A Two Week Vacation - Cover

A Two Week Vacation

Copyright© 2016 by Westside24

Chapter 1

Sex Story: Chapter 1 - Interesting things can happen during a two week vacation.

Caution: This Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Consensual   Romantic   Heterosexual  

In walking back to his office from the courthouse there definitely was a bounce in his step and a smile on the face of Kyle Sutton. The reason for this jubilation was the not guilty verdict he had just received. While he hoped that would be the verdict he wasn't sure it would be as you could never tell what a jury would do when the defendant was a large automobile insurance company. There was always the chance that the jury would ignore the facts and award a large monetary verdict since the insurance company had 'deep pockets.' Thank God they didn't do it this time he thought.

The smile on his face became a little more pronounced as he looked at the entrance sign to his office which said "Collins and Sutton, Attorneys at Law." He knew when he and Ray started out this was a two person law firm and now it employed thirty five attorneys plus support people. Stopping by the receptionist he picked up some phone messages and then went to see his partner Ray Collins.

Walking into Ray's office he heard, "I can tell by the smile on your face it was a favorable verdict."

"Not guilty and that is what the facts indicated it should have been. The premise that that the insurance company didn't offer their policy limits fast enough to settle a claim which resulted in a law suit being filed and a verdict of one million dollars against their insured was weak. Besides the plaintiff there were other injured people in this accident. The plaintiff demanded the policy limits be offered in ten days and it took the insurance company nineteen days before they filed the interpleader is not bad faith. I am glad the jury saw it that way."

"You said there were seven women on the jury so I am sure your good looks had something to do with getting a favorable verdict."

"Between you and me I was getting some intense looks from three of the women on the jury so every little edge helps."

"With that now behind you what do you have coming up?"

"There is a little lull as the death case of the young couple involving our client's truck, the co-defendant telephone company and the co-defendant farmer is four weeks away. After that it will be the case of the football helmet not being properly manufactured to reduce concussions which probably will generate national attention."

"What the status on that death case?"

"The insurance company for the farmer has offered their limits but so far no demand has been made upon us. Plaintiff wants it all from the phone company. If a demand is made on us we would have to seriously think about it as a verdict in this case because of the two young children will be in the millions."

"It looks like this would be an opportune time for you to take a vacation and get away from the snow and cold weather we are having."

"What caused you to say that?"

"I checked and you only took two days off last year."

"Well my father had that operation."

"Kyle, you are forty two years of age and I would like to see you get to fifty two years of age. I can name you five excellent trial attorneys that didn't make it that far. You are one of the best defense attorneys in the city and are constantly in these high pressure situations with these large exposure cases which take a heavy toll on the human body. You need to get your batteries re-charged and that comes by relaxing and letting the pressure on you dissipate."

"I like what I do and I like being in the courtroom."

"I know you do and you are damn good in doing it. Our success and the growth of this firm are largely attributable to your trial success. I would like that to continue and I am sure it will if you are still around to do it. Kim Connors and Parker Janus, your associates, should be able to hold the fort down for the two weeks you are gone. Please take the two weeks off as a personal favor for me as I need you to be a viable partner in this law firm."

After agreeing to take a vacation Kyle went to his office and thought about what Ray had said. Grudgingly he had to admit that Ray was right about him needing to get away from the office for a while. The public didn't know of the long hours and the pressure a trial lawyer was constantly under. The winter weather here with the snow and ice left a lot to be desired. Where to go for the warmer weather was something he thought about and finely came up with a plan.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.