Internal Affairs
Chapter 6

Copyright© 2014 by MysteryWriter

He met Rose in the park across from the headquarters building. She brought the Walmart bag with his clothes from the previous day. "So do I kiss you, or pretend we didn't have sex last night?" he asked.

"We didn't have sex last night," she said emphatically.

"Okay, if you feel like you need to deny it, I will play along," he said.

"You might not want to talk like that with most people. They might have you locked away in a padded room," Rose said seriously.

"Ah well, no cerebral sex for you, I can tell. So did you finish at the house?" Roger asked.

"almost, I think you are going to like what you see," Rose said.

"I'm sure I will. Of course I'm going to have to assume that you are going to be monitoring my every movement and word," Roger said.

"Is that more of the drug induced paranoia?" she asked.

"I don't need the drugs for that. You do remember the smell of burned dog in the air yesterday?" he asked.

"Not really, wood smoke yes, but burned dog no," She said.

"I guess if you didn't know the smell included Wendy, then you wouldn't know," he said knowing that she was way to literal thinking to understand. Hillary would have understood, or at least known he was playing at being an amateur philosopher.

They drove in silence until they reached his drive. The large SUV belonging to the professors sat in his drive.

"Let me out here and wait for me," he said. He walked to where the deck had once been. It seemed to be recovery central. Both professors were loading those large black plastic bags with crockery.

"Professor, I am so sorry. I had no idea this would happen." Roger said. "I hope it wasn't about me. It might have just been an act of senseless destruction," Roger said.

"Or it could have been someone with a grudge against you," His wife said.

"Or someone you gave a bad grade to," Roger said.

"To Whom," she answered.

"Okay someone to whom you gave a bad grade," Roger said.

"I don't think so," her husband said. "There was a voice mail at work for me yesterday. It came in after the story broke. He left it in my voice mail at the University. I gave it to the Deputy working the case. The man said he was sorry and that he thought it was where you lived."

"I see, well I'm sorry you got caught up in my drama. If there is anything I can do please call on me," Roger said. The professors ignored his outstretched hand.

Roger got back into the car. "You will be lucky if they don't get a lawyer and sue." Rose said.

"I am indemnified against any lawsuit arising from my actions as an undercover cop. First by the fact that I was acting as an agent of the federal government, and secondly by the newspaper coverage. The professors can claim they didn't know about the risk, but they were living in town when the story broke. It ran off and on for almost a year. The newspaper even had pictures of me in uniform. So if they didn't know who they were renting from they were idiots.

As far as the court is concerned they knew at least as much as I did. The only thing I didn't do is have them sign a waiver." Roger suggested.

"Roger, you really should go into witness protections," Rose said.

"Ah another of Satan's advocates heard from," Roger said. "Let's go around the professor's car and take a look at what you have done."

The first level of protection was a lighted sign. It read, 'Warning you are being recorded'. There were two cameras mounted on the sign post, which rose ten feet above the ground. "Those won't last long," Roger commented.

Rose pointed to the pine thicket about ten yards down the drive. "I don't see anything," Roger said.

"That's the idea. We have the real camera there. The other two are girl friend cameras. The hard core killer cams are less visible. They are motion and sound activated. We have a camera on each side of the cabin as well. Then one inside. You can access any of them with your cell phone."

"I have to admit that is a cool plan. So what is the plan for when I am asleep inside. That's when they will most likely come," Roger said.

"Motion detectors in the pine thicket, along with barbed wire strung six inches off the ground. That's a little old school but it gets their minds off the real shit. A couple of sound mines with a half dozen fifty pound release triggers. A bear or dear might set them off once, but not likely. All this shit is Solar powered," Rose explained. There is one thing we still have to erect.

We were forced to go with a custom gate. They couldn't have it ready until next week. I will be back with a crew to install it. To open and close it you will have to go to the INTERNET. The good news is that it can be activated with a pass code online. That is also the bad news, so don't give it to anyone."

"So how about my flood lights?" Roger asked.

"Four mounted on the cabin and they are also solar battery powered. Anyone cutting the power would have to get to the cabin and they would be on your camera files," she said.

"Well Miss Rose, you obviously know what you are doing," Roger said.

"Yes I do. So here is the number to call for service and your temporary password," she said.

"You have to be kidding me. My password is Donut6175?" Roger asked.

"Donut for your cop status and 6175 for your height and weight. You will need to change it." Rose replied.

"No shit," Roger replied.

"The password has to be at least five letters and four numbers," she informed him.

"Right, so are you coming in?" Roger asked.

"Why, our business is complete" she said, then added just to be absolutely sure he would never call her again, "Nobody likes a snitch."

"Nice, I figured you were a snake," Roger said with a laugh as he exited the car.

Roger went into the tiny house he had built inside the shell of his storage shed. Inside the house he fixed himself a peanut butter and jelly sandwich. He also poured himself a glass of all chemical ice tea made from a dry mix purchased at Walmart. He bought most of his groceries there.

 
There is more of this chapter...

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.