Legacy of a Legend - Cover

Legacy of a Legend

Copyright© 2016 by StarFleet Carl

Chapter 41

Fan Fiction Story: Chapter 41 - Follow Martina Grize', the Dragonborn, from her entry into the realm of Skyrim, as she discovers her destiny, and eventually ... well, you'll see. I classify this as fan fiction of the Bethesda game, The Elder Scrolls V, Skyrim. There is explicit sex, but not of the stroke story variety. Disclaimer - I don't own TESV, I just play there. So the land is theirs, the choices made are mine. Note: The rape code was added due to what had happened in the past, and is discussed but not shown.

Caution: This Fan Fiction Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Fa/Fa   Fa/ft   Consensual   Rape   Romantic   Lesbian   BiSexual   Heterosexual   Fan Fiction   High Fantasy   War   Paranormal   Vampires   Were animal   Zombies   Incest   Mother   Daughter   Group Sex   Orgy   Masturbation   Sex Toys   Nudism   Politics   Royalty   Violence  

After descending the stairway into the Soul Cairn, Serana and I rode double on Arvak to where we’d last seen her mother. Valerica was relieved to find out that Harkon was dead. Since it wasn’t possible for all of us to ride Arvak back to the entrance, we simply walked. A couple of bonemen tried to interfere, and found out quickly why that was a bad idea. Two female vampire mages blasted them to bits.

The three of us climbed the stairway to find everyone busily at work cleaning. Lydia met us at the top of the stairs. “Welcome home to Skyrim, Lady Valerica. Our Thane hasn’t been gone that long for us to do more than simply sweep and dust in here.”

“Thank you. I imagine that there was a bit after ... how many years?”

“If you went in there just after Serana was put in Dimhollow Crypt, then about thirty centuries. We were actually surprised it wasn’t dustier or dirtier in here and that so many things are well preserved.”

“Yes, well, I am a bit of an expert on the arts of necromancy. There were certain spells that I was able to create to help preserve things.”

“Thank you, Lydia. Valerica, do you want to come with us, to our home?”

“Even after all this, you would welcome me into your home? A vampire?”

“In case you hadn’t noticed, Mother, she’s welcomed me into her home ... and bed ... already. And ... there are benefits. More ... time like you shared before, for one.”

Valerica sighed. “Thank you, Serana. And thank you, Martina. If the invitation will remain open ... perhaps later. I ... would like to spend some time here now. This is familiar to me.”

“I understand. To get back into the castle proper, if you choose to do so, you’ll have to go back around the outside, through the undercroft. Your ... well, Harkon ... had the old passage blocked off. Having said that ... there was a major battle fought there, and there is a lot of clean-up to do.”

“I’ll consider it my penance for what I put Serana through. Also know that you are all welcome here as well, at any time. Thank you for what you’ve done, for both of us.”

Serana went to give her mother a hug goodbye. Valerica jerked back when they touched. “Oh, I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to startle you, my daughter. It’s just ... you ... you feel warm, not like...”

Serana grinned. “I told you there were benefits, Mother. Perhaps when you come visit, we’ll discuss those ... further.”

Valerica looked at me with new understanding in her eyes. “Yes, we shall. For now, if it means anything to you from me, go with my love.”

We left her, heading back to the Luxury Suite to regroup. When we arrived, Elise saw us and greeted me. “My liege, it appears you have been successful in your endeavor. The reports of vampire attacks have fallen to nearly nothing.”

“Yes, we were.” I sat down heavily in a chair. “Elise, I am tired. I know that you all want, nay, deserve, a party of congratulations upon our success. Right now I want nothing more than a hot bath, a warm meal, some wine, and a lot of sleep. Do you think you can arrange that?”

“Of course. I am your steward, after all. Would you like a companion or two, or would you prefer to simply have someone to snuggle with?”

“I think snuggle. Perhaps Leah?”

“Certainly.” Everyone left me alone otherwise. I could see their eyes glancing at me as the evening progressed, while I bathed and ate, then sat in my chair with a bottle of wine and a cup. After a while, I waved Elise over.

“Tell everyone to please, go ahead, have a party tonight. I have much on my mind, and I need to think. That’s the only reason I’m being this way. I’m not upset at our victory, on the contrary, I’m incredibly happy. It’s just ... I need to plan now, okay?”

She smiled in relief. “Ah, you have no idea how relieving that is to hear. After your injury before, we were concerned.”

Leah came up behind me, and started massaging my shoulders. I sighed and gave a slight moan as the tension started to leave me. “Come, Martina, let us go up to your bed. They’ll keep it down, down here, perhaps confine themselves to outside for the loud things. I want to give you a back rub and massage, you’re too tense.”

