Duffy's Tavern
Chapter 1

Copyright© 2016 by Peter Duncan

Erotica Sex Story: Chapter 1 - Duffy Manahan with the help of Craig Firestone, father of Tony Firestone of 'Breaking the Mold", becomes a successful Pub owner in Albuquerque. 61-year-old Ellen Firestone, the widow of Craig, striving to get her sex life back together has sex with her son Tony and seeks out Duffy Manahan at his Pub to be with Duffy to be with him.

Caution: This Erotica Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Consensual   Romantic   Heterosexual   Fiction   Incest   Mother   Son   Grand Parent   Swinging   Analingus   First   Oral Sex   Safe Sex   Squirting  

When he opened his restaurant and bar in Albuquerque, New Mexico at the age of thirty Duffy Manahan was quite young to be an entrepreneur in the hospitality business. It happened in March of 1990. Because of regulatory issues, city planning tie-ups, and inspection delays he was at the end of his financial rope. If his business didn’t pop within a month after his grand opening, he was facing the fastest bankruptcy in New Mexico’s small business history. But to his surprise and satisfaction by following Stanley Marcus’s blueprint for success, “Location, Location, Location,” he started repaying his debts within a week and a half.

He’d been tending bar at O’Doul’s since the age of twenty-one, just three years after graduating high school. O’Doul’s was a typical Irish pub with grill food and darts, having been in business for twenty years. In a fantastic location, the pub was positioned at the city line on the outbound side of the first main intersection toward the growing, western suburbs. There was a gas station on one corner, a convenience store on another, and an adult store on the other. O’Doul’s occupied the most advantageous spot on the intersection.

Sean was a first-generation Irishman, a wily businessman, and a good host with an appropriate, thick Irish brogue. Quick to recognize the young man’s dedicated work ethic and innate intelligence, Sean took an immediate liking to him. Methodically teaching Duffy the fine points of mixology plus giving him pointers on how to run a pub, within eight months Sean told him, “I have no heirs Son and I’m thinking that someday when I retire, I’ll offer you the opportunity to buy the place.”

Always bragging to Duffy about the secrets of O’Doul’s success he told him about how he found the best location in town for his pub. He kept drilling into Duffy that the excellent location that he picked came from a book written by Stanley Marcus, co-founder of Neiman Marcus and that the three important key ingredients for a good retail business were “Location, location, location.”

Sean once said, “The only way it could have been better would have been if a Catholic Church were nearby and a motel was across the street.”

When he asked why, Sean said, “As you know Duffy there is a lot of boy-and-girlin going on here—both legal and illegal. What would be better for two lovers under the influence of the grape—or a professional woman plying her trade—to be able to cross the street and scratch their itches in a convenient motel?” He added, “Being a good Mick Duffy, you know that Catholic churches are open all hours of the day and night. Since active sin takes place in joints like O’Doul’s and motels and the like, the best place for guilty sinners to confess the mischief they fell into at the pub and motel would be at a church within walking distance.

In 1988 Sean drew up a plan to sell the pub to Duffy. The young man was thrilled with the opportunity to take over the business and become the owner of O’Doul’s. He calculated that if he started making payments in six months fifty-percent ownership would be transferred to him in two years. If the business held up, he could make accelerated payments for eight years and become the sole owner of the business. Sean’s offer seemed extremely generous which to Duffy seemed like a no-brainer.

As the evening bartender and manager of O’Doul’s Duffy became friendly with several steady patrons. Craig Firestone, Cary Middleditch, and Ralph Edmondson were regulars who often came in for lunch during the day and many evenings for drinks after work. Craig, who lived closer to the pub than the other two men, would also come frequently for dinner with his wife Ellen. Ellen, though ten years older than Duffy, was not only extremely pretty she had fun innocently flirting with him. Though he knew she wasn’t serious he quickly developed a crush on her. As far as he was concerned Ellen Firestone was the classiest woman in the world.

One evening when the Firestones came in Ellen asked Duffy why he was smiling so broadly. “Sean O’Doul made an offer to sell me the pub,” he said.

“It’s a fantastic opportunity for me. Within ten years I can be the sole owner of O’Doul’s. But when Ellen was unable to mask the troubled look she gave her husband Duffy got an ominous feeling in his gut. Craig simply shrugged as if whatever was on her mind wasn’t their concern. But when Duffy went back to the bar, he noticed that while Ellen was talking harshly to Craig, he looked like he was trying to ignore her.

