The Mystery Girl - Cover

The Mystery Girl

Copyright© 2015 by Lapi

Chapter 1

"Fine, just fine Josey! (Her agent) I hope her new 'boy toy' can do more for her than post nude pics on the Internet. Oh, and Josey, don't bother sending over some replacement 'Starlet' that needs exposure; I do have some pull with the studio on whom I 'date'."

I hung up the phone. I started to try to destroy the room, actually just the out-takes that were on the couch. Brandy had been 'perfect'. In three movies, I had always gone home to the 'mystery' woman. Not at all the suave, debonair playboy image but it was one that got a 'PG' rating for the films and not the "R' or 'NR'. With 'Awards' being great to have on a 'R' film, getting $150-$180 Million, net per 'PG' film meant my 6% paid for a good dinner or two.

Brandy must have got greedy or stupid or both. It had already been orchestrated and planned out. 'What was that saying about a plan?' I would start 'dating' her and take her to nearly a dozen 'Demos', Sneak Previews, openings and promotions of my films. There would be pictures, rumors, gossip, stories and 'exposé's' about her being the 'mystery' woman in the past three films. Now that was pretty much a wash. She would be just another Hollywood starlet with nudes on the Internet. I don't know how much money those might make her, but I do know that if, and I mean if, everything went well, the next film would have 'introduced' a young new starlet. Even if it only got her at least $1.25 or as much a $2 Million per film, it would be a better way to start a career. I probably should have told her that, now though 'What a waste!'

The phone was ringing. It had to be the fifth or sixth call from the studio brass maybe my agent maybe not. I had told them all not to worry about anything that I would be bringing my date, the 'Mystery' girl with me if we went ahead with the promo events. That no, it was not Brandy and they would have enough time for contracts and to get photos and prints made of us together. I reminded them that neither I nor her were under 'contract' for anything more or the new films next year and once her photo was exposed, she became the 'mystery' girl, with or without me. It was my private cell though and I did not recognize the number or the name showing on the display.

I answered "Hello!"

"Michael, how could you do this to us, to me, why did you dump me for that that Bitch?"

I was stunned. "Say that again, put more feeling into it and sniffle a little at the end of the call.

"What, who is this; is that you Michael?"

"No, but just do as I ask, will you please, I like what I am hearing and have an idea for solving my problem. Now, just repeat what you said."

She did, then again and I was now hooked on her voice. I had my 'Mystery' girl.

"Okay. Do you have a camera on your phone? You do! Great send me a front and side picture and text me your information. I'm hoping you would be perfect for me."

"And who the Hell are you and what have you done with that 'Bastard' that dumped me before the Prom?"

Ugh, Oh! 'Warning! Warning Will Robinson!' flashed through my mind. "Oh! Just how old are you?"

"Why!"

"Because I want to buy you for the rest of the year, maybe longer."

"Buy me, just who the Hell do you think you are, some Middle East Prince?"

"Me, hopefully your 'Date' for about a dozen promo events and some associated appearances."

"What kind of a girl do you think I am anyway? How many pictures did you want and how much did you say the pay was?"

"I think you are my 'Mystery' girl from the 'Nomo Movies'. When I see your pictures, I'll know for sure and if you work with me, you'll get $140,000 this year and all expenses, including new clothes and things to go with them. All you need to do is smile a lot, dress well and look pretty. If things work out you and I will make another movie together next year as my 'Mystery' girl. By the way, who are you and how did you get my number?"

"I'm Monica, Monica Stuart, and I was dialing my boyfriend, ex boyfriend who dumped me before the Prom. I, I got you instead. Is this some joke or what?"

"No, not at all, I'd call it 'Fate' or luck, good luck for both of us. My previous selection for the 'Mystery' Girl decided to bare all on the Internet. In a way, I was dumped too. I need someone who will become my 'Mystery' girl who is unknown yet in Hollywood. As I said, I am willing to buy you for about a dozen events this year. If you are as gorgeous as your sexy voice sounds, you got the job, that and having long dark hair that is."

Monica, look, send those pictures to this cell. I have your number on my caller ID; you also have mine, write it down. Call me back in 15-20 minutes. Where are you? Near LA, I hope. If I like the pictures you send, I'll have transportation for you. If you are not in LA I'll pay for any flight and a room, in your name at the Bel Air Hotel."

