The Warp 5 Chronicles
Chapter 1: The Woman From Tallahassee

Copyright© 2016 by The Slim Rhino

Fan Fiction Sex Story: Chapter 1: The Woman From Tallahassee - This is my attempt at a prequel of Startrek:Enterprise starting about 10 years before the TV series. It will eventually blend into "Enterprise: The Rediscovered Logs", but that's a great many chapters in the future...

Caution: This Fan Fiction Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Consensual   Romantic   Fan Fiction   Science Fiction   Space   Aliens   Oral Sex   Anal Sex   Workplace  

Summer 2141...

I felt a long-forgotten boyish glee when the old childhood trick worked as if I had been practicing it every day. As I approached Harrison's Creek I hopped off my bike, dissipated the energy with a few quick steps and put it against a tree – all in one swift motion.

Once I'd convinced myself that I was basically still the silly kid from years gone by, I inhaled the scent of the pine trees around me as I stripped off my clothes. It was the last day of August and the summer of forty-one had been a hot one, so even at three in the morning I wasn't wearing much to begin with. It felt strange having the cool breeze wash over my naked frame, but that was mainly because I hadn't been here since May.

I spread out the blanket and lay down on it, just enjoying the reflections the full moon's pale light painted on the water where Harrison's creek spilled into the lake. The serenity of the place was heaven on Earth, and I rued the fact that I'd let my own insecurities bully me into abandoning the place all summer. I closed my eyes, soaking up the near perfect atmosphere. An owl was crying out somewhere in the distance and I could hear the soft gurgling as the little creek's water rushed past.

The tranquility around the place would probably have been enough to sedate a Vulcan, but then, I thought, they'd probably have a bit of a problem with the naked bit. All of Bay County knew that the little lake at Harrison's creek was the turf of the local nude bathers' community, giving us a place to drop the frock without getting busted for indecent exposure.

One would have thought that in the year 2141 people would be enlightened enough to realize that people swimming and sunbathing in the nude was not going to hurt anyone, but Florida was so stuck-up, we had to retreat to a place well hidden within a forest for the prudish folk to accept the status quo.

After lying for a while soaking up the atmosphere, I decided to go skinny-dipping. The full moon's perfect, brilliant image reflected in the water as I shivered slightly in the shallows and the cold crept up through my feet. After such a long summer the water would have been quite warm if it wasn't for the fact that the little creek constantly fed ice-cold water into it. Drawing a deep breath, I let myself fall forwards into the water.


I woke up to the sounds of early birds and someone's footsteps on the gravel path. It was unusual to encounter someone else around here this early in the morning. However, I merely opened my eyes a bit to see that it was still early dawn. The pale reflection of the moon on the water's surface had been joined by bronze colored glints as the rising sun sent a few first rays through the trees.

It was an unspoken rule around here that one didn't go about eying up new arrivals, as it could well be someone coming here for the first time, being nervous about it. Closing my eyes again, I continued enjoying the scents and sounds of nature as the local wildlife started their day quite noisily. That pleasure was short lived however, when the rustling sounds of whoever had arrived got a little too close for comfort. Unless the place was packed, which was rare enough, nobody would stake his claim right next to someone else.

My eyes snapped open and I jumped a bit when my gaze was met by a young girl's firm rear-end. It took me a moment to realize that this wasn't a meddlesome stranger, but my younger sister Lizzie, undressing at the foot end of my blanket. As she pushed down her pants she smiled at me, looking upside-down through her legs, completely oblivious to the fact that she didn't present a particularly modest image.

A waft of her favorite lavender shampoo hit my nose when she sat down next to me with that typical smile of hers. Her blue eyes were sparkling with mirth and happiness. I had asked her several times not to do that, but like always she ignored my request and placed a gentle kiss on my lips.

"Morning sleepyhead," she said, her eyes dancing with glee. "I thought I'd completely miss out on doing the Tucker Bomb this summer."

"How'd you know I was out here?"

She looked at me with a lopsided grin and I realized it had been a stupid question. Where else would I go by bike in the middle of the night? As we were chuckling about my 'here's your sign' moment, the amusement was interrupted by a growl and it came right from my stomach.

"Knew it. I've brought something to eat," she admonished me softly and poked my belly button with her finger. "I bet you haven't eaten since dinner."

There was no point in arguing, considering my stomach had just done a pretty convincing sound-imitation of a rock fall.

