The Return of the Mack - Cover

The Return of the Mack

Copyright© 2016 by BUICK GS

Chapter 5: Us Without Them! Kansas Livestock and Wagons Ho!

Western Sex Story: Chapter 5: Us Without Them! Kansas Livestock and Wagons Ho! - We will be looking in on the life of Buffalo Soldier Sgt. Mack Shaft. Mack and the men he mustered out of the Army intend to get on with their lives after the Civil War. Our story begins with Mack fighting to get out of the Army. Their final destination is somewhere out west. But you never know where you might end up living. New codes to be added as needed. No sex in this opening Chapter.

Caution: This Western Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Ma/ft   Fa/Fa   Consensual   BiSexual   Heterosexual   Rags To Riches   Western   Incest   Mother   Son   Brother   Sister   Daughter   Black Male   Black Female   White Male   White Female   Black Couple   White Couple   Cream Pie  

Those last four days could not go by fast enough for a variety of reasons, depending on whose eyes were doing the looking. We spent plenty of time making sure THAT ALL OF THE WAGONS WERE GOOD TO GO. Both Buck and I wanted everyone’s wagons to be the best that they could be, as we both knew that our group would be nowhere near any of those people, to make any repairs they may need later on down the road. So we both saw it as our job to start them out on their journey right, on the off chance that they actually decided to go as far west, as California. Now as lazy as they really are, we all doubted that they would really go all the way that far west. But we were only concerned with them lasting more than a more than few weeks, with no real wagon issues. By then they should be able to have found some laborers by then, to replace the workforce, that they will have lost, by that time. Or they would have practiced often enough, to get the job done themselves. Or they would just stop in some city along the way, and make their new lives at whatever city, or town they stopped at.

As far as their animals and such were concerned, we had a list of what they had, and we made sure that they had the right numbers, I ain’t promising that they got the same animals, as we cherry picked what looked to be the best animals for ourselves as these people had not came to check on their animals since this trip began. All of our hard work counting the herds was for nothing, and a waste of our time in the end though. We took all the livestock that we said belonged to the other camp the evening before our animals were due to pull out early the next morning. These men we were working so hard to help, were thinking the former slaves that had been watching the herds were going to stand guard over the herds along with the camp dogs. Well they were wrong, and the camp dogs remembered the hand that fed them more so than the hand that owned them. So in the end the camp dogs and more than half the herd ended up walking back to our camp, rejoining our herds that same night, go figure that.

The few former slaves that were stuck on the stupid ass idea, of not going with us, were finally convinced to abandon the silly notion of staying with folks, who would not treat them any better than any of the livestock that they owned. The same livestock that couldn’t speak the first word of english, nor could any of these animals give any man a straight answer in a simple conversation in any kind of language known to man. They may not have been the sharpest knives in the kitchen drawer, but they were sharp enough to want to be treated as men, and not like cattle. But the tipping point came when the women that these men were currently fucking refused to stay in a situation were that were forced to fuck their former owners, including their older and grown male children, and their male friends too. These women also wanted to go and dish out a little trail justice for the many times that they had been raped in the past, too.

It took more than a little effort to settle them down. After seeing their reaction and hearing their words, the older folks that really wanted to go with the white folks also saw the light. The pleas of us begging them to go with us and share the wisdom that they had gained in a lifetime of living paid off. “I didn’t mind telling any of you we were going to need all the help we can get, as we hope to build our new world from scratch. I am making it clear that we will begin talking each night, and for us to get a group together to make this happen for us. I am saying that everyone here has a stake in us building our world, some of us bring money, while some of us bring skills, and working abilities, and know how to the table. As there are too many of us to talk and be heard without yelling, we need one man from the guys working with the herds, a person from the wagon drivers, some of the ladies doing the cooking and child care need to send a few people over too. Yes, I want input during the nightly discussions before we go to bed.” I said.