"I'm In Vegas and have school on Monday!"

"A private plane will meet you at McLaren then fly you to LA's private field, a car or a helicopter will take you to your hotel. Bring a good dress and things to match, we will have a nice dinner and discuss if you will be willing to help me. At this point, if you're at least 18 and willing to be flexible you got a job."

"I just sent some pictures I already had on my phone. Why the sudden change Mr., Mr.; hell I don't even know your name!"

"Because, I am in a real bind, I like your voice, and we have three events this summer in August and some conventions starting in September? Not a whole lot of time left to get ready. The studio is already on me about things. We need pictures taken, and then approved, and they want a Promo Video shot to give away. You will need a SAG card, some clothes and by February next year an agent if you want to pursue a film series with me. If you decide to leave after the first picture, you need to tell the studio or me by July 1 next year so 'they' can adjust the scripts. I should not tell you this but if you decide to do all three movies, you will be making between $3.75 and $6 Million for the three films plus any expenses including cars, clothes, travel and lodging; not bad for 5 years of your life if that helps?"

"I'll be 16 on June 8, after the Prom! Are you kidding me or something?"

I'm Will Robinson; you can call me Bill or Will but never a liar! Monica, I need you to help me on this, at least until the end of this year. Your parents or guardian need to sign for you since you are a minor. You will need a passport, shots and you will have use of several of my places to stay or visit later, 'no strings attached'. You can still live in Las Vegas until the new film shoots, this year, most trips until the last one will mean Friday to Monday for eleven appearances. The last one is in France and we will need to be there 7 to 10 days."

"We?"

"Yep, that is the 'bad' part; you need to 'pretend' you and I are dating. We will have separate bedrooms but for the rest of the 'world' to see we will appear on the 'brink' of becoming married. I got your pictures, you already look older; with makeup, and new clothes people will guess your age at 20 to 21. I am 24 so it will look real. You need to explain that to your parents, it is all acting.

They will need to ignore the rumors, phone calls, news hounds and paparazzi. All the $140,000 can be transferred to any bank you want at $20,000 per month starting in June or on any other schedule to minimize any taxes for you. All your expenses will provide for and are in addition to these monies. I can't promise you even one film but if you stay, the studio will have a lot invested and be foolish to pass on you. You will get a signing bonus next year and money for clothes and things if you agree to the role. Everything else I can't think of, what I have told you were what the studio and I agreed upon to give to the girl I had in mind earlier. The previous films, by the way were all 'PG' rated as will be the next three if I am in them. No nude scenes or sexual content and you will need to sign a confidentiality agreement and a 'Code of Conduct' with a 'morals' clause in the contract. You lose any monies due if you violate them."

"Wow!"

"Oh! I get to select my date for this year; if your parents sign, you have the job. It's in my previous contract already. For this year and next we would both have to sign new agreements. Your parents need to sign those too. In California you need to be 18 for it to be a valid contract."

"In Las Vegas, when I turn 16 I will become 'emancipated', my parents are divorcing and both have already signed before a judge for this to happen."

"My, you are full of surprises Monica. Are you sure you are only 15?"

"Yes and unloved by my Mom and step-father too. They agreed to a $30,000 per year fund for me until I turned 18 and that would continue if I went to college; cheap huh? When my prom 'date' found out that was all I would get; he dumped me."

"I don't think that was smart Monica. I will also provide you another $30,000 a year if you decide to go to college movie or no movie contract. I like your style and can afford it."

"You are serious, aren't you?"

"Yes I am. I know what it is like to have no one to turn too and I want you to enjoy your youth and not make a mistake to support yourself as someone I know did. I would have done the same for the girl before you but I never had a reason to tell her that. I'm rectifying that mistake with you."

"Change of plans based on what you just told me. Will you be out of high school this year or next?"

"This year."

"Do you want an apartment here? I'll pay for the expenses for you even if you pass on the deal for the next seven months."

"Why would you do that?"

