NOBEL TREASURE MYSTERY
Chapter 3

 

One more key to go and we were now pushing on walls looking in every nook and cranny until we found it.

It was very well hidden but using the key she opened it and all there was, was an envelope and a key next to it.

Something seemed different and we took the contents out and sat on the bed again!

This was a safe deposit box key and in the envelope was the name of the bank and the box number!

Leaving everything else in the room, we locked the house up, took my car to that bank and after explaining that the owners of the box had passed away and we were their son and daughter with both the box number and the key, they let us in.

After both keys opened the outer door, there was a somewhat heavy box that I helped the gentleman get.

“Mr. Noble, just to let you know, no one has seen whatever is in this box since 1973! Take all the time you need!”

We thanked him and he stepped out.

Why was this so heavy?

We opened it together and the first thing we saw was a bunch more cash from the same countries as before!

I reached in to the very bottom and gripped and removed a solid gold bullion bar.

Following that were six more of them, Plus two silver bars of what seemed the same size.

No wonder it was so heavy.

We stuffed the money in a bag they gave us, then I asked for the gentleman to come back in to find out if he can identify where these bars came from!

The moment he saw them, he closed the door behind him quickly.

“My goodness!” he said. “May I hold it and look it over closely, please?

We told him that was all right and he put on gloves first and looked it over very closely. He held it in a way that made me think he was weighing it and finally declared there were no discernable markings to help detect where it was made, but it is of the modern era dimensions and very likely 400 troy ounces.

He explained that gold bars like this one are classified into one of two different types, cast and minted, based on their manufacturing method.

Cast bars are made by pouring molten gold into an ingot mold to shape the product. Minted bars are made from gold blanks that have been precisely cut to the required dimensions, with markings applied by presses. He ascertained our gold bars to be cast bars.

Due to his assumption of their weight, would give each a value based on the current spot price, of $524,800 each.

He put it down very gently as though it was something very delicate.

He then asked if he could pick up the silver bar, which of course, we let him.

Almost apologetically, he weighed one and declared, “At current prices each of these are worth anywhere between $7,000 and $8,000 each. Exact value would necessitate an assayer; I could get one here if you would like?”

“No thank you, but thanks for your personal assessment” I said to him, “We will keep them in the box for right now.”

He helped me put them back in the box, however he found in the bottom a sealed envelope that rattled inside and handed it to me. I handed it to my sister. We put the seven bars back in the box and together we put the box back in its place.

I got my sister to open the envelope and it was what appeared to be another bank deposit box key.

We showed it to him and with our ownership clearly established he opened another one of the same size SDBs, again needing my help to carry it to the table.

He stepped out, so we could open it.

It had cash in the top this time all US and nine bars, eight gold and one silver. With Lulu’s help, we emptied the box and again found an envelope with a key.

Lulu stepped out to get him back in the room with us and again his eyes glimmered at the site of the precious metals on the table in front of us.

 
There is more of this chapter...

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.