“Would everybody please listen up, to hear me the best that you can, anyway? For those of you that don’t know me, or you don’t know my name, I answer to the name of Lady, Mack Shaft is my son, and along with Vanessa Rodgers we will be taking notes and asking people about what skills they have. We need to know who can do what to make all this hard work go as easy as possible.” Lady Shaft said. “It is going take a few days for Lady or I, or somebody that we send to you, we only ask that you tell us about any skills that you have, if you don’t have too many skills yet don’t worry, we will all be learning things that we have never done before.” Vanessa said. “To make all of this work like we want it to, everyone will be getting their hands dirty, no matter what anyone else thinks. We will have enough work to go around, I assure all of you. Let’s all of us, get a good night’s sleep so we can get gone early morning, with the livestock having already left earlier this afternoon.” Vanessa Rodgers said.

Trump and a few of his associates rode hard into our just about ready to leave camp, yelling. “You people have stolen most of our livestock! You came back and stole most of our cattle last night! Where are they, you son of a bitch?!” As I was standing next to Trouble when they rode up I had already pulled my rifle. We know that cattle rustling is a shooting, or hanging offense, something I wasn’t all that comfortable with either of those options happening to me. I cocked the rifle quickly using the spinning technique. (see the Rifleman) “I don’t have your cows, as you can see, our livestock left yesterday morning! Your welcome to get them when we all get off the boat in Missouri if you want, because the boat they are on left early this morning already. We are headed to the dock in two hours to check our boat at the docks today.” I said. “You had better not be lying to me, Shaft! I will have some men on the docks this morning to catch the same boat, and keep you within our sight until we get our cows back.” Trump yelled at me.

“You should know that Captain Nemo won’t be back for nearly a week, and you will have to pay all over again to ride his boat if don’t sail with him in the morning. Captain Nemo made it clear that he does not give refunds for missed trips either.” Buck said. Trump and company left to get up a posse of men to go down to the docks. We pulled out as quick as we could, heading west into Arkansas, following our livestock. Choosing to keep a larger rear guard, in the event that the Trumps came a looking for us. We told them that we were leaving on the Santilla, a name that Buck obviously pulled out on the fly. The Santilla was due to leave at 9:00 a.m., we told Trump 10:00 a.m. it was our hopes that the Santilla was already gone by the time they get there.

As cheap as Trump is, we knew that they didn’t want to miss a free boat ride. But we also knew they couldn’t afford to lose all those cows also. We rolled out hard for the first hour or so then slowed down to rest that teams. Lunch was a quick stop to water and feed the teams and ourselves before getting on the move. By nightfall we knew either our gig worked and they believed they would have to catch us on the docks, or they just knew they needed to get back to protect their wagons and families, as they had been there long enough that thieves would or should be looking for a way to relieve them of any of their valuables or more.

We really did not care as long as they were not bothering us. Plus as a small problem about following us with all the tracks on the ground, as this road is heavily used, I wonder if they will blame Captain Nemo for not letting the black people sail on his boat. Poor Mr. Trump, I almost felt sorry for him and his group, as they did not have enough to men or time to do what they needed to get done. Though none of their problems were any of my problems, I just hoped that they got on the boat hoping to find us waiting for them in Kansas City, Missouri. Once we left Arkansas they would be out of our lives forever, anyway. I let Buck’s mom and mine do the talking that night, as I was one of those having to get up and in the saddle early as I was part of the scout team tomorrow, plus I was not sure where to start all this information gathering anyway. We had to have one of the largest wagon trains on the move anywhere in the United States. We were large enough that two different sets of road agents tried twice in two different locations to try to rob the first few wagons, not bothering to count just how many wagons were approaching them.

While they were attempting to gain control of the front of the wagontrain, and it’s drivers, who were acting very submissive by the way. Other drivers from farther on back in the wagon train who saw, and heard what was going on up-front easily got up a group of armed men, who simply walked up the outside of the wagon train, and retired the folks that were holding up the show. After the troublemakers were relieved of anything valuable, they were left in the all together (naked) just off the road for the scavenger crews to enjoy at their leisure. After the third day we caught up to our livestock. We agreed to all travel together, even if it slowed us down some, with the livestock leaving early then the wagons each day, as it was still a safety in numbers type of thing. Zeke asked to use a larger group of men to control and worked the livestock, that way all of the men Zeke included could switch jobs so that every man had a chance to do the popular jobs and the not so popular jobs, too.

