Survivors - Cover

Survivors

Copyright© 2015 by Charlie Foxtrot

Chapter 1: Dawn's Early Light

Science Fiction Sex Story: Chapter 1: Dawn's Early Light - Something has happened, killing off most of the world. A small handful of people struggle to survive the aftermath and build a new life for themselves. (Note: Story Codes include acts from future chapters.)

Caution: This Science Fiction Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Ma/ft   Consensual   Fiction   Science Fiction   Post Apocalypse   Spanking   First   Slow  

I woke up slowly, feeling the throbbing in my head from too much to drink. I kept my eyes closed, feeling my body, my skin, the hair moving beneath my breath. I was lying over a table, with my head on my arms. Strange.

I'd woken up in uncomfortable positions before. Anyone who spent time down range could tell you similar stories. But my last memories were not of Iraq or Afghanistan. My last recollection was of looking at young women dancing provocatively, celebrating with my nephew, Sam.

Allen was my brother, the good son. He'd grown up, gone to school and then law school, to make Mom and Dad proud. I was the black sheep. Oh, I'd gone to school but on an NROTC scholarship and then into the Navy. While Mom had smiled bravely on my last visit home, just before I shipped out to the Middle East, I knew I'd broken her heart. Of course, Allen marrying a Jew and then converting to her faith had probably been worse for Mom. I'm sure that's what had put dad in his grave. What would his parishioners think? How could a man of God have his own son flee his religion?

In many ways, having my parents die within a few weeks of each other was probably a blessing. I came home for their funerals but Allen had taken care of everything. Sam was only a few years old then. Somehow, during those cold December days of mandatory obligations, I'd discovered that I liked being an uncle. After that brief interlude in my violent career, I'd started taking time to connect with my brother and his family in ways I never had, when I was younger.

Allen's seven years older than I am. He and his wife, Sarah, had Sam during my senior year at A&M, a year after they'd moved to Florida. Now, thirteen years later, it was a little like coming home. I'd made it a point to spend a few weeks with them anytime I was stateside and, during my tours in San Diego, they'd come and visit me, at least once a year. Sam always loved going with me to the base or to tour ships. I enjoyed having them around, even though Sarah continually tried to fix me up with her younger friends and cousins. On this trip, she had a friend's niece in mind for me. At least she found attractive women to try and fix me up with.

Of course, I had no intentions of settling down with a future Florida housewife.

My flight had landed in Orlando on Wednesday evening and, after picking up my luggage, I'd rented a sharp looking Escalade and driven down to West Palm Beach and their stuccoed mansion in its gated community. I'd chosen to put on a suit, despite Sam's asking me to wear my uniform and sat through an excruciating service at Temple. I did my duty for pictures and helping to dress the Torah and plastered a sincerely fake smile on my face as all of Allen and Sarah's friends tried to make small talk with me at the reception, afterward. Yes, I was still in the Navy. Yes, I was an officer. No, I was not getting out soon.

Luckily, Allen and I broke free for a round of golf that afternoon. It was pleasant in the Florida fall, with temperatures in the mid seventies. We had a few beers at the nineteenth hole and watched a storm update for a possible hurricane coming our way before heading back to his house to get dressed for the evening. Sarah introduced me to Kate about thirty minutes before the party and asked if I would mind driving her tonight. She was an attractive blonde with green eyes. She was a little old for my tastes, but on par with what I was expected to chase stateside. I gave her a smile and we headed out.

I'd been surprised by the Bar Mitzvah party. Allen and Sarah had gone all out with a full bar and prime rib for dinner. Kate was pleasant company. She laughed at my jokes and asked intelligent questions. We danced a few times before the DJ switched to younger music for Sam and his friends. Kate and I had enjoyed a scotch together as we watched the kids dancing with much more energy than either of us had. I remembered commenting to the fact that a few of the girls looked like they were aspiring pole dancers in their short dresses and suggestive dance moves.

It was the last thing I remembered from the night.

My headache didn't seem to be diminishing but I decided to bravely open my eyes. My arms shielded the dim light, as I lifted my head.

"Shit."

Kate was sitting next to me, with her head lolled back and her mouth gaping. The other six diners at our table were also lifelessly sprawled around.

"Shit."

