Going Down
Preface

Copyright© 2015 by Gary Jordan

Science Fiction Sex Story: Preface - Six days in May, 2001, in the lives of the crew and families of the CSS (Confederate States Ship) Robert E. Lee, SSN 507. "Wives to love, children to cherish, and a future to plan and build. What more could a man desire? Life is good."

Caution: This Science Fiction Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Fa/Fa   Mult   Consensual   Romantic   Lesbian   BiSexual   Heterosexual   Fiction   Science Fiction   Group Sex   Polygamy/Polyamory   Oral Sex   Anal Sex  

Clear
High—84°F
Low—73°F
Humidity 80%
Chance of Rain—20%
Wind 9 mph (N)
Sunrise 6:18 AM Sunset 20:10 PM

Waverly, Virginia, 20:00

Every story has a real life backstory. This story is no exception. It was originally part of a challenge to write about an alternate universe created by a single changed decision; some pivot point in history which changed the world we live in in some way.

"Fine," I thought. "I can write that." In my senior year of high school (class of '69), I had read a book—more a long essay—entitled If The South Had Won The Civil War by M. Kantor. Combine this with the fact that in several newsgroups, I occasionally posted, in a humorous fashion I hope, as though a Confederate Nuclear Submarine armed with "torpeanuts" was rising to "throw peanuts" at a particularly odious pun. I had a ready-made crew to base my story on.

If I had written that story, Captain John Carter, a clean-limbed fighting man of Virginia, would have ignored orders to stop pursuit after the battle of Manassas (Bull Run to damnyankees) because he had a "hot" letter from his lover in Washington (a Miss Thoris, of course, a visiting Mormon Patriarch's daughter), and was eager to see her. Other units, in hot blood, would have followed and Washington would be captured. The pivot point would have been the episode of lovemaking that inspired Miss T. to write a letter so hot that a rebel officer disobeyed orders and accidentally won the war.

This isn't that story.

Historians are quite fond of pointing out, using the 20/20 hindsight of the microscope of time, the enormous number of pivotal points in battles, campaigns or wars. Civil War historians especially point gleefully and highlight the many ways in which the outcome could have been quite different. The South had superior leadership, but the North had superior numbers and materiel. But none of that is important. This story takes place 140 years later. The Confederacy won that war. In enticing other states and territories to secede, they legalized polygamy. It brought in Utah and southern Idaho and changed the society in ways unanticipated by the framers of that law.

What's that? Farfetched, you say? So what? It's fun!

Another bit of fun is acknowledging some of the people who encouraged me to finish this story. They may not share the concept, but they encouraged the writing thereof. Desdmona encouraged me to write; she always has. Girl Friday did the same. I think she rolls her eyes at my polygamous society. Alexis has always been supportive. Denny, my editor, snorts a lot at the entire idea. But he proofs my most egregious errors anyway. And to all the fans who asked "When are you going to write more? I like it," I say "THANK YOU!"

Chapter 1 »

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.