In Tandem Orbit
Chapter 5: Surprise Visitor

Copyright© 2014 by Sure As Elle

Author's note: There is sex in this chapter, between two adult characters, and is incest.

I have to admit, I was disappointed that my morning didn't have Iris waking me up, or any pleasant dreams of Iris. In fact, I looked next to me on the bed, and for some reason I was inexplicably saddened that she wasn't laying in the bed with me. I can't explain it, except that maybe I've found The One and the sensation was a symptom of that knowledge. Or maybe I just really missed that one time we fell asleep on the sofa together. Whatever the reason, I got up that morning feeling slightly sad.

As I went about my routine, however, I perked up with the knowledge that I was probably going to see Iris again today at work, and again after work, knowing her as I did. So by the time I was done with breakfast, I could hardly wait to get to work.

I was not terribly surprised that Iris wasn't at the library for the first hour, since I start work at 10 AM, and since it had been noon the last time she showed up. It was a busy day for us, but not too badly so. Not busy enough to keep me distracted from wondering when she would show up, once noon came and went. By the time it was 10 past 1, I was starting to worry.

"No, relax," I told myself in the loo, looking at myself in the mirror. "What am I doing? Why am I worrying? She's a kid, kids have lives of their own, they go places and do things. Hell for all I know she just figures I'm working and I won't see her til I get off. Yeah, that'll be it." By the time I got out of the loo, I had calmed down and was able to go about my work normally.

As it turned out, Iris came in at 3:30, half an hour before I was to get out, hauling behind her a little red wagon with all the Autonotinies stuff in it. It seemed she knew what book she wanted this time, and went straight for it. I was lucky enough to get to check her things out for her, so I saw it was another romance novel.

I looked at the card representing the digital version of the book. "Took you three whole weeks to finish 'Under An Alien Moon, ' eh? But obviously you liked it, this is by the same author."

"Only took so long because I was savoring it, and because I had other things to read."

"Hmm ... I notice this is one of the rare Kiernan Teliemann books that isn't asexual romance. 'Supernova Of Passion, ' eh? I remember this one is pretty raunchy."

Iris shrugged, but her face had turned red. "I was in the mood for something raunchy. Read a good review of it."

I chuckled. "Well I hope you enjoy it as much as I did, if not more. Which actually, you might get more enjoyment from it than I did, since the story is narrated by the young girl in this one."

"Well, I got a lot of, er ... enjoyment out of the last book too." Her face turned scarlet.

I raised my eyebrows, astonished. "You..." I leaned closer on the pretext of getting the book transferred to her e-board. "So you get sexual pleasure from ace romances too, huh?"

Iris looked very surprised, but pleased, to see that she wasn't the only one. Her grin as she thanked me made me feel a stirring down below. And then I noticed what she was wearing, which wasn't a lot. Apparently it was hot again today, for her top was basically a glorified scarf covering her little nipples, and the skirt, if you could call it that, wasn't even enough to cover her panties. Those had little pink hearts on them. I suddenly felt an uncomfortable tightness in my panties.

Taking her e-board back, Iris gave me bedroom eyes and winked with a smirk before turning around. Then she 'accidentally' dropped the e-board and bent over to pick it up, giving me quite the show. I was very glad it was almost 4.


When I finally got off work, I caught Orrin coming in for his shift. "Oh Orrin, I'm glad I found you, I wanted to ask you something." I explained to him the change in my love life, and how I wanted Sundays off now, and we started discussing possibilities for trading. When we'd worked out what we wanted, we went to Aren and told her. She approved it right away. Starting next week, Orrin would work Sundays. And since I might need more hours anyway to buy Iris things, I not only took four hours of Orrin's Monday shift for him, I would now be working 9am to 5pm Mondays through Thursdays, keeping my 1pm to 9pm Friday shift, with weekends off, which gets me a full 40 hours a week.

I left the building and went over to Iris, who was sitting on the bench reading her e-board. Once more I surreptitiously took a picture of her with my Omnus as she remained unaware of my presence. I suddenly realized I hadn't told her about that. I made a mental note to do so, especially seeing as I was planning on making paintings of her based on these.