"Because I am able do that! At $2,000 a month or so your an investment and maybe someday when your rich and famous you can help someone else out. I live a simple life, have no real expenses and as I said your considering doing this really helps me. We will wait to sign a contract after your emancipation. The place to stay can be an apartment in LA if you wish or I have a better place in Maui and a flat in Nice, France. You can use them; I won't bother you at any of those places. They are available options right now for you to use."

"Will you 'take' me to the prom?"

"Why not? We'll make them all take notice. Give me you bank account and routing number and I'll wire you some funds for clothes and things. I forgot your age. If you need to wait to open one in your name only I'll sent you a post-dated check for after you are legal. Since the Prom is before then that won't work. Sorry talking to myself there. Let me see if there is a place, you can go for some cash. I want you to buy everything you need for your night on the town. I'll arrange everything else including dinner and dancing. Maybe some wine but nothing else; you are still a 'minor' sweetie."

"I hope you won't be 'late' dear or stand me up."

"Not a chance dear! I need your help so expect to be wined and dined but our 'date' has to remain a 'PG' rated event. Text me all the information, location, times, addresses, closest 5-star Hotel and if you need more funds whoever gives you the initial cash will provide you with more, just show the receipts to her."

"A her, huh?"

"A dealer at a well known Casino in Vegas, her name is Judy and she will call you to pick a place. Talk to her also, about my meaning of 'no strings attached', I am paying her a little money for college, but only as a friend."

"Gee, you want to 'adopt' me before the judge says I am an adult?"

"Now how would that look, you 'dating' your father?"

That would be better than a Mother tossing her own daughter aside for sake of a third husband."

"Yes it would, but my dear, actually though they say incest is best you know? Let me think about that a bit?"

"You should get a move on it, my birthday is next month."

"Sweet thing, you have a lot to think about now. Remember nothing depends on the other. The prom is a done deal, so is you having a place 'of your own' to stay in. College is up to you; my attorney will pay if I'm not around. Our deal for this year is in your hands; next year concerning the movie role it is the Studio's call to decide both 'our' fates."

I called my 'buddy' Judy, in Vegas. I had to leave a message. No active cell or communications allowed incoming or outgoing at a Casino. I called and left a text message then called her apartment. Her roommate Bonnie answered. She would tell her I called when her own shift would start in 40 minutes.

I did call the attorney and made certain arrangements for Monica. I next called the studio and told them to finalize a new contract for a Miss Monica Stuart, provide her a list of agents that had starlets already under contract and ready 'SAG' to issue a card to her. No sooner had I ended that call; my cell rang. It was Judy returning my call. "Hi gorgeous, you decided to 'dump' that 'BFF' of yours and try the 'other team'?"

"Aww! I though you just were 'in trouble' and needed some 'female' advice?"

"Actually in a way I do. How are things going with the job and school?"

"Not really the best time for you to ask me that question Bill. I feel like a 'kept' woman but without the benefits. Our hours have been cut back a lot, enough to lose the insurance. I know why too! If it was not for the money you have been sending I don't know what we would do. Our 'Pit Boss' suggested that if we were a bit more 'friendly' to her, well things might be better for us. As it is I was thinking about becoming a real doctor out here but now a Nursing degree and a job is looking better all the time."

"How fortuitous I called. I made an offer to another 'young lady' to pay for her college. She lives in Vegas too and I need a favour for her."

"Right arm or left arm? Do Bonnie and I both have to 'change teams' or are you having 'the operation'?"

"Nothing so dramatic Judy; I am offering her $30,000 a year while in college, I think you deserve the same, I think you and Bonnie both will be getting 'gifts' from people, so no taxes. Effective now, expect those each year and get your 'MD' degree, in exchange I a need a simple thing or two done."

"Your 'out of luck' if 'we' have to name a 'first born' after you?"

"Ha! Very Funny! I need you to talk with her about getting involved with me and give her the extra money I'll wire into your account, Okay?"

"Outside of taxes, which 'gifts' take care of; it should be no problem. If she comes down to the Casino, I can show her around and 'Comp' her room and the meals using your name if that is that all right?"

"Ahh, dear heart, small problem she is not old enough to get in! Could you call her and arrange to meet somewhere else. The funds should be in your account by tomorrow at the latest. "$30,000 is for you, $30,000 for Bonnie and $10,000 for Monica for the Prom. Would you also help her pick out a nice dress and girl stuff for the prom? I will be her 'date' or escort or whatever."