I finished drinking the remnants of the wine and stood up. “That is a damned good idea, Leah. Lead the way.” I remember her helping me up the stairs to the bed, helping me remove my clothes, and getting out the oils and rubs. She started working on my back, my neck, shoulders, waist. The feeling was incredibly relaxing.

When she rolled me onto my back so she could work on my front, I was only half awake. She did my arms, chest muscles, and then moved to my legs. I knew what was going to happen next, as she started working on my nipples and then on my slit. I was just too relaxed to mind, and the release she brought to me after she had used her fingers on my nubbin sent me instantly asleep. I woke once during the night, simply to shift position. She was curled up behind me, blankets keeping us warm through the night. I fell back to sleep, like a babe in her mother’s arms.

It was mid morning before I woke up. When I opened my eyes, I saw that Leah was propped up on one elbow, watching me. “Good morning, Leah. Why is it so quiet in here?”

“We were letting you sleep as long as you wanted. You seemed exhausted. If you need it, the chamber pot is ready, and there is a light meal for you on your end table. The ... well, everyone else is or will be, outside, when you’re ready.”

With that she got up, leaving me alone. That was strange. I did feel the pressure from the drink, though, and squatted over the pot, relieving myself. I slipped some clothes on, ate some bread and cheese, then headed downstairs and out onto the back porch. I hadn’t paid much attention to how many people that were actually living here, but there were more than two dozen gathered. They all turned and looked at me when I came walking out.

Lydia was sitting in a chair discussing something with Jordris, but she stopped talking when she saw me exit the Suite. She stood up and looked at me expectantly as I walked over, then bowed her head to me before I spoke.

“Okay, what is going on here? I’d like an explanation.”

“Your will, my Queen.”

“Excuse me, Lydia? I know we’ve talked about that before, but why ... where did that come from all of a sudden?”

“I’m afraid that she got it from me, your Majesty.” The voice seemed to come from nowhere, then a man appeared from the shadows of the porch.

“Surgus! So it appears that others can see you now. What have you been telling my friends and companions?”

“You mean those who have already recognized themselves as your subjects? Yes, you can have them as friends and companions as well, but ... could we perhaps sit down for a bit? This is going to take some explaining on my part.”

“We’ll have more food and refreshment brought to patio, my Queen.” Jordris got up and hurried inside, with Elise running after her. Surgus walked to the table and held a chair for me to sit in. Once I was seated, he took a seat across from me, while Serana and Lydia sat on either side of me. Elise and Jordris came out the back doors with food and drink that they placed on the table, then Elise also took a seat at the table. Everyone else that was resident in the Suite took seats either on the edge of one of the pools or on other chairs so they could listen.

“You have done well for yourself, Martina Grize’. The amount of power you wield now, both magical and mundane, is incredibly impressive. I told you at one time that if you, if we, survived, I would assist you. Neither you nor Skyrim are ready yet for you to pursue the ultimate goal. And there will be a time when you must pursue certain things by yourself. You’ll know when and what those are, if you don’t already, which I suspect you do.”

He filled a flagon with mead, and drank deeply of it. I drank some milk to help with the churning I felt in my stomach. “Ah, the one good thing about Maven Black-Briar, her meadery. Apologies, I digress. We ... the Psijic Order ... had set goals for you, without your knowledge, of certain ... things ... that you would need to accomplish, to be blunt, to be found worthy of our help. Some in our order felt that it would take you years, if ever, before you accomplished even a tenth of them. Others felt that you would die first.”

“As I had said before, we see the possible threads of living beings, of possible futures. Perhaps you would consider us the ultimate seers of prophecy, but our problem is ... well, I was not listening but I know what you told Serana. Free choice. At any time you could have done things differently. The recent crisis in Solitude is a perfect example. You could have allowed Elisif to perish. Instead, you ... performed magnificently. You exhibited leadership, courage, valor ... all things a warrior should have. But you also have shown restraint, humility, and most of all, you have shown yourself to be the voice of the people of Skyrim.”

“The minor detail that you managed to wed Elisif while also recognizing that there is a battle between Daedric Lords being fought through proxies here on Tamriel is simply more proof of your worthiness.” He gestured towards Serana. “None of the threads foresaw that even devout followers of Molag Bal would instead become your followers. Or for that matter, that you would end up defeating the Ideal Masters in their own realm. I suspect that, barring some natural disaster that none of us could foresee, that there is nothing you cannot or will not eventually accomplish.”

I slammed my cup down. “That’s all well and good, Surgus. You’ve talked and talked, and haven’t said a damn thing I don’t already know. I don’t need a recitation of what I’ve done, I’ve lived it.” I pointed around. “Lydia has seen almost all of it with me. So have Annekke, and Argis. Elise gave up her home to come here to support me, as did everyone else here. Eventually is also a problem. How many people have to die before things are resolved? So while it’s all well and good to talk, I’d sort of appreciate it if you’d manage to get to the point.”