"Iris, my Queen," I said regally, curtsying. She looked up from her book and smiled.

"Are we going to your place again?" she asked.

"Sure, just let Fahima know where you're going, okay?"

Iris jumped up, and I noted she had thong sandals on today instead of her usual white leather sandals with the buckles. I also noticed it was indeed really hot, and I was overdressed. The walk back home was thankfully short, since it was so hot. The moment I closed the door behind us, I thanked God for air conditioning, and went to my room to get changed. I had the air on low, so it was still mildly warm in the house, but it was a comfortable warmth. I changed out of my work clothes and into some short shorts and a spaghetti-strap top.

"I'm heading to the loo, Iris, okay?"

"Okie dokie," she said, setting up the Autonotinies in the living room. I left the room and went to the loo to do my business.

I was almost done in the loo when the doorbell rang. "I'll get it," Iris shouted. I dried my hands and opened the door, to see Iris opening the door. I wasn't worried, because Cleo wouldn't let the door open for Iris if it wasn't someone I knew. I wondered who it could be for a few seconds before I saw who it was. My younger sister Kamaria, the one I'd told Iris about the first time we'd played Autonotinies together. And she was, at 26, nearly a full-grown adult. To the eyes of someone who thought her a Terran, she would look 17 years old. And she, uh ... was very well developed for her age. Both of us had been taking puberty modifying treatments for years, and so were very much women developmentally, except that neither of us had gotten 'bottom' surgery.

Kamaria looked strangely at Iris, and I soon saw why. Iris was openly staring at my lovely sister, and what was more, Iris ... well let's just say that the skirt was lifted up by evidence that Iris had certain things fully extended, and one of those things was making itself rather obvious. In other words, she had the world's most obvious boner showing off her panties to anyone who could see past Kamaria.

My sister raised an eyebrow and smirked at this evidence, which snapped Iris out of her stupor. Her face turned bright red as she stared, horror-struck, at her hardon-tented panties and took off like a shot for the loo, slamming the door behind her.

"Oh. Sorry, Rea, didn't mean to scare off your girlfriend. That was Iris, I take it?"

"Um, yeah," I said, distracted. "Uh, come in and sit down, we can talk in a bit. I have to see what I can do for Iris."

Kam chuckled and sat down at the kitchen table. I closed the front door and went over to the loo door. "Iris, honey? Are you okay?"

"She's probably just rubbing one out, Rea, I don't-"

"No, I saw something in her eyes, Kam. It was something else. Iris? Can you hear me?"

I put my ear to the door. I could hear crying. I hesitated, not sure what I should do. Cleo would override the lock if I felt it truly necessary, but I wasn't sure I should.

"Iris, if you can hear me, would you please slap the door or the wall or something?" After a second or two, I heard her slap the door once.

"Okay good. May I come in? Slap once for yes, twice for no."

A pause for several moments, then one distinct thud against the door, and then the sound of the lock being unlocked. "Okay sweetie I'm coming in now, step away from the door, okay?" She slapped the door once more, I waited a few moments, then opened the door.

Iris was sitting on the toilet lid, holding her knees, her face in her lap. I closed the door behind me and sat on the bathtub next to her, laying a hand on one leg. She had stopped crying, or had at least stopped making noise while crying.

I squeezed her leg gently. "You don't have to be embarrassed, sweetie. Boners happen. They have a mind of their own, you know, and my sister is very pretty."

She looked up at me, her eyes red, and sniffed. "That's not the problem."

"Okay, well ... um..." I was at a loss, with no idea what she was upset about.

"I knew, knew she had to be your (sniff) sister, one of them anyway. You two look so much alike. But ... well..." she paused, thinking, like she didn't know how to word her feelings. "I'm ... I'm with you."

"Well just because you're in a relationship, doesn't mean you stop being able to appreciate how other people look. Why, your family are pol-"

"Not it either."

"Okay, I'm sorry. I'll let you finish."

She grabbed some toilet paper and dabbed at her eyes with it. "I ... well, I had thoughts, and feelings. Sexual ones. Powerful ones. I ... feelings different from my feelings for you. But I don't know her, and I know you, and I think I love you already, but I haven't had any ... well I suppose there was the other day, when we were kissing, I got really excited but I didn't feel like I was ready, but then again, I was kissing a beautiful woman, and we were rubbing up against each other. But this ... she was just there, a stranger. It probably sounds stupid."

