The Amulets of Power V: A New Beginning
Chapter 1

Copyright© 2015 by Uncle Jim

Time Travel Sex Story: Chapter 1 - Following awakening in a grass field after an auto accident, Mike Barnett discovers a young woman from a separate accident a short distance away. It is the next day before he discovers that he is 110 years in the past, and it is much later before he learns that he is there to change history.

Caution: This Time Travel Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Consensual   Romantic   Heterosexual   Fiction   Science Fiction   Time Travel   Interracial   White Male   Oriental Female   Oral Sex   Petting   Pregnancy   Violence   Military  

The following characters appear in the first few chapters:

Colonel Sheppard

Commanding Officer, 46th Special Forces Company, 5'-11" tall, 200 pounds, 46 years old, graying hair, hazel eyes.

Sergeant Major

SGM of 46th Special Forces Company, 5'-10" tall, 200 pounds, 42 years old, black hair, brown eyes.

Mike Barnett

Master Sergeant (MSG), Special Forces, 6'-3" tall, 220 pounds, 37 years old, brown hair, blue eyes.

Chanthra

Thai, Amulet teacher, 5'-2" tall, 108 pounds, 34C-22-32, 21 years old, Long lustrous black hair, brown eyes, very cute.


Introduction

Place: Office of the Commander, Headquarters, 46th Special Forces Company, Lop Buri, Thailand.

Time: 1600 hrs, 10 Feb 1966

"I tell you, sir, it was the worst auto accident that I have ever seen," the Sergeant Major told his boss, Colonel Sheppard.

"It looked from the tire tracks like the driver of the car that Barnett had rented swerved to miss something in the road, and obviously didn't see the bus that was coming out of the curve way too fast.

The road in that area has a lot of blind curves.

"The bus must have hit the rear of the car, at least that is how the burned-out wreckage looked. The car spun away from the bus, and the driver was thrown out and killed. The bus careened into a ditch and overturned.

"The car rolled down the embankment on the other side of the road and appears to have spun around a couple of times before coming to a stop upside-down. Somewhere in there the gas tank developed a serious leak, and the car was burning by the time it stopped moving. They must have had close to a full tank of gas because the back part of the car was nearly melted, it got so hot from the fire. There had been an explosion early in the fire also, I was told.

"There were no real remains left of Barnett, just a few charred bones, but not enough to identify. There were some burned and melted blobs of steel that could have been the two pistols that he went to Bangkok to pick up. Again though, nothing was really recognizable. That had to have been one hell of a fire," the Sergeant Major finished.

"Two questions, Sergeant Major," Colonel Sheppard said, when he had finished.

"First: Was anyone on the bus injured?"

"There were a lot of bumps and bruises when the bus tipped over. Some people had bandages on their heads, and there were several broken arms including the bus driver's. Luckily, the bus didn't catch fire. I've seen several bus wrecks on that road that did catch fire after an accident," the Sergeant Major told him.

"Second: What was this explosion that you mentioned? Do we know what caused it?"

"We believe that it was the black powder for the pistols going off, sir," the Sergeant Major told him.

"Wait! What black powder? What kind of pistols was Barnett picking up?" the Colonel asked, confused.

"They were cap and ball revolvers that he'd had made special in Italy, sir. He showed me the drawings that he had made some time ago. What he had done was to copy the Walker Colt pistol from 1847, but he had added a strap across the top of the frame like the Remington 1858 pistol had. He told me that it made for a much stronger construction.

"He also changed the lock for the loading mechanism to one like the later Colt pistols had. He gave it a removable pin that the cylinder rotated on, so the cylinder could be changed easily like those of the Remington, and he had two cylinders made for each pistol for a total of twenty-four shots before he needed to reload the cylinders.

"He had a mold made to cast the same bullet used in the .45 ACP. It's heavier than the round ball that the gun usually used. One other thing that he had made was a separate loading device so that the empty cylinders could be reloaded without taking a gun out of action.

"You know, sir, that the Colt Walker was the most powerful revolver in the world until the .357 Magnum was introduced," the Sergeant Major finished.

"No, I wasn't aware of that, Sergeant Major. You seem to know a lot about them, though," the Colonel said with a smile.

"I've always been interested in the old cap and ball revolvers, sir," the Sergeant Major told him with a grin.

"I didn't know Master Sergeant Barnett very well. He sounds like quite a fellow," the Colonel said.

"Yes sir, he tended to stay away from the flagpole, but he was a real soldier, a real tiger, sir. He and Sawyer are both legends here in Southeast Asia, but only Sawyer is left now!" the Sergeant Major told him, somewhat sadly.


I came to on an area of grass. It was very soft I noticed, and my weight had mashed it down considerably, as the grass around me was about ten inches tall. These were the first things I noticed on finally opening my eyes.

