Unforgettable Weeks
Chapter 2

Copyright© 2015 by Jay Cantrell

Drama Sex Story: Chapter 2 - Two people from vastly different worlds shared one crazy night two months earlier. Regan Riley learned that life is sometimes serious and Andy Drayton learned that life can sometimes be fun. Now they've decided to see if they can overcome their differences and forge a relationship. This is the sequel to "Unending Night."

Caution: This Drama Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   mt/ft   Consensual   Romantic   First   Oral Sex   Exhibitionism   Slow  

Noon, Saturday

Andy pulled his 10-year-old Saturn into the parking lot of Clairborne Benedict Preparatory Academy for Girls. He drove to the farthest edge of the lot away from where everyone else had parked. He didn't want the value of the parents' luxury cars to go down just because he parked beside one of them.

He also didn't want to risk dinging the door on one of the fancy cars. He was certain it would take him 10 years to work off what it would cost to repair it. He had washed his car the previous evening between calls from Regan - despite the fact that the weather had been less than idyllic.

It still looked like a polished turd.

He realized that's what he looked like, too. He had on a pair of tan slacks and blue pullover. They were the nicest everyday clothes he owned. He had even considered dropping $25 for a haircut but couldn't fit it into his tight schedule.

Still, he knew everything in his closet cost less than the underwear worn by some of these people. He gulped and got out of his car.

Regan and her father were halfway across the lot by the time he closed the door. He hadn't counted on seeing Robert Riley again. He could only imagine the conversation Regan's father had in store for him.

He tried to shake off the jitters.

"She is just another pretty face," he said to himself – although he didn't believe it for a moment.

He saw her walking toward him and she was a vision. She wore a black skirt and a green sweater over a white shirt. Her red hair was loose on her shoulders and it framed her angelic face perfectly. He was certain her haircut cost a hell of a lot more than $25.

Regan made it to 20 feet away before she outpaced her dad. Andy had decided a handshake would work best but Regan practically launched herself from five feet away. He either had to catch her or she would smash into his car. As it was, she almost bowled him off his feet when she wrapped her arms around him and hugged him tightly.

She felt entirely wonderful.

"It's good to see you again," Andy said. He tried to find a place to put his hands to help hold Regan up but he couldn't figure out how. He decided to bend forward with the hug until her feet were on the ground.

When she touched down, she pulled back slightly and looked at Andy. He saw a trace of tears in her eyes and he worried that he wasn't effusive enough in his greeting. So he leaned down and kissed her on the forehead.

Regan smiled and shook her head before laughing aloud.

"It's good to see you again, too," she belatedly replied. "I've missed you."

She finally released Andy and turned to her father who was watching the show without much expression. Robert was worried that the entire painful conversation he had just had with his daughter was for nothing.

"You remember my father?" she asked.

Andy blushed but took Robert's extended hand.

"Sir, I should apologize for my behavior the last time we met," Andy began. "I made a spectacle of myself. I embarrassed myself and, I'm sure I embarrassed you and Regan too."

"You didn't embarrass me," Regan corrected. "I thought it was great."

"I have to say I enjoyed it myself," Robert admitted. "Probably a lot more than is healthy for me, if I'm honest. I just wanted to stop and say hi. I hope you have a nice day."

"Why don't you stay and eat with us?" Andy asked.

Regan turned her head slightly and narrowed her eyes.

"I think not," Robert said quickly. "However, I would like to invite you to dine with Regan and me next week before her dance. Is that acceptable?"

"We'll discuss it, Daddy," Regan answered before Andy could accept. It would be rude for him to turn down such an invitation – particularly since it didn't appear to include Regan's mother (who still scared Andy shitless).

Robert nodded and smiled at Andy again.

"Once piece of advice, if you don't mind," he said.

This time Andy got to answer before Regan could.

"Certainly," Andy replied.

"Don't let them start making all your decisions for you," Robert said with a chuckle. "Once that starts, you'll have a hell of a time getting that power back."