The next Monday night Craig came in by himself for a drink. The usually affable man seemed troubled and stopped after just one drink. As he got up to leave, he handed Duffy his card and said, “I need to talk with you about something Duffy. Why don’t give me a call at the office before you come in tomorrow? It’s quite confidential so I suggest you call from home.”

Duffy said, “Confidential in what way Craig?

It was as if he was looking over his shoulder to see if anyone might be listening. Lowering his voice he said, “Whatever you do, say nothing about our meeting to Sean.”

Duffy almost melted when he remembered the look that Ellen had given to Craig when he told them about buying O’Doul’s and the argument they got into when he left them at their table.

Before going to work the next day, he dialed Firestone’s office number. He was due to sign the papers to buy O’Doul’s on the fifteenth of the month; the next day would be the tenth. After a few pleasantries, Firestone began the following litany: “As you know Duffy, I’m a member of the city council. Over the past two years, we have been having meetings with the Interstate Commerce Commission about building a superhighway through town. It’ll connect to the road going all the way to California and the coast. The ICC has signed a letter of intent to go forward. But because of the ICC’s need to negotiate with other cities down the line, our section of the road will not start for ten years.”

Clearing his throat Firestone went on, “Prior to the work starting on the highway the City has agreed to go along with Eminent Domain which would involve tearing down all of the business in the intersection where O’Doul’s is located.”

Duffy was having trouble following what Craig was saying but it sounded ominous.

“If you sign the contract with Sean O’Doul by the time you’ve paid off your debt to him—because of Imminent Domain—you will have to find an entirely new location to move into. The problem lies with the money you will receive from the Government for the Eminent Domain move. Because of the demolition of the area, the value of the property will be far less than it is now. In addition to that, you can’t be guaranteed that you will find a location as good as where O’Doul’s is now.” He looked sternly into Duffy’s eyes. “So, if you sign the deal with Sean O’Doul, you will be buying a business that, in the worst case may fail well before the building has been torn down. People will be made aware that O’Doul’s is being demolished and will be moving to another location, which will be further away from them. So, they’ll be looking for a watering hole that is closer to them.”

Firestone stopped to allow what he was saying to sink in. The young bartender’s face had turned red, and his Adam’s apple was actively moving up and down.

“The best case you can hope for Duffy, thanks to ‘Urban Ecology,’ is that you will have to open a new business while losing customers at your current location. This will put an unbelievable strain on your finances.”

Duffy felt like he was going to faint.

“So, my advice to you my friend is don’t sign that contract with Sean.”

By this time Duffy’s Irish was over the brim. He was boiling mad at how Sean O’Doul was using him to get out of the business before the shit hit the fan. “I’m gonna tear that son of a bitch a new asshole,” he said “I...”

“Settle down Duffy,” Craig said, “you have better options than you might think.”

He was having trouble thinking. Sean, who had known what would happen for over a year, was stabbing him in the back. Why should I think that this Firestone, who would have never told me this had his wife not held his feet to the fire? He’s got something going with Sean.

“I know I’m probably blindsiding you with this Duffy, but I can’t emphasize how important it is for you not to go further in your deal with O’Doul.”

What he said next seemed to Duffy like he was reading his mind.

“And you’re leery of talking with ANYBODY who is not family about any kind of deal. But I’ve talked about this with Middleditch and Edmonson (Craig Firestone was a real estate broker, Cary Middleditch a lawyer, and Frank Edmondson a banker. Each was a member of the city council). “We all believe that Sean has created the business but, in our minds, the reason for the growth he has experienced over the last few years is because of you, Duffy. We all think you’re a breath of fresh air. I think most of O’Doul’s patrons feel the same way.”

When Duffy didn’t answer he said, “Are you still with me Duffy?”

His response was taut, “I’m listening but I don’t know why I should be.”

“I didn’t have to intervene Duffy,” Craig said. “You can thank Ellen for that. She really pinned my ears back after you left the table last night.”

The mention of Ellen Firestone pulled the pin that had activated the explosion. Duffy slammed his hand on the desk and yelled, “That COCKSUCKER, I could KILL him!”

Feeling relieved that Duffy’s seething had come to the surface Firestone said, “I realize how pissed you must be Duffy. Frankly, my partners, Cary Middleditch, Frank Edmonson, and I are really shocked that Sean would try to use you in such a dishonest way. I’m glad you told Ellen and me about it last night. We—my partners and you and me must get together. The important thing for you to do is NOT sign any papers with Sean. Can you come in and meet with us tomorrow morning? There’s got to be a way to capitalize on a talented guy like you and brighten all our future a bit in the process.”

