Rogers Retreat - Cover

Rogers Retreat

Copyright© 2015 by SW MO Hermit

Chapter 2: the Corps

Early the morning after his sentencing Lee drove to the nearest Marine Corps recruiting office. Within thirty minutes of entering the office he was scheduled for his testing, physical exam and had a tentative departure date pending the outcome of his tests and physical. Well, there was also the background check but the recruiter said his juvie records of disturbing the peace shouldn't matter.

To the surprise of the recruiter Lee tested very well. His speaking ability and looks sure were deceiving. There were many jobs open to the young man, some of which were in very good fields. Lee flat refused to consider most of the jobs he qualified for. He wanted to be given the specialty of a mechanic. That is what the recruiter put as number one on his wish list, however all military people know the needs of the service come first. There was no telling what job he would ultimately be trained for.

Nothing terribly memorable occurred in the seven weeks between his enlistment and departure for Parris Island and Boot Camp. Oh, sure, Lee made use of the fact he was going into the service to nail several more married (and a few unmarried) pussies before he left, but that is all.

Perhaps the most memorable thing that happened to Lee in this time was meeting Ramona Paulus socially. He remembered seeing her off and on for several years and even smiled and said hello to her occasionally when he visited the Chevy dealer with deliveries. She worked in the office and occasionally would be behind the parts counter when he delivered. Her primary job was in bookkeeping.

Just over a week before his departure Lee was once again at the club. Somewhat to his surprise he struck out and didn't find anyone to take into the parking lot or home that night. Finally a little after one a.m. he left and went to Denny's for something to eat before going home. Lee was sitting eating his burger and fries when a slightly familiar woman walked up to his table. Lee thought she was pretty in a down home way. She was not a raving beauty like some of the women he knew but had a wholesome look that made his cock twitch and him want to ravish her. She filled out her cowgirl top and jeans better than most of the other women he'd seen that night.

The woman looked down at Lee for a moment and said, "I don't know if you remember me or not, Lee, but I saw you come in and decided I needed to talk to you before you leave."

Lee looked at the woman with a questioning look on his face then he remembered. "Yeah, I remember you. You work over at the Chevy dealer. I've seen ya in the office sometimes. Ya wanna sit down?"

Ramona smiled and slid into the booth across from Lee. She said, "Yeah. My name's Ramona Paulus. That bitch Sandy is my step sister. You know she and Andrew are the ones that got you into trouble don't you?"

When Lee nodded his head yes she continued, "First, I want to tell you how sorry I am about that. They're both total assholes. I know you're not lily white yourself. I know you fuck those married women and you know that's not right, but they had no valid reason to cause all the trouble. What you did should have been between you and the women and their husbands. I could understand them telling if they were friends of one of the men but they aren't. Well, anyway I wanted to warn you. Andrew and some of his friends plan to keep you from going to the Marines on time. I think they also want to beat you up when they do it, too. He and Sandy really hate you. They think if you don't report in when you are supposed to you'll get some federal time. I heard Sandy and him laughing about it last night. I was going to call you or try to find you and tell you, but when I saw you here tonight I thought I would tell you here."

Ramona sat and watched Lee fearfully. His jaws clenched and his face turned red when she told him about the plot against him. He looked at her and asked, "You're sure about this? How do I know you're telling me the truth? Maybe you're with them and want me to do something that'll get me into more trouble? Or maybe you want me to hunt them down and do something stupid?"

Ramona felt as if she had been punched in the stomach. She became angry and started to jump up and leave the table. As she began sliding toward the outside of the booth she said, "Damn you. I was trying to help. What they're planning isn't right. I didn't do anything to deserve what you said to me. You know how Sandy and Andy are. What makes you think I would ever want anything to do with them or one of their schemes?"

For some reason what she said got to Lee. His arm shot out and he grabbed her arm as it rested on the table to help her stand. He said, "I'm sorry, Ramona. You're right. I don't have any reason to treat you that way. And I do know those two. What you say they're planning sounds like something they would try. Well, it sounds like something Andy would try. I guess I really don't know Sandy well. I've only talked to her a couple of times, but I know she's a stone cold bitch. You've always seemed nice when I was in the dealership. Please sit back down and let's talk for a while."

Ramona looked at Lee. He did look sorry and seemed calmer than he was just after she told him about Andrew's and Sandy's plans. She allowed her legs to relax and she once again sat and slid into the booth across from Lee.

