Earth's Core - Cover

Earth's Core

Copyright© 2016 by Lonahora

Chapter 17: Teacher In Life And Martial Law

Zax's temperament seethed like boiling water. From the first time they got back to the ring to now, this troubled girl has finally done it! Putting a show and blasting him away without a hint of carefulness brought immense desire to show her who is the better one.

"Her Qi is so strong", Zax admitted to himself. "But Take's no weaker". In that he was certain.

Just who was Take for Zax? No less than an older brother figure! And who was his Mor? None other than his big sister! Granted, ever since they made acquaintances Zax saw Take train strictly in accordance with to the guiding principles of the current stage that he tackled in the Radical Fiery Icy Provocation Qi refining technique and with barely any fuss like the one Masela just made. But, was this all? Far from it! From what which Zetsa enabled Zax to learn he could fully understand. That which Zetsa passed to her Tal was an advanced Qi refining technique that even she was a long way from mastering.

Did that brown skin girl trained in the same level technique? Even if she did Zax was confident with his evaluation and comparison of her to Take and so the conclusion came clear. "Take is superior to this brash girl, and so could I be!"

As the two silhouettes kept moving in speed too high for the naked eye to perceive accurately, Zax just stood there unshaken in the edge of the ring like an unmovable steel pillar. In terms of Qi, Zax never trained in any particular Qi refining technique and never could sense it on his own. For the first time in a fight Zax decided to rely on the force that he did trained.

How did one perceive the Qi or mist energy of the opponent? As a tool meant to enhance external capabilities of the body. In the early stages, which even Mist Users struggle to surpass, the Qi or mist energy can form a layer which raises a few levels the user's physicality and even the five senses. In other words, provide stronger external attacks and defense.

Zax could not use his Qi and was nearly a year far from attaining mist energy. What Zax had was an extraordinary strong soul!

Closing his eyes Zax sank into the depths of his consciousness. Confronting the blur that was his soul, Zax used his intent to tap into its power. A chilly light passed through his eyes when he opened them again and a serene smile indicated his satisfaction. Where there disadvantages for him to worry about? Certainly. Did he worry? Not one bit.

Similar to the one support factor of Qi and mist energy, not all utilizations of the soul's energy depleted it. To make it simple to understand, just like to contain a great amount of Qi and, more commonly, mist energy can the energies indefinitely improve the physical structure of the body by the natural refining of the mist energy or by certain techniques ... The benefits of soul training, to better sustain its growth, can and will naturally improve the outer and inner mind in addition to greatly influence not five but six senses.

From the F level of Mist Users, one became capable of dividing the perception of the outer and inner mind. The purpose of the outer mind is for daily use. Since the world move at a specific pace, one cannot always heighten the senses otherwise time would stand still. On the contrary, the purpose of the inner mind is to constantly be in maximum performances. Generally it may sound straining, but once a person becomes a Mist User the roles of the outer and inner mind emerged as second nature.

Zax's soul had not reached that of a F level Mist User, which is why he had to borrow more of its energy to push himself close enough just like Masela forced herself a burst of power, only his change was not visible by none experts.

"Now I see you". Zax thought. He did not simply "saw" them as the words implied. His utilization of the soul was two levels higher than Masela's best and Clergyman's current outer mind. As Zax saw them they were no better than hyperactive snails, which were still snails.

"Ninety nine tile, forty two tile, seventh tile, eleventh tile, tenth tile..." Wherever Masela and Clergyman stepped, Zax outer mind already was there. The ring had one hundred tiles and by reading their smallest gestures Zax could predict where they will stop, for how long and to which direction they will turn next.

Undeniably Zax's mind was a head of them, but there was one problem. Zax's advantage was only in his wide and fast perception. In terms of body movement, as highly talented as he was compared to the other kids in his pre Core School, now, the other kid had the support of Qi which put Zax's physical condition in Masela and Clergyman's view point at the same place as he put their mind...

"I'll wait. Clergyman ignore me, his eyes always shift to the man who caught me and that girl". He followed closely the action of the professional fighter first and then observed the girl who kept retaliating. "She exhausting herself too quickly, so stubborn ... Her speed is slowing down, seventeen seconds!"

Since Masela released her Qi in an explosive force virtually two minutes passed. The depleting Qi has put her in a tight position, just a bit more and her life will be at risk. Clergyman faced an even bigger crisis ... If anything will happen to this little girl because he pushed her too much he was sure that a calamity befall him right after. "Losing my life as a result of a fight with a coreless kid!" At long last beads of sweat began to dirty his face. "It is your daughter's life on the line, Mr. Majid, hurry up and permit me to end the fight!" His eyes screamed but Mr. Majid remained indifferent to his pleading.

"Just one more second". Zax's waiting period came to an end. He made his move.

Masela attempted to dodge but it was a faint, she panicked for a second, lost her footing and stumbled back.

Clergyman could not raise his performances without letting some of the spectators and of course, Mr. Majid, notice the minuscule changes. He could not disgrace himself and so instead chose to act sneakily. He leaped forward to shorten the distance between him and Masela as much as possible and at the right moment, when it will be too intimate for others to notice, lock eyes and use a little hostile intent to frighten the fighting spirit out of the inexperienced girl in hope that her father, as well, will not be able to discover when they are up so close.

"Don't blame me". Clergyman meant for Masela. The gap between them was less than a meter and if not for her losing her footing Masela could have been more than just helpless.

"Eh?!" Suddenly Masela felt him. Zax made one step forward and was right behind her fleeting and slipping figure. The two were on a collision course.

"Not good!" Initially Clergyman counted on her moving two more steps back, so his body was already in motion to get closer. Now not only did he see the outcome of the collision, he also was about to be part of it. "The Young Masela Majid will definitely get badly hurt!" Unintentionally he succumbed to her Young Lady status.

This was all caused by a careless boy, a careless boy whom he ignored! Clergyman used the momentum of the leap to change his former initiative from a dash forward to a high jump. Masela's shoulders were in his grip range. He grabbed and lifted her to his chest as his body turned like a screw a hair length from Zax's head before hitting the ring's surface.

The sounds of the fifth floor fell silent after the crash sound of Clergyman's gigantic figure with the ring's surface. Zax was the only one standing, the first one to stand alone in ring one.

CLAP! CLAP! CLAP!

Dozens of clapping pairs of hands and cheers came from all around the ring. The disbanded crowd gathered again and praised the quick thinking, the stealth, the technique, and the execution.

"How benevolence!"

"Such talent!"

"Remarkable! Remarkable in every way!"

"Masela Majid, this is she is ten years old. Her Qi manipulation and the closing burst of power ... Are there any in the three schools that can rival her?"

"My son goes to one of the three schools. Unfortunately his progress is meager compare to Mr. Majid's daughter".

"Have you seen Clergyman's instantaneous deviation? He lowered his performances to fight equally with the Young Masela Majid, not relaying on his mist energy at all during the fight he managed to avert endangering her and the other boy with reduced physical capabilities".

"That took me by surprise as well. I think Mr. Majid was also ready to act and save his daughter".

"If it was some other pro fighter, he would have most likely needed to step in, haha..."

"Shame that boy had to interfere..."

"Innocence is bliss! Truly lucky he didn't get hurt".

"Child's innocence..."

The crowd laughed.

Zax did not paid attention to the crowd's biased criticism. He heard what they said but their words held no meaning, no insight to what really happened. There was one thing he did want to do, but suspected that it might be childish or less cool than when it played in his head.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.