LAX - Cover

LAX

Copyright© 2015 by Lapi

Chapter 1

LAX, as always, was a zoo. It wasn't even that late and the weirdoes were already out that night. The would mean either it was a long weekend coming up or California was going to fall off into the sea.

I really did not care what the reason was; I was at that point in my life I no longer cared. Work was just that, work. When I started the money, pretty girls, flying all over the world, did I say the money, was like a narcotic. I never looked back.

Before I knew it like years had past, travel was a bore and the women got too old too fast. I found my bank balance growing, along with my waist and the amounts owed on my credit cards each month. For the right price, one could buy whatever companionship you wanted.

I guess looking in that rearview mirror on the way back to the apartment was not the image I wanted to see looking back. Apartment, yep, first a house, then a condo and now an apartment made sense when you were gone someplace else 47 of 52 weeks a year.

La Cienega Blvd in Los Angeles seemed to have everything, the good, bad, ugly and everything else in between. After another long trip I had to decide if I wanted to fight traffic or wait here for food, over-priced, small portions and tasteless food. My thought was that wonderful crap the airline served might have been as good as I was going to get tonight at an eatery there.

For those who have driven in New York City or Chicago, I can only say that LA traffic is worse. It is the only place in the USA that had traffic jams at 3 am and CHPD pulling you over for going too-slow if you were only going 15 mph over the speed limit. Bangkok and Tokyo driving was worse though, why most everyone took those silver bullets to work. Apartments for a westerner in Tokyo, were $100,000 to $200,000 a month in Tokyo proper.

When I first came to LA, I asked the Real Estate people for a 4 bedroom, 3 bath house on a nice flat acre lot near the water. Their answer, after they stopped laughing was that Las Vegas had lots(Pun maybe) of those, but no oceanfront but a lot of flat land.

Malibu and $3,850 a month plus utilities, fees and parking per month got me a small 1 bedroom with a window overlooking a parking lot. 'Such a deal' people were telling me. I pulled into my complex. No garage, I used a rental car when I was here all those 5 weeks a year.

Right now I was rethinking that Las Vegas option, no oceanfront or not. However, there was a real benefit to living here. California girls were unlike anywhere else in the world. I was certain you could find some companions as 'interesting' anywhere in the world, but if you took a 100 at random, most of them here were winners. They probably did not make the best wives though but they were 'interesting' to look at and be with.

The three sitting on their suitcases in front of the building as I found a place to park were like that. I looked at them.

I got out of my 'rent a wreck' took my 23.56 pounds of dirty clothes from the back seat and started to go into the lobby. I thought I had seen at least one of the girls in my building. Like I said, I had not been around much the past few years.

"Hey, I don't recall there is a shuttle to the airport if that is what you are waiting for. It's not that far so I can drive you if you wait a few while I change my clothes?"

One started to cry. The Redhead just looked down and the blonde spoke up. "Yeah, just find a hole and bury us. Life 'sucks'."

"Maybe it's none of my business, no, I know for certain it's not my business but, what's wrong?"

"Your right, said Red, it's none of your business?"

Knowing retreat (a strategic withdrawal) when facing superior forces is the reasonable option, I turned back towards the apartment building entrance and marched double-time away.

I heard, "We got kicked out of our apartment?" I turned back and all three were tearing up some. I took a deep breath. I walked to them, sat down on my suitcase next to them and gave out a deep sigh.

"Well, what are 'we' going to do now guys?" I mumbled.

That got me three looks and a hit on the arm and a huge smile from Red. "Right, what are 'we' going to do?"

"May I suggest something that I have found solves all of life's problems?"

From Blondie, "Go ahead Galahad, 'wer're-a' listening!"

"Well, food, maybe followed by some shopping, then sleep, things always look better in the morning with a new day?

Up until now the downcast brunette had never said a word.

"And just what 'casting couch' do you plan on screwing us on, yours?"

"That's not a bad idea but I just spent the better part of the day getting back here, I'm tired, hungry and don't think I would survive a 'casting call' with even one of you. Look. I'll make you a deal, you cook, all three of you get the bed, I'll take the sofa and we'll see what we can do Monday. If you need a place to stay after then, at worst I'll probably be gone again by next week anyhow, so you'll only have to put up with my snoring a few nights."

"You can look around and see what else is around to rent or whatever. Now, here is some money ($200), get some food for us, here is a set of extra apartment and car keys now once you take your stuff up go shop for dinner, I need to shower while you get all the food ready, I have been gone like three months so we have nada in the fridge."