Lee and Ramona sat and talked for almost two hours drinking coffee. They were surprisingly compatible. Lee found out Ramona grew up on a small farm one town over from where they now lived. Her grandfather on her mother's side owned and operated a junk yard just outside the town. She used to spend a lot of her free time there with him. Her father was an Army Reservist that died during Desert Storm. He worked with her grandfather in the junk yard and was trying to purchase the farm also. After the services her mother moved to this town to find work. They had to let the bank repossess the farm. Mrs. Paulus met Mr. Blessant and married him a couple of years after they moved to town. Ramona was three months older than Lee and had no male interest. She didn't fit in the country club set and didn't care for the arrogant red neck attitude of the rest of the men she met. Truthfully, she didn't know why she got along with Lee so well. Maybe the old Arabic saying held true; "The enemy of my enemy is my friend." She certainly felt as if Sandy and Andrew were her enemies. They didn't get along and took every opportunity to insult and demean her. She and Lee were in the same boat there.

As much as he hated to do it Lee let Ramona convince him to avoid the confrontation with Andrew and his friends. She spied on Andy and Sandy when she could and tried to warn Lee about their plans. Over the few days remaining before Lee left home Ramona and he became close acquaintances if not friends.

Finally the day of departure arrived. Lee's grandfather took him to the bus station for his trip to the Marine recruit depot. Just before Lee boarded the bus his grandfather who was once a Marine Corporal said, "Now, you remember what I taught ya, son. You already know how to shoot and you know some of how a Marine fights in unarmed combat. You remember to stay clean, keep your gear clean, and don't sass your superiors. I know ya got a mouth on ya, but you just keep it under control. A good Marine don't sass his superiors and is always looking to do better. I done taught ya how to be a marine so ya should do good there. I don't expect no less of ya."

"I will, gramps. I'll be a good Marine. You and pa will be proud of me, I promise."

"Well, ya learn what they have to teach ya and remember to keep your head down and watch out for your buddies. You do that and they'll take care of you son."

It was a pretty short bus ride to Knoxville, TN, the nearest large town with an airport. From the bus station Lee used a cab to get to the airport. He had never flown before; hell he had never been to Knoxville before either. He had never seen so many cars and people. Then he saw the airplanes! Jesus! They were monsters. Reading about them and seeing pictures or TV didn't prepare him for the actual size of many of the planes."

Lee almost missed his flight just because he was gawking at all the people and new sights. He had got lucky and his ticket was for a window seat. He spent the entire flight looking out. They got so high he couldn't even see the ground.

Finally, after they landed at the end of his first flight Lee went to the reception desk the Corps set up to gather the new recruits. After they got all the people on the list they were loaded into a Marine bus by a neatly dressed young Corporal. It seemed he didn't know how to speak in a normal tone of voice. Already he was screaming and yelling at the new recruits. Many of the young men became angry. Lee just grinned and did whatever the Corporal said to do. He already knew you didn't make waves or draw attention to yourself. You did the best job you could as fast as you could and this time it was get your things and get your lazy civilian asses onto that there bus!

Once again Lee managed had a window seat and he spent the entire drive from the airport to Paris Island looking out the window. As soon as they entered the base he plastered his nose to the window watching the Marines in training. Some were marching; some running and doing PT (physical training) and others were just running from place to place. There were also many Marine vehicles of various types moving about. Lee's mouth was dry from his excitement. He was excitedly looking forward to his great adventure.

As soon as the bus stopped the Corporal stood and began screaming. He said, "Awright, now, lissen up! Get yer lazy asses offa this bus and fall into ranks just out there. I want one body standing on each painted square right now. Move, move, move."

The young men stood and rapidly exited the bus carrying the small overnight bag they were allowed to bring. After everyone was standing on a square an older man with Staff Sergeant's stripes addressed them. He said, "Awright, now, I'm gonna call the roll to be sure alla you civilians are here. When I call your name you answer 'Here, Sergeant'. If I give you a command you say 'yes, Sergeant' or 'no, Sergeant. If you don't know the answer you will say 'I will find out, Sergeant.' Do I make myself clear?"

The sergeant stood and looked at the new recruits in disgust and yelled once again, "What did I just tell you dope heads?" He repeated his instructions and stood watching the young recruits. Finally some of the young men gave him an anemic "Yes, Sergeant" in answer.

The Sergeant yelled once again saying, "What? I can't hear you!" This time almost all the young men yelled, "Yes Sergeant."

