The Electrician - Cover

The Electrician

Copyright© 2016 by Unca D

Chapter 21

Romantic Sex Story: Chapter 21 - Adam, smarting a recent divorce, is renting a bungalow from a friend until he can find a permanent residence. A call to an electrician to fix a faulty outlet results in Kara showing up for the job. He discovers she has similar interests and invites her to dinner, which she reluctantly accepts. They fall in love. Adam is surprised to learn Kara is a 29-year-old virgin. At her request he deflowers her. Their love is tested when Kara suspects, despite their engaging in safe sex, she is pregnant.

Caution: This Romantic Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Consensual   Heterosexual   Fiction   First   Oral Sex   Slow  

Arthur and Adam’s father sat in the front pew at Pastor Franklin’s church while Adam paced in front of it. “Getting cold feet?” his dad asked.

“No. Not at all. I just hate the hurry-up-and-wait. I do think it was genius to have Mom act as bridesmaid for both brides, and you as best man. I think it’ll make it just enough of a church wedding to satisfy Kara’s mom.”

“This place is important to her,” Arthur remarked.

“Yeah,” Adam replied, “it did give her comfort while you were away. I know Kara came here as a girl so it’s important to her sense of place and community, even though she’s relinquished her faith.”

“Your mom’s name is Gloria?” Arthur asked.

“Yes, that’s right.”

Two middle-aged men entered the church and approached them. Adam assumed one was Karl -- his face was a masculine version of Kara’s. “I hope this is the right place,” he said.

Adam approached him and extended his hand. “Karl Lawrence, I presume.”

“You presume correctly.”

“I’m Adam Gowan -- Kara’s betrothed. This is Arthur Gallagher, your step-father-to-be, and this is my Dad, Alan.”

“Pleased to meet you. This is my partner Jeffrey Long. I was wondering if I might have a word with my mother.”

“They’re in the prep room ... prepping. Follow me.” Karl and Jeffrey followed Adam to a closed door. He rapped on it and his mother poked her head through it.

“What is it?” she asked.

“Someone to see Constance ... and it’s not Arthur. Is everyone decent?”

“Of course. Come in.”

Karl stepped into the door and Jeffrey waited outside.

Adam returned to his spot in front of the pew. “I trust this will be a happy reunion for them,” he remarked.

“Constance wrote Karl a heartfelt letter,” Arthur replied. “She received an equally heartfelt reply. I know they’ve conversed by telephone since.”

Adam saw Karl emerge from the prep room daubing his face with a tissue. Jeffrey embraced him and patted his shoulder. His composure regained, Karl approached Arthur. “Thank you for your part in bringing us together,” he said.

“I hope you thanked your sister,” Arthur replied. “She was the one who insisted.”

“Oh, I did. You’ve all made me very happy. Where should I sit?”

“Anywhere,” Adam replied. “The service is for the immediate family. We’re not designating bride or groom sides of the aisle. We’re having a small reception at our place afterward. I hope you can attend.”

“We’ll be happy to.”

Karl and Jeffrey sat in a second-row pew. The pastor entered from his office. He rapped on the prep room door and Gloria stepped out to speak with him. Then, he took his place in front of the altar. Adam, Alan and Arthur stood before him facing the rear of the church.

The pastor signaled Gloria. She swung open the prep room door and Kara and Constance followed her to the end of the aisle. Gloria walked down the aisle and joined Alan. Then, the two brides strolled toward the altar.

Kara wore a white, two-piece skirt and sleeveless top. Pinned to the bodice was a corsage of three white roses, which matched the single rose Adam wore in his buttonhole. Constance wore a light green dress with long sleeves and her corsage was of peach roses.

Upon reaching the others, Kara stood with Adam and Constance with Arthur. They faced the pastor who offered a brief opening prayer.

“Under ordinary circumstances,” the pastor said, “I would deliver a sermon on the history of the institution of marriage and its importance to the church and community. Marriage is both a sacred and a secular institution. Today, we’re emphasizing the secular facet, so we will dispense with the sermon. I will say that I have met with Constance and Arthur, and with Kara and Adam. I counsel young folks entering into marriage and there are times I lay awake at night, worrying about their prospects. Both sets of bride and groom are mature adults, seasoned by life and with successful careers. Both sets exhibit deep love for each other, a love in both cases that I found strong enough to be palpable. They demonstrate it’s never too late for love and never too late for marriage. I will sleep easily tonight, sure that the bonds we forge today shall last unto eternity.” He turned to Arthur. “Arthur -- are you ready to recite your vows?”