I picked her up and held her, and she didn't object. Running my fingers through her lovely black hair, I tried to comfort her. "Iris, sweetie, like I said, the body responds as it will. The penis has a mind of its own. And, well, so does the part of our mind that likes sex stuff. We don't really have any control over stuff like that, and it's nothing to worry about. It doesn't have anything to do with the part that decides who we love, okay?"

Iris sighed, and nodded. We sat there, silently, for several minutes before Iris sat up and said, "I think I'm ready to go back out again."

"Alright, my Queen." We stood up and left the loo together. Iris looked at Kamaria with a sheepish sort of almost-smile.

Kam smiled at Iris. "Don't worry about the panty-tent, kid, I have that effect on everyone." Iris and I laughed, and Kam's smile broadened.

"I'm gonna pop on home for a bit and change," Iris said.

"Alrighty. See you in a bit."

As the door closed behind Iris and I sat down across from Kam, my sister leaned over to glimpse Iris out the window. "Cute kid," she said. "Almost cute enough to make me reconsider my stance on dating kids. Almost. She seems sweet, too."

"Yeah, she is. When she's not being a cruel and wicked little girl."

Kam chuckled. "Well from your last email, I'd say that's just your cup of tea now, eh?"

"Yeah, probably. Speaking of tea, Kam, you want any?"

"Eh, okay."

I got some tea from the dispenser for us both and sat back down, handing Kam hers. She sipped it a little, looking at me expectantly. I just looked her over for the first time; I hadn't had the opportunity with Iris freaking out. My sister was wearing a red tank top and blue jean shorts, with some simple black flats for shoes. Her hairstyle was unlike I remembered it; it used to be in Afro puffs, but now it was just tied back in a poofy ponytail.

"Okay, so now I can ask you why you're here without any warning."

"I wondered when you were gonna ask that." She sipped her tea again.

"So are you going to answer?"

"Yes. Well, you might not believe this, but I was literally in the neighborhood anyway, and it occurred to me I haven't seen you in ages, so I dropped by. Maybe I should have given some warning, a few minutes' heads up."

"I don't know how much that would have helped. Iris might still have answered the door, and even if she hadn't, she might still have had the same reaction to you."

"Well, like I said, I have that effect on people."

Rianna chuckled. "Oh you're not vain at all, sister mine."

Kam shrugged. "It's only vanity if you use your looks to determine your whole self worth. Anyway, it's good to see you with someone else, if you're not going to be with me. You're too shy for your own good, Rea."

"Thank you for your concern. It's only partially shyness, though. I also happen to be rather picky. I want someone intelligent, but also someone who is kind and compassionate, and fun to cuddle."

"So naturally you go for a child prodigy," Kam said, grinning.

"Well I didn't know that when I met her, as you well know. But I did sense she was exceptionally bright for her age. Well ... that, and the fact that one of the first things she told me was that reading high school level books was 'slumming it' for her."

My sister laughed in earnest this time. "Oh ... my," she said, struggling to speak by trying to stop laughing. "She used those exact words?"

"Yes, she did. It was cute, coming from her. Not snooty or anything like that, like you might expect. She doesn't judge those books as unworthy of her, just not as interesting, I guess."

"Good, good." She sipped her tea again. "You know, to be honest, you picked well. Bright, kind, compassionate, and not bad looking either. I'm pretty much 99% teleiophile, and even I have to admit she's beautiful and kinda hot."

"There's more I haven't told you about her, yet. Something I haven't really had time to tell you."

"Oh?"

"Well," I hesitated. "I don't know if I should say yet without her permission..."

"Something private, I take it."

"Oh yeah, you could say that."

My tone of voice must have clued her in to something, because she raised an eyebrow at me questioningly. I thought about going into it, but decided not to. Instead, I asked, "How's college?"

Surprising me by not pushing it, Kam just shrugged. "Going pretty good. Professor Jillert has started talking with me about getting my own lab at last, says the school will fund my research. I think she's just trying to keep me on in the school since I have a knack for teaching, but I'm not even graduated yet and already I've got four job offers to consider."