"Daddy!" Regan said. But she laughed and Robert said his goodbyes and walked to his car for the drive home.

"You've already cleaned up," Regan said. "I like your shirt. It looks really nice on you. And you smell great."

Perhaps the most time-consuming decision Andy faced the night before regarded cologne. Erin had gotten him a ridiculously expensive bottle for Christmas the year before. Andy didn't like it but he figured Regan would. Still, it seemed tacky to arrive for an afternoon smelling the way your ex-girlfriend wanted you to smell.

"Soap," he admitted.

Regan smiled.

"I know," she said. "I showered at your apartment, remember? I smelled like you the whole day and, well, I bought some."

She held up her wrist. Andy laughed when he realized she smelled almost exactly like he did.

"So, I, uh, it's really nice to see you," Andy finally got out.

"Yes, we've been through this," Regan joked. "You're happy to see me. I'm happy to see you."

"After eight weeks in solitary confinement, you're probably happy to see anyone," Andy rejoined.

"It wasn't that bad," Regan replied. "Really, outside of not being able to contact you, it wasn't a lot different from my normal life. Sure, I couldn't catch up on stuff on the internet but that was my only real hardship."

Andy smiled and shook his head.

"See, you played that all wrong," he said. "You should have told me how horribly you were treated – that they put bamboo under your fingernails or something – and I would want to baby you and smother you with kindness."

Regan put her hand to her forehead dramatically.

"You have no idea the hardships I've endured just to make it through to today," she said.

"Too late, you missed your shot," Andy said as Regan put her arm through his and started to lead him to the dining hall.


Regan couldn't believe it. It was like the last hour of their brief time together and the past eight weeks had disappeared. They were right back to where they were when he picked her up at the bus station – except her hand didn't hurt.

She could tell Andy was nervous when she approached him. It wasn't the only reason she hugged him. She had dreamed of that hug for weeks. But it was the reason she hugged him so quickly. She saw him start to extend his hand to shake hers. Like she was going to let him get away with that.

He had started to relax even before her father had left. Andy had gone from nervous to charming in about 30 seconds. She had no idea that the hug she'd initiated played a large part in that transformation.

Still, there were a couple of things she needed to talk to him about and she wanted to do it before he was introduced to her schoolmates.

"That morning, Andy," she began.

"It's OK," he cut in.

"It's not OK," Regan insisted. "I acted like an idiot. I know how I reacted hurt your feelings and I apologize. I never want to say or do something to hurt you."

Andy nodded. He knew Regan regretted the intimacy they had shared. He not only saw it on her face when she awoke in his bed, he heard her berating herself for it in the bathroom. In fact, he had considered that if he hadn't stood up to her mother, Regan probably would never have spoken to him again.

"I saw things were different once I got out of the shower," she continued. "I didn't want them to be different."

"I think you did," Andy answered. He wasn't angry or defensive. It was a simple statement. "It wasn't just about how you acted when you woke up. It was about, well, it was about something I overheard while you were in the shower. It's OK, really. I know that it probably wasn't how you wanted things like that to happen and you told me you would probably regret it the next day."

Regan stopped cold and almost jerked Andy's arm out of socket.

"I regret only one thing," she said fiercely after she spun him around to look at her. "Actually, I regret two things. The first thing I regret is that I feel asleep before I could try to make you feel as wonderful as you made me feel. The second thing I regret is that I didn't wake up in time to try it the next morning. I don't know what you heard me say in the bathroom, but I can promise you it had nothing to do with what we did. If anything, it related entirely to what we didn't get the chance to do."

"You asked yourself how you could have been so stupid," Andy said. He could still hear her words in his head if he tried. He worked hard not to think about it.

