Gifted: Book 1 - Silence
Chapter 7: Engaged

Copyright© 2016 by Kris Me

Fantasy Sex Story: Chapter 7: Engaged - Ty was wary of marriage having been through it once before. However, ever since a delectable you woman crashed into his life he found himself being draw into its clasp against his will. He had been gifted by the Old Gods with the Gift of Truth Seeking but had difficulty coming to the truth of his feelings for this woman.

Caution: This Fantasy Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Consensual   Romantic   NonConsensual   Rape   Fiction   High Fantasy   Incest   First   Safe Sex   Oral Sex   Masturbation   Slow  

Ty went to his apartment in the Palace.

The complex was massive, and his apartment was actually part of the King’s Wing. He had a lot to do. He showered, changed and went to the King’s private receiving room.

King Harold Whitmore IV was still considered a young man. He was only just in his forties and took care of his health. He wasn’t a tall or even a handsome man, but he certainly looked the part when wearing the robes of state. He did have charisma and people gravitated to him.

If he dressed in clothes that were more common, he could walk past people, and they would never guess he was the King. He had been known to use this to his advantage and used to dress like a waiter and circulate among visiting dignitaries when he was still a prince.

It had also been handy for visiting his mistress at the time. His people had learnt if they saw him so dressed, they were to pretend he wasn’t the prince or in later years the King. It often had his guards in a tizzy, but they had learnt how to follow and protect him discreetly.

Since Ty had been added to his personal Council, he didn’t do it as often anymore. Plus, he had been on the throne long enough, and there were sufficient images of him, that visiting dignitaries made sure that they knew exactly who the King was. They also made sure they knew exactly who Ty was as well.

The Kingdom of Ausland had been at peace with their neighbours for many decades. Harold had taken over the reins when he was thirty. His father had been a good ruler and encouraged science and commerce. He told Harold that people with jobs caused less trouble. Harold had been smart enough to follow in his father’s footsteps, and it had paid off.

He had married the daughter of his closest neighbour in the north-east, King Davul Snowden at his father’s request. Her sister married King Ronal Pirelli on his other border, being the kingdom of Sunland. He had respected his wife Vera, and she had produced two sons and a daughter for him, in that order.

He loved Sara, the woman who had been his mistress before the marriage and their two daughters. He once told Ty that he was glad Sara had daughters and not sons. Sara had been his mistress in his late teens to his early twenties, and he had not wanted to give her up. Sara had moved to the country, so she didn’t interfere with his marriage.

Vera had tolerated Sara’s existence. She also knew Harold would be displeased if anything happened to her or his daughters. Vera had died three years ago of a blood infection. It was only three months after the birth of their second daughter.

Many had urged the King to marry again. But so far, he had resisted. He had encouraged Sara to take him back, and he considered her his wife. She moved back but was happy to stay out of court life and still refused to marry him.

He didn’t push, she was his haven and he knew she was frightened of becoming the Queen, as much as she loved him. He also didn’t see a reason to marry again for the realm. He had an heir, a spare and a daughter to marry off when it was time.

King Ronal had a Niece that both men would be happy to see married to his oldest son when he was ready. It would keep their Kingdoms tied together. They both had similar values and beliefs, and a flourishing trade between their nations. So they were happy to maintain the status quo.

Harold looked up from the papers he was reading when Ty was announced. He rose and smiled at the younger man. He knew he couldn’t hold Ty forever, but did plan to keep him close. He had noticed his even greater reluctance to be involved in politics of late.

“My King,” Ty said and bowed.

The King waited until he straightened, and then he hugged him. “I thought you were going for a holiday? You look buggered,” the King said displeased as he indicated a seat for him.

Ty sank into the chair. “It started out okay, but we had a run in with some men who killed Baron Terrell and his wife. We had to rescue their daughter. I still don’t know who is behind what was happening. I believe that they were trying to take over his estate and control the growing of nadack.”

Ty looked up at his King, “Hmm ... Harold, I’m engaged to the daughter, Willow. I had to buy her debt and well hmm, I ended up with her as well. She is also my ward.”

Harold looked at him surprised. Ty had so far resisted any suggestion of him remarrying. “So when do I get to meet this woman who has bought the mighty Duke Arrondale to heel?”

“We need to harvest soon, and I need to spend some time sorting out her affairs. I was hoping you would release me for a month. I will bring her to court for the Winter Season as she has to bring her crops here.”

“I believe you have visitors coming around that time, we should be back to assist you. I also need to follow up the other investigation. I don’t believe the culprit will be happy when he learns that Willow is still the legal owner of the estate.”

Harold sat and thought. Many members of the Court were on their estates busy with their harvests. The city was quiet, and he could manage without Ty. Plus he wanted to know who was responsible for killing one of his Barons. He couldn’t let such an action go unpunished.

He had enough problems in that region as it was. He had been expecting to meet with Baron Terrell on other business, now it seemed he would need to meet with his daughter. “You will bring her back for the Winter Season,” he stated sternly.

Ty grinned at him. The King still tried to bluster, but he knew Harold would not be happy with what had transpired and would let him go. “Yes Sire,” he agreed more seriously.

Harold sighed, “Go and find out who killed my Baron. The whingers will be happy to know you are on the case of why the nadack supplies are low. So I’m content to let you continue your search for truth.”

“Thank you, Harold,” Ty said.

Harold harrumphed. He liked it when Ty used his name. “I will just have to wait to see this Beauty. I’ve not seen my old friend’s daughter for many years. She is beautiful isn’t she?”

Ty grinned. “I think so,” he said in a non-committed voice.

