08 Together - Cover

08 Together

Copyright© 2015 by Banzai Ben

Chapter 13

Present – Stacy and Samantha – heading to the cabin

I threw my fucking wedding dress specially purchased for Ben in the trash because the last thing I wanted was for it to be a constant reminder of Ben's bogus as fuck wedding. Then I made sure Bill would take extra special care of Patches, Bo and Wojtek. I wanted them all returned to our operations center in Leadville safely. Once I was assured of their safety, my BFF Sam and I boarded the Truth Network corporate jet.

I found it amazing how quickly I sobered up after finding that Ben's cabin was burned up (I refuse to call it Ben and Jennifer's cabin because I'm not sure yet of her total victory). We're on the nice as hell Truth Network corporate jet when the flight attendant comes up and asks, "Would either of you like some champagne?"

The very last fucking thing I want is more champagne so instead I ask, "Very strong expresso would be great, two cups would even be better. And if you have any crank1 that would also be appreciated."

1 Crank – slang for methamphetamines.

Sam gives me a very concerned look and asks, "Stacy, do you think it's wise to use crank?"

I smile at the concern of my BFF and answer, "Sam, I've been using Adderall2 while I've been looking for Ben so I don't think a little more will cause me any problems."

2 Adderall - contains a combination of amphetamine and dextroamphetamine. Amphetamine and dextroamphetamine are central nervous system stimulants that affect chemicals in the brain and nerves and is commonly prescribed for hyperactivity.

Sam still complains, "Stacy, this isn't healthy for you!"

I counter, "Like hell it isn't! I feel better and think more clearly on it."

The flight attendant comes back with two cups of expresso for me and a pipe. I glare at her, point to the pipe and demand, "What the hell is that?"

She answers, "That's crystal meth3."

3 Crystal Meth - The crystal form of methamphetamine is extremely powerful and addictive. Some compare it to 'crack cocaine' as both are smoked and give an intense, powerful 'high' followed by a very severe 'comedown', and both are very addictive. Some people become addicted after a single dose.

I glare at her and reply (as Sam heaves a sigh of relief), "There's no way in hell I'm taking crystal - it's addictive as hell! Do you have any Adderall?"

She laughs and answers, "Shit, that's a child's medicine."

I begin to chug my expresso, look at Sam and realize that this flight attendant isn't going to be working for the Truth Network for much longer. Once the expresso begins to work, I call my team and get them looking for the bastard who torched Ben's cabin...

I'm glad that Stacy turned down the crystal meth because in my experience as a reporter I had seen the lives it had ruined. However, I was concerned that she was abusing Adderall! I briefly consider talking to her about it, but realize it will only cause more issues between us. Besides, she seems to be responding well to the expresso. But the flight attendant ... she's going to be gone as soon as we land! We cannot have the Truth Network associated with drugs.

Present – Jack and Masha – finding Ivan

I can't believe it! My son Ivan didn't do as we told him: He was supposed to remain sitting at the picnic table. We were engaged in a huge discussion with Liz when Masha looked up and Ivan was gone! I quickly order and point in the four compass directions, "Masha, you take that direction, Liz you take that direction, Gretchen you take that direction and I will go this way. If you find him fire three shots."

Liz replies, "Jack, I don't have a weapon."

I reach in my leg holster, pull out a Smith and Wesson Bodyguard, hand it to Liz and ask, "Do you know how to use this?"

Liz glares at me and replies, "Of course, I aim and pull the trigger."

Masha brings up a good question, Jack what about the wolves and bears?"

I reply, "So far they seem docile unless they are threatened so whatever you do don't get scared and try to shoot one of them."

We take off in the directions I directed as I fume: I'm going to blister his butt when I do find him...

Present – Inga – taking care of business

Things are taken care of with Stacy Summers so I decide to head back to the clearing to see if Thom, Jack, Glen or Hammer need any more help. I have a large surprise on my way to the clearing: I find a little boy talking to a lady who I don't recognize as she wasn't part of the wedding. She has the most incredible long hair I have ever seen, it glimmers in the sunlight and makes me jealous. As I get closer I recognize the little boy to be Jack and Masha's Ivan but I still do not recognize the lady.

I walk up and cautiously ask, "Hello Ivan, I don't recognize your friend."

She turns toward me, smiles and answers, "Hello Inga, I am a friend of Ben's and my name is Destiny."

I am still watchful when I reply, "I do not remember seeing you come in on any of the flights..."

She interrupts, " ... that is because I was here already. Ben and I hiked the Continental Divide Trail together."

She smiles again at me and continues, "You don't need to worry about Ivan since we are good friends..."

Ivan begins to bounce excitedly from foot to foot and rapidly interrupts, " ... Yes, we very and good friends! Lady and Unca Ben puff and huff and blow all the bad men at the cabin away. They rescue me and I live with them in underground cave and sleep with lady each night because I miss Mama."

I'm finally convinced that Destiny is not a threat to Ivan. I hear some people calling Ivan's name, turn away from Destiny, bend down to look in Ivan's eyes and ask, "Ivan, do your mother and father know where you are?"

Ivan giggles, shakes his head and answers, "No, they very busy with Liz lady and this lady calls me to follow her and gives me 'portant' information for them about Unca Ben and Auntie Jennifer's cabin."

I stand up to ask Destiny what the information is but when I turn around she's gone! I never even heard her leave. I ask Ivan, "Where did Destiny go?"

Ivan says something crazy which doesn't make sense so I dismiss it as some sort of childhood fantasy, "She turn into wolf again and leave."

The calling continues for Ivan so I pull out my whistle, give three short blows on it and yell, "Ivan is here."

Jack runs up, sees Ivan and yells, "Thank God you found him!" Then he pulls up his rifle, fires three shots into the air and announces, "That should bring everyone else running."

He comes over to Ivan and scolds him, "Son, why didn't you stay where we told you?"

Ivan bounces from foot to foot and answers, "Papa, wolf that is also a lady call me and tell me 'portant' information about Unca Ben's and Auntie Jennifer's cabin. She say that the two bad girls that were not invited to wedding burn the cabin. And then runway from home."

Jack kneels in front of Ivan and asks...

Present – Jack and Ivan – talking about things

I kneel in front of Ivan and question, "Son, what are you talking about? Who is this wolf that is also a lady?"

Ivan points at Inga and answers, "Inga lady see her."

I stand up, look at Inga and ask, "You saw this wolf that is also a lady?"

Inga answers, "Jack, there was a lady here named Destiny talking to Ivan when I first found them. I bent down to talk to Ivan but when I stood back up she was gone."

Ivan interjects, "Yes, that was wolf that is also a lady. She turn back into wolf and leave."

Masha, Liz and Gretchen all show up together. Masha sees Ivan and begins to scold him, "Ivan, you almost scared me to death..."

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.