KARA & KAL; THE TRUE STORY
Chapter 24

 

Ollie left, as his parents took him to Star City, California ... where Queen Industries was located. Lindsey was a little heart broken, but they exchanged emails.

With money, no longer an issue, Linda and I started to look at which colleges to attend.

Locally, we had Smallville Junior College. Two hours away was Kansas State University, based in Manhattan. Three hours, to the west was the University of Kansas—based in Lawrence. We both left SHS with great grades and near-perfect SATS.

Linda said that she would go wherever I went. I loved her for that. Misty-eyed, Mom set us down and started a conversation:

“Clark, the farther from Smallville you go, the more likely that you and Linda can be a couple. KSU and UK are nice, but you’ve mentioned Metropolis University once or twice.”

“You could come with us. I would love my mother to be nearby while Linda and I go to college,” I said.

“You don’t need me there, just please, wherever you end up, a visit from my two kids every now and again, will be just fine. Tom Haney’s wife died and he and I used to flirt a lot when we were younger.”

“Be safe,” I said getting a light slap from both her and Linda.


Later, my cousin and I had a long discussion if we were heading to college or to Metropolis.

She wanted the experience of college, so I agreed.

Using my laptop, with her on my lap, we made our plans:

(As Clark and Linda)

Buy a used vehicle

Find a place to rent near KSU,

Make a scheduled plan to visit Mom AMuchAP

Get thru College in three or less years

Pay our own way, using monies from ‘The Man of Steel”

(As Superman and Supergirl)

‘Come out’ and learn to get along with the people of Manhattan, when not taking a class. It’s only twice the size of Smallville, so it’s a chance to have ‘On-the-Job-Training’ as Super-police.


The next day, we took our school records and using Mom’s car, we traveled to KSU, going in directly to the registration office as Clark Kent and Linda Lee Danvers, a couple.

(Although it is a crime to have or use a name other than what you were born with, we justified it, and had created our own ‘new identities’ a few years before. She picked Danvers from the novel, Jekyll and Hyde. I think somebody made a Broadway Musical from that?)

They took our paperwork, and made a copy of our driver licenses, asking, “Do you need on-campus housing, we have twelve residence halls.”

“No Ma’am, we are getting a place off campus,” she said.


From there, we drove to the Jardine Terrace Apartments, looking for one or two-bedroom apartments. Nothing available, so we moved on to the Founders Hill Apartments, then the McCormick Apartments, followed by the Aggie Village Apartments, where we finally found a Studio Apartment, with one bed and one bath. It was a three-story set of apartments, and we were on the third floor, and it was furnished ... all for only $800 a month. Certainly, in our range.

I paid first, last plus a cleaning deposit, and told them we would be moving in, in two days.

The Manager handed me the keys, which Linda promptly took from me.

On our way home, she cuddled next to me, changed her hair back to blonde and said, “I can’t believe we are going to live together, all by ourselves.” I changed mine back to black, took off the black rimmed glasses Dad used to wear and said, “We may need to get a bigger bed. The only way we can fit on the one in there would be for one of us to lay on top of the other.”

She giggled, and I added, “Not that there would be anything wrong with that.”

On our way home to Mom, we also stopped at Briggs Super Center, purchased a previously owned Jeep Renegade, listed for $19,900, but paying cash and getting it for only $15,000. Jonathon always said, ‘Never buy any car new, ‘ and ‘Use Cash, to save Money!’ Smart man!

We paid extra to get it detailed in and out, telling them we would come by to get it the next day.

Linda called Mom to tell her we were on our way home, finding out she had left dinner for us in the fridge, and was being taken to dinner by Tommy Haney!

Go Mom!


We found Boneless Chicken and Baked Potatoes to be heated up. The fragrance alone was awesome, it tasted even better.

We were in bed, when the front door opened, and Mom whispered for us to hear her say, “Good night, kids.”

Sixty-six years old, and still feisty.

In the morning, over breakfast, Linda and I explained all we did. Although Martha was blushing, she listened and agreed with our plans.

Besides the plans we had already, a flyover of Metropolis seemed in order, so we had that planned that same night.

“It’s only 1,300 miles from Smallville,” Linda remarked.

“Yeah, but there is a lot of airline traffic we need to be careful of,” I said. “Do you think we should do it?”

“We need to just be careful,” my girl responded.

“There are a lot of people with cell phone cameras—Isn’t someone likely to catch us in flight?” I proposed.

“Maybe, but we do want the world to know about us, eventually, don’t we?”

“Yes, you’re right—but probably not until we moved there after college,” I said.

We agreed to wait before we took the trip to Metropolis, we weren’t in any real hurry.


The next morning, Mom took us to pick up our gorgeous new car, then we went back and started packing our stuff up.

 
There is more of this chapter...

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.