I stood up and then forced myself to reach out to her neck. No pulse. I looked around. The lights of the DJ were still strobing, but the music had stopped. I glanced at my watch. It was five A.M.

My training kicked in. I'm pretty good under pressure and in strange situations. I had spent twelve years in Navy Explosive Ordinance Disposal. My hands did not shake as I began checking the others at the table for signs of life.

Sarah was harder on me than Allen. She had always had a kind word and warm smile for me. Sam was lying on the dance floor with his friends. There were no signs of panic or violence. It was as if we had all dropped off in an instant but only I woke up. Suddenly, it was too much. I rushed out the door, through the hallway and into the early morning light before throwing up a mixture of dinner and drinks.

"Shit!" I said as I spit and tried to catch my breath. It was unnaturally quiet. I took another deep breath. I pulled my phone out and hit 911. It rang through to an automated system. The fact that no dispatcher picked up told me this was more than one party with a problem.

I knew I needed to finish the job. Slowly, I headed back inside to continue checking bodies.

I found one of the aspiring pole dancers near the women's bathroom. I almost walked past her before seeing her chest move. In an instant, I was next to her checking for a pulse. She was a pretty thing. Long straight blonde hair and an oval face with pronounced cheekbones. She was wearing a little black dress that barely reached her thighs, and heels that would have done a Philippine hooker proud but not too much makeup. Once I confirmed her pulse, I stepped into the bathroom and got some damp towels. I dabbed her face and neck until she stirred.

"What happened?" she asked as she opened her eyes and stared at me. "You're Sammy's Uncle."

I forced a smile. "I am ... and who are you?"

"Cassie Stanton. I was in the fall play with Sam. What happened?" She sat up quickly and then swayed a little. "What time is it?"

"It's a little after five. I don't know what happened. I just woke up myself a few minutes ago."

"What do you mean?" She struggled to get up, ignoring her dress as it rode up to flash her black panties at me. God, she had long legs and I felt like a heel for noticing them. She tugged her hem down as she gained her feet.

I grabbed her arm as she started toward the ballroom the party had been in. "You don't want to go in there," I said.

She spun and glared at me. "Why not? Is everyone asleep still?"

She pulled her arm free and hurried to the door. I followed and managed to keep her from falling as she took in the bodies spread around the room.

"Are they all..."

"I think so. I haven't checked everyone yet. I found you before I was done."

"How? Oh my God!" She lurched away from me and ran out of the room. I heard her sobbing and then heard the outside door being pushed opened. I was torn with following her or finishing in here and being done with it all. I decided my duty was in here, in case someone else was still breathing. I steeled myself and headed back to the dance floor.

I was nearly done checking bodies when I heard her return.

"My parents didn't answer when I called," she sobbed as she came back into the room looking for me rather than at the bodies.

I looked up and nodded. "I tried 911 and got no answer."

I stood up and went to her. She grabbed me and hugged me. The pretense of a grown woman was gone now. She was a scared little girl, sobbing against my chest.

"How can they all be dead?" She asked.

"I don't know."

I held her until she regained some semblance of control, stroking her back and neck in what I hoped was a comforting manner. After a few minutes, she pulled back and looked up at me with her blue eyes.

"Are we the only two people left?"

I nodded. "So far. I've got two tables left to check. Why don't you wait for me in the hallway?"

"Are you sure?"

"Cassie, no one should have to look at this. Unfortunately, I've seen worse. Let me finish up in here and then we'll figure out what to do next."

She nodded and headed back out to the hallway as I turned to the last two tables. I held little hope, but knew the difference between little and none. It turned out I was right to keep checking.

The third survivor was another young woman. She was a brunette in a green top and black skirt, just a little longer than Cassie's dress. She was barefoot, but it looked like the green sandals under her table were hers. I finished checking the other bodies and then picked her and her shoes up to go find Cassie.

"Tabitha!" Cassie said as I exited the ballroom. "Is she alive?"

I nodded and laid her out on a bench. Cassie grabbed her hand as I went for some more wet towels. By the time I got back, the two girls were holding each other, crying. Damn - I hated women crying.

I sat down next to them, tuning them out and forcing myself to think. I closed my eyes and laid the wet towels across my forehead. Checking over two hundred corpses for a pulse had taken a toll on me.