"Yes," Regan said. "I was asking myself how I could act like a complete asshole to you when you are the sweetest guy I've ever met. I was wondering why I would behave like you had attacked me when I spent the whole time we were snuggled together enjoying the kisses you gave me and being close to you. I'm sorry, Andy. If I had thought for a minute you misunderstood – or even heard what I said – I would have explained it. I tried a hundred times to think of a way to let you know how nice it felt to be with you. But I couldn't come up with a way that didn't sound ridiculous. I had no idea that it would be so long until I got the chance to explain it or I would have gone with ridiculous and we could have fought our way through it."

She looked around and frowned at the number of people nearby. Some of them were paying obvious attention to Regan and Andy. She couldn't do what she wished she could do – pull him to her for a kiss. So she did what she considered the next best thing. She told him the truth.

"I like you," she said. "In the few hours we spent together, I've come to like you more than I've liked anyone in my life. I don't mean just guys. I mean I like you, Andy Drayton, more than I like anyone else I've ever met and spent time with in my whole, entire, stupid life. I don't know how far that like extends. I want to know, though. I hope we find a way for us to see how far it extends.

"With you, I'm not some snotty rich girl. I'm not Rita Riley's daughter. You don't care that I'll probably inherit a fortune. In fact, you probably would rather I didn't. You didn't treat me any differently when you found out who my family is than before you knew. No one else has ever done that. No one, Andy. With you, I'm Regan and that is enough. I don't have to be anyone else.

"I guess I'll settle for being friends with you if that is where our future leads. But I never want you to think for a moment that I regret being near you or sharing things with you and doing things with you. I don't. I never did and I don't now after having time to think about it. I will, however, regret it if we don't try to become much more than friends and if I never take the time to tell you how I feel about you. OK?"

Regan gulped when she finished. She felt like she opened herself up for a serious heartache if he didn't feel the same way about her. She thought he did, but she couldn't be sure. Andy gave a half smile and nodded slightly. It didn't answer the question she still had but at least he hadn't answered that he didn't think of her that way.

So she smiled and pressed forward.

"I have today pretty well planned," she said. "Those plans, like all my brilliant schemes, are subject to change if you find you're uncomfortable with them. Is that OK?"

Andy's smile grew larger.

"Did you spend more than 20 seconds on this idea?" he asked, referencing Regan's jailbreak two months earlier.

Regan returned the smile. This was exactly what she meant. No one who knew how much money Regan's family had would pick on her or make fun of her. Ruth DeLancy and Harmony Wentworth would make snide comments or rude remarks. But no one would take a light-heart poke like Andy did.

"Yes, I did spend more than 20 seconds this time," she replied. "In fact, I probably spent twice that amount of time on this one. Good enough?"

"Well, the last one turned out OK, I guess," Andy joked again. "Do I get to know about it or is it supposed to be a surprise?"

"We'll talk about it after lunch, if that's OK," Regan told him. Andy nodded. "Now, a couple of things I do need to fill you in on before we go inside to the dining facility. First off is our PDA policy."

"I haven't even replaced my cell phone yet," Andy interrupted.

Regan rolled her eyes. She couldn't tell if he was serious and out-of-touch with electronic devises or making a smart-assed reply.

"Public Displays of Affection," she clarified. "A brief hug or a chaste kiss on the cheek is acceptable conduct upon greeting a friend. It is appropriate for you to take a friend's arm when walking."

She saw the look that crossed Andy's face.

"That is a direct quote from our student handbook," Regan said, smiling at him. "I wanted to explain why I greeted you with only a hug and why I'm not holding your hand – or at least trying to hold your hand. 'It is unseemly for an unengaged young lady to exhibit more emotion than that when in public.' Another quote, seriously, I think the thing was written in the 1600s or something."

"It's fine, Regan," Andy replied.

"Well, you'll be happy to know that there are no instructions on how to behave in private," she said with a wink. "I didn't tell you this because I think you hoped to ravish me on the table at dinner."

She paused at look to the sky for a moment.

"Actually, I hope you do wish to ravish me on the table at dinner," she said, laughing. "But, I'll be blunt. I'm skating on thin ice here and at home. My mother practically forced C-B to let me come back and graduate. In return, I have promised to abide by the Code of Conduct for the remainder of my time here. That means I couldn't kiss you when I saw you. I wanted to. I want to now, in fact. But I agreed and I'll do my best to live up to that agreement."