"You dog you! Just who is this 'DATE' and how old is she?"

"Her name is Monica Stuart and she is 'xx' years old."

"What was that 'you dog', I could not hear what you said, and it must be a 'bad' connection? 'Thank You, Thank You, Thank You' by the way you have no idea what this means to 'us'."

"Call her at aaa.aaa.aaaa and mention me. Buy yourself a new car too, just let me know how much and no Ferrari or Lamborghini.' Her name is Monica Stuart. See you; soon to be Doctor Judy."

"Not so fast 'buster', how old is she?"

"15!"

"Bill, you can't, even in Vegas, not everything 'Stays in Vegas'; even here she is a 'minor'."

"Don't get your panties all soiled, Judy. Keep this under your 'bra' or whatever you wear these days; she is going to be my 'Date' this year, maybe my 'co-star' for my next movie and a judge in Vegas is going to 'emancipate' her next month as an 'adult', Okay?"

"Okay, but 15, man that is 'kinky!"

"Call her, I 'LUV' you 2."

After I hung-up, I had to reflect a bit. Today had been an expensive day, but I could not remember when I had a happier one. Between residuals, net profits on the last film and a small percentage of Gross on the first two, my 'investment' was netting me $760-$840,000, a year after taxes. (Investments were earning 11-28%) I did not have to work another day of my life. I already kept $2,000,000 out as cash, no exposure there. I should be 'Okay' no matter what!

I lived in a modest house in 'LA', a large flat in 'Nice' and a decent sized condo on 'Maui'. I drove a 3-year old BMW 5-Series and usually flew commercial when it was on my dime, so not very 'showie'. Many considered me a 'recluse'. I had no real friends, only business associates. Even the creation of 'The Mystery Girl' was due to me not knowing anyone for the role I wanted. Sad perhaps.

Later that day my bank took my email with the scanned check and wire transferred the funds to Judy's account. Later that day my cell made the sound of a new text message. It was from Judy. 'Got the money, 'Thanks a Million'. I was not sure how I would get that much money but my bank seemed very agreeable."

I was not thinking, I sent her $100,000 it was for the three for college. Now though a bit of extra funds. No wonder the bank was nice to her.

I got a call the next day. It was Judy, Monica and Bonnie calling from a table at a 'Denny's' on speaker.

"Well 'Buster', here is another fine mess 'we' have gotten you into."

"What happened?"

"I got the cash out for Monica and figured Bonnie or I could use my debit card for the extra you sent if she needed more. When I got to her house to pick her up to shop, all Hell seemed to break out. When she came to the door, some guy asked 'if either of us was Miss Monica Stuart? I said yes then pictures were being taken and a contact for films during the next five years was stuck in my face. It was for $1 Million each up to 3 movies and a $250,000 signing bonus. So, not being a fool, I signed, Judith Stevens, and scratched out Monica Stuart on both copies. It was the Nomo Studio you are always talking about and the used your name. They were both too busy staring at the young 'cutie' at the door still in her bra and panties to notice what I was doing. If they post or publish a picture of her, as a minor, they are in so much trouble Bill. Happen to know any good lawyers in LA Boss? I will enjoy that signing bonus too. Oh, just so you know, we are both keeping the 'cutie' with us so you can't have her but we can 'share' with you."

"I take it you will become the 'Three Musketeers' now?"

"You don't sound upset or surprised Boss?"

"Nope, I knew there were several 'Rats' at the studio and when Monica seemed more interested in the Prom than anything else; I expected something like this. Monica dear, I still will be there for your Prom and like Judy and Bonnie; you will get some 'gifts' if you go to college. I might just offer Brandy's name up to the Studio too, it would serve them right. Call Leon Silverman at xxx.xxx.xxxx and tell him what happened. Mention my name, have a scan of that contract emailed to him and ask him to notify the legal beagles at my 'former' studio that if they use any pictures of the minor child Monica Stuart he will see them in court.