Setting down the picnic basket she'd brought, Lizzie sat down across from me and handed me a napkin then put another one in her lap. Covering my own lap I tried not to sigh too loudly in relief. That lotus seating position would have been a truly nasty image. I'd never had a problem with my sister's knack for nakedness, after all this was our favorite place, but looking at my sixteen year old sibling's privates was just a bit too far past by creepiness threshold, especially when eating. Lizzie was of course completely oblivious to such details.

I smiled blissfully when she handed me a paper plate with a slice of pecan pie. Since it was made with brown sugar I knew she'd made it. Mom used the white variety.

"I knew it was a good idea to have you live at my place instead of the dorm," I teased her.

I wasn't a shabby cook, but having my favorite sibling around would mean I'd be in for some great home-made food. Mind you, cooking was not what she was coming to Fog City with me for. That gorgeous sister of mine had been granted an artistic scholarship at the Hundertwasser arts high school for the exceptionally gifted.

"Mom will make a scene though," she replied and ignored my quip. "I've been her last chick to cluck over."

Her knowing half-smile was answered by my nod. "But once we've survived that you'll enjoy the first days without the mother-copter circling overhead. Then you'll start to miss her."

We both chuckled. We talked about several things while eating and I was way too busy enjoying my pecan pie. Frankly there wasn't much motivation to listen anyway as Lizzie was harping on at mom's favorite topic – my girlfriend or boyfriend, or more specifically the utter lack of either.

My complete inactivity in the romance department had been so thorough that my family didn't even know if I was straight or gay like my older brother David. Of course they didn't know why I'd been living like a monk for the past three years, but it had helped save some female hearts being broken (assuming anyone was interested in me to start with). I had barely finished that thought when my dear sister dropped an almighty bomb on me.

"You need to get laid, brother of mine," she concluded her unheard-by-me monologue dryly.

It literally took my breath away. I started to cough when the latest bite of pecan pie inadvertently went down the wrong pipe. My torso was rocked by Lizzie's fist thumping against my back while I wheezed and hacked helplessly.

Once I had regained my ability to breathe I looked at her in a mixture of bewilderment and reproach for having shocked the daylights out of me.

"How do you know how often or not I get laid?" I challenged her – and immediately realization dawned that I'd asked the wrong question. That look on her face was all too familiar. She had the dirt on me and I was in for a few hard truths. A silent groan escaped my throat when she stuck the proverbial knife in at the exact point where the mess had started.

"Remember the '38 Regionals in Tallahassee? You'd won without a single defeat and most of your fights by knockout. Normally anyone who's this good would at least be drafted into the national amateur team. Yet you hung up the boxing gloves a mere week later. On top of that you were so scatterbrained you left your urologist's appointment lying around openly."

I just looked at her, slack-jawed and probably blushing a nice shade of crimson as well.

"Back then I was just thirteen and didn't know what to make of it, but later I could. You might have brought the trophy back, but I bet you left your virginity in Tallahassee."

At that point I was wondering at which temperature human skin would spontaneously combust. Whatever it was, my cheeks felt as though they were approaching that very temperature.

"And why would a guy go to the urologists after losing his virginity?" she continued remorselessly. "You were afraid you'd brought back a little souvenir, meaning you didn't know him or her and you'd forgotten to use the condom each of us got from dad when we turned fourteen."

I was flattened, utterly unable to speak. My face was burning up and I jerked back when she touched my cheek. It felt like someone stuck a hot needle in it.

Her look was sad. She was probably feeling bad about having cornered me so brutally.

As I shook my head to rattle some sense back into it, the decision was made. Heck, I've always been able to talk with her about everything, and now that she was sixteen there was no need any more to pretend she wouldn't know about the 'birds and the bees'. Truth be told, somehow I'd always wanted it off my chest, and now as was good a time as any.

"I don't even know more than her first name, to this very day," I admitted, feeling ashamed. "She'd been sittin' in the first row all through the tournament, practically droolin' at me, even though she was a good deal older than I. Hell, I don't know, she was probably something like twenty-five, thirty? Long dark hair, unbelievably beautiful brown eyes, bit of a Latina touch about her, incredibly beautiful woman, and godammit, that smile..."

"You're gushing, Trip," Lizzie interrupted me softly. "If the two of you ended up in bed, why did you do the u-turn afterwards? Sounds to me like you're still in love with her, head over heels by the sound of it."

I hung my head in shame. Lizzie was about to see the coward side of her brother.

