Mind the Time - Cover

Mind the Time

Copyright© 2014 by Old Man with a Pen

Chapter 38

The pad came to her and she called DHS. "This is the Princess ... you know ... the Ruler. I want to speak to the idiot who sent those two old bitches to my home."

"This is Miss Pinchton. How may I help you."

"Princess Wendolyn here."

"Your highness."

"Did you send those two old bags to my house?"

"I have the law on my side, your Highness."

"What law? I have already graduated from high school."

"Princessapality law states that a child must attend classes until age eighteen."

"I was."

"You're not now. You were suspended."

"Do you know why I was suspended?"

"Your mother told me you were out of the country without her permission and without adult supervision, I suggested that she call the University."

"So you're the one."

"I'm the one what?"

"This is all your fault. I was sent to find a school by the Access Commissioner."

"Your mother didn't tell us that."

"Who is US?"

"The coffee klatch."

"The what?"

"There are several of we directors who meet on Saturday at the Busy Bea. The Princess often meets with us to discuss the problems of the country."

Great ... just great..."Tell me, how old are the members of this unofficial meeting of the minds?"

"Well ... your mother was the youngster."

Vee rolled her eyes ... not that Miss Pinchton could see her ... but she rolled them anyway.

"Well, as much as I hate to say it ... mother is in retirement..."

"You know, you are still required to continue your educate ... Hate to say it? Why is that?"

"I didn't want ... I don't want ... Geese ... I don't want the responsibility of the watch ... and now I'm stuck with it."

"You don't?"

"I'm fifteen ... I've been turning down the watch for three years ... Since I've been forced ... by your actions ... to take it up, I am going to make changes ... you and all your politically appointed buddies should begin preparing for the new appointees. You're fired."

"Damn ... I hate it when I can't slam down a phone!!! Junior! Wendy! I need help."

"Are you sure? You've been pretty bitchy."

"Junior. By the power vested in me by the office of Princess of the Princessapality I appoint you Regent."

"No! No! No! No! I don't want it! NoNoNoNo!" exclaimed Junior.

"Well, I have to go to school for three years ... and I can't do both. You're it."

"No! Give it to Wendy."

"Don't look at me, I don't have any experience. I never got to be Princess."

"This was so much easier when we lived on the island," Junior said. "I miss my mom. It's been 48 years ... on my birthday. I miss my mom."

"I miss my daughter ... I miss my husband," said Wendy.

"I miss my freedom and my dad," Vee said.

"Let's go for a sail," said Gary.

"Hello Gary. When did you get here?"

"Just now. Your Highness, it's summer ... you don't have to be in school. My work is caught up. We can all take a vacation."

"I have too much to do," said Vee.

"Like what?"

"New directors, new department heads, speeches ... yo know ... administrative junk."

"What?" asked Gary.

"The coffee klatch," explained Vee.

"Say no more, I was never invited," Gary said. "Too young ... radical ideas, they said."

"Well, I need new thinking," said Vee. "Want to be Prime Minister?"

"No!"

"How about Regent?"

"Why would you need a Regent?"

"I have to go to school," Vee whined.

"So ... go to school here ... well, Mount Pleasant ... or Ferris. You know ... that's where most of your mother's administration came from."

"Ferris?"

"No ... nearly all of the appointments were people she admired when she was at school?"

"Where did mom go to school?"

"Community College ... remember ... she had a phobia about people who were above average. She commuted."

"Commuted?"

"You have the watch ... use it. She did."

"Gods, I never thought of that."

"You know ... for a smart young lady you can be pretty dumb."

Vee glared at him.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.