Both Mack and Buck rotated between the scouting crew, the floating security of the entire outfit, and driving different wagons. From the first camp meeting before they left, every man and woman understood no person was too important to do a needed job. And after everyone’s skills were listed everyone knew they would be expected to lead those jobs, as well as be willing to teach others to do these jobs as well. Also the teaching of anyone who needed book learning went on before and after dinner, before the nightly camp meetings. Train supervised the scout and security crews with other helpers, Train surprised everyone in camp by asking Spencer, a man he barely knew, to work with him. If Train was working with the scouts, then Spencer worked the floating security teams. Mack and Buck also answered to both Train and Spencer when they worked with those crews, so if trouble came to the outfit everyone knew who was in charge of each group.

John Mills and Lance headed up the wagon train, one at the front and one at the back making sure the train’s movement and other daily concerns were addressed ASAP. They had naturally gained a wagon here, or there from other wagon trains, and lost a few as well, including a few original wagons that did not like all other members of the train with darker colored skin. Nobody got upset, with any of these changes though. Things were going ok until we arrived at a Trading Post in the eastern area of Arkansas called Bald Knob. A man named Josh who owned the Trading Post that was still very new, as was Bald Knob, with only about a 140 people living in the area. When our womenfolks descended upon the trading post Josh had plenty of buckskin clothing we just about cleaned him out, putting a very large smile on his face. Sadly a few of us bigger men were out of luck. Josh asked. “Do you have a day or so that you can wait around? Fast Walker makes them, and she can fit the three of you in a day or so. She is a widow with three kids to feed, she has been helping us around the Trading Post, and also being a very good friend to both my wife and myself.” Josh said.

About this time a very beautiful woman walked in the door and walked over to Josh and asked. “Did they buy all of the outfits that I had made for you, Josh?” “Yes, Fastwalker, they took all I was willing to sell them, I kept a few for the mountain men this fall, and for myself and Sandy. I was just about to send for you, and this is Mack Shaft. He would like you to size him up and make him some buckskins to fit him and a few others his size.” Josh said. Fastwalker sized Mack up, looking at him closely, and then had him turn around a few times. “As it is so early today I will have you fixed up by tomorrow night, with my girls helping me to do the work. I am sure Sandy will let me use her machine too, as she knew the time needed to this is so little.” Fastwalker said.

“I can see that your group is very different than any group that I have ever saw before. I don’t believe in slavery, nor does my wife, though some folks around here do. I say this to warn you to watch out for some troublemakers with too much time on their hands. These folks I am talking about act many times without any benefit of thought beforehand. I have to live here, but like more then a few folks around here we don’t share their views, but we also don’t want to be one of their next potential targets, either. We really don’t have a lawman around per se, Deputy Eli Crow handles most of our issues that we can’t handle amongst ourselves.” Josh said. “I have met Mr. Crow before, I am hoping that I happen to run across him again, because I need to ask a favor of him that would help us all to settle in Oklahoma Territory much easier.” Mack said.

“I see, well Eli just may be passing by here in a day or two on his way back to Fort Smith, as he had some business in Memphis about a week ago. I can sell you some feed for your animals if you want to wait a few days before moving out, but most likely he will have to pass you to get to Fort Smith, as both of you will be heading in the same direction. That brings up another situation that I would like to talk to you about, it concerns Fastwalker and her little family. She has had to face trouble a few times with men wanting to use her, if you get my meaning. I managed to step in and save her a few times. Fastwalker herself saved herself and her daughters another time, much to the displeasure, of all of these narrow-minded thinkers around here. Now these fools wouldn’t tolerate any man messing around with the women in their own families, but are more than willing to not only tolerate, but participate in trying to violate Fastwalker and her family.” Josh said. “But you could really do both me, you, and Fastwalker and her two young daughters and her son a big favor, by taking them with you when you leave. They are all full blooded Cherokee Indians. Their small tribe died from a sickness a few years back. I let her make buckskin outfits as you can see, but after she outfitted all of us around here, and a few travelers, her market mostly dried up on her. I am glad you came along, and more or less cleaned out my supply. I know that I can’t stock up buckskin clothing like that again, though, as I don’t know when another large group like you will stop by, and buy everything that she has made. Her quality is so good, that most people are still wearing the first outfit that she made for them. Fastwalker even included a few matching scraps for any needed repairs. Though most folks, even those she that has troubles with, will bring her their outfits to do any needed repairs, Fastwalker’s repairs almost always look nearly invisible afterwards.” Josh said.

