The Girl Next Door
Chapter 6

Copyright© 2014 by The Heartbreak Kid

Author's note: In response to feedback received regarding the first parts of this story, I wish to apologise for their repetitive nature. I have tried to address this issue in the remaining parts of the story, and I may at some point in the future 'clean up' the earlier parts and resubmit the whole. Thank you. THK

Penny Palmer and her best friend, Paul Jennings, were going into town to meet up with friends. He knew her well enough by now to know that he would probably be in her room for at least two hours before they left. Today when he called had been no different: at 10:30 when he arrived, she was still not dressed.

"Just put your shoes and your jacket on, then we'll go, shall we," he said, playfully. She smiled.

"Oh, be quiet! You know what I'm like; besides, there's some­thing I want you to do before we go."

"Oh, and what's that then?"


" ... Are you sure, Pen? You have to be so careful nowadays."

"Yes, I'm sure ... and I'm kind of doing it for you, Paulie."

"You know I've never refused you anything, Pen; but I'm really not sure about this. Just promise me that you'll be careful who you let see them, and don't send them to anyone. Your phone or mine?"

"Yours, I think; it's got a better camera."

"All right, then ... tell me when you're ready..."


"Go on," she sniffed, " ... say it... I told you so!" Penny was sitting on his lap with his arms around her. They'd had the tears, but there would be no recrimination.

"I don't have to," Paul said.

It was morning break at school and Penny had rushed up to him crying: some of the pictures he'd taken of her were circulating the school. There had been some laughing, some name calling, and some teasing: nothing really nasty, but she wasn't used to it. She was an intelligent, happy-go-lucky sixteen year old, who was very popular and who usually enjoyed school!

" ... Even the teachers have seen them! Miss McCarthy stopped me this morning. I told her I don't know who did it."

"Who did see them?"

"Only the girls ... Abi, Cassie, Mel, Katy, one or two others. But they wouldn't, Paulie: some of them have done the same thing!"

"What about your phone? Is it locked; did you leave it anywhere?"

"No, it's not locked: I've never needed to; but I suppose someone must have picked it up and looked at it. And I definitely haven't sent them to anyone. Er ... what about your phone, Paulie..."

He wasn't annoyed that she suspected him: he was the only other person, until today, who had the images. He took his phone out of his pocket, turned it on, then found the images folder. He showed her the contents: there was one, older picture of Penny, but she was fully clothed.

"You deleted them!" she said, incredulously.

"Yes, after I'd transferred them to my computer at home. I always keep my phone locked, but I didn't want any 'accidents'. Besides, I've seen the real thing; I don't need to look at pictures!"

"So what do I do now, Paulie?"

"There's nothing you can do, Pen: if people ask you about them, just tell them the truth ... that they were private pictures, which someone sent without your knowledge or permission. There's nothing porno­graphic, and you are gorgeous! But I would delete them now, if I was you."

She nodded, then took her phone out of her bag and deleted the photos. Then she sighed.

"I suppose I ought to set up a password, too! I'll tell you ... in case I forget!" Penny entered something into the phone, then whispered into his ear. He smiled.

"That might be true, Pen; but it's a bit long for a password." She giggled, then entered something shorter.


It was quite unusual for Paul to go into town on his own on a Saturday, but there is where he was, when he saw a familiar face:

"Hello Debbie!"

"Oh, Hi, Paul! Have you got time for a coffee ... my treat!"

"You don't need to ask twice!"

Debbie Moorcroft and Paul Jennings were 16 and classmates. They had been since they were 11, but it was only at the school disco that they attended when they were twelve, that they first got to know each other.

Back then, Debbie had been a little plain and a little overweight: but now, four years later, with her natural hair colour dyed something more exotic, wearing subtle make up and with all the adolescent puppy-fat gone, she was an altogether different person. Despite her friendly disposition at the earlier age, she'd always seemed to have difficulty integrating with her peers, but after that disco, things were definitely different:

"Do you know that you literally changed my life, Paul!" she exclaimed as they were sitting opposite each other drinking their coffee. "I know that sounds like a cliché, but in this case it's true. Up until that evening at the disco, I was unhappy and I didn't really like my life very much: it was partly self-inflicted, because I didn't have the confidence to try and change it. But then you came up to me and we talked and danced, and for the first time I felt like I was the same as everyone else and belonged. And then those other boys asked me to dance as well! Well, when I got home I cried, Paul ... but not because I was unhappy ... just the reverse!"