He was trying to figure out what the hell Firestone was talking about. He had been counting his blessings and looking forward to becoming a rich man. Now the plan was turning into shit. He was having a tough time grasping the meaning of it all. But at least Firestone was talking about a deal that would benefit him. But he couldn’t help opening his mouth to whine. “It’s just...”

With a loud voice, Craig said, “Get a grip on yourself Duffy GODDAMMIT. You’ve done the perfect job of spilling the beans to Ellen and me about the deal O’Doul was making with you. My partners and I have been working on a plan that we originally intended to bring Sean O’Doul in on. But since he’s turned out to be such a heartless asshole to you, we’re gonna run it by you instead. It could be good for all of us. You need to meet Cary Middleditch, Frank Edmonson, and me at the Santa Fe Federal Savings and Loan Building ... nine o’clock in the morning.”

Duffy was pissed at Firestone for yelling at him and was confused about the whole thing.

“You’re not a kid anymore Duffy. So, get OVER it. We might be talking about making a fixture of you in this community. If it pans out, you just might make more money than you could have ever imagined.” Craig sat back in his chair and smiled. “But if you say anything to O’Doul about this conversation you might queer the deal and you’ll end up getting nothing. Young man, do you think you can bite your fucking tongue until you meet with us?”

Duffy was silent for a moment. “I-I don’t know who I can trust Craig. But I-I’ll be there.”

“And you’ll say nothing to O’Doul?”

“I’ll keep it all to myself ... sons-a- bitches!”

“I suggest that you get a good grip on your anger my friend ... spend a little time in front of the mirror tonight and practice being nice to Sean ... AND to us. Keep cool. We’ll see you in the morning.”

In the morning he went to Santa Fe Federal and met with Firestone the real estate developer, Edmonson the banker, and Middleditch the lawyer. They were in the conference room waiting for him. The banker started out by saying, “Had you signed with Sean O’Doul you would have made more money than you are making today but it would have only been temporary. When the highway project is announced the bank will renegotiate your contract and you would have to pay the much higher interest due to the increased risk the bank would be taking because your business would fall off. Are you with me?”

Duffy wasn’t sure that he was, but he nodded his head.

“You will have to relocate when demolition starts. At that time, when you are looking for the kind of real estate that O’Doul’s has always enjoyed, the prime real estate will already have been gobbled up by large companies with seasoned real estate divisions. You’ll be extremely lucky to find a location that will be as well situated as the pub is now. So, you’ll probably be looking at a location that won’t support your business. By signing with Sean now you will be lucky to support yourself when the shit hits the fan.”

Duffy cut in, “But I could always sue Sean for fraud.”

Middleditch wrinkled his brow, looked at his associates then at Duffy. Chuckling he said, “That’s true but where will you get the money to pay for the suit. And if you manage that it’s likely you wouldn’t be awarded the kind of money for which you would sue. Besides, since O’Doul is fully aware of how he is screwing you, he would have undoubtedly put his assets in his wife’s name so he wouldn’t personally be able to pay a large judgment anyway. And you could very easily go bankrupt in the process.” He paused for about ten seconds then said, “What has Sean O’Doul been saying for years Duffy that the reason for his success is?”

With his head down Duffy answered, “Location, location, location.”

“Right,” Middleditch confirmed, “And since three of us in this room are on the city council we know where the best location will be when that highway goes through. And since we might be interested in taking a small ownership position in a new O’Doul’s type of pub, we might have every reason to want that pub to be a resounding success. Do you get the picture, Duffy?”

He had heard talk about business manipulation and how people in power were in the position to make fortunes. But he had never considered that he would be sitting among such people who would consider folding HIS fortune into theirs. He didn’t really understand why he wanted to say “Fuck you,” when he thought and why should I expect that you and your friends won’t screw me too? But to the lawyer who was giving him a sly smirk, he tentatively nodded, hoping it would be the correct response that might benefit him in some way.

“So,” Middleditch said, “now that we have answered that question, it’s time to hear from the real estate maven.”

“Real estate has been my business for years, Duffy,” Firestone said. “I grew up in Albuquerque and have watched the city grow. Like all communities, Albuquerque’s largest growth has been to the west. So, for years my brokerage company has been buying undeveloped real estate at low prices on the far west side. People have been asking me if I have been out of my mind for years.” He grinned. “These two men, Messer’s Middleditch and Edmonson are not only members of the city council Duffy; they are partners in my real estate development company. They are the most perfect kind of partners one could have. Cary is a lawyer and Ralph, is a banker. They’ve always made sure that I have good legal advice and a ready source of capital.”