"Anything in particular catch your interest?"

"Well, I am putting serious thought into accepting the offer from PaxDynamics Laboratories; their Applied Neurological Sciences department was impressed by some of my papers on Talvertsen's Hypertrophy Disorder, especially the one where I identified some genes that might play a role in the development of the disorder. They want me to work on the team trying to find a cure for it."

"Wow. That's pretty impressive."

The door opened up then, and Iris came back in, dressed in a little red sun dress. It looked like it kept her cool without as much risk of showing her panties. And unless I was much mistaken, it looked like she was wearing short pants under it as well. She looked briefly at Kam, and blushed, but made what looked like a mighty effort to put her embarrassment to the side, and sat down at the table next to me.

"Hey, there's my Queen," I said. "Oh, and this time you wore your crown."

"Yeah," she said, not looking at Kam. "I can't believe I forgot it earlier."

"You know, hun, Kam here is in her final year of college, training to be a scientist. She was just telling me about a job offer she's considering."

"Really?" Iris exclaimed, looking up excitedly at Kam, all embarrassment gone. I had calculated correctly, then. "You're gonna be in a lab and do science stuff? What kind?"

And so Kam launched into an explanation of her work on various genetic disorders at great length, and I won't even pretend to have understood or remembered enough of it to even try to describe it here. I have to admit my eyes glazed over, as this was way outside my level of knowledge, and I felt very out of place in my own home. I understood just enough of what was going on to tell you that Iris was no expert either, but she knew enough to ask what sounded like relevant, interesting, and even impressive questions about the subject. The more they spoke, the more Kam looked impressed, even awed. I got the impression she hadn't really believed Iris was a child prodigy until then.

Eventually, the conversation started to die down. When it had been quiet for almost a full minute, Kam said, "Well, Rea, you told me earlier there was something else you had to tell me about Iris, but you didn't know if you had permission. I'm burning with curiosity, Iris. Does the Queen give permission to her subject to discuss it?"

Iris chuckled. "Uh ... hmm..." she took several minutes to think about it, her eyes staring off into empty space, before her body language shifted to tell me she had come to a decision. "Yes, I give you permission to tell her."

"Thank you, my Queen."

"You are welcome."

I smiled, then turned to Kamaria. "Well, I don't know how much you know about Lucem, but-"

"Oh wow. You're a Lucite, Iris?"

"Yup. My whole family, too."

"You have two moms and a dad, right?"

"Yeah."

Kam stroked her chin thoughtfully. "So the first Lucite I've ever met in person, as far as I know, is an 8 year old ... girl?"

"That's right," Iris confirmed.

"Wait, so ... I'm confused."

"That's for sure."

"Ha ha," I said sarcastically. "No seriously, what do you know about Lucites?"

"Rianna, my sister, are you trying to tell me that the fact Lucites are sex shifters was news to you when Iris told you about it?"

I felt my face getting hot again, and hurriedly looked at my own hands.

"Yeah," Iris said with an almost-laugh in her voice. "When I told her I'm a Lucite, she just kinda stared at me and was like, 'And?' like she had no idea."

Kam set her tea cup down, and it almost fell over. "Oh, my poor, naive, sheltered elder sister. Gender fluid herself, and never knew there was a whole race of sex-fluid people living a few hours' space flight away from Paxum."

"Yeah, well..."

She shook her head and sighed. "Well, Iris, I don't know if you know her well enough to know this yet, but we should probably ease up on the teasing now, or she won't talk at all for several hours."

"Aww drat, I wanted to tease her summore. Oh well."

"Well anyway, I don't know about you and Rea, Iris, but I'm hungry. I haven't eaten since noon. Shall I order us a couple pizzas?"

"YAY! Pizza!"

"Rea?"

I nodded without saying anything.

"Rea, my love, you're gonna have to talk to say what you want on your pizza."

I gave her a significant look. She sighed. "Yeah, Rea, you're right - I do already know what you want. Kalamata olives, pineapple, and chicken. So predictable."

 
There is more of this chapter...

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.