Not Living on Sponge Cake Alone
Chapter 13

Copyright© 2014 by Jerrod

Wednesday, ‘coulda, woulda, shoulda’ been a day like any other, but noooo.

Breakfast was on time, but most of us got out of ‘the bed’ late. (It was a Big Bed)

Monique, Bridget, teamed with Kara and Julie (Who came to the house instead of the ships) to make the coffee, OJ and toast we all wanted. Cold cereal did not travel as well. There was crying in the kitchen and this was not even Mudde ... ville. Mandy and I had school, Mary, Sheila and Jen work, Kathy, Belle and Giselle were leaving early to train the new staff at Monica’s Place.

Monique and Bridget were told that Thursday would see all of us eat, not to worry. I followed Pete out, he was driving Mandy to her school, Karl drove the girls to the Water Works and Jake was already on the phone ordering whatever we needed. He takes care of those things, not me, I just plan, organize and control everything, ask any of my girls, on second thought, do not.

The previous night, or was it early today, I cannot be certain; I heard about many of the adventures. Belle had said she felt fine last night when we were having dinner. Kara and Julie were going to be at the house, first to help for breakfast then later to do what Kathy and Giselle had been doing, she would be training Giselle to take over the night duty from her. Three or four people from the ships would be going to help Vito until his new staff was ready. The way things were expensed would work in the short-term, eventually Julie and Kara would be officially transferred to the house account.

This was going to be a busy week. Today was our day of rest. Thursday, Mandy’s testing for the DL and the party celebrating her birthday coming up; there would be time Friday to take Wanderer out a bit. It would be the first time on her for the girls. The 8 hours prep then another eight for fixes and cleanup after we returned did not make sense for a 3-hour cruise, but hey, 5 pm to 8 pm would work if everyone were ready on time. I hoped John and Ben were not upset about things. Saturday the cars would be delivered and then a birthday party for Mandy. It was a tough schedule.

Mike was going to interview some added security for the girls and house. If everything worked out the new guards would have companions too, the four-leg kind. Something called ‘Invisible’ something was a wire buried along the perimeter we wanted secure. If it worked out, we would add more for guarding the ships too. Our insurance was ‘going through the roof’ with that add, even though the security detail worked for a firm that was already insured.

Mandy was still getting many remarks in school. Some were lewd but thankfully, none was abusive or physical things. She had already steeled herself as to dealing with them. Lunch meant that she sat alone. There were just a few more days this semester. We had talked about a tutor or being home-schooled and even the new on-line schooling to grade 12. During her class after lunch what started out as an irritating day turned worse as the intercom sounded, “Ms. Morris, please report to the office!”

When she arrived, she was shown into the office where sat her judge and jury waiting to begin her ‘Inquisition’. This wasn’t Salem now, was it? They asked question after question until, finally Mandy, asked, “If you are putting me on trial, don’t you need my mother here or our lawyers? Frankly I feel like you are condemning me first then looking to find something to back up your defamation of me! I’m calling my driver now and leaving, our law firm needs to hear your accusations in person, my tape may not hold up when I sue you?”

 
There is more of this chapter...

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.