About this time my mother and Miss Vanessa, who was becoming like a second mother to my entire family, came in the door, dragging Buck in with her as well. Poor Spencer was along for the ride. so he had Lance tag along with him for moral support, as the few women standing with my mother were sure stirred up about something. I had learned since this trip began to get nervous if them womenfolks got stirred up about anything, as I myself or Buck were expected to solve whatever issues that they had, if we wanted in any peace about whatever was going on. “Josh has a wagon loaded with bolts of material plus three sewing machines, and another wagon loaded with two sewing machines to work on heavy materials like leather. And we not only want them, but we will be needed those things where we are going. Sandy, Josh’s wife, says that the wagons, machines, and all of the material is for sale. And we women want them, with all of us women around here you are going to need more machines anyway.” Lady said. Buck and I just rolled our eyes at the same time.

We both turn our heads quickly at the sound of laughter. We turned to look at Josh laughing very hard, complete with tears too. Sandy walked in the door, and just looked at her husband, and said. “Josh, you can stop all that damn laughing! I seem to remember that you didn’t seem to think it was all that funny last year when I made you trade for all that equipment! You did in fact look a lot like these poor lost gentlemen are looking right now.’ Sandy was saying. Poor Josh went and set down, trying to compose himself, but failed a few times before he was successful. “I am sorry fellows, you just looked like I felt last year when those wagon drivers dumped that equipment on me last year. All seven men had traded me those two wagons for some horses and tack and a few supplies to catch a wagon train, as each of the seven men had found a pretty face that they could not live without. And they didn’t want the train to get too far away from them, as they had lost a few men to a robbery attempt, recently. I sent word to the shipper that I had the equipment and they did not want it back, the person they were shipping it to never responded to me.” Josh said.

Josh and I haggled back and forth until we were interrupted by the women. “Will you two get serious and end this shit right now!” Miss Vanessa said loudly. All that did was cause Josh and I to start laughing all over again. “Listen ladies, we men are having some fun here, the stuff is sold, ok? Now would you please let us men handle the details!” Josh said. And we men went back to haggling, and later swapping lies, as only a bunch of men can do. We were really enjoying ourselves too. Josh had a few othe customers pass through, plus our many people were shopping off and on, too. Josh, Buck and I got to laugh at Spencer and Lance as they got glassy-eyed and tongue-tied later in the day when Spencer saw Fastwalker for the first time. Lance was just as bad when he saw Quietstorm walk into the room.

That was the end of the haggling, as Spencer and Lance were both running off at the mouth, and asking questions like a pair of leaky buckets. “Well Mack, is it going to be safe to let these poor defenseless women leave with you with these two fellows running around loose in your camp?” Josh asked me. “Very safe, neither one them actually seems to know how to talk if either woman is nearby.” “I am glad you are looking out for the family that you have obviously come to care about. But to be truthful, I served in the war with Buck and Lance, and I stand by their judgement in any matter. When you have to lean on a small group of men when your own life is at stake, you tend to learn exactly what all of the men that are standing around you are really all about.” I said.

“Josh, I grew up with Spencer, as his dad worked for my dad, and neither of us were proud of any of what we saw, growing up. Spencer was not allowed to go with me to the war as his dad stepped in and stopped him, not wanting him to fight for the Union Army. Where as mine did not, mainly because I did not tell him when I left to join up, but Spencer and I always felt the same concerning slavery. When Spencer found out that I was back and was already about to leave for good, Spencer went and quickly packed his kit, and asked if he would welcome to ride out with me. Even when I told him that I was in fact just riding along on Mack Shaft’s coattails, just like I did in the war. Only now the ride was to God only knows where, he just simply said to me that anywhere I was going right now was much better than sticking around the Rodgers Plantation any longer.” I could not argue against his logic, on sticking around here at the Rodgers Plantation.” Buck said.