"You were always a nice person, Debbie, but most kids are pretty single-minded: they might have good eyesight, but they don't always see much. Probably if you'd done something to draw attention to yourself we would have noticed, but because you were so quiet, we didn't; but you did start coming over and joining me, like I said. I knew you'd be accepted once you did that."

"I know!" Debbie exclaimed, "I only had my mum to talk to until then, but the other girls were so lovely ... you know, 'girls stuff' ... it really helped me. And you, of course! You always talked to me, so I never felt the odd-one-out: and like at the disco, because you danced with me, other boys asked, and later when they saw me talking to you at school, they started to as well. I never realised until then how hard it is for boys: I thought it was just me! And you know I've been going out with James for six months now: he isn't quite as confident as you, Paul, but he's very sweet! So like I said: you changed my life, and I'll never be able to thank you enough!"

" ... Not necessary, Debbie: just keep being a friend; that's enough for me!"


It was some weeks later that Penny and Paul's roles were reversed, and it was she who was out alone. The rain hadn't been forecast, so one minute the sun was shining, but the next the sky blackened and the rain poured down over the part of Harrow where Penny Palmer was on her way home in the afternoon from shopping. The leggy sixteen year old in a mini skirt and denim jacket and wearing wedge-soled sandals, struggled on against the weather.

The doorbell of Paul Jennings' house rang loud and much longer than usual. Paul was upstairs in his bedroom, so he ran downstairs to see who was so insistent upon getting in: he thought he knew and he thought right. Penny's instinct made her smile when she saw him, but that didn't mean that she was happy...

He smiled, then took her hand. Because of her heels she couldn't hurry, but it wasn't far. In the bathroom he turned on the shower then began to strip off what few clothes she was wearing. She didn't object! Then while he left her standing under the stream of hot water that was warming her up, he took all her clothes downstairs and put her shirt, skirt, and underwear into the washing machine. After emptying her pockets, he loaded the tumble dryer with her jacket, set the controls, then went back upstairs.

"Are you finished in there?"

"Yes, I think so!" Penny replied, turning off the water. A large, soft towel awaited her. He didn't bother to dry her, he just wrapped her from the neck down, including her arms.

"Er ... Hello, Paul!"

They both laughed and then kissed lightly on the lips. He rubbed her hair dry with another towel and then led her into his bedroom.

"Dry yourself, Pen. My robe's hanging on the door. I'll go and put the kettle on; come down when your ready. Do you want tea and toast?"

"Mmm ... yes, please!"

"I put your things in the washing machine; I hope nothing runs or shrinks," Paul said, when Penny appeared, in his towelling bathrobe.

"No, they should be all right; but it wouldn't matter, you did your best. By the way, I love this robe! I have one, but yours is better! And I never said 'Thank You', Paulie: I don't think I've ever got so wet, so quickly. And it was so cold, too."

"Well, a couple of hours and your clothes should be dry again. Did you get what you were looking for in town?"

"No, not really, but I bumped into Abi and Mel and we had coffee and a nice chat. Would you believe that it was lovely sunshine when I got off the bus, but then it bucketed down. Where are your mum and dad, by the way?"

"A funeral: a great-aunt of my mum's. I didn't know her very well, but they've gone up to Yorkshire. They'll be back tomor­row."

"So I can stay over, then?" Penny said, smiling.

"Of course ... if you want. You can use our phone to tell your mum, if you like. There's pizza and fries in the freezer."

"Okay ... not sure about the chips, though ... got to watch my weight!"

"Huh!" Paul exclaimed, emphatically, "You know you haven't got an ounce of excess fat on your whole body, Pen!" She laughed.

