Do You Believe in Magic? - Cover

Do You Believe in Magic?

Copyright© 2014 by Rolf

Chapter 5

Science Fiction Sex Story: Chapter 5 - One way or another things that are supposed to happen do. Take Ben and Bev for example. Things between them were, well, pretty dull. The right time, the right conditions and, Wham! 5 years of dull and they get a new spark. Where would it end you ask? Read on Mac Duff and you'll find out. That is if Bev and Ben can survive that first adventure together. 'Live' off the land, how appropriate that saying would be.

Caution: This Science Fiction Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Ma/ft   Fa/Fa   ft/ft   Fa/ft   Consensual   Magic   Fiction   Science Fiction   Extra Sensory Perception   Time Travel   Harem   Polygamy/Polyamory   Exhibitionism   First   Oral Sex   Petting   Safe Sex   Slow  

Somewhere no one might expect for a test to take place.

Neither Ben nor Bev knew that whichever doorway had been selected, the site, test and suspected failure chosen made no diffeeence. All would follow a pre-determined sequence. Only the results would be unknown. The tests would always be fair. Fair had never meant 'equal', that would depend on what exactly had been in doubt.

In the plea Maxine had made, Ben's Honesty, Integrity and Compassion had been challenged. All three would be tested; one would become his fourth win in any case. This first testing would allow for his Valor to come forth. If fear overcame that, the other three would result in his elimination from the tests.

Courage, Dedication, Selflessness and Sacrifice would be tested. In a way all led up to an indication if the man had any Compassion, for that was often the most difficult to reach a conclusion on.

Into The Breech ... There are some things man, by his very nature, generally refuses to do. We inherit an unrealistic fear of the dark, things like a cave, we abhor being buried or trapped underground, and there is an inherent response to breathe when underwater. As in most things that are not a true 'phobic' reaction, responses to them can be un-learned and controlled.

Without exception, man has not been able to control his response to the unknown, how something or someone may react. Instinct and nature take hold and try as we might; predictable responses of our perceived adversaries take hold. The old adage about, 'Shoot first and ask questions later' takes hold. In some cases these responses do not even have to be real, they might be imagined. Take for example being lost in a forest, night closes in, the only sounds now are ones you don't recognize, or do you? Is it... ?

That same situation has resulted in people becoming insane, killing themselves or someone trying to save them. It can also serve to establish man's supremacy over those same fears and doubts. Ben and Bev would be tested but become stronger if they are successful; near a shell of their former selves should they fail.

The first thing I noticed was a kind of path, not really a footpath nor a trail. I don't know what to call it but it was obvious we were to follow it up the hill a way. What was getting more apparent with every step we took was the grass, trees, vines, bushes, plants and shrubs were rapidly growing taller and denser. In what I would estimate was no more than 200 yards, one could no longer see back from where we came let alone ahead. We reached what should have been the top of the hill, only there was no longer a hill, nor was there a trail. What lay all around us would best be described as some jungle; a primordial jungle.

If there was any doubt that other humans were about, this ancient forest eliminated that possibility. Bev and I were now holding hands. The wet we both felt was not caused by some tropical heat or rain falling down. We were both honestly in fear. Fear can do strange things. Any man who tells you they have never experienced fear is, well, not one I wish to play cards with. It is what you do in that situation that matters. In our case, we had no idea where we were, what to expect nor what would be required of us to do, or even not do.

We wore our backpacks; I had the sword slung on my back as well as the single shot pistol. Barrels clipped to the pack, wrapped in plastic covers. Bev and I alternated carrying the Med kit and we both had two canteens of water on our belt, tucked in the back. I took the sword and began to try to hack a clearer path for us. Bev had the knife out and carried the Med kit now. I said try to cut. Whatever it was in front of us did not cut. No, our way was not blocked, things just folded away or down as we pushed our way ahead. These were not small things either. Everything from what looked like grasses, cane, tall plants, more corn like stalks than like anything else; just bent aside.

Twenty or thirty paces we went. Left; then right thirty or so more, then straight ahead. There did not seem to be a sun, or anything like that overhead, yet there was light. A blue sort of light, not red or yellow though. Something was moving the things before us, like a gentle breeze, rustling leaves from side to side, but there was no breeze. To the right, we heard something; there it made a sound again, more to the left now. Just ahead, we saw...

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.