Legacy of a Legend - Cover

Legacy of a Legend

Copyright© 2016 by StarFleet Carl

Chapter 72

Fan Fiction Story: Chapter 72 - Follow Martina Grize', the Dragonborn, from her entry into the realm of Skyrim, as she discovers her destiny, and eventually ... well, you'll see. I classify this as fan fiction of the Bethesda game, The Elder Scrolls V, Skyrim. There is explicit sex, but not of the stroke story variety. Disclaimer - I don't own TESV, I just play there. So the land is theirs, the choices made are mine. Note: The rape code was added due to what had happened in the past, and is discussed but not shown.

Caution: This Fan Fiction Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Fa/Fa   Fa/ft   Consensual   Rape   Romantic   Lesbian   BiSexual   Heterosexual   Fan Fiction   High Fantasy   War   Paranormal   Vampires   Were animal   Zombies   Incest   Mother   Daughter   Group Sex   Orgy   Masturbation   Sex Toys   Nudism   Politics   Royalty   Violence  

My head was resting on Serana’s lap, her hands brushing through my hair. I looked up into the face of my wife and asked, “I take it we won?”

Her cheeks were dirty, with tracks showing in the dirt from the tears she had shed while tending to me. “Barely, my love, barely.”

I could tell from the glow in the room that we were still underground. It seemed brighter than before, but that was probably because my eyes were more adjusted. The central glow from the Welkynd stones was much dimmer. I tried to raise my head and felt Serana pushing me back down.

“Just rest some more. You were hurt, badly. We were able to get a potion down you while you slept, so some of your aches are gone. But we’ll still need a major healing if we get back to the surface.”

“If? What do you mean, what happened?”

From the ground next to me, I heard Lydia say, “What she means is that the shaft we came down to get here isn’t there anymore.”

I turned my head, wincing at the pain the movement caused me. Lydia was laying on a bedroll, out of her armor, with poultices and bloody bandages covering part of her arm, shoulder, and head. “Oh, my. That looks...” I said.

“It looks worse than it is. The healing potions we have still work, they’re just not as effective as they should be. Hakon says it’s part of the magic from those stones, twisting reality here.”

“Hakon is still here? I ... I thought that he’d return to Sovngarde already.”

“No. He said that until he is slain in combat, or you dismiss him, he is here to serve the Dragonborn. He didn’t sound that upset about it, said it’ll give him even more things to talk about in Shor’s Hall.”

“Well, now that I’m awake, how about one of those potions? I ... my arm does not feel very good, and there’s a tightness in my chest.”

Erandur heard me talking and came over. “You should have tightness there. You’ve several broken ribs. I’ve wrapped them, and your arm is splinted for now as well. These ... these damned stones. Here, drink this, and let’s see if it helps you.”

He held a potion to my lips. I could tell that it was one that should have healed major injuries, almost to the point of regeneration. It tasted just like it should. But instead of feeling my ribs knit back together, I simply felt the pain lessen. I could move my fingers now, but there was still no strength in the arm.

“That’s what I was afraid of. We’ve already seen that with Lydia and the others. You were involved in the combat, so you didn’t see. Once the Altmer were defeated, I saw the liches and zombies coming towards your group. I prayed to Mara and started casting spells to thwart them, None of my spells would work on them, even with Mara giving me assistance! When Lydia fell, I was able to cast a healing spell upon her, but it barely worked. It felt like only a small fraction of the power of the spell came through. Thank Mara that was enough. As it was, I used more than half my potions on her, just to counter the effects of the zombie strikes.”

I tried to rise. The pain that shot through my chest was like an intense fire. I gasped with the pain.

“Lay down, Martina, and just rest!”

It hurt to breathe. “Oh ... yes, dear.” I coughed into my hand. “Well, that’s fortunate. It’s not bloody, so I don’t have a punctured lung. I’ll just ... lay here for a bit. What’s our status, then?”

Erandur smiled grimly. “Well, I’m going to pour these three potions down your throat, and hope they actually work. What we’ve seen is that they ought to, and hopefully this will be enough so you can walk unaided.”

“I can handle that. What I meant is what else is going on? Lydia, you said the shaft isn’t there. What did you mean by that?”

“Jordris said that not only did the scaffolding all collapse, the undercroft of the church basically caved into the shaft as well. From her description, I don’t think we’ve any hope of getting through the debris and climbing back out. Not like we’re in much shape for climbing as is. We do have enough food and water for at least two weeks, though, and more if we go on short rations.”

“If we can’t find a way out of here before then, I’ll use the portal spell and get us all back to the Luxury Suite ... presuming it works.” I turned my head the other way and saw a covered body. I tried to move again, hissing with the pain.

“Lay back down. I told you to drink these potions first.” Erandur saw where I was looking. “Oh, sorry. There’s nothing you can do, nothing any of us could do. One of the ice spikes managed to hit him right in the neck, just above his armor and off his gorget.”

“It’s still my fault, my responsibility.”