"What the hell am I doing here!!?" I thought, as I opened my eyes to bright sunlight. Then it hit me, and I remembered the driver swerving, and seeing a flash of orange as one of the big Mercedes buses came right at us. Things went blank after that.

"We must have been in one hell of an accident, but what am I doing here on the grass? Had someone pulled me from the wreck?" I wondered.

Speaking of the wreck, where was it? Where was the road even? There should be voices or some other sounds, not this total quiet, unless my hearing had been affected, but then I heard some birds fussing at me here in the grass. I needed to get up, and find out what was going on.

At least, I needed to try to get up. I didn't feel any pain, and presumed that I hadn't been hurt, unless I was paralyzed! Well, now was the best time to find out, I thought, and went to sit up.

I was a little stiff, and the world stopped going around and around after a few seconds, but other than that I seemed to be no worse for the wear of being in an accident. The first thing that I did notice on sitting up was the two wooden cases that held the two revolvers that I had picked up in Bangkok, and the third case that held the separate loading attachment and also held extra supplies for the revolvers. Those guns and the extra loader had cost me a pretty penny, but they were definitely worth it to me, as someone who appreciated fine black powder firearms.

Each pistol had been supplied in a case made of well figured mahogany and it had been lined with velvet. In addition to the pistol itself, the case held the spare cylinder for that pistol, a brass powder flask, a container of percussion caps, and loose bullets, all in separate compartments. There was also a cleaning rod with a jag and a bristle brush, a small metal bottle for oil, a custom bullet mold, an 'L' shaped wrench for disassembling the pistol and changing the nipples, plus an extra set of Stainless steel nipples for each cylinder.

The case containing the loading assembly was a little larger than the pistol cases. In addition to the cylinder loading device, it also contained an additional large powder flask, containers of percussion caps, another complete set of nipples for both revolvers, and a container of grease to seal the chambers to prevent crossfire in the cylinders, and to lubricate the bullets.

I was really glad to see them because of the considerable investment that they represented, and I was glad that they hadn't been lost in the accident. Speaking of which, I needed to find out where it was, and what had happened.

I got to my feet without any trouble, and looked around, but there was no accident in sight. There were no signs of the vehicle that I had been traveling in, or the large orange bus that apparently hit us, and a bus that size is very hard to hide. There was a road here, sort of, but it wasn't the road that I had been traveling on, not by a long ways.

This road wasn't more than a bare dirt track with narrow tracks in it made by wheels of the type used on wagons or carts by the Thais. It ran through the grass without any paving or any real grading that I could see, and it looked more like a well-worn track through a field than a road. There were also the deposits left behind by the animals pulling the wagons.

I needed to find the accident and see what had happened, but this track wasn't going to be much help. A part of it disappeared around a hill, and the other end disappeared into the distance with no indication that it intersected any other road, and certainly not the two lane blacktop road that I had been traveling on. There were also no signs of any vehicles, wrecked or not.

I turned around to see if there was anything in the other direction, and all that I saw were trees and some bushes in that direction in addition to the grass that I had been lying on, but there was no indication of any road there either.

What I did spy under one of the trees, however, was what appeared to be a backpack; a large backpack like those used for long range patrols to carry all of the needed items. I walked over to it, and discovered that it was in fact a large backpack, and not just any backpack, but my own extra-large one!!

"How the hell did this get here?" I wondered to myself, as I checked it out. I had left it at the Thai Army camp in Korat where I was advising the Thai Army Rangers. How could it have gotten here, and who had packed it, I wondered?

A closer examination revealed that it contained the following items in the main compartment: two complete camouflage uniforms, a spare Beret, some underwear(?), a mosquito net, my other pair of jungle boots, a camouflage poncho liner, and toiletries.

Strapped on one side was my knife with a ten inch blade. In pockets on the other side were my large first aid kit, Halazone tablets, and in the large pocket at the bottom was money - strange looking money. There were Baht notes, but they certainly weren't the kind that were in use now, and that I was used to. These were larger in size, and of completely different colors and patterns than the notes in use now.

Additionally there were a large number of coins made of brass, silver and gold - Gold!! Nobody used gold in transactions in this day and age. Plus where had these strange Baht notes and the gold come from? They were all a kind that I had never seen before.

"This just keeps getting curiouser and curiouser!" I thought to myself, as I lifted the pack to put it on. When I lifted the pack, the two holsters attached to the web belt of the LBE became visible. (LBE - load bearing equipment) These were the holsters that I had made for the two revolvers, but what the hell were they doing attached to the LBE of my pack, I wondered? Thankfully my two canteens were also attached to the web belt, and more importantly, they were full.