"Back home, I realized what I'd done. For weeks I was freakin' out every morning, scared that a letter would come telling me that mom would be a grandma in nine months' time. Two or three anonymous messages came in. They were from her, but I ignored them. I was so friggin' messed up. When I finally answered one of them, months later, she didn't react anymore."

"And that's when you became an indoor kid, burying your nose in engineering books ever since," Lizzie finished the story for me. I saw a glint of compassion in her eyes, but also a look of disappointment. I had wronged a woman and she wasn't best pleased about it. But instead of berating me for my cowardice, she gave me a gentle half-smile.

A nod was the answer to her theory. "I stopped lookin' for a girlfriend, let alone someone to hop in the sack with. I broke the heart of a very special lady and I didn't want to do that to other girls too."

"At least you've learned your lesson, bro. Not all is lost. But you're twenty now. Don't you think you've served your self-imposed sentence?"

I looked back at her blankly. I'd been prepared to be royally chewed out. "You're not mad at me?"

"Trip, you were seventeen," she said. "And even though you made a right mess of it, whoever that woman was, she's got to take some of the blame as well. She must have known how easy it is to seduce a clueless teenager, and that he's not gonna react in a mature way if something goes wrong. She could have taken some responsibility as well, y'know, even if it was just telling you she's protected."

"Remind me, which one of us is sixteen and who's twenty?" I asked incredulously, but also with a great relief. I'd finally got it off my chest, and it felt like a large weight had fallen off my conscience. I'd probably never get to tell the girl from Tallahassee how sorry I was, but being forgiven by my baby sister was the next best thing.

"We'll have ample time to work on your social skills, brother of mine. But enough talk, it's time for the 2141 edition of the Tucker Bomb! You ready?"

We both chuckled and walked down to the lake. The morning light was now shining golden through the trees as we stood in the knee-deep water, splashing our bodies to avoid too much of a cold shock; I'd had one already, and knew just how chilly that water was. Once done we walked about ten meters away from the lake, took each other by the hand and ran. When we reached the water line we jumped and drew the knees to our chests.

The forest reverberated with an almighty splash as our butts hit the water.


I'd never been so relieved to arrive in San Francisco before. One reason was that eighteen hours before I'd been sitting by myself at Harrington's Creek on the opposite end of the continent, which meant I was dead tired, and the second was that I'd gotten away from Mom. Missing her would start soon enough in a few days' time, but the lament she'd staged had bordered on the ridiculous; it would have gotten her quite a few annoyed looks at a funeral.

A waft of stale air greeted us as the door to our apartment opened for Lizzie, and she made a bee-line for the environmental controls to get the air conditioning going.

Of course, being the big brother I'd been the dedicated mule, and set down our heavy bags with a sigh of relief. The glimmer of mirth in her eyes was still bright and alive, and it eluded my imagination how my sister could be this cheery after such a long day. After all, she'd joined me at the lake at the butt-crack of dawn as well. But then Lizzie hadn't spent the whole night before frantically finishing a two-hundred-fifty-page behemoth of an engineering paper.

The latter was, of course, my own fault. Commodore Jeffries had probably not expected much more than twenty pages on the virtues of a tri-nacelle layout over the Vulcan ring design, but I'd gotten carried away and ended up with a paper that essentially said 'Yep, it's better, but it can't hold a candle to the proposed twin-nacelle layout of the NX prototypes, except that that isn't any good either as the nacelles should be in a V layout at one-hundred twenty degrees below or above the main hull'. I'd basically specified a new warp engine layout and backed it up with the math, which was why it had taken me all summer.

I had seriously gone overboard with it, but my ambition was like a herd of wild mustangs. Good luck trying to rein it in. This was my final year at the Academy and I was hell-bent on acing it – magna cum laude with bells and whistles in gold if possible. There was one great goal drawing me like polar north draws the needle of a compass: when humanity would finally reach Warp 5 and we'd build our own deep space ship, I wanted to be on it as an engineer, preferably the chief engineer, and you didn't prove yourself to be the best by turning over papers that were just 'satisfactory'.

While busy pondering the results of turning my summer break into a busman's holiday, I had missed that Lizzie was now doing the 'mom thing', inspecting my place with a critical eye.

"Quite neat, considering you've been living here on your own for two years," she said, and pouted her lips teasingly, which made her look like the spitting image of mom thirty years ago in one of the old photos in the lounge at home. She was lucky I loved her dearly, otherwise those antics would have seriously gotten on my nerves.

