note any sign of surprise. He looked puzzled and then he said, “Where did you get these?”

I thought “Aha!! guilty as charged.” I told him that a friend had given them to me. He didn’t need to know it was Murphy. I asked him what he had to say for himself. Tom is always measured and thoughtful. As he studied the pictures of his treachery he looked like he was analyzing them.

I thought to myself, “That’s an odd reaction?” Then he proceeded to tell me about something called “photoshopping.”

I teach third graders. I know nothing about computers. So, I looked at him puzzled. He carefully showed me how the incriminating pictures of him had been manufactured using some digital trick; the obvious conclusion was that they weren’t pictures of him at all.

I should have felt overjoyed but of course I had something weighing on my own conscience that was going to prevent anything but the darkest feelings of guilt and despair. He must have read that as skepticism because he dragged me down to his laboratory and showed me how the “proof” of his cheating on me had been manufactured.

If I thought that I had been devastated by pictures of his infidelity I now understood what devastated really felt like. I put my hand over my mouth and began to cry. I had betrayed my one true love and it was tearing me up inside. I was going to faint again so I sank to the floor crying. He picked me up with loving concern and I buried my face in his shoulder.

He told me that we could get past this. I knew we could NEVER get past this. I cried all the way home. It was like my child had died. When we got out of the car all I could see was that deceitful underhanded mother-fucker standing there with phony concern on his face.

Tom started to ask Murph to back off while he helped me deal with what he must have thought was incredibly strange behavior on my part. Things might have worked out differently if I had just been cool about it. But the man in front of me had caused me to betray the love of my life and I just snapped.

There is something mercilessly savage in the lizard brain of all of us and Jim Murphy had unleashed that. I went after him claws out. I was going to get his lying eyes at least, if not his balls. I shrieked every vile name I could think of at him. Tom grabbed me or I would have probably killed the son-of-a-bitch.

Tom is not a stupid man. He was beginning to put two and two together and he had gotten the right answer. He told Jim Murphy about the harm that he had just done to his future career and what he would do to him if he ever saw him again. The creepy fucker took off.

Then Tom turned to me. I couldn’t look at him. I was mortified and my soul had been crushed into miniscule little fragments. I just hung my head as he led me into the house. I knew that what would follow would be very, very bad.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.