Not Living on Sponge Cake Alone - Cover

Not Living on Sponge Cake Alone

Copyright© 2014 by Jerrod

Chapter 8

Jennifer’s Tuesday, before Sheila arrives.

A number of people had taken that week as a holiday. One could easily see which had children, since school was not in session. Those who did not take a trip crammed the parks and hotels taking advantage of whatever discounts might still be available. Florida did have a few things most people wanted, water, sun and fun.

In many ways that was good. She would have some time to see her dad today. The decision of when was easily made when she thought of the 10:00 am meeting ahead. When Sheila came, it might be better that Ben got her. Better yet for someone from downstairs to bring her up to both of them. She had been undecided if she should discuss the meeting beforehand with either Sheila or Ben but had decided the spontaneous reaction might be better.

Yep. Sure, there was going to be a reaction, for certain there would be one. It just was not the one Jennifer expected.

Ben had been undecided about staying on as CEO. The firm had always been a family owned and operated business, and he knew he was not family. The fact that Steve honestly made him feel welcomed and the ease at which the transition had been made gave him cause to accept the position. Perhaps it might have been a mistake but it seemed the right thing to do. Making changes, re-vamping the operations and hiring/firing a bunch of executives was the next steps needed, things he was reluctant to start making long-term changes on. In his mind he wanted to head a smaller company, something he could leave to his daughter to run and still be around for a bit to help her during that transition. He considered the varied experience Jen would receive for the next year while he began the search for his own replacement. Maybe Steve might want that role, after-all it was his company already.

Jen toyed with the idea of telling her father about Steve, the whole story, but it would wait she decided. The good part of that would be that when Sheila showed up, both of them could or should just tell the story one time. The more difficult portion might be what Ben’s reaction might be like.

No matter the age of the parent or the child, most species recognize and try to protect their young from anything and everything that might do them harm. Ben was no different. Then again, Sheila was a parent too. Mandy was her daughter so why and how had both wanted this more than strange relationship with Steve. No that is not true, that strange relationship was with more than just Steve. Money, power, luxury, a carefree and opulent lifestyle would do it for most of us. There was something else, something more. Each one of them had found what they were looking for, needed, even craved. Family, friendship, love, trust and a sense of belonging to something more than themselves was also there.

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.