The Sergeant smiled and said, "That's better. Now listen up. I'll call the roll."

After all present had answered the Sergeant explained the procedures for the next few hours. He said, "OK, you know in general what we're going to do this afternoon and evening. The first thing we will do is get your hair cut. After you finish in the barber shop you will exit the shop and stand once again on your little square until everyone has their haircut. We will then begin completion of your personnel records and get your first issue of uniforms and equipment. Now, LISTEN UP. RIGHHHHHT FACE. Forward march. Hup, two, three, four. Hup two three four. Ok you morons, watch what you're doing. Take thirty inch steps. Your left foot hits the ground on Hup and three. Get in step. Your leeeffffft, your leeeffffft your left right leeeffffft. Hup two three four. Come on now, pick up the step. Your left right, leeeeffffft. Hup two three four."

At some point in time more men were added to the group Lee was in until they had enough to make a full Company of four Platoons. They were marched to a barracks carrying a Sea Bag mostly full of newly issued uniforms and equipment about 0100 hours. They were halted and called to attention. Their new Company Commander gave a short speech then turned the Company over to the First Sergeant. The First Sergeant (1Sgt.) turned the Company over to the Platoon Sergeants.

The PSG of Lee's Platoon stood looking at the assembled and exhausted new Marines. He said, "Awright, now, this is your home for the next several weeks. When I dismiss you I expect you to move in a rapid and orderly manner into the building behind you. You will move to the second floor and select a bunk. You will place your duffel beside your new rack. You will then make up your rack following the instructions you were given when you were issued your bedding. After your rack is made you will place your gear in your locker, again using the instructions you were given earlier. You will stand at attention at the end of your bunk when these tasks are completed and loudly state your name and 'done, Platoon Sergeant.' Either I or the Corporal will come and inspect your work. Do I make myself clear?"

"YES, SERGEANT."

"AWRIGHT. DISMISSED, FALL OUT."

After everyone chose a bunk the Platoon Sergeant stood at the end of the center aisle, put his hands on his hips and said, "Awright, now, the head is at the end of the corridor. I expect you all to shit, shower and shave every morning immediately after revile. You will then put on your uniform and fall out for training. Revile will be at 0430. Do I make myself clear here?"

"Yes, Sergeant."

"Good, now get your gear into those lockers and make those racks up so we can get to sleep."

The young recruits quickly put away their belongings and made up their beds (racks). Many of the young men had no idea how to make up their racks even with the printed instructions. The Sergeant and Corporal walked up and down the aisle giving instructions as needed. When the PSG came to Lee's bunk he stood and glared at him. The rack was neatly made, perfect corners, blanket on the rack and tucked in, sheet showing perfectly and the spare blanket neatly folded lying at the foot of the rack.

The Platoon Sergeant glared at Lee. He took a silver dollar from his pocket and flipped it onto the rack. It bounced once. The Sergeant looked again at Lee then picked up his coin. He barked, "Name?"

Lee stood to attention and said, "Robert E. Lee Rogers, Platoon Sergeant."

"Who taught you to make up a rack like that son?"

"My grand pappy and pappy, Platoon Sergeant. They were Marines also, Platoon Sergeant."

The Platoon Sergeant looked around and saw the rest of the recruits watching him and Lee. He glared at Lee a moment longer then turned back to the rest of the room and snarled, "What are you looking at? Get your asses back to work. When your rack is made up sound off. When everyone is done you can get your asses into your racks for some shut eye."

The Platoon Sergeant marched to the end of the aisle once again and stood watching as the laggards finished their work. He snarled, "Quiet, I don't expect to hear any noise in here." He turned the lights out and left the room.

Early the next morning loud speakers played revile just as the Platoon Sergeant slammed the door open, turned the lights on and began screaming, "Drop your cocks and grab your socks. Get your lazy asses outta those racks. MOVE IT. Get those racks made up and get cleaned up, then get yer asses outside and in formation. Ya got thirty minutes. Now, MOVE!"

Lee moved. He ran to the head and into the shower where he quickly soaped his entire body including his head and now almost nonexistent hair. He shaved while he was rinsing off the soap. After making sure his beard was gone he dried off and rushed back to his rack. Many of his fellow recruits were just stumbling into the head. A few were not even out of bed yet. The recruit in the upper bunk over Lee was one of those still in his rack. Lee looked up at him and said, "You better move your ass. That Sergeant will eat you alive if you don't move."

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.