Diamonds! - Cover

Diamonds!

Copyright© 2015 by Lapi

Chapter 2

An old Lady in one of the destroyed villages was working again in the fields as we came in to try to help. When asked why she was re-planting, she laughed. Not much had changed in over 1,000 years since the times of the Great Khan there. War, death and destruction was a way of life.

This was the 'Breadbasket' and if it was not seeded then what meaning would be left.

I had to think of how many 'celebrations' of life there were. The Crusades, War Of Northern Aggression (Civil War to Some), Bunker Hill, Memorial Day, WW I, WW II, Normandy, The Revolution (France and USA), 911, nope, nope, nope, even that Book Of The Christian Bible tells mostly of Man's downfall. Sanskrit text, The Stories of Atlantis, Troy, The Ides of March, and the stand of the Spartans were not shining examples of a celebration of life either. Vlad from Romania probably does not do it. Let's see, The book of the Dead, Ah, The book of Life, see, I just knew there were some others. We have Easter too, right?

We would not go 'peacefully into the night'! Germany, China, even the UN had said this genocide would soon stop. They Guaranteed it! And there was this bridge for sale, cheap.

Money talked, at least a small squeak. For when we would buy 1, 20 or 50 of something the OPFOR was moving in 200, 1,000 even 10,000 of them. That story of Goliath became prophetic, only we were not going to play the role of 'David'.

Short of a couple of a few $ Trillion thrown our way in gear and a million men to use it, we would have a tough way to go against the OPFOR.

Can you spell the word, 'H O P E L E S S'. It was English meaning, 'No Way Jose' very apt in our situation I thought.

There remained some hope though, that was until Col. Netsuke Suvorov fell. Kyiv (Kiev) soon followed and even Hope was now forgotten. There was only one thing left. So little time before 'we' too would pay the price of trying to be free.

We would plant our fields. Someone in the future would harvest them, see the sparkle in the sunlight of what we left.

Sometimes you wished you did not know so much. Ignorance may truly be bliss, but in our case, TMI was our 'curse'.

Jimmy Jones may have been our inspiration now. Mothers who had seen things before were relieved, the stand in fathers too did not dare consider what would happen when they were gone. In the end, all 'our Diamonds', all of the things we valued most of all, were planted deep into the earth. Those of us left wanted to have the end go as slow as possible. As once before, I could not leave Eva. I still held her limp lifeless body in my arms as I fell to the ground. Then... ?

When this story gets more text, you will need to Log In to read it

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.