They all looked at me like I had several heads with horns growing out of them.

I held the door open. "Come, Schnell, 'Chop Chop', left, right, left, right march."

Surprisingly my new little troop of soldiers got up and marched inside.

I opened the apartment door to 90 plus days of a smell like something died.

"OKAY, troop, new plan."

I took out my cell, made a call and got a suite at the Beverley Hills Hotel.

Back to the car we go, food, bath, beds and sleep elsewhere and you each get your own bed 'me'lovlies; 'Harr', using my not so impressive pirate voice.

"But we don't have..."

"Take your stuff, whatever else you need for tonight we can buy and what you need but cant find the hotel will get it for you."

"Where are we going?"

"Beverley hills; can one of you drive while I call maintenance and see what died in my place?"

"We don't have much money and that is too..."

"Look, I'm tired, hungry and right now a bed at any price sure beats what I have had to sleep on the past few months, so relax, as Jimmy would say, 'Be Happy' it's on me gang."

The trunk got four bags, Red was driving and I got on my phone.

"Where in Beverly Hills Boss man?"

"Second, Marge. The Beverly Hills Hotel on Sunset."

It really wasn't a 'rent a wreck' but the American 2-door looked out of place when we pulled up even though it was a convertible.

"Suite, 237. Francesco and guests. We need some things, so if you can take our bags up we'll shop then get our key cards at the desk. We won't need the car until late tomorrow, I think."

"Yes Sir!" From the Bellman. I slipped him a twenty.

I think Red might have seen it.

I motioned him back. "Could you have some snacks and cold drinks for 4 sent up too? I handed him another twenty.

"Yes Sir!"

I really liked this hotel.

I marched my new troop to the shops. "Charge what you need to Suite 237 and have them send it up. I'll check in and get our cards and meet you back here?"

I got that look again. I also got a smile from Red.

Blondie started to say, "How much can we..."

Red tapped her arm and shook her head 'No'.

I think she was catching on. I know this, so far, today was the first time in over 5 years that I could honestly say I felt good about myself and what I was doing.

At the desk, I handed them my credit card. The girl that knew me, Sandi, was on today and asked me how long we were staying. I thought about it and asked if I could let them know Monday how much longer we would need the rooms.

This hotel was not The Mandarin or The Regency but the service was more than decent at least. I mentioned my guests were shopping and would be charging things to 237. Sandi noted it and said she would have everything sent up, there would be no problem. I nodded and went back to meet the girls.

Red was there waiting. I handed her a keycard. She asked me, "Why?"

"Easy, did this solve your problem, at least for awhile?"

She gave me 'The Look', you know the one girls and nodded. She was holding a small bag.

"They just charged this and handed it to me. I don't even know what it cost. She just put it in a bag and handed it to me."

"I sure hope it fits?"

That got me another hit to the arm, this girl could really hit.

Note: Never even hint to a girl that anything might not fit, even in jest.

I looked at the tiny bag and used my imagination as to what might be in it.

The other 'Three Musketeers' came floating in. I handed them each a card. "You find everything you needed?"

"Ha, like if I would like pay, like 100 times more for something here, then I found it, but they are crazier than I am." This from Blondie.

"Definitely not in the same world as Kohl's, no, not even in the same Universe. Thanks but no thanks I'm not paying $500 bucks for something to sleep in!"

I looked at what's her name, the Brunette, and nodded.

"I see somebody found something?"

"To swim in Sheila, I did not think my 'Birthday suit' would go over very well, on second thought though..."

"You can always use the Hot Tub in the room, I won't look, much!"

If looks could kill!

I used my cell. "Sandi, I need a little help here, my guests can't seem to find exactly what they need. Could someone help them shop here or nearby? Yeah, great, I'm beat. Send the things they buy to the room, I'll put their other bags in the main room so have someone come up, get them settled in and show them how to get things they want. I am about ready to crash. Great, I'll tell them, Thanks Hon."

I turned to Red. "Sandi will be over here to take you shopping and then show you around the rooms. It may only be 4:00 pm or so here, but my body thinks it is Midnight or something. Order room service or have Sandi make your dinner reservations. We'll get your problem resolved at Malibu then you can go back to your old place, stay here or use mine once they find what died until you find someplace else."

"Right, you know what they say about picking up 'strays', don't you?"

When this story gets more text, you will need to Log In to read it

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.