May Day - Cover

May Day

Copyright© 2016 by Lapi

Chapter 1

Being here this early 'in season' was probably a waste of time but I had a lot of time. Time, money and patience seemed all that was necessary for what I was doing. 'Nope' I thought, 'determination' had to be there otherwise, one could not endure the failures that resulted from my efforts without that.

Sitting down in the shade by a small corpse of trees, only 5 or 6 trees really, I stared along the beach. This was the third year I had been coming here, usually not this early. It was April and things did not start to get busy until the end of May. I had found that out before.

I looked down to my hands. They were opening and closing as if grasping some kind of elusive prey.

Back when finding Jenny, my younger sister, had been foremost in my mind, killing those who had taken her was my next priority.

By now that had rather reversed itself, well maybe not exactly reversed, my thoughts had changed though. Finding her here, even her body, was no longer something that was number one on my agenda. I still hoped but did not really think so anymore.

Finding and eliminating those who took her was now the 'prime objective'; in-fact, anyone who did that was now a 'target of opportunity'. If I could not get Jenny back then at least I would spare someone the torture I was going through.

I settled down, a basket next to me, a folded blanket and a little thing playing some songs. It had been this way a long time, although now there was something different. A few things had varied, like what was in the basket. Today Marie had packed some cheese, fresh bread, sausage and two bottles of water, oh yes, some fruit, apples today. I was eating different, as were my meal couriers.

I had leased a house this year. It was larger than I needed, quite expensive but overlooked the beach. With glasses, I could see for what looked like miles. 1 April until the end September was more than the entire season. Marie had come with the lease. She took care of the inside and cooked; while her husband drove and cared for the outside.

The rent had been $12,000 (USD) per month but it was not available for July, I offered $15,000 cash a month for the 6 months; 1 April until the end September, 6 months this year and the same 6 months for the next two years after that. It almost did not get accepted, but in the end a large set-up incentive sealed the deal or was it paying all those charges up-front that changed some minds.

I spoke decent French, some I had learned long ago. It stood me well here now. Day one I had a talk with Marie and Saatchi, her husband. "Hire some help this season, get better food and more meat for us, don't worry about the cost. (They actually got mostly more fish, but hey, other things were on my mind by then.) Here is some extra money now and as you need more, I'll add to it. I will have no set time to eat meals and much of what I eat will be on the beach. You will have to bring it to me there; I don't want you to work so hard hence getting some help. Capiche'?"

I just remembered that last word was not French, but they both seemed to understand and were pleased. They were more pleased when they found out I had taken the house all season, even more so to discover it was for several years. At least that was what I thought when I saw the look on Marie's face. You know guy's, 'that look'.

I no longer had a desire to go anywhere else though. The winter cold might change that though amongst other things. Might I have been a bit depressed?

We had wind and rain until the first weekend I was in 'residence'. It was still chilly in April but at least the sun was out. It was my first trip to the beach that year, first of many that is. School was not out yet so Marie informed me her help would only be there on weekends and late Friday afternoons starting in May until school was over. The trees were close and not many souls were 'out and about' anyway so that seemed fine to me.

So I sat and waited, waited and sat and got a bit fat, or at least fatter than I already was. Finally, I started walking along the beach, slowly at first, then a might faster until one day, that next Friday morning; I got up, felt a little cocky and went all the way into the village. Four and a half miles each way. Going there, I ran some, going back, I had to walk but only after an hour and half rest; can you say 'out of shape' three times quickly? Hint, no matter how good you may feel, watch it. Water never tasted so good too.

April faded away, soon it was May. Myself. I always hated school. Yes, yeah of little faith we had school back then, even though I had to walk uphill both ways, to and from. May brought a surprise, two in-fact; Andrea and Carmella, twin girls, maybe 15 or 16 with long blonde hair, legs to match and by looking at them you could only imagine how many hearts they would break in a few years.

These near goddesses were Marie's help of course. 'Oh my' I thought. There was a god and she liked me. I turned to Mecca, said a bunch of prayers and moved my fingers as if Tibetan prayer beads were in them. I was taking no chances if anyone of any religion was listening to my thanks for these two.

I was not a religious person but 'man oh man'; these two beauties could change a man's outlook on that. Then I looked at them and turned away, a might misty. My sister was not much older than they were when she had disappeared from here.

Marie was their boss, but on that first day I got the impression that, ugh, that, that; mmm, maybe they were older than they looked and liked older men. The smiles and their cute curtsey made that thought more possible to me. Did I say how they looked?

Saturday, yep warm weather, sunshine and two nymphs carrying my lunch made the world a nice place to be. As they got closer, these old eyes noticed something. Yep, typical French girls, they were topless. Let me see, beautiful girls, topless and sort of hips swaying side to side towards me. 'Can life get much better?' I thought. I guess it could.

They unfolded a blanket near the tree I rested against and began to place some food, wine, fruit and water about me. One of them, I still could not tell them apart mumbled something. In my man sense of humor I responded by saying that "No, there are no purple cows around here". (an old joke for most Americans trying to learn French, 'Vache' Violet' maybe. After a shake of her pretty little head, she smiled and came close.

A bit louder she said; "Madam has said we need to ask your permission to use one of the spare bedrooms and live here. We graduate next month and have asked Mama if we could stay here. We would be no bother, could be more help to Marie and take better care of you, perhaps?" I think she set a new world speed talking record in getting all that out in 3.5 seconds and without a breath.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.