"What did you expect?" I asked back, slightly annoyed. "Comin' in here havin' to wade knee-deep through empty beer bottles?"

Have you ever felt like a goalkeeper who masterfully deflected a shot only for it to land right in the path of an advancing striker? I went down one-nil in an instant, when she opened the cupboard door next to the dish washer.

"Nope," she chirped triumphantly. "Those are tucked away neatly in here. You're just like Dad."

I was too knackered to make up a lame excuse or try to intimidate her by feigned manliness, so I just rolled my eyes and accepted defeat. According to the ancient scrolls of the Tucker clan, she would use this moment of having the upper hand to lay down the rules. And, since history was bound to repeat itself, it would result in me having more household chores than I ever had as a kid.

I sat down at the kitchen breakfast bar, defeated by superior female logic, and she did the same across from me after having finished her inspection of our living arrangements. She looked me straight in the eyes, resting her chin in the palms of her hands.

"I've got no problems if you have a beer or two after a long day, but those empty bottles go out every second day at the latest; comprende, brother of mine?"

I just nodded tiredly, and to my surprise she leaned backwards, opened the fridge and fetched out a nice cool brew, putting it before me. That was Lizzie in a nutshell. She could annoy me even more than mom, but in the end she'd always be my baby sister and make up for it. I hadn't been hot on the idea of living with her here at first, but in reality the homesickness that had gotten to me sometimes during the last two years would now not be as much of a problem. Having my favorite sibling around would make my days so much brighter.

I savored the tart sensation as the cool liquid ran down my throat.

"I'll need a bit of housekeeping money," she said. "Leave the shopping and cooking to me and you do the dishes and the laundry, okay?"

It seemed like a fair deal. She'd taken the one job I hated with a passion – shopping for groceries. Doing the dishes and throwing stuff into the washing machine wasn't that bad. I'd had to get used to that anyway over the last two years.

"I've put two hundred on your card, will that be enough for the week?" I asked, and her grin when she nodded told me that it was more than enough. I didn't know what girly things she'd spend the rest on, but in the end it didn't matter. We both had scholarships. so pinching pennies wasn't needed.


By the time we'd put all the clothes away, taken a shower and were ready for bed, I'd gone through three beers – and to my surprise, Lizzie had drunk one as well.

I was already in bed and had to stifle a laugh when my dear sister walked into the bedroom. She was slender to say the least, so a pair of my Bermuda shorts and an old t-shirt of mine looked ridiculous on her, but I didn't care. What I saw was that for all her teasing she knew which lines not to cross.

I only had a large double bed, and since she always slept naked she hadn't brought any pajamas; in fact, I don't think she even owned any. She'd just raided my side of the wardrobe for some old clothes.

"Thank you," I said and gave her a peck on her cheek.

"Well I can't have my big brother freak out," she said teasingly, but this time without the usual mischievous glimmer in her eyes. We were both lying on our sides and propped up on our elbows by this time.

I rolled over to switch off the lights. I felt her soft kiss on my lips as she wished me a good night, and I soon drifted off into an exhausted slumber.


This was not how I had envisioned the start of my final year.

Walking out into the lobby, I could see Lizzie waiting for me. Since her lessons wouldn't start before Monday she'd been in the city, and we'd arranged to meet for lunch.

Her quizzical glance met mine and I knew I had failed to hide my confusion from her. That wasn't really surprising though. I was so beside myself I was walking in two different postcodes.

She fell in step next to me as I hurried out of the building, and we walked out to the park in front of the Academy grounds. It was almost an oasis of quietness in the hectic city, with scores of colorful flowers lining the gravel paths.

Today, however, it would not do much for my mood. I was far away, and didn't even notice what it was that Lizzie was feeding me as we sat side by side on a bench. She didn't say anything yet; we just ate in silence.

But inevitably the talk came once we'd eaten through her supplies.

"You look like you've seen a ghost," she said and her blue eyes were filled with concern. I suppose I must have worn my emotions on my sleeve that day.

"Worse than a ghost," I sighed. "We had a refresher seminar right first thing today. The instructor was Lieutenant Erika Hernandez."

Lizzie always had a sharp mind and I could see her eyes go wide in recognition. I had emphasized the surname enough to point out the important bit. She had a good memory for detail, and I'd told her more than enough about that lost encounter with the lovely Latina at the boxing tournament for her to put two and two together in an instant.

"The woman from Tallahassee."

I confirmed her suspicion with a nod. "And she hates my ass."

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.