"You know that, of course, because you've just undressed me!" Paul smiled.

"No ... because you're always walking around in front of me naked or in your underwear." Penny laughed again.

"I've never heard you complain, Paulie!"

"Would it really make any difference if I did?"

"Mmm ... no, not really! Just think yourself lucky: I'm sure that there would be lots of boys jealous of you if they knew."

"What do you want to do until your clothes are dry? I've got T-shirts and maybe a pair of my gym shorts will fit you; or I can wait until it stops raining, then go next door and ask your mum to get you some dry clothes. It's a pity I don't wear pyjamas..."

"Can't I just stay like this, Paulie; it's very comfortable."

"All right ... but you might get rather hot." Penny laughed once more.

"Then I'll just take it off!" He sighed: she was obviously in one of those moods today.

"Do you want to stay down here and watch TV, or go up to my room?"

"Let's go up: you've got films up there." He nodded:

"Or music..."

Paul kept his DVD's on a shelf, so Penny picked one, then she settled down with him on the bed to watch it.

"Do you want me to go and check your clothes, Pen?" he said when it finished. She just snuggled up closer.

"I'm getting worried about you, Paulie: you have a gorgeous, practi­cally naked girl on your bed and all you're interested in is getting her dressed!"

"Okay! Another film, then we'll have something to eat. Do you want to choose again?"

"No, you can: we've got similar tastes." With the film in the machine, they settled down to watch it.


"I'll put the fries on a separate plate, then you can help yourself. We'll eat down here, then go back upstairs."

"Paulie, this robe is comfortable, but you were right: it is a bit hot! I'll put my knickers back on and borrow a T-shirt when we go upstairs."

"All right! But why don't I put the food on a tray and you can take it up now; I'll just make us a drink. Look through the drawers and help yourself to a shirt."

When he got back upstairs the food tray was on the bed, along with Penny's clothes, but she wasn't there. But then he heard noises in the bathroom and she came into the room shortly afterwards. She went to the clothes drawers and took out a T-shirt, then she hung his robe back on the door where she'd found it earlier. Paul looked at her nakedness and Penny knew he was looking ... which was maybe why she seemed to take a long time to put on clothes again! She wasn't a tease: there was just a part of her that always liked him seeing her that way.

As five year olds it had been quite natural for them both to run around outside like it, but it was their parents who had decided that it probably wasn't such a good idea as they got older. But even in her pre-teens, Penny had let Paul see her in her underwear and they were both now quite comfortable with that. And even topless or bottomless, she was never fazed by him being there with her.

Apart from her older brother years ago, only one other boy had ever seen her without her knickers: because she'd let him take them off and have sex with her; but that had been a mistake, which she'd regretted ever since. She wasn't going to do that again in a hurry; but there was a big part of her that hoped that the next time she did, it would be with the boy whose bedroom she was in at the moment. And in truth, she really would have liked that time to be now, but she knew that he probably didn't. But, still, there was no harm in letting him know what was waiting for him when he was ready...

"For a fat bird you're certainly putting those fries away!" Penny laughed.

"Be afraid, Paul Jennings ... be very afraid! I have powers beyond your simple, male understanding ... but they are nice!"

When they'd finished eating, Paul put the tray to one side, then turned on the TV. Back on the bed Penny sat with his arm around her back, as they settled down for the rest of the evening.

"I wish we were old enough to get our own place, Paulie: we could sit like this every day. Wouldn't you like that?"

Paul could have told her about how much things cost and how he was sure that the reality wouldn't be anything like the fantasy, but he just said: "Mmm! I would!"

"That's nice!"

She didn't say any more than that, but she took the wrist of his free hand and guided it up under the big T-shirt and onto her belly and held it there.

"You've got nice soft hands, Paulie. Now don't say anything..." she said, as she lifted his hand higher, onto one of her boobs; her woman's boobs. "Mmm, that's nice! I've always wanted a boy to do that ... but not any boy ... only you, Paulie! Don't worry, you can leave your hand there, or take it away ... but I'd like you to leave it there for a little while longer, please!"