He went on, “Once word leaked out that the Feds approved the highway—it is still being kept under wraps—the Catholic church put in a bid to build a new parish just two blocks away from the most prime intersection on the western side of the city ... lots of development will be going in around there. A major hotel chain has put in a bid to build a motel on the opposite corner.” Locking into Duffy’s eyes he asked, “How many times have you heard Sean O’Doul say that the only better location than O’Doul’s current spot would be one with a Motel across the street, a Catholic church close by, and...?” rolling his hands in front of Duffy.

“A gas station on the other corner,” Duffy said with a silly grin.

With a sophisticated, understated smile Craig said, “We’ve just signed a letter of intent from a major oil company that wants to build a super-station across the street.”

Though feeling better at what was being explained to him a cloud passed over Duffy’s mind. Since Sean was already in the act of screwing him, what would keep these three men from using him in such a way as well? He asked Firestone, “I’ve known Sean for years and he is screwing me. Other than coming into the bar and seeing me there you don’t know me that well. What would keep you guys from wanting to take the same kind of advantage of me too?”

Resuming control of the conversation Firestone said, “You’re a young pup, Duffy. You’ve been fed a bill of goods by Sean O’Doul, and we are the ones telling you about patrons being friends.” He opened his arms wide like the pages of a book. “The fact IS Duffy before we found out that Sean was such an asshole, we were ready to make this presentation to him. I don’t doubt that he would have jumped at the idea. We didn’t like Sean all that much in the first place though ... always considered him a bit shady. But as a strict business concern, the association made good sense to us. Sean understands the pub business and a Pub is an important part of our plan.” He shrugged. “O’Doul is successful at it.”

“We (opening his arms to include his partners) don’t like people hurting other people just because they are greedy pricks. “The fact is, like most of O’Doul’s other patrons, we like you a hell of a lot more than we do Sean. You’re young and still have a great deal to learn. but everybody knows how smart you are. The fact is you’re an exceptionally good host. Are you listening kiddo?”

Duffy glared and said, “Don’t treat me like a kid. Those are pleasant words but how do I know you won’t fuck me like Sean?

Firestone laughed as he looked at his partners. “I told you he has balls.” The others snorted in reserved approval. “O’Doul’s Pub to us and a lot of other high-powered businessmen in town is like a men’s club. You’ve seen us there Duffy with our heads down and whispering?”

He looked at his partners and then Duffy for confirmation. Duffy gave him a slight nod. “Lots of heavy-duty stuff’s gone down at O’Doul’s. Before Ellen and I heard about this deal from you, even if he wasn’t our best pal, Sean was still a good businessman. Now he’s a prick that none of us want to deal with. With you in the picture the arrangement is beginning to appeal to us a lot more, assuming you can handle it. Is it sounding any better yet?”

Duffy sighed inaudibly then said, “It sounds real good Craig but I’m a bartender, remember?” He eyed each man individually. “I hear bullshit every night.”

The three men liked that Duffy was being feisty. Middleditch—the lawyer—broke in, “Anyone in your position having something like this dropped on them from out of the blue would be nuts not to think we had a different agenda than we are stating. And we know how ... um ... Tenderfoot that you’re having just learned that your friend is trying to screw you, we could have let it happen and made our deal with Sean. But (he shrugged) here we are.”

Edmonson the banker said, “You don’t have much time to make your decision Duffy and we don’t have time for bullshit. So, let’s get down to some of the nubs, like how would we finance a new pub with a name like Manahan’s?” The suggestion widened Duffy’s eyes.

With a shrug of his shoulders, Edmonson said, “We are in the boardroom of a bank. Here’s the deal: We—Sandia Mountain Partners—own the land and lease it to the Catholic Church, Quality Inns, Shell Oil, and you for 99 years. We—our new company has not yet been named—will borrow the money to build Manahan’s building and buy the fixtures for the bar and restaurant. It will be a 15-year loan. Sean would have put up collateral for the loan. You have no collateral. Yet we are gambling that what you will bring to the table will be a major part of growing the business.”

It was precisely at that moment that the young Duffy Manahan decided to get into the game. With butterflies in his stomach, he coolly fixed his eyes on each of the partners. Recalling gatherings at O’Doul’s: sometimes two of these men, three of them, sometimes three of them with as many as three more “substantial businessmen,” he thought so this is how it’s done, chuckling inwardly, they’re working me.

