Not Just for Christmas - Cover

Not Just for Christmas

Copyright© 2015 by Always Raining

Chapter 11

Romantic Sex Story: Chapter 11 - Michael Stewart does a good turn for a homeless family on Christmas Eve. As he supports the family he is drawn to the abused, pretty mother, and into the family's problems. Life would not be the same after this, he thought. Little did he know how different it would be.

Caution: This Romantic Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Consensual   Romantic   Fiction   Slow   Violence  

"I think Bob's next on the list," said Tom, as they drove away from Tracy's. "We've got to warn him off."

"Wait," Mike said. "If he's been visiting Claire at home, those next door neighbours will know, won't they?"

"What time is it?" Tom asked.

"Early enough to visit," Mike grinned. Then he thought. "Tom, we'll drive home, there's something I want to get. It's just a hunch."

He picked up a photo of Cheryl from when they were married, and phoned the neighbours. They were happy to see them.

Fred and Lucy. Fred was crippled with arthritis and couldn't work but Lucy went out to work 'to make ends meet'. They were in their fifties.

"You're the man who saved her weren't you?" Lucy said with a smile.

Mike smiled, but Tom jumped in.

"There's a problem, Lucy. Claire was influenced to break up with Mike. We suspect foul play. Can you help us? You may have seen someone we suspect of turning her away from Mike."

"Well," said Lucy. "Fred is the one who will have seen things. He sits in the front bay most days and watches the world go by!"

"So," Mike began. "Has she had any visitors during the day since she came back? A man?"

"Oh, yes," said Fred. "There's one bloke. Quite well built, handsome, well dressed, goatee beard. Been quite a few times but never in the evenings. Must be his own boss. He's been twice in the past week. He stays about half an hour. She sees him out."

"Any kissing? Hugging?" Tom asked.

"Not really. She's quite, how to put it, distant?" Fred thought from a moment. "He kisses her, then he leaves but she seems a little stiff."

"Well, thanks for being so helpful," said Tom, rising from his seat.

"Fred?" Mike asked. "Going further back, after Claire left Sonter, did anyone come to visit her husband? Other than friends I mean?"

He thought for a moment.

"Well," he said. "He got drunk a lot, had women over for the night, loud music at all hours."

Apart from the night time parties?" Tom prompted him.

"There was that reporter."

"Man or woman?"

"Woman. Came here to the house looking for him. Came with a photographer the first time. I directed her next door. Good looking girl."

Mike got out the photo. "This her?"

"Yes, that's her. You know her?

"My ex-wife."

"Oh," Fred looked uncomfortable.

"It's no problem," Mike said. "She walked out on me five years ago."

"Well," Fred said, "She came over for a couple of weeks and stayed about an hour each time. I thought she might be getting his story. You know, 'abandoned by my family'.

"The photographer didn't come after the first time. Anyway she stopped coming and a week later all that trouble erupted."

Mike smiled. "Thanks Fred, Lucy. That's been a great help. Can I ask you not to tell Claire we've been?"

"Fine with us," said Lucy. "Will you be getting together with her again?"

"I don't know; I hope so."

They asked for, and he gave them his phone number and that of his mobile.

They drove back to Mike's place in silence. This time they drank Mike's whisky.

There was little to say.

"Claire's got to know," said Tom.

"Yes," Mike replied. "The problem is getting her to believe it all."

"Bob's got to be stopped," Tom said next.

"Yes, as soon as possible."

"I'll get some of our mates to keep an eye open for him," said Tom.

"Thanks," said Mike, then a thought came to him. "If Cheryl was talking to Sonter, what are the odds she told him where Claire was?"

"If that's the case, she's guilty of conspiracy. At the least breaking the injunction," said Tom. "Contempt of court."

"More than that. She's responsible for Claire's injuries."

"And yours. She has to be punished."

"One way or another."

More whisky.

Tom stayed over.


Tom knew a guy called Geoff who worked at the Echo, though Mike had never met him.