“Mack can tell you Spencer has not had a cross word with anyone in our camp, and has become a very useful member, also.” Buck said. I just nodded my head to his words. Josh looked as though the weight of the world was lifted off his shoulders. Josh and Sandy had dinner with us. More than a few smiles were showing looking at Spencer, Lance, Fastwalker and Quietstorm trying to get to know each other, it was a little awkward to say the least, as Fastwalker was just a little bit distracted, because she was trying to keep an eye on her daughter Quietstorm. When Willow sat down with her mother and sister, another new face popped up suddenly, the new face belonged to Blackfeather, Train got himself a seat near Willow. Lance and Train were both a little bit older than either Quietstorm or Willow, they were not really that much more experienced when it comes to women.

Fastwalker and her girls were very interested in the group learning that went on after dinner was finished and cleaned up after. Josh and Sandy were also impressed that the learning was going on, but also with most of the teachers too. By the time we all went to bed, other than the assigned guards taking the first 2-hour shift, we had put in a full day not having gone anywhere. When we woke up to begin our day Josh and Sandy both made themselves obvious at our cook pots, and they just happened to bring Fastwalker, Quietstorm, Willow and Blackfeather along also. Miss Annabelle put Fastwalker, Quietstorm and Willow to work, after making sure Fastwalker understood that Miss Annabelle expected some buckskin fashions in her future too. Fastwalker blushed at what Miss Annabelle said to her as she saw the respect that Miss Annabelle easily commanded, as well as how everyone loved Miss Annabelle too.

Since we were staying a few extra days, Fastwalker, her daughters, and a few new surprise helpers began working on some surprise garments for some of the members of our camp. Mack got to work with Blackfeather, and Blackfeather soaked up the attention like a sponge. His mother had taught him to hunt and track, finishing the lessons his father had began to teach him before he died. Mack also gave Blackfeather a pistol and a rifle, while Blackfeather had learnt to shoot a rifle that had he borrowed from Josh often. Though he had never fired a pistol before, let alone practiced a quick draw. With Mack and others working with him, he fired his new pistol a few hours at a time, before cleaning his weapons and practicing drawing the pistol from a holster on his hip.

Fastwalker was proud that her son was working hard to be of help to their new camp, and they would soon leave Josh’s trading post, forever. The ladies of the camp had bought many of Josh’s furs to take with them for both clothes and other coverings, while the shelters for both them, and their livestock were built this summer. Josh gave them some good deals, as they were making him not have to worry about money any time too soon.

With L G Murphy trying to take over most of the businesses in Bald Knob, Josh and Sandy were talking the second night Mack was there about selling out to Murphy and moving on. Murphy did not play fair, and was hinting that his patience was running out. Not knowing how long Mack was staying in town, and hearing that Mack was spending money with Josh hand over fist was getting old. Murphy was still mad he could not get Fastwalker to only sell her goods in his store. Having the advantage of seeing Josh and Sandy’s bank account daily, he knew they were making a lot of money. Josh had quietly bought five wagons, four of which had seen better days. Josh then sold the wagons to Mack at his cost, within a week those four wagons looked like brand new again. Josh sold the Trading Post to L G Murphy Inc. at a loss, as Murphy though he was forcing Josh to do what he wanted. Josh had cleaned out everything he wanted to take with him before he agreed to sell the Trading Post. U. S. Deputy Eli Crow had had been in town about three days with his partners, spending his days over at the Trading Post.