I moved everything over to where the pistol cases were, and considered loading one of the revolvers for a minute, but didn't. I was sure that I would find the wreck just around the hill, and wouldn't need a pistol. There was just room in the pack for the three cases, and I put them inside before closing the pack up. I then picked it back up, slipped into the straps, and adjusted things until the load rode comfortably.

As I started around the curve of the hill, I noticed that the ground fell away quickly from the base of the several hills that the trail followed. What I didn't see, however, was any sign of the wreck or even a road, just a continuation of the trail.

"What the hell is going on here?" I wondered again for the third or fourth time. There was no road behind me, and now there was none in front of me. Where was I, or more importantly where were they? This whole thing just didn't make any sense.

I fished the compass on its lanyard out of the side pocket under my large knife on the side of the pack, and took a reading. Korat is North and East of Bangkok, and this trail seemed to be going in that general direction. I might as well follow it, since it would be easier than going cross country, and I should eventually come to a town where I could get some answers.

I hadn't gone far in my search for a town or anyone really, only around the first hill, when I came upon a young woman lying by the side of the trail that I was on. She appeared to be a small woman, as most Thai women aren't that tall. She was young, and dressed in traditional Thai clothing. She had on a Pah toong wraparound skirt, an inner short sleeved blouse, with a sabal, or shoulder cloth, over it. There were a straw hat, sandals, and a small bundle of clothing near her.

As I approached, she began to stir, and moaned.

"Are you all right?" I asked her in Thai.

"I don't know!" she replied, and seemed very confused. "What happened?" she asked.

"I have no idea of what happened to you, but I was in a vehicle accident," I replied.

"I was riding the train to Korat, and suddenly there was a great flash of lightning, and I woke up here, but where is the train?" she asked, and tried to set up.

"Oh, my head!" she moaned, and slipped back to the ground.

"Lie still for a few minutes, and you may feel better shortly," I told her, remembering my own awakening. She lay there for a short time taking deep breaths.

"Yes, I feel better now," she said after a time, and attempted to rise again, but still couldn't make it to her feet. I reached down to help her up, and she shrank back in panic.

"Nooo! You mustn't touch me," she pleaded in a panicked voice. "I am consecrated, and you will die if you touch me. The Amulets have decreed it," she finished in the same panicked voice.

"Amulets?" I asked in confusion.

"The Amulets of Power. I am on my way to Korat to instruct the women there in them," she answered in a somewhat calmer voice.

I had never heard of these Amulets, and having just come through what should have been a terrible accident myself without so much as a scratch, doubted that I would be killed by something worn around the neck on a chain or pinned to a blouse. Consequently, I reached out, took her hand, which she again tried to withdraw, and pulled her to her feet.

"Nooo, you should not have... !!" she started to say again in a panicked voice, but stopped as a curious look came over her face, and she froze in place for a few seconds with her eyes closed.

"OH!" she said after a short time with her eyes still closed, before they flew open, and she regarded me with a curious look for several more seconds. "Oh!" she said much more calmly.

"Are you all right?" I asked seeing her expression. I was still holding her hand and keeping her upright.

"Yes, I will be all right. Thank ... thank you for your help," she said quietly, and smiled as she regained her balance, and I released her hand.

"The Amulets spoke to me just now. They told me that you are to be my Champion and Guardian, and it is permissible for you to touch me. Thank you for your help again. My name is Chanthra," she said shyly.

I had no idea what her 'Amulets' were, or what she meant by me being her 'Champion', but went ahead to introduce myself. I was sure that I would learn everything soon enough.

"You're welcome," I said. "I'm Master Sergeant Mike Barnett. I'm the U.S. Army Adviser to the Thai Army Rangers in Korat. That is where I am headed back to."

"I did not know that were foreign advisers to the Thai Army. What are Rangers?" she asked.

"The Rangers are a specially trained Army unit that takes on tasks that the regular Army isn't trained for like raids, or infiltrating enemy territory. They are usually airborne and very highly trained," I told her. She didn't seem to recognize some of the words that I had used.

"Do you always wear those green clothes? I have never seen soldiers dressed like that," she told me instead.

"Yes, I'm with Special Forces, and we always wear camouflage fatigues, especially in the field," I told her, before changing the subject.

"Do you have any idea where we are?" I asked her.

"NO, I'm not familiar with this area. I have been studying at Wat Tai Yacum for the past four years. Before that I lived in Korat. I have always taken the train when traveling, and I am not familiar with the area between stations," she told me.

"Well, Korat is north and east of Bangkok, and this trail seems to lead in that direction. Sooner or later, we should come to a village and can get some directions," I told her.

"Are you well enough to walk?" I asked her next.

"Yes, I can walk. It is still early in the day," she said looking at the sun. "We should come to a village soon, or meet a farmer who can tell us where the nearest one is," Chanthra told me, as she reached down for her hat and the bundle of clothes after putting her feet in her sandals.