Apparently Tom and Geoff met for lunches or evening drinks mid-week, whereas Mike was strictly a weekend man since he usually had work to do in the evenings. It was Monday night when Tom rang to ask if Mike could spare a couple of hours on Tuesday evening to meet the man.

It was a fruitful meeting and very convivial. Apparently Geoff had no time for Cheryl, who, he cheerfully told them, seemed to have slept with every available male in the newspaper office. She wasn't Geoff's type, mainly because he was gay, but she seemed to have settled with Steven, who he described as a 'randy bugger'.

After a few drinks, when he was feeling really cheerful, they asked him about Cheryl and the Gary Sonter case. Oh yes, she was involved with that in some way, though he didn't think she actually interviewed anyone involved. How did he know? She had been asking about the Christmas story when Gary Sonter's wife disappeared before the recent incident. In fact by the time Claire was attacked Cheryl didn't seem all that interested any more.

He remembered she got Sonter's address. Something about a follow-up story on the bereaved husband who'd lost his whole family. Did she know about the injunction? Oh, yes, that was announced to everyone. Everyone was told how serious breaking the injunction would be, personally for the reporter concerned, and for the paper.

So on Wednesday night Mike was looking forward, if that's the right word, to catching up on the work he'd missed on the Tuesday night. He was eating his late dinner having got in after extra work at the office, when the phone rang. It was Tom.

"Mike!" he shouted down the phone. "Can you get to 'The Hole' fairly quickly? Bob has taken Claire there for drinks and dancing. If he couldn't get at her during the day, I think he's making a play tonight. Someone must be looking after the kids."

"OK," Mike said, holding the receiver away from his ear. "You going as well?"

"Wouldn't miss it for the world!" he laughed. "I'll divert to Tracy's and pick her up. This is her chance to put things right."

"See you there," Mike said, and they disconnected.


Mike stood just inside the entrance. The club was full, but he spotted them at a table for four in a secluded corner. They were sitting at two adjacent sides of the table facing the dance floor.

He watched them talking. He watched Bob's hand cover hers on the table, and saw she did not pull hers away. He watched as Bob put his hand on her knee, and saw her gently take it off and smile at him.

Bob seemed to be apologising for she laughed. Bob put it back and she left it there. He leant over to her and kissed her. Mike couldn't see if she kissed him back but her hands stayed on the table.

Mike always prided himself on his logical approach to life. He prided himself on his ability to subordinate his emotions to the logic of any situation. Not any more it seemed. Logically Claire had decided to break relationship with him. It was her right. He might find her reasoning suspect, nay ridiculous, but as a free individual she had a perfect right to do that. Any resentment at her being entertained by another man should have been suppressed. But it wasn't. No.

At that kiss Mike was gripped by deep anger. It was rage, a feeling of deep betrayal. He had to keep telling himself to calm down or he would have lost it and started a fight. His ire was directed solely at her; she, the one who had assured him of her love during the previous six months; she, who had given herself to him body and soul, and to whom he had pledged his love.

Here she was paddling palms with one of the worst wastrels anyone knew. Not just a wastrel but a parasite who begged money off the women he bedded. All he had to offer was a large penis, and they all fell over themselves to sample it, and here was Claire doing the same.

Mike saw them in his mind's eye at her house in her bed. He could imagine her feelings as his huge member stretched her, her exclamations that she had never felt so good. Mike was forgotten. Her lies about letting him go because she loved him were made all the more disgusting. In spite of these thoughts he did manage to keep his calm, but only just.

Then she looked up and saw him. Mike was intrigued by her expression as she realised he was there staring at her. She took Bob's hand off her knee. He could have sworn she looked guilty then annoyed.

She said something to Bob who turned and saw Mike. He looked worried. It was quite gratifying for Mike really. He made his way to their table. His face must have shown his true feelings, for he could have sworn there was fear on their faces. Perhaps worried that he would be violent or cause a scene?

He reached the table and stood over them. He ignored Claire for the moment.

"Hello Bob," he said smiling, but his stare was cold. "Out with your latest conquest? Another notch on the bedpost?"