He should have them remit your new 'signing bonus' to him in LA via certified check within 30 days or the studio will face a default judgment. After the Prom, I'm taking the three of you out for dinner in Vegas I'm then going on a long vacation. Leon has my 'POA' and Fran Schmidt is my accountant, if you need money while I am away, she is also his daughter. Call Leon if you want to use any of my places if I don't answer my cell. I'll plan to call 'The Three Musketeers' at least once every three months so if you change numbers or the address let Leon know it. I needed a push like this to do something else, I am definitely not upset and who knows when 'Cutie' becomes 'Legal' we can consider that 'sharing'. Thanks 'guys'."

"You're really not angry are you?"

"I am at the asses at the Studio, not at you three. Hey, suggest to Leon that for $5 Million Judy will become the Mystery Girl and do the Promos this year, since she is 'capped' for the films already. I'll suggest her name before I leave. Someone at the Studio will get a lot of attention when I won't sign a new contract. This is priceless."

I called Leon and Fran and told them both what I wanted done. By 5 pm, the excrement hit the rotating blades, big time. I left my cell on, but had voice mail indicate that I was unavailable, on an extended holiday and not expected back for at least 18 months. I let the messages queue up until the response was that my mailbox was full. I would forfeit the remainder of salary for that year a promo contract would bring but now was free of that, and that was all they could do to me, everything of the residuals for the three previous movies would continue.

To add fuel to the fire, I called to have my LA house sold and rented a place in Baja until Monica's Prom time. I called Leon and Judy each day to see what was happening. Leon had notified the Studio of my decision to leave and named Judy for the Mystery Girl position since they obviously already gave her a contract.

That the brass at the Studio wanted to see me and could not locate me anywhere did my heart good to hear. Leon and Judy both got a call from Max Flummery the Studio President; it was not a surprise. Both gave him the same answer, an act that was not very pleasant and maybe not even 'legal' in most States. Judy got her sign on bonus from the studio. Leon filed for and got a 'cease and desist order' to protect the rights of the minor child, Monica Stuart and heads started to roll at the Studio soon after.

There were many great hotels in Vegas. Judy's apartment seemed a better choice though. In two or three nights, I would be gone and sleeping on a couch and it was not a bad thing to hide there. Monica, (Now a Musketeer) Bonnie and Judy all tried to give me back the money. None tried very hard and I did not want any back, I figured they could use it.

The Prom itself was disappointing except for the buzz around school and the look on her ex boyfriend's face. Monica became the subject of a few conversations after that. The four of us did have dinner together, Judy picked out a car, a powder Blue Fiat Metro. I told Bonnie and Monica to buy one too and wrote out a check for all three, like under $50,000. I left to continue my long overdue holiday.

I headed south to Scottsdale, got checked in at the Country Club and hit the golf course. Needing clubs and the whole kit, the Pro Shop was my first stop.

I guess the Pro was too busy to waste his time with a youngster when there were so many wealthy shoppers around (1). Some girl was also looking. When I saw her, I too started looking, not at the golf gear though. She spoke.

"Do you know anything about golf? I'm sorry, I am not usually so forward, but I need a Caddy for the Pro-Am on Thursday. I have my LPGA card but since I will not be entering the tournament no one wants to waste their time to help me?"

"Yes, I know a little about Golf, have played some. (Had a 3 handicap at Pebble Beach so knew a few things, had played Golf since I was 12) I could Caddy for you, but why not play the tournament; are you any good?"

"As an amateur I usually won. When I got my LPGA card, I can't afford any large entrance fees. This next one is $25,000. No can do that! I just play the small stuff for now; I'm still young they tell me."

She did look young, but this blonde bombshell would put those others to shame. Maybe it was the Movies in me but this girl could grace any number of magazines or modeling jobs.

"If someone paid your entrance fee, what could you do?"

"Ha! Sure. If I would play, top three for certain. My worst score this last year is 'Par'."

"Okay, let's enter, you got the fee and are stuck with me as a Caddy. Win the Pro-Am and win this tournament then we'll see where we go next."

"You've got to be kidding me?"

"Who do I make the check out to and do you need any new clubs or things. I wrote out a check for $25,000, and one for $10,000 signed them and handed them to her with the 'To' name spaces left blank. Okay, practice today and tomorrow with your new clubs and what time Thursday do you want me here. I am at the Hotel at the Club, Will Robinson, or Bill to my friends, and you are?"