"I understand," Andy said, a wave of relief passed over him with her words but he tried not to show just how happy he was that she hoped to get to know him better. He wanted to know her better, too.

"I also hope you understand this," Regan said. "I will go back on my promise to this school and to my father in only one instance. If someone says or does something hurtful toward you, Harmony will look like a warm-up act when I am done with them."

"I can fight my own battles," Andy said.

"But you won't," Regan said. "You'll simply cut your time with me short and never return. I won't allow that this time. I don't like to use it but I do have considerable influence around here. Many of the families who send their children here are able to do so because of my family. We are the primary benefactor to this school. That is not meant to sound boastful. It is simply a statement of fact. It is also a fact I have explained to those I think need to hear it. I invited those same people to call their parents for confirmation. Harmony took me up on my offer and her father insisted she return home today rather than risk her inducing my wrath again. I don't want you to be shocked or dismayed if you see me frog-marching a girl out of the dining area if I see or overhear something."

"Just let it go, Regan," Andy advised. "I'm a big boy and, well, I probably don't care what they think of me anyway."

"That is not the impression I got from our last dining experience," Regan countered.

Andy took a long breath.

"That was not about them," he told her. "It was about you. It was about the fact that you didn't say or do anything to refute their comments."

"I recognize that, too," she admitted. "Ultimately, it was that realization that landed Harmony on her butt. Since then, I have been a little more proactive, let's say, in making sure good people aren't put in bad situations by horrible people. That will continue today. I hope I don't embarrass you."

"I was going to say that I hope I don't embarrass you," Andy replied. He had watched people enter the cafeteria. Most of the parents wore expensive suits or tailored dresses. The boys Andy's age were probably wearing shoes that cost more than his car.

"I have never, not once, been embarrassed by you," Regan insisted. "I don't think that it will start today."


12:45 p.m. Saturday

The dining room was huge. Andy looked around for anything similar to his high school cafeteria. There was nothing. There was no serving line leading to hair-netted old woman behind a case of food. There was no loud laughter or even loud voices.

"Uh, is this a sit-down dinner?" he asked. He had expected buffet-style like every other school he had seen in his life.

"Yes," Regan answered in confusion. This was the way school life was in all her experience.

Andy tried to suppress the chuckle but didn't succeed.

"You've never been to a public school, have you?" he wondered.

"No," Regan admitted. "I guess this is different, isn't it? It isn't like this every day. Only on weekends when the parents and visitors are here. Is it a lot different?"

"Oh, you might say that," Andy told her.

She paused just inside the doorway.

"Usually, I eat in the dining room in my dorm," she explained. "This is set aside for visitors. We hold formal dining events here, too."

Andy wondered if the dormitory dining was more like what he was used to. He decided to ask.

"Uh, are the dorms serve-yourself and clean-up after yourselves?" he asked.

"During the week, no," Regan said. "There is a staff at each. On the weekends, it is more relaxed. It's how I made my getaway last time."

Andy shook his head slightly but said nothing. Still, it was another stark reminder of just how different he and Regan were.


Andy recognized the young woman sitting at the table with her parents as one he had met at the diner. He didn't recall her last name but he knew her first name was Joy.

"May we join you for lunch?" Regan asked the family.

The father looked extremely happy. The females simply nodded.

"Mr. and Mrs. Dalrymple, may I preset my friend, Andy Drayton," Regan said. "Andy, do you remember Joy?"

"I do," Andy replied. "It's good to see you again."

"Uh, thanks," Joy replied. She had only a vague recollection of meeting Andy. She had been inebriated and she knew she didn't act or look her best. Regan had not mentioned the incident to Joy again. But Regan also went to great pains to spend less and less time with Joy, too.

"Regan, I must say, you are looking more like your mother every day," the father said. "Andrew, it is very nice to make your acquaintance."

