Protection and Preservation, Book 07 - Cover

Protection and Preservation, Book 07

Copyright© 2014 by radio_guy

Chapter 22

[Janice writes]

Over the next month, a few things occurred.

First, Andy was released as healthy and Pam was showing great progress. Second, the Harold's adopted Jacob into their family. Third, they picked a house in Preservation and planned to stay as members of the community.

Jacob is overjoyed and intensely proud of his new last name and his family. Strangely, the happiest was Andy. Apparently, she really did want a brother! The only disappointment the four teens had was when I would not allow them to chaperone each other. I told Bobbi and Charlie that there was too much romance among the four and all seven parents feared collusion if they were called upon to chaperone each other.

In that conversation, Charlie asked if I thought Poppa Jack would relax the age restriction like he did a few years ago for Kevin and Laura. I told him that was a very special situation but he could ask though I held out no hope. I said, "Charlie, your grandfather and grandmother made those rules for a reason. If he allows an exception for you, there are two issues to consider. If you marry, how are the two of you going to live? Does that mean no more schooling? Where will you live? Have you built or cleared a house? Last, what about the precedent that is set if you marry?"

Charlie looked troubled. I added, "If you can't answer all those questions fully and completely to your grandfather's satisfaction, you have no hope for a positive answer."

Bobbi said, "Charlie, that's no time at all. We have to wait almost four years." Then she grinned. "You and Andy could wait on us and make it a double wedding!" Bobbi and I laughed though Charlie didn't see the same amount of humor in the remark that we did.

Charlie never did talk to Poppa Jack. Poppa mentioned that fact to me, adding that he was relieved because he didn't want to relax the age restriction. We went through the winter and spring found us celebrating birthdays. Jacob didn't know the date of his birthday though it was spring and he knew he would soon be twelve. Andy would be fourteen and Jacob asked her and their parents if he could adopt her birthday as his also. That request was joyfully granted. It made him twenty-six days older than Bobbi. Of course, Charlie was five days younger than Andy. He only kidded her once about his passion for older women in public. Andy quietly suggested that she would break his arm if that comment were ever repeated. He grinned at her but didn't do it again, at least, not in public!

My self-defense classes were popular as were all classes offered. I used Bennie and Robby as my subjects. I had to warn Herb and a few other men that they needed to think about the consequences of throwing someone lighter and smaller.

Pam was in my classes and doing well. She was healed though still favored her left shoulder very slightly. We talked about it after I brought it up. She admitted that it was still tender but Doctor Anne told her it might be tender for a year though she was also instructing Pam to use it hard to build her strength on her left side.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.