"Stunned; amazed even! You don't even know me or if what I'm telling you is true or not? I'm, Valerie Voss, Val to my friend but you can call me anything you like. I've seen you before, haven't I?"

"Okay, 'Sam' then, a good golf name; I think 'we' are going to show you off on Thursday then that Tournament too. I don't think we have ever met before and that is my loss. You are a beautiful lady."

"Smooth Bill, isn't this where you give me your room number and ask me over."

"No, it is a suite and today you need to register for the Tournament, go to the bank, cashed that check and practice with your new clubs. If you win on Thursday, you make burgers and fries for dinner, if not then you make beans and franks, either way I win, free food for me."

"Why are you doing this?"

"What is it with you girls, something you read about in Cosmo or learn in Scouts? You all say the same thing when I try to be nice!"

"Maybe because when a guy tries to be nice, it means more than being nice. He expects 'Quid Pro Quo'!"

"Yeah, in my old work there was a lot of that. From what my friend Judy tells me that attitude is in other places too. I don't do this often and when I do the phrase, 'No Strings Attached' usually follows. In your case though, I can't rightly say I would not welcome your company sometime, but not because of this."

She had a blank look on her face. It was almost as if she wanted to ask or say something.

"I'll stop by tomorrow. We can have lunch and you can suggest what kind of clubs I should get, mine are elsewhere."

She hit my arm. "Why are you doing this?"

"Ouch! Attack, abuse. Oh the pain. For that hit you owe me 2 dinners now. Simple answer to why, because I can. I perhaps made an assumption that you are a Miss, without any 'SO', might fall madly in love with me and if not the offers still stand and I'll try to be nice to you, but my heart will be broken."

"It's is Miss, I have no 'SO', I live with my Mom and Dad and I know I have seen you before. Not sure you can call it 'instant' love yet, but you are unique, I'll say that."

"Whew! Maybe you saw me on the golf courses or at the clubhouse, but believe me I would remember someone as gorgeous as you are if we had met before. Unique I can live with until we have burgers, a man has certain 'standards' how he like his wife to cook things."

That seemed a good response.

"What if I don't win?"

"Easy, beans and franks for dinner. Then we try again. Then we try repeatedly until you win. Don't worry about the money, you won't need to pay me back and just think no Caddy fee either."

She was there the next day.

"Before this goes any further, my Mom and Dad want to meet you and hear what you want from me and why you would do this."

"Okay, 'Mc Duff', lead on, but did you get the new clubs and register for the Tournament yet."

"Almost, the Pro let me use a better set than I have to try before I buy anything. They are expensive and I have not registered yet. Mom and Dad won't let me take your money until they talk to you."

"I have one question, are we having lunch here or at your house?"

Another hit, on the same arm again. She really looked cute in that short skirt.

"I get to drive; you navigate and you call home to find out if they want to meet someplace else or at your home?

"I'll drive; we can eat baloney sandwiches at home."

"Yes Ma'am, Sir! Can I have a root beer with that too?"

Another hit, the left arm this time. She held her arm poised for me to escort her.

"I have seen you; you know? I just can't remember where it was at."

The drive to her home was quiet. She lived about 40 minutes away in Mesa. It was an apartment and not that big. If I had to guess, her parents had sacrificed a lot to help her get to where she was at today.

Betty and Robert (Call me Bob) Voss were something else. They must have prepared a list of questions for me all night. They never had a chance to ask any though. As we went inside, Val was holding onto me as if she was drowning. One look at her face though, mine too probably, anyone could see there was maybe something special going on between the two of us. I think there was.

"Hi Betty and Bob! I'm Bill, your daughter's new caddy. I understand you might have some questions for me?"

Betty looked at Val, and then at Bob, he looked at his daughter too and just shook his head no. I might have seen a tear on Betty.

"Whew! I'm glad, I thought maybe you had some tough golf things to ask me? Val said we were having lunch. I think you both have a guest suite at the Hotel since Val is playing in both the Pro-Am as well as the Tournament. Right Val?"

Her head nodded in agreement, that was about all she could manage. "Bob, why don't you and I go outside, I heard a noise in my car, wonder if you look at it too while the girls make lunch?"

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.