He extended his hand in greeting.

"I'm William Dalrymple," he announced. "This is my wife, Collette. I take it you already have met our daughter, Joy."

"Please, sir, call me Andy," Andy replied. "I only hear Andrew when my mother is giving me the Raised-Eyebrow of Disappointment. My full name sends a shiver down my spine when I hear it."

"Oh, I bet you don't get that look very often," Regan said with a smile. "I am really looking forward to meeting your Mom, Andy. She sounds wonderful and you two have such a great relationship. Do you think we'll get the chance Saturday?"

"I'll have to see," Andy replied. His mother's schedule sometimes varied from day to day. "If she is free, we'll try. She wants to meet you, too."

"Do you think she'll give me the Raised-Eyebrow of Disappointment, too?" Regan joked.

"Of disappointment, no," Andy said. "But you will get the Tilted Head of Inquisition and maybe even the Pursed Lips of Frustration."

"I can't wait!" Regan said. Andy got the impression she wasn't kidding. I guess when you grow up like she did, any form of interaction was better than none.

"Oh, I'm sure Andrew's mother will adore you," William said, pointedly ignoring the fact that Andy had asked him not to refer to him in that way. "She will probably treat you just like your own mother does. Your mother is a lovely woman."

"Look, Billy," Regan said. "He asked politely for you to call him by the name he prefers. If you can't manage that, Mr. Drayton will suffice. And if Andy's Mom treats me like my mother does – with complete indifference – I'll probably want to jump off a bridge. I've never met Andy's Mom but she sounds like a warm-hearted, loving person and that is exactly the opposite of my mother. If she has treated you with anything less than contempt it means you're either doing something to make her money or she has plans to have you do something in the future to make her money. It certainly isn't because she has taken the time to get to know you. Because if she did know you, she certainly wouldn't bother being polite to you."

William Dalrymple's face clouded. Andy could clearly see the man was embarrassed and angry. Andy was a little embarrassed for the man but not a lot. He could tell the man was trying to curry favor with Regan for some unknown reason. William sat back in his chair and remained silent but his wife and daughter bit their lips. It took Andy a moment to realize they were trying to keep from laughing. Joy had a look of pure mirth in her eyes and Mrs. Dalrymple wasn't far behind.

Thankfully a pair of uniformed waiters brought out dinners and a tray of drinks.

Andy was used to being unable to recognize what was on his plate. Often it was because he made it himself and it hadn't turned out the way he knew it should. Other times it was because he ate at school and nothing was readily identifiable in a school cafeteria.

Today, it was for another reason. The meal looked and smelled wonderful. But it was a lot fancier than anything he'd eaten before. He waited to see how Regan would handle the food before he touched his. Thankfully, the Dalrymple family was content to eat in relative silence.

There was a meat covered in a sauce. He knew that. He thought the vegetable might be mushrooms in something although he couldn't say that definitively. He decided he wasn't very hungry anyway after tasting whatever the vegetable was.

Regan saw him grimace as he chewed and she reached across him to snare one of the things off his plate.

"I love these," she said happily. "That's even more reason to like you. I get to eat all your truffles. Well, they're not really truffles, just mushrooms. But they're still yummy."

"I like them on pizza," Andy said softly.

"Yum," Regan replied. "Joy and I love pizza piled high with veggies. What others do you like?"

Regan was pointedly ignoring the Dalrymple father but he didn't appear to care.

"On pizza?" Andy wondered. "Peppers, I guess. That's about it. In other things, I like corn and green beans. I know potatoes aren't a vegetable but I still consider them one. I like those, too."

He couldn't believe how uncomfortable it made him not to know what he was eating.

"What was that we had last week, Joy?" Regan asked. "It sort of looked like a potato but it wasn't."

"I don't know," Joy admitted. "I think it was parsnip and rutabaga, maybe. It was OK, though, even if I didn't know what it was."