"Look Mike," he began. "Don't make trouble. She's finished with you. She's with me now."

Claire made a movement at this but Mike was not really paying attention.

"I can see that, arse-hole," he said, his smile gone. "Have you told her about Adrienne, and Cloë, and Lea wasn't it, you know, the three married women you're shagging during the day while their husbands are at work? I noticed your affair with Claire here has been conducted during the day as well, I suppose so the kids don't find out?"

"How d'you know?" he wondered.

"Neighbours Bob, neighbours," Mike said. "You didn't have to be so careful with her, though, did you? No husband to take offence? And what about Cheryl, does she know you're screwing behind her back, not that she needs to be offended with what she gets up to."

"Cheryl?" he blustered, "I don't know what you mean."

"My ex-wife, arse-hole," he explained doggedly. "You know, the woman you're living with. So you're out clubbing with the latest woman to be intrigued by your big cock? Is she paying? Or is Cheryl funding this little outing? You've got no cash have you? You want to tell Claire about that, she may not want to be the latest addition to your harem!"

Now he turned to Claire. "So it was all a front. All those protestations of love, you were dumping me because you loved me? That's a laugh! It was really because you wanted some different cocks, and he's got a nice big one.

"Was it Tracy that told you he was hung? So the woman I thought had high ideals turns out to be a cock slut! I loved you so much, Claire, I worshipped you. I loved you when I first met you with all those bruises, I loved you when Gary had slashed your face and body, your appearance made no impression on that love.

"You think I'm so shallow that my feelings for you depend of a pretty face? Because that's what you told me. I would only stay out of a sense of duty, wasn't it? Loyalty? You stupid cow, loyalty can come out of love, it's a side effect.

"And these ideas were reinforced by three friends of Cheryl. Cheryl Claire, who had a grudge against you and your family! Oh, by the way, you know she visited Gary in the fortnight before he attacked you? After he tried to murder you she stopped visiting him. Did you never wonder who told Gary where you were?"

"But–" She tried to interrupt but Mike was on a roll.

"Well, when you didn't die, she turned you off me through her friends, including this one here. Did you never wonder why he suddenly turned up at your bedside? And now Cheryl's succeeded in putting me off you. Have a good life, Claire, the world is full of big cocks. Plenty to choose from."

He turned and left. Claire had not a chance to say anything, but he thought he heard her call him above the noise of the music. As he reached the door, he literally bumped into Tom and Tracy.

"Where are they?" Tom asked, scanning the room and finding his own answer. "Oh, they appear to be fighting. Time for Tracy and I to chat with them, eh?"

Then he looked at Mike's face and realisation dawned. "You've seen them, haven't you?"

"Yes," he said. "I've finished with that bitch. She can screw whoever she likes. Finished!"

He brushed past Tom and left. He got in the car and was about to drive away, when he decided to take some deep breaths. Just as well, it would have been foolish to drive out in his frame of mind. As he put the car in gear, he saw Claire, Tom and Tracy coming out of the club. Claire made as if to run towards his car, but he drove out and away.

It was a long drive to the haven that was his empty desolate house. He slumped into a chair and closed his eyes.

His thoughts went something like this: Why do I do it? Why get involved with people? I didn't look for her love, in fact I assumed she didn't love me. Then the children and my friends turned my mind to her and I fell. And for what? Now look at me. Angry. Lonely. Jealous. Resentful. And scarred for life!

He reached for the bottle of red wine, then put it down. Then picked it up again and poured a large glass. He lifted the glass to his lips and the doorbell rang. He cursed long and volubly: he'd left the gates open. He wandered to the door. It was Tom.

He stood back to let him in but Tom stood on the step. Mike cocked an eyebrow questioningly.

"Mike, I've got Claire in the car. She's very, very upset. Tracy is trying to comfort her but she's verging on the hysterical. Will you talk to her?"

"Sorry, Tom," he snapped. "I talked to the tart in the club. The truth hurts. She'll get over it and find another cock to enjoy."