"Have you see any train tracks?" she asked.

"No, no train tracks, and no highway, or any vehicles. There isn't even the sound of any vehicles," I told her, as we continued along the trail through the surrounding grass.

We walked for the rest of the day before coming upon a young woman working in a rice field with several other young women.

"Sawat Dee, Ka," the young woman said with a large smile, a Wai, and a bow as we approached.

"Sawat Dee, Ka," Chanthra answered with a Wai, and a bow. "Can you tell us where the nearest village is?" she asked.

"Our village, Ban That, is fifty sen (two kilometers) along this path, Ka," the young woman replied but was staring at me in amazement.

"Is there a Rohng Rairm (hotel) there?" Chanthra asked.

"Oh no, Ka! Our small village doesn't have one. There is a place for travelers to stay for a night at the Wat though. The monks there welcome travelers of all kinds," the young woman informed us.

"Thank you, Ka. We will go to the Wat, and see if we can find a place for the night," Chanthra assured the young woman before we continued down what was apparently the main road in the area. I could feel her eyes and those of the other women on me for some distance, until we were out of their direct sight actually.

After another twenty minutes or so, we came to a small village. There were a number of houses on stilts and a few small shops. At the far end of the dirt main street of the village, the walls and building of a small Wat were visible. Part of the way down the street we passed a small open air restaurant.

"Can we stop to eat?" Chanthra asked.

"Yes, certainly," I told her, and we turned into the restaurant which was not much more than an area covered by a minimal roof with a few tables and chairs. There were also a couple of the local charcoal burning ceramic braziers and a small table where the food was prepared.

"Sawat Dee, Ka," the older woman there said with a smile, as we entered. We both 'Sawat Deeded' and Waied her.

"What do you want to eat?" Chanthra asked me.

"Kao put gai (chicken fried rice)," I told her after a few seconds thought. "A large plate of it," I added after a little more thought.

"Yes, you are a large man and would require a lot of food," Chanthra said with a smile before turning to the woman with our order.

After hearing our order, the woman smiled, and I could see the red betel nut stains on her gums and teeth. It is a common cure for bad teeth in Southeast Asia. She invited us to be seated and brought us some Thai tea after we chose a table to sit at.

Thai tea is water that has been boiled and then a small amount of tea leaves are used to give it some color and a bit of flavor. It was a reasonably safe drink providing it had been boiled long enough, and that the water had come from a reasonably clean source. Both assumptions were open to doubt in the present situation, but it was the best that we could do for now. There are some sources of water in Southeast Asia that can never be made potable.

"How much money do you have? I only have a little," Chanthra asked very quietly in English after the woman had returned to the preparation area to start on our meal.

"I have a bunch of coins and some paper money," I told her.

"What kind of coins? I don't know if the people here would take paper money. They may be suspicious of it," she told me before continuing. "Have you noticed that they speak a very old colloquial form of Thai. I can only remember hearing anything like it from very old people when I was growing up."

"Yes, I noticed that it was rather different from the Thai that I am used to. How old do you think it may be?" I asked her.

"It is hard to tell. Let us see what we can learn at the Wat. Some of the monks should have studied at more formal Wats than here. Let us hope so at least," she finished.

Our meal soon arrived. I saw that the plate of Kao put was quite large and heaped full of fried rice and chicken and both had been fried in soy sauce. There was a fried egg on top of this, and it was garnished with cucumber slices and green onions.

I saw that Chanthra had ordered goo-ay dtee-o put raht nah, which is noodles with fried meat, vegetables, and a thick gravy. All of this was served with a small dish of Thai peppers in fish sauce for each of us, so we could season the meal to our own taste. I had already dug out my bottle of sweet chili sauce from my pack while waiting for our meal and poured a liberal dose of it on the Kao put. The cook was very interested in what I was doing, and I offered her a taste of the food with the sauce on it. She brought over a spoon and took some of the Kao put to taste it. Her face lit up after a few seconds.

"Dee (good)," she said with a smile before turning to the other customers who had entered.

We took our time eating, but we were finished by the time additional customers began to arrive. Chanthra went to see how much the meal was. I followed her as soon as I had gotten my backpack on again.

"She said that the two meals were one Baht which seems like a lot for this place," she told me. I had placed some of the coins from the pocket in my pack in my pants pocket and pulled out a hand full. Chanthra was shocked on seeing them.

"These are very old coins. Where did you get them?" she asked in English as she picked out the correct amount.

"They were in my pack along with some paper notes. They weren't the type of notes that I've been used to using," I told her.

Chanthra turned to the proprietor and handed her the coins which she checked very carefully before smiling and bidding us a Sawat Dee.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.