Andy laughed lightly causing Regan to turn to see what he found amusing.

"This is the first time I've not known what I was putting in my mouth because it was too complex," Andy replied. "Mostly it's just because I made it or it came from one of the cooks at school."

"This is duck in orange sauce and truffles Florentine," Regan said. "Although they use white mushrooms instead of actual truffles. Even C-B can't afford truffles for the masses. What are meals like at your school?"

"Brutal," Andy replied. "It's usually something gray covered in something darker gray beside something that used to be green but is now mostly brown. Half the time I have to check the menu afterward just to see what it was. Thankfully everything pretty well tastes the same no matter what it looks like. But it's almost free so I choke it down. If you put enough Tabasco sauce on anything, it's edible."

It finally dawned on William Dalrymple that Andy was a public school student. He appeared aghast at the concept of dining with a common plebian.

"Andy is one of the top students at Eisenhower High School," Regan said. She appeared much prouder of that fact that Andy was. "He had his choice of Berkeley, Stanford or any number of top-flight schools and he earned that choice. It wasn't a birthright or purchased for him."

"So are you going to Stanford, too," Mrs. Dalrymple asked. "That's a wonderful school."

"Andy chose to go to San Jose State because he can go there for free," Regan clarified.

"Oh, is your mother affiliated with the state university system or is she in the civil service?" William asked.

"No, it's because we're poor," Andy said. "My mother is in food service. She works at a bakery four to six nights a week. She also works in an office five days a week. I decided she should use the money she set aside for my education for her own purposes."

"Andy has maintained a better than perfect GPA despite working 30 hours a week for the past two years," Regan added. "He has never had anything handed to him and he doesn't expect a single thing that he's not willing to work for. He isn't like the rest of the people in this room."

She gestured to the room with a sweeping motion.

"It's why I like him so much," she added.

Joy's mother had been glancing at Andy periodically during the meal. He found it disconcerting. She would look at him for a moment, frown and then look away. He wondered if perhaps he had something hanging out of his nose.

"I think that's wonderful, Andy," Mrs. Dalrymple said before her husband could speak. "It doesn't take a degree from a prestigious school to succeed. In fact, since I got my first job, I've rarely been asked if I even attended college let alone where."

"Mom is a writer for The Voice, " Joy said.

"Oh, I read that frequently," Andy answered. "I'm sorry; I don't recognize your name. I guess I don't pay much attention to the bylines. I try to keep current on the business climate and the political scene. I'll be eligible to vote in a few weeks and don't want to be ignorant on the issues."

"I write under my maiden name," Collette replied. She was impressed that a young person read any newspaper, let alone one that didn't have comics or a sports page. "My byline in Coley Cross."

Andy smiled.

"I read your piece on tort reform as I was waiting for Mom this morning," he said brightly. "I didn't agree with all of it but you made your points well."

"I don't agree with all of it myself," Collette replied, shaking her head. "But we're not supposed to put our opinions in a story and the facts led me to what you read."

"Tort reform," William Dalrymple grumbled under his breath.

"William is an attorney so he naturally thinks we don't need legal reform," Collette said with a half smile.

"Well, given the fact that 80 percent of politicians are attorneys, I don't think we need to worry," Andy concluded.

Collette nodded but again looked at Andy, this time peering at him closely.

"Have we met before?" she asked.

"I don't think so," he said. "I've never really done anything newsworthy."

"Your name sounds familiar and you look like someone I know that I know," she said, shaking her head with the same frown that had graced her features earlier in the meal. She let out a sigh and then shook her head harder.

"My grandfather was on the county farm bureau," Andy offered. "That was probably 15 years ago. You might have known him."

"No," she said. "I can't remember why I know you but I'm certain that I do. It'll come to me sooner or later."

Andy simply shrugged. He was almost positive he'd never met Collette Dalrymple – or Coley Cross – before. But rather than point that out, he simply let it go.

Edited By BlackIrish; Proofread by The Old Fart.

Chapter 3 »

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.