He smiled. “Thank you. That just won me a small bet with the Loremaster. We had a disagreement about how you would respond. In any event ... I have something for you.” He reached down to a pack that appeared by his chair. “You don’t have to wear it all the time, of course, but I would think it appropriate if you did so now.”

Surgus set a heavy helmet on the table. It was of ebony and dragon bone, with the teeth and jaw of a dragon fitted in to frame the face. I looked at it in puzzlement. Lydia and many of the Nords immediately recognized it. “By the gods, you have that? Then there is no doubt as to her legitimacy now.”

Leah began chanting bardic verse. “Maw unleashing razor snow, Of dragons from the blue brought down, Births the walking winter’s woe, the High King in his Jagged Crown.” She got up from her seat and walked closer. “As a bard, I know the verse, of course. The crown that was lost with the death of King Borgas.”

Serana exclaimed, “Divines bless us all. I remember that. The War of Succession was one of the reasons my father ... did what he did.”

“Exactly, Lady Serana. Since she has resolved the final confrontation with Lord Harkon, it is fitting that she have this.” I still looked a little puzzled. “This is the symbol of office for the High King, or Queen, of Skyrim. You know how I mentioned we set goals for you? This is your reward.”

He stood up, picked up the Jagged Crown, and set it on my head. “Congratulations, Martina Grize’, High Queen of Skyrim.”

Everyone standing got on their knees before me, including Surgus. I wasn’t expecting this at all. I could see two people in the back that didn’t live here doing the same, Irileth and Jarl Balgruuf.

“Um, Surgus, I’m not saying I didn’t plan on having this as my goal, or one of my goals anyway, but ... isn’t, or shouldn’t there be, a bit more discussion about this?”

He smiled. “I completely understand your concern. However...” He stood up, and motioned to Jarl Balgruuf, who came rose and came forward. “Jarl Balgruuf, I am Surgus the Black, with and of the Order of the Psijic Monks. I ask you this in my capacity an an official representative of our Order. Do you, as Jarl of Whiterun, recognize Martina Grize’ as the rightful High Queen of Skyrim?”

He stood before me for what seemed an eternity, looking into my eyes. I kept my heart calm, my gaze steady, in return. Neither of us blinked, and then suddenly he did blink, and began speaking, while still looking at me.

“I am Balgruuf the Greater, Jarl of Whiterun, descended myself from the line of Kings of Skyrim. Torygg was High King of Skyrim, and upon his death the office became vacant. There are two obvious choices for his crown amongst the Jarls. Elisif as the widow and now Jarl of Solitude and Ulfric of Windhelm. The Jarls have been split, as has Skyrim, by this Civil War. Whiterun has chosen neither side.”

He turned, looked at all the faces watching him from my friends and companions. “Until now.”

Turning back to me, he continued. “Tiber Septim was never High King of Skyrim, yet he was a just Emperor of all Tamriel. Before me sits a woman who is descended from him. Before me sits a woman who is Dragonborn, Dovahkiin, undisputed mistress of the Way of the Voice. Before me sits a woman who has saved Skyrim and all Tamriel from Alduin the World Eater, saved Skyrim and all Tamriel from destruction by a plot of the Daedric Lord Molag Bal, saved the very life of one who could be her enemy, Jarl Elisif of Solitude, and even married her, becoming the Jarl Consort of Solitude and thus also entering the ranks of rulers of Skyrim.”

“And I count my own life as one she has saved directly, from both the dragons and the vampires.” He paused for a moment, taking a mug of mead and drinking deeply from it before setting it back down. “Individually, these are the actions of a heroine. Together, these are the actions of a ruler. One I am glad to count as my friend.”

He went to one knee before me. “Whiterun now publicly chooses and sides with the true and rightful High Queen of Skyrim, wearer of the Jagged Crown as given to her by the traditional advisors to the rulers of Tamriel as a sign of their faith in her, Martina Grize’.” He bent his head forward. “Your Majesty, I pledge my fealty unto you.”

I almost felt like I was in a dream. I stood up from my chair. As I did so, Surgus put a robe over my shoulders. I realized from the cut and embroidery that this was a royal robe. I took a step forward and put my hand out, for Balgruuf to take. He did. “We accept your fealty, Jarl Balgruuf, as the chosen High Queen of Skyrim. Arise and stand by our side as a trusted advisor and friend.”

Balgruuf took my hand and stood. He couldn’t quite disguise the grin he had on his face. “I knew there was something special about you when we first met, my Queen. I just didn’t know what it was then.” He motioned to Irileth. I looked at her with puzzlement on my face. She pulled a horn from her pack, put it to her lips, and blew it loudly.