"Come on, Mike! That's unworthy of you!"

"Why Tom, why do I have to be the worthy one? Have I fucked anyone since Claire dumped me? There you see, very worthy. But that slut in the car? Why should I care about her? Tell her to go home and look after her children."

"Mike!" he shouted angrily. Mike took a step back. He didn't remember Tom ever doing that before in all their years together. He stopped his tirade.

"Mike," he said again. "She couldn't believe what you'd said. All that info you gave her was a complete surprise. Bob, of course denied everything until Tracy confronted him. It didn't take long for Claire to realise she'd made a dreadful mistake finishing with you. She's overloaded with what she's learned. With guilt, Mike!"

"Cheryl realised she'd made a mistake as well and I sent her packing too. These women are all alike. You've got it right Tom, fuck 'em and leave 'em."

"You know as well as I do that Claire is a different matter, you know deep down there's not a selfish bone in her body." Tom paused to let that sink in, which it did.

Tom was right and Mike's brain knew it, but all his rampant emotions denied it.

He slumped. Tom turned, thinking he'd won the argument, what there was of it. Mike stopped him with his hand.

"Tom," Mike said humbly. "You're a good friend. Look at me. The state I'm in. This isn't the time to talk to Claire. Why don't you and Tracy take her home and spend an hour or so with her.

"Tell her to come back tomorrow when the children are in school. After a night's sleep, I'll be better able to stop my temper getting the better of me.

"But Tom, after what I saw tonight, and after her sessions with Bob at her house – you know I've never been invited in there? – I don't know if there's any point. Don't give her false hopes. She's betrayed me badly."

"OK," he said, seeing the sense of it, "but think on this. If you don't love her to bits, why are you so wound up? Good night!"

He turned and went back to the car. He drove off and Mike could see Claire's face looking back. It reminded him of the children's faces when they had to leave. He started to get uptight again.

A few minutes later his mobile phone alerted him to a text. It read, Claire coming after kids 2 school. It was from Tom's phone.

What Mike perhaps should have done was to sit down with a leisurely glass of wine, and think things through. What he did was to slug back two more glasses of the stuff and stagger off to bed.


Some people wake and immediately feel a deep sense of dread at the coming day. That was something foreign to Mike; he always woke up ready to enjoy whatever the day would throw at him. It came from running his own business and generally being a success in it.

However, on Thursday morning he felt that dread. He didn't want to face this day. He did not feel ill, or tired, or even hung over. He just didn't think he could face a showdown with Claire.

He did what everyone else does. He dragged himself out of bed and showered, shaved, dressed and had breakfast, and he did feel better then. It was 8.30am. Rosemary would be in. He phoned to say he would be in late, probably after lunch.

"I hear you had some angry words with Claire last night," she said in answer. "Are you going to see her this morning?"

Whence did the woman get her information? Was she part of a spy network? Mike said as much.

"Oh. That's easy," she laughed. "Tom rang to see if you were in. He told me."

"Thanks Tom," Mike said, provoking another loud laugh from Rosemary. "Yes I am awaiting her arrival. Am I right, I don't have any urgent appointments today, do I?"

He was assured that his day could be made completely flexible. There were some internal meetings but they could wait.

He settled down to some research on his computer, but soon realised that the exercise was fruitless. He was preoccupied with Claire's impending visit.

He reviewed their relationship since Gary's attack. Yes, she was worried about her attractiveness before the three Job's comforters arrived. Yes, she was upset that he was not more loving and took that to mean he was repulsed by her appearance.

She had said nothing to him about her worries. He thought he'd scotched that idea when she told him it was over, he'd been up to his eyes with practicalities, and he had always kissed her lips and cheek, the uninjured one, when arriving and leaving, and he did tell her he loved her: " 'Bye, love you."

No, they didn't talk about their relationship. Most of the time he had one or more of the children with him. He was in constant pain from his own wounds. He was running round like a headless chicken, as well as trying to keep the business on course. Perhaps he should have talked more. On the other hand she could have asked if things were still as they were between them. She didn't.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.