Harry Potter and the Game of Life - Cover

Harry Potter and the Game of Life

Copyright© 2014 by The GameMaster

Prologue

Fan Fiction Sex Story: Prologue - Harry Potter thought he'd done what he was meant to do when he allowed Lord Voldemort to kill him. He'd destroyed the last Horcrux only moments before and now Lord Voldemort could be killed by anyone. But a Meeting with Dumbledore int he Afterlife sheds light on the mans actions. Resolved he travels down a tunnel of light to go back to life. Just not in the way he intended...

Caution: This Fan Fiction Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Fiction   Fan Fiction   DoOver  

"Congratulations gamer, you have succeeded in accomplishing your primary task! You may choose to restart the game from a random point or continue to play, please state your choice."

"What the hell just happened? Dumbledore said that this would take me back into the real world!" Harry exclaimed confused. "Restart the game? What does..."

"You have chosen to restart the game! Good choice!" Announced the annoyingly cheerful voice.

"Wait I didn't choose, I was asking! What the hell is going on!" He angrily demanded.

"You have beaten the game on realistic difficulty, thus unlocked new reward points to spend. Your choice to restart the game and try to earn more rewards allows you to allocate your current rewards and have another go at life!"

Harry stood dumbfounded and looked around. After walking down the tunnel Dumbledore had told him would lead back to life he had ended up in this plain circular room, which inexplicably now had no exit.

Considering what little the voice had said he tried to work out what was happening. Was he dead after all? He couldn't be, he certainly didn't feel dead and Dumbledore was a little too freakish and abnormal for him to imagine.

His contemplation brought no new answers so he resolved to try and learn more from the already annoying voice.

"What is the game? And how did I beat it? What do you mean restart?"

Sounding as cheerful as before the voice replied.

"The game is life. There is no heaven nor hell after life. If you fail the game you die and that is the end of your story. But if you win the game you get to try the game again with the rewards you earned for beating the game."

Harry digested this information slowly. Much like the train station where he had spoken to Dumbledore there was no sensation of time here nor any reason to rush. It seemed that every time the voice answered his questions it raised more questions than it satisfied answers.

"How does one win at life?" He asked curiously. "How do you score such a game?"

"Excellent question" The voice praised. "The game of life is quite simple. You must do everything you can to survive and achieve as much as possible. When a new player is born he or she is randomly assigned a goal. One task that if accomplished means the player has beaten the game. Simple."

"Huh" Harry said nodding. "So I'm guessing my goal was to defeat Voldemort? Considering the prophecy that seems rather obvious. But I didn't actually kill him!" He protested.

"Your goal was the destruction of the Dark Lord Known as Lord Voldemort. Voldemort came into being when he created his first Horcrux, at that moment Tom Riddle was buried beneath hate and ambition. By destroying all of his Horcruxes you rendered the Dark Lord mortal once more, and destroyed the greatest source of his power. Though the husk of Tom Riddle lives, Lord Voldemort has died. You accomplished your task."

"That actually makes some sense." Harry mused idly. "Voldemort was an immortal Dark Lord who could not be killed, but by destroying his Horcruxes he ceased to exist. It's a bloody good job I found Nagini before I died then! Else I would have failed!"

"Yes, had you died without killing the snake, upon your death Lord Voldemort would have just withdrawn from the fray and let his followers destroy his opposition believing, quite rightly, that none could stop him once you were dead."

"So Dumbledore was wrong?" Harry asked shocked.

"Yes" The voice answered succinctly.

Harry sat down on the smooth floor heavily. The reality of how close he had come to oblivion scared him a little. He had thought himself ready to die, but as soon as he started talking to Dumbledore he had realised that those feelings were just a result of despair and hopelessness. Once he learned more about Dumbledores plan he really wanted to live. To beat Voldemort and destroy all of his forces once and for all.

"So now I have to do it all over again? Will I remember any of this? Can't I decide to carry on playing after all? I want to finish the job properly!" He declared all fired up.

"You have decided to restart the game. This decision cannot be changed. You will have no true memories of this time or the time before you restarted the game. But by choosing to restart the game you have been bestowed with the Deja Vu perk. This perk will give you strong instincts related to your past knowledge, but without true memories."

"Well that's better than nothing I suppose." He muttered. "I suppose the game will restart from birth?"

"No. Winning the game allows you to go back to a random point but as your failed to achieve the secondary condition you may not choose when you restart or know before hand when it will be. Would you like an accounting of your performance and rewards now?"

"An accounting of..." He exclaimed. "Yes tell me how I did, what I earned and what I failed to do."

Harry was curious as to what the secondary condition was, clearly he didn't need to accomplish the condition to win but there are rewards for doing so. But what kind of rewards could he earn? Choosing when he restarted from would be useful he supposed, but it seemed limited.

"You completed your primary task and destroyed the Dark Lord Voldemort and so earned one customisable Major and Minor perk and ten attribute points. You failed to outlive the Dark Lord and so you only earned the Major Flaw Martyr. You succeeded in keeping your best friends alive and so earned the achievement Protector of the weak and one customisable minor perk. You failed to keep Hogwarts free and so earned no reward. You failed to keep Albus Dumbledore alive and so earned no rewards for this aim. You failed to keep the Ministry of Magic intact and so failed to earn any reward. You failed to keep all the members of the Order of the Phoenix alive and so failed to earn any reward. You chose to restart the game and so earned the major Perk Deja Vu. You partially overcame your flaw Malnutrition and so earned the Minor Perk, Body Magic. Would you like to allocate your new customisable Major and minor perk?"

"Wait, wait a minute." He exclaimed.

So his aims were to Beat Voldemort, outlive him, keep the Ministry intact, keep Hogwarts free, keep his friends, Dumbledore and the Order alive? All fairly simple and things he would want to do but how could he do all that?

"If these are all my aims then what are the aims of the others?" Harry asked, a little annoyed. "Surely I can't do everything?"

"Players are assigned random tasks, and the rewards for said tasks are proportionate to the difficulty of the task."

"Okay so I earned big rewards, these perks? But what do they mean exactly? And what are the customisable perks?"

"Perks define you as a person. They can improve, or in the case of flaws, worsen your Attributes, which from the foundation for your capabilities."

"Well did I have any perks before? And what are my Attributes now? Did you say I have attribute points too?" He asked curiously.

When this story gets more text, you will need to Log In to read it

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.