Aging Well 2, the Sequel - Cover

Aging Well 2, the Sequel

Copyright© 2014 by radio_guy

Chapter 4

[Sandy writes]

Jack is right. She is a gorgeous girl. She saw us and gave me a tremulous smile. "Jack told you?"

"He did but I knew. I've always known." I sat down beside her and hugged her. I felt small beside her and I'm not short. "Gretchen, he has more admirers than just us. One of the reasons he attracts good women is that he is a good man in every best sense of those words. I love him and was lucky enough to be available when he was available.

"He's an altogether lovely man. I am happy and proud to be his wife. However, he's not the only one of his type in the world. We are going to help you find a lovely man for your own. Just be patient and know that we love you and want the best for you."

She hugged me tightly. I could feel her breasts push into mine. Her firm body would be a delight to any man. I also realized she was strong. I lifted my head and gave her a quick kiss on her lips. She let me go and I got up pulling her with me. "Where are your clothes?"

She reached down and picked up a bundle. "Right here."

"Okay, let's get them in the washer with our stuff." We walked into the laundry room where Jack was loading the washing machine.

He looked up and saw us. He grinned. "I'm performing one of the few tasks that are within my capabilities.

I went to his far side hugging his waist. "Kiss Gretchen, darling. She needs it." He turned and took her in his arms. He gave her a lingering, though chaste, kiss. I could see her body shiver in delight.

Her arms were around his neck. "Thank you, Poppa. I needed a manly kiss this day." She looked at me. "Thanks for the loan, Mom."

He grinned. "I try to do what I can. There's just too many beautiful women and I'm just one old man."

Gretchen and I laughed. I said, "You're plenty man enough." The wash was started. "Walk us back to the living room and sit in the middle." Jack did as he was told. "Jack, darling, tell me truly and completely what you are feeling right now."

He said slowly and with a bit of reluctance. "I am sitting between two lovely, sexy women. I am married to one and incredibly attracted to both of you and that worries me. I shouldn't be in this situation." He was blushing.

I crawled into his lap. "Jack, I'm sorry for pushing you. I did want Gretchen to know without any question that she is so incredibly attractive that a happily married man who takes his vows seriously even feels tempted." Gretchen and Jack both blushed. I grinned. "Gretchen, do you understand that you must search for a man who truly has confidence in himself? A lesser man will be scared away.

"Look for a good man who isn't intimidated by your looks and brains. Those men are out there. They just aren't thick upon the ground."

Jack had an arm around Gretchen and had an arm around my waist after I had taken possession of his lap. He gave each of us a squeeze. I kissed his lips while Gretchen kissed his cheek.

We settled back to being held by my wonderful husband. When the washing machine stopped, I disentangled and pulled them up. "Jack, put the clothes in the dryer and join us in the kitchen to figure out supper."

He grinned at me. "Yes, dear." He headed for the laundry room.

Gretchen and I went into the kitchen. I looked in the fridge for food that wasn't frozen. We had three pounds of hamburger that needed to be split and frozen. I pulled it out along with three baking potatoes, bread, eggs, and spices. I pulled a mixing bowl down.

Gretchen said, "What can I do?"

I grinned fiendishly. First, keep the robe closed. You're too pretty for any more of you to be displayed. Seriously, I need the pecan pieces bag and a large, zippered storage bag from the pantry." I pointed. She went for those while I separated the ground beef in two sections. One went in the bowl and the other went in the storage bag and the freezer.

Gretchen came back from the freezer and said, "Now, what may I do?"

"Would you crumple the bread into my bowl while I add the rest." She nodded looking happy to help. I added a couple of eggs, spices and the pecans. I began to mix it all up by hand with the bread as she added it. Jack came into the kitchen still smiling as we finished forming the meat loaf.

I washed the potatoes and they and the meat loaf went into the oven. "Jack, get out the lettuce, tomatoes, cucumber, green pepper, carrots, celery, and anything else you think ought to be in a salad." He grabbed everything I asked him to get and also grabbed some spinach and squash. I saw those and nodded. "We can use some of each."

We sat at the kitchen table with cutting boards and knives for Gretchen and me while Jack tore up lettuce and some spinach. I told Gretchen that I didn't trust Jack with sharp tools. She giggled. It turned to laughter when Jack said with a deadpan face and voice, "She says I'm too much of a cut up." I just rolled my eyes.

We finished making the salad and I put the bowl in the fridge to stay cool while our food cooked. "Jack, darling, please fix me a Rusty Nail. Gretchen, what would you like?"

"What's a Rusty Nail?"

"It's Drambuie and Scotch on the rocks. It's a drink that Jack introduced me to. It's good for sipping. However, he can make most anything you might want."

"I'll try one, too."

Jack said, "Three Rusty Nails coming up!"

I said, "We'll go back to the living room. It will take about forty minutes or so for the meat and potatoes to cook."

We were seated. I put Jack in his big chair with me on his lap and Gretchen on the sofa close to us. Gretchen sipped her drink. "It's smooth but I sense that, if I threw it back, I might get hammered."

"The first time Jack fixed me one, he didn't warn me. On the other hand, I didn't tell him that I can hold my liquor really, really well." I think he was trying to lower my defenses." Jack was busy looking innocent. "They were pretty low by then anyway."

The dryer buzzed and Gretchen and I went into the laundry room to fold the clean clothes. She said, "If you close the door, I can get dressed." I nodded and pushed the door closed. She dressed. We returned to the living room and sat down again.

Gretchen said, "Sandy, please tell me more about how you two met and fell in love."

"Gretchen, it wasn't all that special at first, though that changed quickly. I had been living here for about a year. I enjoyed my running, painting, and sewing. I had noticed Jack move in on a Saturday but didn't make any particular note of the event.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.