"Are you listening, mister?"

I opened my eyes. Cassie was standing with her friend Tabitha. The younger brunette had her arms crossed in front of her, glaring at me.

"No, Tabitha, I am not listening to you," I said tightly. "I'm trying to think what our next move will be. The police aren't responding. Girls, nearly three hundred people are dead in that room. We seem to have survived, and I don't know why. I also don't know why they died and I don't like not knowing about things that can kill me," I said grimly.

My tone seemed to set her back. She licked her lips and glanced at Cassie. Finally, she looked back at me.

"I'm sorry. Do you think you could give us a lift to my house? My mom will know what to do."

I looked at both of them and then patted my pants pocket to check for my keys.

"Okay, but first, we'll stop by Allen's to get my stuff."


A couple of wrecks indicated not everyone had been home or off the roads when whatever hit us happened. No Hollywood explosions and fires, just mangled cars and few dropped trees but still a grim reminder of our new world order. We didn't see anyone living on the streets while driving back to Allen's gated community. Luckily, he'd given me one of the automatic passes that opened the gate arm. The girls didn't seem to notice that the guard house was noticeably empty. I did.

"Stay down here," I told the girls as we entered the house and I headed upstairs to change and grab a few things. "See if you can find a cooler and fill it up with water."

Three minutes later, I was heading back down the stairs in more suitable clothing.

"Shit, are you a Marine?" Cassie asked when she got a look at my field utilities.

"No. Navy EOD." I paused to pull on my web harness and pistol. The pistol was the only thing not government issue. It was one I had gotten for Allen several years ago. I always traveled with at least one set of 'work clothes' as I thought of them. I had too many unexpected detours from leave to not come prepared.

"Why do you need a gun?" Tabitha asked.

"I'd rather have it and not need it, than need it and not have it." I pulled the nine millimeter Walther PPQ out of the holster, checked that a round was chambered and then returned it to my hip.

"You two stay here. I'm going to check the neighbors and see if anyone is up."

I had a feeling I could have said 'alive'.

Ten minutes later, I had checked two houses to each side and three across the street. No one I found had a pulse. Two sets of eyes followed me through the window by the door as I came back.

"Nobody home?" Cassie asked hopefully.

"Nobody alive," I said. Both girls' eyes got bigger.

"Let's go check your houses now. Can you give me directions?"

Cassie nodded and we piled into my rented Escalade. I put the cooler of water they had assembled into the back seat with Tabitha. I pulled three bottles out and handed one to each of the girls.

"Drink it up," I said as I did the same. "If your heads feel like mine, water should help."

Soon we were driving into Cassie's neighborhood. I had to stop at the guard house and open the gate for us. The guard was dead at his desk.

"Mom! Dad!" Cassie shouted as she entered the house. I hurried to follow her while trying to scan the street for any signs of movement.

"No!" I caught up with her and Tabitha in her living room. Tabitha wrapped her arms around the taller girl as she stared at her parent's unmoving bodies on the couch. I reached out to feel their necks. No pulse.

"Tabitha, take her to her room. I'll check the rest of the house. Help her get changed into some traveling clothes and pack a bag. Just the essentials. Okay?" I used what is known as my 'command' tone. Sailors knew better than to ask questions when they heard it. I hoped it worked on young women as well.

Tabitha nodded and guided Cassie by her shoulders down the hallway. It took them over fifteen minutes, but they did come back out with Cassie dressed in khaki shorts, a polo shirt, and tennis shoes. I guess that is what teenage girls considered traveling clothes. I had taken the time to lay her parents on the floor and cover them with a sheet from the hall closet. She gave them a glance and then looked back at me.

"Thank you for taking care of them."

I nodded and grabbed her bag.

"Let's hope we find something better at Tabitha's," I said.

Unfortunately, we didn't.

"You go in first," Tabitha insisted after she unlocked the door. I nodded and felt her hand against the small of my back as I headed inside and she followed. The lights were on, but no one was on the first floor. I was surprised when I looked in the bedroom. Two men were on the bed, naked. I tried to keep emotionally detached as I checked them for a pulse.

"That's my dad and Michael, his lover," Tabitha said nonchalantly. I figured it was shock setting in. Her tone had changed and her spine had stiffened.

