In 30 Days - Cover

In 30 Days

Copyright© 2015 by Lapi

Chapter 13

We each made a list, then checked it twice. That word, ‘prioritize’ did not seem to mean the same thing to each of us. No one had number 1 the same. Upon reflection, that was good since all 6 of us had gravitated to what we knew best. Arms, Ships, Propulsion, Weapons, Helicopters and medical/extraction efforts. We all placed re-supply in the number 2 slot.

As far as weapons, this seemed now to encompass a whole lot and took on a new perspective of importance.

We got these on our lists of the things we need:

Aegis Radar System or use of for Command and Control of the group Targeting Radar Systems or use of Long and short range aerial missiles Anti-Submarine Torpedoes Anti ship Weapons Anti Air Weapons Shore bombardment Anti Missile Weapons UAVs Air Cover Air Attack Electronic Warfare ECM Jamming Cell/Sat phones and Jamming Unmanned Aerial and Underwater Vehicles Active Denial Systems, initial and subsequent Advanced Land Assault Vehicles Photon Devices Laser Weapons Electro Magnetic Rail Guns Precision Guided Devices Smart Munitions Remote Controlled Attack Vehicles Stealth Vehicles Orbital Interdiction Hypersonic Attack Vehicles and Weapons (very fast) Self Automated Robots (Small, Medium and Large) Articulated and Bio Armour for ground troops Chemical and Biological Weapons Limited Area Neutron Devices (Parting is such sweet sorrow) JSOC Liaison (Notification and status reporting)

I began to wonder what we would be able to come up with in the future. There was already more on our plate than we could process and ever be ready.

Nagging in back of all these wonderful things was the question of how to ‘eliminate’ all those bodies and stay clear of the predicted backlash and protests. Someone else’s problem, per Marcel, ‘I just follow orders’. We always assumed that the OPFOR would be large, concentrated and lack mobility.

With that assumption, there were only a few places they could assemble and transit into Europe. No real concern if they stayed in the Middle East but no one felt that gave them any incentive for an attack. Attack what, sand. The rich would just leave the Middle East, gold, jewels and money safe in Swiss banks.

If they did not concentrate, the manpower would have little or no real impact.

I think Inga and Michelle got together and decided to play up the ‘morals’ of what we were planning to do. ‘Did we think it fair’ to slaughter poor armed farmers and peasants. 21st century arms against knives, axes and shovels maybe. My response was that ‘all is fair in love and war’ and besides does it really make a difference if someone is trying to kill you with a gun or a knife, they are still at war.

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.