“Oh dear, I do believe you are smitten, Ty. And here I was thinking you were just looking for a way to escape my clutches,” Harold said waggling his eyebrows at Ty, as he grinned as well.

Ty would have been stupid if he hadn’t realised Harold had noticed his dissatisfaction of late. He didn’t deny either part of the statement. He was always as honest with Harold as he could be.

He wasn’t unhappy to return to Willow either. He was surprised to find he missed her. He was uncertain as to how their relationship was to continue. He very much wished to return to her bed, but he worried she would expect more than he was willing to offer.

He wanted to give her a chance of finding a better partner than him. His luck with women wasn’t that great. He didn’t think he could go through another loveless marriage.

Many men these days were not so worried about the loss of a girl’s virginity. Willow’s estate alone would make her highly desirable. As long, as she didn’t have any bastards and stayed faithful. Many men had also worked out that a woman who was happy to learn if they were sexuality compatible made for a happier wife if they also wanted them in their bed.

The King had decreed that since many of the men looking for a wife had been responsible for the loss of some other young woman’s virginity, it was hypocritical to hold women to a different standard.

Harold had even put into law that the loss of virginity before the marriage could not be used as a reason to stop the marriage or force anyone to marry. He had been canny enough not to name one sex but left the law open to them both.

An interesting side effect was that there had been fewer women abducted by force to make them marry and even some men had been able to escape the clutches of a female trying to entrap them into marriage. So most in society had decided it was a fair law and both sexes could see its advantages.

Some parents were worried their daughters would turn into floozies, but the unwritten rule was that no one would make an issue of it if they remained discrete. Rumours of who slept with whom could still hurt. The old matrons had long memories.

Ty pushed Willow to the back of his mind as he told Harold about the ambush and his prisoners. Harold suggested that they were shifted to one of the high-security cells, which were used when officials or members of the Upper Class were restrained.

His own guards monitored those cells. Ty liked this idea. It might help loosen Paul’s tongue more if he felt safe. He wasn’t sure that he’d learn much more from his other prisoner. He had only been hired by Rat for the ambush.

Ty finally got back to his rooms to find Vincent and Hugh his personal servant, busy going over what Vincent needed for new clothes. Hawk-eyed Hugh had also noticed the lad was outgrowing his old clothes.

Hugh had his new measurements and was very pleased with himself. He had made a rough guess and ordered several new sets of clothes in the young master’s favourite colours and styles. Vincent was standing in one of the sets of clothes, and he was delighted with it.

He would require more for the season, but at least he had enough to cover him until he finished at the Academy for the year. He only had about five weeks of study left to complete his lower education. After the Winter Season, he would return to start his Law Degree. He was looking forward to both.

Since being in the grove, his decision to study law had felt right. He still wasn’t sure what his Gift was, but he felt he had received one. He was still bookish, but Ty had encouraged him to go camping with them in the last five years. Vincent was surprised to find he enjoyed interacting with nature and learning about himself under Ty and Hugh’s guidance.

Both men were surprised at his proficiency with the new guns. His tracking skills still needed a little work, but he was excellent at puzzling out sequences of events. He had also joined the Show Jumping Club as his regular exercise and handled a horse expertly.

Vincent had already told Hugh about having killed several men in the last week. Hugh had talked him through how he felt about it and Vincent was happy that he could do it if he had to, but he hadn’t enjoyed it.

Hugh was also satisfied with his assessment. He was a good boy, and Hugh had taken on the role of the father in his life while Ty was the big brother. Hugh thought they had done a good job with him so far. He wasn’t the shy frightened boy he got to raise five years before. Hugh insisted he was just a servant, but both boys treated him more like a tolerant father, and he loved them both.

Hugh was most interested in the young woman who had snared Ty. He would be going with Ty when he left. He also suggested to Ty that they take Bethany as well. The latest nanny had left, and unless he wished to interview for a new one, she might as well be with them.

Hugh told him he would be responsible for her, but he felt Ty wasn’t spending enough time with her. Ty thought about it and agreed. Willow knew about her, and it would be good for Bethany. Ty also suspected Grace would be able to keep her in line.

It was a busy three days getting organised for their trip. Bethany was excited to be going with her father and Hugh.

Vincent had headed back to the Academy on the second day.


Finally, the little party had set out.

Taking the carriage would make the trip longer, but Bethany was too young to ride the full distance. Hugh said he wasn’t getting any younger either and he didn’t enjoy spending long hours in the saddle anymore.

The trip back to Willow’s relatively sedated. Ty would let Bethany sit on the saddle with him a couple of times each day, and she loved being on the horse. He might have to think about a pony for her. It might help work off her energy. She sure made them all tied.

They arrive in the early afternoon on the third day. There were already workers in the fields, and they arrived in time to see them coming in with the harvest. At least half the fields were reduced to little clumps of stalks about ten centimetres long.

Willow had indicated that they would be collecting the leaf, so she had elected to prune and not just pick the pods. Willow also believed the plants came back stronger in the next season if they were pruned in this fashion, especially if the winter was a cold one.

In many ways, pruning was easier. They could drop all the branches into baskets and put them in the sorting shed. They could then strip them indoors out of the weather. It was already frosting lightly in the mornings, and winter wasn’t far off.

Ty had sent one of his hired guards ahead to inform Willow that they were coming. He was a little surprised by how excited he felt when the manor came into view. He had Bethany on the saddle and decided to ride ahead.

Bethany had no fear, and the faster he went, the happier she was. She was a natural on a horse. She moved instinctively with the animal and Ty had been enjoying her company. She had a million questions, but she at least let you answer one before hitting you with the next one.

 
There is more of this chapter...
The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.