From the far side of the Suite, out of sight from where we were sitting, I heard answering horns. All of the city guard came marching around the end of the house, to the plain behind us, with the flag of Whiterun held before them. They ended up in formation behind us. “As I said, Whiterun publicly sides with High Queen Martina Grize’. To that end...” Balgruuf held out his hand, pointing to his troops. “ The city guard are pledged to your service. Should you need them as soldiers in your cause, you simply have to call and they shall respond.”

From the field, I heard a resounding cheer coming from the guard, led by Commander Caius. “Word of this is going to get back to Ulfric, you know,” I said.

“Quite frankly, my Queen, I don’t give a shit. I never liked him before, and I still don’t. Realistically the only one I worry about is General Tullius, because he could consider this another rebellion against the Empire, even though it’s not, since you’re the heir.”

I looked at Surgus. He calmly looked back at me. I pitched my voice low. “Then I suppose I’ll have to do something about that relatively quickly then, won’t I? You bastard.”

I looked around at all those supporting me, then spoke in a raised voice so they could all hear me. “Thank you for your support. I hereby swear to you to rule as a Septim. But my time for that is not yet. Prepare for what is to come, make your plans, and know that our true enemy is not your fellow Nords that fight for Ulfric, nor is it the Empire under Titus Mede. Our true enemy is the Aldmeri Dominion and the Thalmor that have corrupted both our religion in their battle to prevent your rightful worship of Talos...”

I had to stop for a moment as the roar from everyone drowned out what I was going to say next. When the cheers had lessened a bit, I continued. “As I said, they have corrupted our religion, and they seek to change our lives by pitting Cyrodiil against Skyrim, Hammerfell against High Rock, Morrowind against Black Marsh, Valenwood against Elsweyr. The Summerset Isles have their reasons for their actions, we simply reject them! I say no more! My ancestor ruled Tamriel as a just and right Emperor. With your help, Skyrim will once again be the region that leads the way! What say you, people of Skyrim? Will you help me regain the Septim throne? Will you return Tamriel to the rule of free men and mer?”

The roar from the crowd assembled challenged that made by the chorus of dragons on High Hrothgar.

Later that afternoon, a group of us sat for discussion and planning. Balgruuf sat opposite me, Surgus and Leah to my left, Serana and Elise to my right. My housecarls hovered in the background, to bring us drinks as needed. I finally took the Jagged Crown off and set in on the table in front of me, looking at Surgus as I did so.

“So are you going to simply mysteriously vanish again?”

“Uh, actually ... no. It seems that I’ve been appointed your advisor by the Loremaster. That makes me wonder if he saw he would lose that bet with me earlier. So, I’ll be moving into your castle, so I’m available to help you as much as I’m allowed to with matters.”

“Castle?”

“Oh, that’s right, it’s been quite a while since the High King had a member of our Order as their advisor. It’s High Reach Castle, located just outside of Solitude.”

Balgruuf said, “Excuse me? I’ve traveled over that entire area before, when I was younger. There’s no castle by that name, or any other, near there.”

Surgus smiled. “Jarl Balgruuf, no disrespect, but ... we are the Psijic Order. While we are not quite on a level with the Daedric themselves, we are easily capable of having an area that is not detectable by normal means. In fact, the doorway to High Reach is just up the hill from the East Empire Company docks.”

Serana said, “You make it sound like it’s a portal to another plane of existence, like when we go into the Soul Cairn.”

“A small pocket, not nearly that large. However, there are several residents and their homes there, as well as guards, shops, your castle, a treasury, and a smithy.”

“Residents?” I asked. “How many people live there?”

“Well, it’s been a while since I visited. Last time I was there ... around fifty, maybe a dozen guards as well. And of course, there’s also quarters for the advisors you appoint.”

Balgruuf looked disturbed by this. “My Queen, how could a large village such as this with all these buildings be in Haafingar without the residents of Solitude knowing about it? For that matter, how do they get food or merchandise for their stalls?”

“Please. You don’t think we have our ways?”

“Well, I don’t have to like it.” Balgruuf didn’t look happy.

“If I were a gambling woman, I would guess you have additional portals that open somewhere else, perhaps in Cyrodiil, perhaps in another province, where there are farms and other cities, such that the residents may not even realize that they’re transporting from one place to another.”

Surgus looked at me with slightly widened eyes. “I forgot who your mother is. I won’t make that mistake again.”

Balgruuf said, “This is all well and good. What do we do next?”

“I can see possibilities, but I cannot predict the future. That is up to each person to act of their own free will.”

“I see four things that need our, or at least my, attention. One will please my mother, and that is to go find out about that Museum of the Mythic Dawn in Dawnstar that we’ve heard rumors about. You just know that’s going to end with someone becoming dead.” I grinned. “Second thing is to simply go after all the Thalmor bases in Skyrim, reducing their effectiveness by killing their troops. That’s good for the soul, but as much as I’d like to make that the top priority, I think that has to be the bottom one.”

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.