Lydia snorted. “Hector knew what he was doing when he joined the Blades. You’re our Thane, our Queen, our Empress. There’s not a one of us down here who wouldn’t do the same for you. Our job is, if needed, to give our life to protect yours. Your job, and you do a magnificent job of it, is to make sure that if we have to do so, that it’s done for the right reasons.”

Fasendil came limping up. “This was definitely the right reason, too. I’ve reviewed the notes I’ve found. You’ll pardon the language, but this was too fucking close. Those Thalmor bastards were only hours away from killing every person not of elven blood in all of Cyrodiil.”

A deep voice that I had only briefly heard before said, “Hail, Dragonborn! Your worthy soldier speaks the truth. I have not seen such evil in this world since the days of Alduin. These remnants from Umaril the Unfeathered are capable of unspeakable horror.”

“Greetings again, Hakon. Give me a moment to drink these potions, please.” I took them from Erandur and drank them one after another. With each potion, the pain in my chest lessened. With the final one, I felt a small portion of my arm strength return.

“So, that’s, what, five potions you’ve given me so far, that haven’t fully done what one should have done?”

Erandur looked grim. “Correct, Your Majesty. As your personal companions, we all carry more than usual, and these are all potions you made, so we know how effective they are ... or should be. As it was, it literally took all of her potions just to get Lydia back to where you see her now.”

“Please, help me sit up. I think I can do that now.” Serana and Erandur helped me sit up, then Serana pulled a pack over so I could lean back against it. There was still a bit of pain, but nothing like what I’d felt before from trying to move. “How long?”

“You’ve been unconscious for about four hours. I made Erandur work on Lydia first, as she was the most seriously injured of everyone surviving. Jordris received a few cuts, and Frea somehow or other was completely uninjured. Fasendil took some pieces of stone in his arms and legs, which we’ve gotten out. Irileth and Sapphire just have a few bruises and small cuts. Once we learned how ineffective our potions were, we didn’t bother treating anything minor.”

“What about you and Erandur?”

“I’m fine. Thank the gods you had that armor made for me, though. A fireball exploding in my face isn’t something I particularly enjoy.”

I glanced at Erandur. “The Lady Mara provided shielding for me. And no, I don’t know why she couldn’t help the rest of us. This area ... these stones. What was it you said, Hakon? Something about twisting reality?”

“Aye, Priest of Mara. Feldir was the one who used the Elder Scroll against Alduin, that created the time wound and sent him from our time to yours. That feeling ... that was nothing like what I get from these stones. I am glad that Feldir destroyed the middle stone. If he had not ... I shudder to think of the consequences.”

“He and Gormlaith did return to Sovngarde, right? And why are you still here? I had summoned Gormlaith before, and she didn’t stay that long.”

“Ah, Dragonborn, you know the shout, but you don’t know the wisdom about using the shout. We are here to fight for you until we are slain here, then we shall return to Shor’s Hall to drink and eat until called forth again. When you summoned Gormlaith the first time, you also told her that her time with you was done. That released her to return. I shall remain here until either I am slain, or you release me. This battle has already given me much to talk about in Shor’s Hall when I return. And ... if it is of any comfort to you ... I shall greet your man Hector as my brother there.”

“Well, don’t plan on going anywhere for a while. I think we need the help.”

“Aye, Dragonborn, my axe is ready for your enemies to feel its bite.”

Irileth came walking up, her arms full. “Ah, it’s good to see you’re awake and alert. I’ve seen soldiers take blows to the head like that before and never recover. We’ve gathered all of the useful supplies from the Altmer as well as everything we could from the undead. We have magic that works now. These staves seem to be unaffected by the magic down here. I’ve tested them, even close to the Welkynd stones, and they function fine. I don’t think we have many soul gems to recharge them if need be, but ... and this is odd, but they don’t act like they used any charges at all.”

I looked at Serana. “That reminds me of something from our past. What about you, where have we seen living crystals?”

Her brow furled. “I can only think of one place. The Ideal Masters in the Soul Cairn?”

I nodded. “Exactly. Which also means that you cannot help me with this, my love.”

“Why? I went into the Soul Cairn with you.”

“But you’re not an undead vampire now, are you?” She stopped, stunned at that thought. “Come on, help me get to my feet. That Altmer Sergeant said that some undead will find their way here at times. That means there must be another door out of here.”

Lydia said, “Well, yes. Sapphire already found it. She and Frea are guarding it, so we don’t get jumped without warning.”

I winced as Hakon helped me stand again. “Thank you ... I think.” I looked at Lydia. “Can you walk?”

“I think so. I’m not going to be any good in a fight, though.”

“You can use a staff or two. Irileth, you’ve what, a dozen of them? Give ... three to Lydia, three to Erandur, four to Serana. I’ll take the other two. Fasendil, take Hector’s arms and armor. Irileth, take Lydia’s bow. It’s better than the one you have. I want all of you ready to leave in about ten minutes.”

Serana looked unhappy. “I understand exactly what you said. You’re staying here.”

