Don't Sleep in the Subway - Cover

Don't Sleep in the Subway

Copyright© 2015 by RWMoranUSMCRet

Chapter 47

(Return to the Roots)

One of my grandfather’s often repeated admonitions was his advice that no matter how confused or unsure I became, it would usually all come back on course if one stuck to their “roots”. When I was younger, I would just nod my head in agreement and help him into his bed because he tended to get unsteady after a pail of beer.

Long after he was gone from this stressful world, his words floated between my ears like guidance from above and I would just continue to muddle through no matter how difficult the situation.

It really helped me in my travels in time and acted like a GPS system at those times when I was virtually flying by the seat of my pants and tried my best to exude confidence to those around me like this was all second nature to me.

I might have been a little more circumspect with regard to matter of the heart if he had offered some sage advice in that area, but he tended to avoid that subject and I suspected he was just as confused as the rest of male members of the family in the understanding of what made a female tick.

I had discovered that the less you lied or tried to deceive a woman, the more likely she would trust you over the long haul when it really counted. That was true even in those cases when we both spoke different languages and our means of communication was by sign language and close personal control. Those times when my relationships with the opposite sex turned sour was due to other more gut wrenching nuances like an unexpected loss or illness and the influence of some other factor that was totally out of my hands like the physical attraction of another party.

One of the things I liked about the Indian and Chinese females was that they were really Earthly creatures close to nature and less impacted by the rules of society or proper behavior. They tended to be less concerned about financial matters or religious norms that required certain levels of behavior that stemmed more from rules established by latter day workers in the field of the divine Creator. This was especially true of the Mormon women indoctrinated in certain beliefs from the time they were able to understand the words of the adults in charge of their every movement.

The truly religious-minded females tended to be more pliable in carnal matters than girls already spoiled by the temptations of physical pleasure or under the influence of hedonistic values systems that robbed them of moral character. Unfortunately, I was attracted to the latter and I would often thrill at their devious plots and transparent faults that served to both amuse and arouse me to slavish adoration.

It was perhaps a bit biased of me to make a comparison but it seemed like the females of the present time were quite a lot more shackled by invisible chains of behavior and they seldom adhered to a logical program unless it was pressed on them by someone in charge of their every move. On the other hand, the females of the present time were actually less likely to bend to male instructions unless they were forced to by the rules of society or family ties.

Women in olden times were more reactive to their instinctive core values and seemed more than satisfied to have a love interest with a male one at a time with no desire to have string of males on a leash like modern day females. That was a comforting and restorative factor of travels back in time and I wondered if a trip in the other direction would have just the opposite result.

That might seem an unrelated consideration, but I personally found it a matter of primary concern because my level of ability to “blend in” with a different time period relied on my relationships with members of the opposite sex just because I was most likely oversexed and constantly on the prowl for female companionship. I didn’t think I would like to be thrown into the midst of an Amazonian society where females ruled with an iron hand. I much preferred the thought of immersion in a Victorian scenario with females trained to obey and heed male instructions and they generally grew more submissive as the carnal heat was turned up a notch in a private nocturnal setting.

The simple truth was that I was attracted to “bad” girls with little care for male orders or acting in a proper manner when left to their own devices.

Once a prior time female was shed of her restrictive corset and the multiple undergarments that society required, I discovered they were no less soft and gentle in their response than a female trained to please from an early age. Girls that engaged in close personal relations primarily for financial compensation were quite another story and they tended to follow their own rules of conduct that usually chewed up a new male acquaintance and spat him out minus his monetary assets and with a sense that he had gotten screwed rather than the other way around.

I think growing up without the benefit of female siblings or even a mother to offer advice made me less considerate of female feeling, but infinitely more sensitive to feminine mystery and desirous of intimacy. My belief was that one more accustomed to up close and personal familiarization with female logic and patterns of thought tended to become subconsciously jaded with the opposite sex to the degree that bordered on unfounded dismissal. It was not so much a “macho” attitude as a built-in sense of superiority to all female thought and only general acceptance of femininity as a necessary evil to propagate the human race.

At one point, shortly after I had left military service, I was employed in an office that had me as the only male in the midst of a bevy of young nubile women and with a boss of the opposite sex as well.

I only mention this because it helps to prove my point about male-female relationships, at least in the current time period. I had still not quite figured out the relationship of the sexes in the past because I was far less familiar with the causes of conflict and why females thought so differently in the past.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.