Seasonal Daughters, Book 2
Chapter 7

Copyright© 2014 by radio_guy

We went home as we came. Just the four of us were in my car. Each girl had been handed into my car by their guy. Laura reached for my hand while we rode home.

Once home and inside, I said, "Go change and then join us in our bedroom as soon as the door is opened. I want to hear what's going on."

We went into our room and closed the door. As Laura and I removed our clothes, she asked, "Paul, are you worried?"

"I don't know whether to be worried or what. That does worry me."

"My husband, all three of your ladies love you. The girls are growing up though it might be faster than we would desire. We'll just have to hang on for the ride. They are both intelligent and mature." She snuggled into bed. I opened the door and got in beside her. I pulled her into my arms and kissed her. Laura responded enthusiastically as she always does. We lay back.

April said, "That was cute. One day, my lover will kiss me like that."

May followed her in. She said, "Mark will as soon as we permit it of each other."

Laura said, "Let's talk through the easiest first. April, how was your evening?"

"Mom, it was quite good. The Andrews' house is a warm emotional place. I've always felt good there. Tonight was no exception." She stopped.

Laura said, "What about Tom? What's going on between the two of you?"

"We are really back together. We don't know about love but what we have will do. Holding hands and a little kissing are good. We get along and Tom's values have returned. He never really did anything bad with those other guys but the possibility was there. I felt the temptation and stayed away."

"Thank you. May, what have you got to say?"

She hesitated a moment. "Mother, Father, I have found my soulmate. In the fullness of time, we will marry. There is no other. Mark is the guy for me and I am the girl for him. We have shared our minds, our emotions, our dreams, and our hopes. I know we're young. He knows that, too. I told you last summer this would happen. Now, it has. I can tell you that it's better than I dreamed it might be.

"Mommy, I don't know if I can even call it "love." It's deeper than that. There is a great underlying need in each of our lives that the other uniquely answers. We will learn to love each other but, in some ways, we are beyond that. It's different from what I expected.

"Daddy, I thought it would be more of like what I had felt from Tom but it's different and it's so much deeper. Have you noticed that our names start with the same letter. That's a little thing and there are so many like that up to and including bigger things. Mark is a Christian and has read Lewis. He thinks about his walk. He has known that a vital piece of his life was missing until tonight. He told his parents this would occur even though he didn't know what to expect either.

"Parents, I don't know how our relationship will develop but it will. There already is a deep caring that we found last night as well as finding a kindred soul."

She shrugged. "I don't guess that tells you a lot but I don't know a lot yet. Ask me in a year or two and I think I will have a more intelligent answer."

She looked at us and smiled. "Trust me. You are raising me. I have your values and love each of you dearly. This will work out okay."

April asked, "Do you 'hear' Mark?"

"Yes, Sis. He's going through the same drill that I am. Now that we've made the initial connection, we can hear each other easily and almost constantly. He, by the way, is a year older and a grade ahead of me. He's at the top of his class, too.

"I don't know where this ability to hear emotions came from but I consider it to be a spiritual gift from God. There isn't anything specific about it in the Bible. My sense of God and His love isn't offended by it. We have already prayed together through our hearing. There is a long tradition in the church of gifts that help people care for others.

"Mark plans to be a doctor. I might do that, too. We'll see. There is time to make those types of decisions and we will take that time in consultation with our parents and through prayer with God."

After a moment of silence, I said, "That does make me feel better. I realize that you have thought this out as best you can based upon the information available. I think it will be an interesting ride."

"Thank you, Daddy. I love all three of you." We had a group hug.

I was glad Laura was by my side. I realized that I wouldn't deny either of my daughters that benefit and they seemed to be comfortable with waiting for their relationships to mature in time.

We all went to the teachers' party. It was held at the school and was billed as a family affair. My three ladies were all dressed the same as the night before. When we walked in, conversation stopped. I had Laura's hand. She was holding April's hand and I had May's hand in my other one. They really looked good. I was wearing a gray suit with a red sweater that matched Laura's dress.

She had told me that she wanted me to match so people would know that I was subject to her claim. She laughed. "Guys aren't the only ones who check out the opposite sex. I want them to know that you belong with me."

After our grand entrance, we enjoyed the party. The girls had school mates there and talked with them. I was hit on my three different teachers and one of them was married! We left later with all four of us enjoying our time.

April said, "I saw Dad being hit on by two different women. It's nice to have a hunky father."

May said, "You missed one. I rescued him because Mommy was in the restroom. She was even married! She was uncomfortable with one of her students hanging on her father when she was trying to pick him up. It inhibited her."

I could tell I was blushing. Laura said, "What's wrong, Stud? Does it make you nervous to be a sex object?"

"Yes, I'm not used to it and don't think I ever will be."

"You'll survive. After a while, it gets old and your dodging reflexes will work better."

"Why didn't it happen at the other parties?"

"All those women know you well enough to not waste their time. You were a new quantity tonight and a few just couldn't resist trying to give you a test drive." I just shook my head as I drove home.

Christmas is here! We got up early and showered together enjoyably wishing each other "Merry Christmas" with kisses, touches, and a few words. We came down the stairs to find the girls had coffee made and were dressed, too. We cooked pancakes for their grandmother's arrival. She arrived right on time and went straight to Laura to embrace her and wish her a "Merry Christmas, Daughter."

 
There is more of this chapter...
The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.