“I want all of you out of here and into whatever next chamber there is. Hakon will remain here with me.” I stretched a bit. “If this is what I fear it is, it cannot be allowed to remain on this plane. And I have spells that will allow me to return to High Reach or the Luxury Suite should I need them. For that matter, Lydia, didn’t Mirabelle teach you the spell to reach the College at Winterhold?”

“She did, but I don’t have enough power to cast it. Not without help, and I don’t have any potions that can do that.”

Serana said, “I do. Very well, my heroine. We will go into the next chamber. Sapphire said that there is a corridor that travels several hundred yards through the doorway with a small and empty room at the other end of it. She didn’t fully explore it. We’ll wait for you there.”

Jordris came down from where she’d still been exploring the upper walkway around the room. “I cannot go with them, my Thane. I am your sword and shield.”

“You are that, my sweet housecarl of Solitude. But you are fully mortal and human. If this links to the Soul Cairn, you cannot survive there at all. Hakon is ... well, already dead. And I have visited the Soul Cairn before, so it is linked with me. We cannot do a partial soul trap upon you. You are sworn to serve me, just as Lydia is. Serve me now. Guard my wife and the Empress Consort of Tamriel.”

Her eyes were bright with unshed tears. “As you command, my ... Martina.”

Lydia said, “Exactly right, Jordris. I feel the same way. Martina, give us ... half an hour to get to the other room. Neither Fasendil or I are going to move at anything vaguely resembling a regular gait. May the Nine watch over you.”

Everyone gathered their things up. Serana came over to me. “Promise!”

“I promise I will love you for all my life. You and my sister-wives have truly been the blessings of the gods to me.”

She took me in her arms, giving me a hug. I could feel her tears as I held her as tight as I dared. “Your child needs both her parents growing up. Come home to us.”

“I have no desire to spend the amount of time your mother did in the Soul Cairn, if that’s where this leads. Go on. I’ll be fine.”

I stood with Hakon silently standing nearby while they finished up and headed out. The door closed behind them. I silently counted to twenty, just in case they came back, then whispered to Hakon, “Come here and help me, would you?”

“I’ve seen injuries like yours before. You’re not healed, are you?”

“Not in the least. And if potions don’t work well, then I do have a spell that I’d like to try. Help me get as far from these stones as we can.”

He put his arm under mine and helped me limp to a far corner. I cast Close Wounds upon myself. “Now we wait while my magic regenerates and I cast it again and again. I need both arms.” He nodded in understanding.

We waited a few minutes and I felt I could cast it again. I did so. “For what it’s worth, my magic is coming back at about half the normal rate of what it should.” Thrice more I cast the spell, and finally I did feel that my arm was improved. “Help me get my shield on it, please. This is an insidious trap here. People who rely on magic or potions for healing during combat would find themselves on the losing end of things.”

“Dragonborn ... I have gained much honor which what I have done so far in helping you. Should I fall ... do not hesitate to call upon Gormlaith or Feldir. With their return to Shor’s Hall, they will be ready and eager to help you again.”

“This is an odd area. I’ve never seen anything that can affect a Dragon Shout like this has. Now that they’re far enough away, let us examine these stones.”

“What do you suspect?”

“Let us look together and discuss what we find.”

We approached the stones. The light from them was nearly blinding, we were so close. Hakon removed his gauntlet and touched one. “They give off no heat. I ... this is odd, Dragonborn. I feel like the stone is trying to move from my touch.”

“Can you pick it up, out of the holder it is in?”

“I believe ... yes, I can. It’s heavy.”

“Put it here, in the center of the floor. Now, get the others and bring them closer.”

“Are you sure that’s a good idea?”

“No, but with the destruction of the center stone, the one that was red, I think these may work a bit differently.”

“Yes, I watched Feldir do that. He’s the smartest of us, he must have seen something.”

I waited while Hakon moved the rest of them. Not only was their combined light even brighter, the stones also began emitting a humming noise. “Dragonborn, I’m not sure about this.”

“Be ready. I’m going to try something. GAAN LAH HAAS!” I knew that was the right shout immediately. It worked to full effect, and I could see and feel the power of the stones being drained from them. The stones began trying to throw off lightning bolts. I had kept two staffs. One of them was a staff of magic absorption. It drew their bolts to it, Hakon moved in front of me to block any other physical attack.

If I hadn’t had my gift of shouts, they might have been able to recover. But as soon as I knew it was working, I repeated the shout again and again and again. The effects didn’t add like I expected, they multiplied. Even a legendary dragon would have only survived a quarter of a minute under this assault. Two of the stones lasted a few seconds longer than that, going dark as their forces were drained. One of them tried to do something, but I have no idea what. I saw Hakon raise his shield, then bring his sword down. The stone cracked open, then all of it’s life force went into Hakon, sending him back to Sovngarde.

The last stone was still glowing, but much weaker than before. Before I could shout again, I heard it speak. “Wait! You know not the power you are dealing with, mortal!”

“Really? What power do you have?”

“We heard you speak before to your mate. You are correct. We are ... we were ... the Ideal Masters. I am the only one remaining. You ... you are the one who defeated our guardians in the Soul Cairn. We should have bargained with you then. I would do so now.”

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.