“When the loan is paid back at an interest rate below the market,” Edmondson went on, “you will be the sole owner of Manahan’s if that is what you want to call it.” His face grew somber. “But there are two things you must promise us. First, when Sean gets over the shock of you not signing the papers you must promise that you will make every effort to convince him that you just got cold feet and wanted out of the deal.”

Firestone added, “You need to learn everything there is about successfully running a bar and restaurant business. I suggest you check out the University for courses in Hospitality. And second,” his eyes narrowed like he was staring daggers through Duffy, “you have to stop ogling my wife.”

Duffy smarted from Firestone’s remark. Though he knew that the relationship between Craig and Ellen was too warm and friendly for him to be serious about what he said. At the same time, he had been working in a bar long enough to know that some serious shit went down with men and women there. He rewarded the jibe with a sheepish face. It became a joke when Middleditch blurted, Geez Craig does that mean I have to stop ogling Ellen too?” In a mock surprise, Edmondson said, “And me TOO?”

Realizing that Craig’s warning about his wife was “in your face” male banter he shot back a sarcastic answer. “I’m sorry Craig, it’ll never happen again.” He was too overwhelmed with Ellen to do anything less than ogling her and enjoying a bit of fantastical lusting. To him, she was a goddess. Was there a deeper meaning to Craig’s comment? He had obviously noticed that his eyes were on his wife. And he didn’t take it kindly that her sexiness was the butt of her husband’s and his buddies’ leering laughter. Letting them all off the hook Firestone faked his own laughter.

Being a bartender Duffy was good at laughing at patron’s jokes that he had heard over and again. “Geez Craig,” he said, “you sure had me there. That was a good one.” His laughter and comment brought another round of chuckles along with a veiled stare from Craig Firestone.

Between extreme discomfort and euphoria, he knew he had to negotiate. It was obvious these men had no respect for wimps. When he said, “I have a bone stuck in my craw Cary,” Edmonson’s eyes snapped to attention. The other two gave each other a questioning glance.

“You said that I have no collateral. I doubt that there are many bartenders at my age and experience in the country who have been offered as many jobs as I have—and recently. All of them have been for more money than Sean has been paying me. I’ve turned them all down because I was going to sign the papers to buy O’Doul’s.”

He looked at Firestone. “I can’t even imagine what I owe you Craig for bringing me in here (he was beginning to feel how lucky he was). And I’m grateful to each of you for making this offer. It’s because you really do think I have more collateral than Sean. Though Sean’s collateral is in money and assets, he’s proven that he has no character. You have convinced me that my collateral is DUFFY MANAHAN. We will call the place Manahan’s. But that brings up a couple of other things.”

He had always found it easy to talk with patrons at the bar but that was more in the realm of bullshit. When he walked into this meeting, he was fraught with the discomfort of insecurity. But the vibes these men gave off filled him with new-found confidence. It seemed to him that when they found out that Sean had offered him a contract to buy his business a burden had been lifted off their shoulders. Could it be that the offer they were cooking up to save his ass from Sean was their own relief that he was saving THEIRS? An overwhelming feeling of relief filled the room. Suddenly it was all he could do to keep a straight face as he caught them trying to sneak glances at one another.

His chest expanded with a new sense of confidence as he asked, “What about the Hospitality courses you spoke about Craig? The Doubletree downtown has offered me the job as head bartender. They have given me two weeks to give them an answer; the deadline is next week. I was going to turn it down, but I wanted to savor the offer for a bit. Part of their proposition is to send me to the University to take all the hospitality courses they offer. They’ll pay me almost double what Sean is paying me. I’ll put away half my salary into the fund for the new yet unnamed partnership that will build the building and furnish the kitchen and bar. That would be a pittance compared to the cost, but it will help in a small way to pay off the loan. I figure that with the more experienced and educationally enhanced Duffy Manahan, the business we’re ALL creating will be the most profitable Irish Pub in the country. So, I figure that DUFFY MANAHAN should be a 25% partner in that yet unnamed partnership fellas. What do you think?”

As all three men leaned back in their chairs and exchanged astonished glances an answer came faster than he expected. “I think you should apologize to Duffy for calling him a ‘young pup’ and ‘kiddo’ Craig,” Middleditch said, “But as principals of Sandia Mountain Partners we must noodle this privately...”

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.