“I am,” Arthur replied. Alan reached into his jacket pocket and handed over a ring. Arthur grasped Constance’s left hand and looked into her eyes. “Constance, my Polaris ... my love and my savior. I promise to love you and only you, to share my possessions, my love and my soul with you, in good times and bad, in illness and in health, in wealth and in poverty, until separated by death. I also promise never to travel abroad again, without you at my side. With this ring, I thee wed.” He slipped the ring onto her finger.

Gloria opened a box, removed a ring and handed it to Constance. “Arthur, I willingly and eagerly take you to be my husband. I will walk with you, sharing life and its experiences be they good or bad, easy or trying, in sickness and in health, until death parts us. With this ring, I thee wed.”

Alan reached into his other jacket pocket and handed a ring to his son. Adam turned it over in his fingers -- it was a simple, narrow, gold band. He took Kara’s hand and gazed into her eyes. “You look beautiful,” he said to her softly. “Kara Lawrence, you are the woman I love above all others. Please accept this ring as a seal on these vows. I will love you and only you, sharing with you my life, my love, my possessions, my successes and failures, good times and bad times, as equal partners, for all the days either of us have before us. With this ring, I take you as my wife.” He slid the ring onto her finger.

Gloria handed Kara another simple, slender gold band. She took Adam’s hand in hers. “Adam, my love, who taught me love and how to love. I accept your ring and offer you mine as a token of my promise to love you to the exclusion of all others, to share with you my life, my body, my worldly possessions, my joys and my troubles. What’s mine is now ours, for better or worse and in sickness and in health for as long as we both shall live. With this ring I take you as my husband.” She slid the ring onto his finger.

“Under the authority vested in me as an ordained minister,” the pastor said, “I pronounce you husbands and wives. Grooms -- you may kiss your bride.”

Adam embraced Kara and kissed her lips. He stroked a tear from her cheek. “Do you always cry at weddings?” he asked.

“Only this one,” she replied. “I’m so happy, Adam.” They kissed again.

“You have pledged your vows and sealed them by exchanging rings, before these witnesses. Go forth and lead fruitful, meaningful lives as husbands and wives, and may God bless you.”

Adam turned to Pastor Franklin. “Pastor,” he said, “this was exactly the sort of ceremony we wanted -- simple, small and meaningful. Thank you so much.”

“I second that,” Arthur added. “We would like to compensate you for your time today.”

“As Constance is a member of our congregation, compensation is neither necessary nor expected,” the pastor replied.

“How about a contribution to your church, then?”

“That is always welcome.”

Arthur removed his checkbook from his inside jacket pocket. He wrote out a check and handed it to the pastor. “This is most generous,” the pastor said.

“You and your church were a comfort to Constance in a difficult time. Please accept our contribution in appreciation of that, as well as for services rendered.”

“Thank you. There is one more duty to perform. I’ll sign the marriage licenses and take care of the necessary filings.”

Adam embraced Kara and they kissed again. “My head is swimming,” she said. “The emotions and joy are almost too much to process. A year ago I wouldn’t have anticipated these turns of events.”

“No one deserves this more than you, Kara,” he replied. “By the way, I have something of yours.” He reached into his pocket, retrieved her engagement ring and slid it onto her finger, stacking it above her wedding band. “Now, the look is complete.”

Kara held up her hand and admired the rings. “You’re not cross with me for keeping my maiden name, are you?”

“Not at all. You’re Kara Lawrence, Mrs Adam Gowan. Your mom is assuming Arthur’s surname?”

“Yes -- after all, Lawrence is her married name. Her maiden name is Smooters...”

“Smooters?”

Kara smiled. “That’s right. You can see why she opted to go with Lawrence. Now, she’ll be Constance Gallagher.” She waved toward her mother. “Mom! Let’s compare rings.” They held out their left hands.

“You always were drawn to gold,” her mother remarked.

“Is yours white gold?” Kara asked.

“Platinum,” Arthur answered.

“They’re gorgeous, Mom.”

“What are your plans, Arthur?” Adam asked.

“Well, for the time being, Constance and I will split our time between here and the City. I have an investment portfolio to manage, and even though I can do that from anywhere, I find the energy of the City keeps me focused. I’m sure once Constance gets accustomed to the pace, and discovers all that’s offered there, she’ll really start to blossom. By the way -- if you’re ever in the City and are looking for a place to stay, don’t hesitate. The town house has plenty of room, and it’s quite convenient to Manhattan.”

Adam’s parents approached them. “Congratulations, son,” his father said, extending his hand. “Kara, welcome to the family.”

“We truly are privileged to have you as our daughter-in-law,” his mother added, embracing Kara.

“I’m so happy to be part of Adam’s family,” Kara replied. “I love you all.”

“By the way,” Alan said, “I heard it from one of the local cops. Those remains you found were indeed identified as Ray Chambers.”

“How did they identify him?”

“I don’t know -- he didn’t say. With no suspects, it’s an open case.”

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.