Murphy knew that Deputy Eli Crow could not be bought, and in fact Eli had a lot more money than L. G. Murphy did, but Deputy Crow was an honest man, and Murphy knew that he could not corrupt Deputy Crow, and blackmail was out, too. And the few that tried in the past to go up against the man are no longer around to show their regret for ever messing with Eli Crow, lawman or not, the man is just plain dangerous. And that is the same feeling L. G. Murphy and his men got from this Mack fellow. When they came to take over the building they had just bought after signing all of the paperwork over at the bank, Murphy was a little upset that the place was damn near bare walls. Most of what was there was stuff you didn’t sell all that often but you needed to carry, such as clothes, replacement window glass, alcohol, etc, etc. The only weapons left there were all very old and all of them were used, any guns that were newer were not in very good condition. The knives found in the Trading Post were in the same sorry condition as the guns were.

Several ranchers were getting together to set up their own store to force Murphy to play fair. And these same ranchers made Mr. Murphy understand personally that they would continue to see to it that he understood they knew how play the same type of nasty games that he did. And that they were playing for keeps too, Mr. Murphy got his feelings hurt some more, for when these same ranchers opened up their own bank, and the run then commenced over at Mr. Murphy’s bank, when the ranchers who were his largest depositors withdrew all of their funds, quickly followed by all their families, friends and employees. Mr. Murphy was left with a building that was a little more than sun filled windows. His world had crashed to the point of having to mortgage most of his own properties, including his very large ranch, to both make his payroll, and to keep up his lavious lifestyle.

Mr. Murphy couldn’t wait to take some his cattle to market just to ease some of his cashflow problems. He couldn’t yet plan a course of revenge, as Josh was leaving town, not only with this Mack fellow and all of his travelers, but U. S. Deputy Eli Crow and his partners were tagging along, as they all left town together. Mr. Murphy had enough sense to understand that if Mack’s men didn’t come back and level the rest of Mr. Murphy’s world, then U. S. Deputy Eli Crow surely would, and some manner of death was sure to follow i visit. The Legend of Eli Crow was well known to many men, both good and bad.

Before Eli Crow left our group to head for Fort Smith, he said he would see what he can do for my plan. But left no doubt that I would come to regret ever meeting him if I wasn’t a man of my word. And just out to steal the land of any tribes of Indians willing to work with me to secure all of our futures from the ‘Questionable Men’ in Washington, D.C. who had forced the many different tribes to live wherever the tribes of Indians are living now.

We were not making more than a 15-25 mile average per day because of all the livestock we had plus the immense size of our outfit, some days we had to stop early because of either a water source or good grazing land was found, or go a little farther to find one or the other. We topped off every water barrel at any water source we camped at, and this was a group effort because everybody understood that tomorrow we may not be near a water source to set up camp. And God forbid we had to go more than a few days between water sources. I was taught both while growing up, and as an adult in the war, that it was better to have and not need, than to need and not have. And that simple motto has never steered me wrong, so I willingly live by it, every day.

The nightly pairings of people eating dinner was beginning to take shape, Zeke is nearly 6 feet tall with next to no fat on his frame from working hard every day of his life. Zeke was in his late 50’s, or his early 60’s, he was not having any troubles as Miss Annabelle was keeping Zeke company, but Vanessa Rodgers was seen with Zeke and Miss Annabelle too, and nobody was at all surprised when Vanessa sat in Zeke’s lap and kissed him passionately. Josh had sold the outfit all of the tents he had on hand. Plus Mr. Murphy sold Buck most, if not all of his tents, also.

Now it went without saying that there was likely to be some breeding going on in many a tent soon, if not now, or most every night sooner, or later. It was amazing how few men it took to put up the tents when you had the right kind of motivation. Just in case you didn’t understand, you forgot, or never knew in the first place, PUSSY, has always been, and will forever be a strong motivator of both men, and sometimes women too. It seems folks were doing a spot of courting all over our little caravan. And the women, it seems, were setting up who would be staying with the children on a rotating basis.

My tent crew consisted of Buck, Zeke and Averil, we would be responsible for putting up and taking down our tents, as well as helping other men in putting up the children tents also. This was a daily job, sometimes putting up your tents went faster than others, and sometimes it didn’t go as fast. Plus there was the issue of when you were able to start setting up your tents, as watering the animals was job one for the menfolks, while the womenfolks began setting up the camp and keeping an eye on any children that were not help to set up the camp.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.