He wasn't sure what you were supposed to do when you were in this position: he'd honestly never even thought about it before, but Penny seemed to like it and it was certainly quite pleasant, so he very slowly began to caress the soft skin of her boob and lightly stroke her already swelling nipple with his thumb. She giggled quietly.

"Oh, yes! I like that, Paulie!"

They were both quite happy to sit there, watching TV, but it got late so, after brushing their teeth, they decided to go to sleep. They had slept together naked before, so they took off their clothes: she loved the feeling of being snuggled up against him, his arm around her and her bare boobs pressed against him as she lay with her arm lying across his chest. They kissed tenderly, but fleetingly on the lips.

"Goodnight, Paulie! Love you!"

"Goodnight! Love you, too!"

And they both knew it was true.


"Oh, come on, Paulie, you never want to go to parties any more!"

"You know I don't enjoy them, Pen ... I'm not like you. I don't want to dance and people just go to get off with each other. I've told you before, I'm happy on my own! And I don't want to cramp your style."

"Look, Paulie. You don't have to do all that waving your arms around dancing; you can just do the slow stuff with me if you want. And if I go with you, I come home with you! I just want to mix with my friends for a few hours outside of school. What about this one?" she held up a dress that she'd just taken down from the hanging rail in her closet.

"Nice! I've always liked you in that one."

As she'd not long got out of the shower, Penny was just wearing a towel.

"Do you think I need tights, Paulie?"

"I shouldn't think so," he said, "It's quite warm, and you know how much you love showing your cute little bum off!"

Penny pushed him backwards onto the bed, then sat on his chest, pinning his arms down with her knees.

"You're a horrible, horrible boy, Paul Jennings, and I don't know why I continue to put up with you! Just for that, you are coming to Suzie's party, whether you want to or not!"

"All right, I'll take you ... if only to get this fat bum off my chest!" She giggled.

"Okay, but I think I preferred 'cute bum'!"

"Hi, Penny! And hello, Paul: I never expected to see you here! Is he with you, Penny, or can I have him?" Penny laughed.

"Sorry, Suzie! He's with me tonight!" Suzie pouted.

"Pity! But if you change your mind, come and find me, Paul, Darling!" Penny laughed again.

"There you go, 'Darling' ... I think you're in there, Paulie!" He smiled at her.

"Well, I'm not exactly sure where 'in' is ... but I'm pretty sure that I don't want to be there!"

"You're very funny, Paulie! Come on, let's have a look round!"

She took his hand and they threaded their way through the sitting and reclining bodies. They saw quite a lot of people they knew from school: Suzie Valentine was in their year and they'd known her since they were all at primary school together and she'd been good friends with Penny and Paul ever since.

Paul used to see her at the children's parties they all went to, but he was always very shy then and Penny knew that the equally shy Suzie Valentine had had a massive crush on Paul for years. However, like Paul, she had eventually grown out of her shyness; but unlike Paul, she perhaps now overcompensated with flamboyant displays of over-exuberance. And although her outward behaviour towards Paul was obviously affected, Penny suspected that it was nevertheless sincere.

Since most of Suzie's guests were, like her, under the legal age to buy alcohol, most of what they found there was the non-alcoholic variety: although, inevitably, there was some of the real thing that had been acquired; but Suzie had said that several varieties of soft drink now inhabited her parent's refrigerator.

Soft drinks in hand, Penny and Paul made their way back through the sea of bodies, to try and find a berth for their own. Penny sat, out of choice, huddled against her best friend and escort, and spoke softly into his ear.

"Will you do me a huge favour, Paulie: try and have at least one slow dance with Suzie; you can even flirt with her a bit ... but not too much!"

During the evening they danced together and Penny danced with others. There were also the frequent trips to and from the kitchen for drinks and then the inevitable long queues for the upstairs and downstairs toilets. After one such excursion, near the end of the evening, Paul saw that Penny was talking to one of their mutual friends, so he went for a stroll, where he came upon a rather forlorn Suzie sitting on her own.

 
There is more of this chapter...
The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.