"We need to check Mr. Timmons' place. Mom usually went to visit Consuela when Michael came over."

"Consuela?" I asked.

"She was sort of like a younger aunt. Like you were for Sam. Mom always said to go to Consuela if anything happened here and she wasn't home."

"Okay. Where is Mr. Timmons' place?"

"Just down the block. Let me get changed. Can you keep Cassie out of here? I don't feel like explaining everything right now."

I nodded.

"In fact, I'll tell Cassie to stay in the car." She ran down the hallway and out the door. I closed the bedroom door and met her on her way back in.

"Can you stay with me?" She asked as she grabbed my hand and pulled me toward her room. I followed. It seemed that she had her own tone of voice that did not broke an argument.

She deftly planted me in the one chair in her room, tucked in the corner to face both her closet and the doorway. Without another glance my direction, she turned and whipped off her top, revealing a nicely tanned back with no annoying tan lines. The skirt followed, revealing a nicely shaped and well toned ass that was barely covered by a pair of thin beige panties. She peeled those off as well, without a glance and then stepped into her closet. I was ashamed to have a sudden, raging hard on as her dead, gay father lay a few dozen feet from us.

Luckily, she was at least in panties and shorts when she stepped back into view. She was pulling a collared shirt over her head, giving me a lovely view of her budding breasts and pointy nipples. She seemed to have no modesty about her body.

"So, Commander, what should we call you?" she asked as she threw a duffle bag on her bed and began putting clothes into it.

I managed to find my voice with only a little trouble. "Jack. Jack Hampton. You seem to be handling this better than I expected."

She nodded and kept packing. "I expected it, though I hoped I was wrong. Finding Cassie's folks made me assume the worst. I'll be just as stoic at Mr. Timmons', but I've got to know."

"I understand."

"So where are we going?"

"I don't know yet. Either the police station or the hospital, I think."

"Mom's a doctor. If we find her, she'll insist on the hospital."

"Maybe we'll find someone to tell us what the hell is going on."

"I hope so. What about the Navy?"

"If we don't get any answers here, I'll try that next. Let's see if we can find your mom, first."

Tabitha threw a last jacket in her bag and then zipped it shut before motioning for me to grab it. She was going to make some man a handful, if there was a man left for her now.

I had the girls wait in the car when we got to Mr. Timmons house. Tabitha had told me he was an older man, and the Consuela was his live-in house keeper. I went inside alone and immediately was glad.

A man in his eighties, at least, was lying on the floor, naked with a dog collar around his throat. The leash was held by a dark haired woman dressed up in a French maid costume. It was obvious where she lay that there was nothing under the skirt. I checked her for a pulse, and then checked him as well. It looked like Mr. Timmons and Consuela had at least died happy. No sign of Tabitha's mother. I had looked at a family picture in their house. There was no mistaking the French maid for the petite dirty-blonde woman Tabitha had pointed out as her mom.

I moved deeper into the house, checking bedrooms upstairs, and then looking at the bodies in the entry way. They looked like they were coming from somewhere on the way upstairs. I looked into the kitchen.

No basements in Florida, but there was a slight hallway off the kitchen. I followed it, and stepped into a room straight out of a sex shop. It was walled in dark red with a black tile floor. The far wall was hung with different instruments from whips and paddles to various shaped dildos and butt-plugs. To the right, a woman was bent over a padded horse, wrists cuffed to her ankles, with a pony-tail butt-plug stuck into her.

"I guess I'm glad I had the girls wait in the car," I said aloud as I stepped into the room. I could at least put her mother in a little more dignified position.

I nearly shit when I saw the woman shiver as I pulled the pony-tail device from her ass. She struggled weakly against her bonds as I hurried to find a key. I ended up running back to the door and searching the maid. The only key was one she wore on a chain around her neck. Luckily, it was the key for the cuffs. I undid them and then helped the woman straighten as I worked the lock on the ball gag that had kept her quiet.

"Who the hell are you?" She asked after rubbing her jaw for a second. "And where in the hell is Connie? She should know better than to leave me like that."

"I'm Jack Hampton, a friend of a friend of your daughters', and I'm pretty sure Connie had no intention of leaving you like that."

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.