The Adventures of a Timetravel Watch - Cover

The Adventures of a Timetravel Watch

Copyright© 2014 by Old Man with a Pen

Chapter 9

"Anything special you want, David?" Seven of Seven asked. The rest of the Powers that Be nodded.

The Powers are interesting and usual in that they are individual parts of a whole. They have the power ... I almost said gift, but I got to thinking ... who was going to Give the gift? ... the power of separation of church and state. Together they are a church Kyriakós oíkos (house of the god.) ... apart, they're states.

"I'd like to know how it works, is it safe to use and like that. I really object to coming back to the starting block ... so to speak."

"Yeah ... the queen is going to beat a knot on your head."

"You noticed?"

"Couldn't miss it," Seven said, "She wants Gwen married and someone else to have the responsibility ... and that someone is you. It's not that you're Mr Right ... but you're handy and that makes you Mr Right Now."

"She's pretty," I said.

"You have to be talking about Gwen ... the Queen is a bulldog."

I laughed, "She is that. They say as we get older that we look like our pets. I was thinking a pug."

The Powers that Be fell out laughing.

"Fix him up with two watches," she told Six. "One for him and one for her ... whoever she may be."

Six got together with Four ... it's kinda stomach turning to watch ... but I survived.

Four/Six said, "What do you want?"

"Pocket watch, gold case, ivory face, 23 jewels. Hour, minute together, second separate. Noon wind. Chronometer. 300 feet. Can you rig it so a thief will electrocute himself?"

"As in dead?"

"Struck by lightning dead."

Four said to Six, "Why didn't we think of that?"

"Hey, we're gods ... we can't think of everything."

They turned to me and said, "We can do that. But ... how about it won't affect your heir?"

"That works."

"What about the ladies watch?"

"I need to talk to my lady."

"Go ahead," Six said.

What on earth?

"Go ahead ... she can hear you," said Four.

"Gwen?"

"David?"

"None other," I said.

"I didn't mean it. I don't like it here," Gwen said. "Are you coming to get me?"

"Yes," I said.

"When?"

"Soon," I said.

"How soon?" Gwen asked.

"When you learn patience."

"Oh."

"What style and color watch would you treasure?"

"Watch?"

"Yeah," I said. "Ladies watch? Pocket watch? Pendant?"

"Pendant. I'd love a pendant watch. Gold with a hunting case. But not big."

"It's a watch you HAVE to wear always."

"David? Is this one of Those watches?"

"Yes, Gwen."

"Of my very own?"

"Yup."

"Audemars Piguet Lady Royal Oak Offshore Chronograph in platinum with a chained platinum wristband," she said.

Six sighed. Gwen heard him.

"Are the Powers there?"

"Yes, Gwendolyn. Two of us are," Six said.

Four said, "That's about a three hundred thousand dollar watch." You could hear his teeth grate.

"I know," Gwen said, "I had one with the rubber wrist. I've lost it twice because the rubber breaks."

"Ok ... you wouldn't happen to come off yours?" Six asked.

"Sure ... it's somewhere in the Med. Probably close to Diaplo, Corfu. We were sailing home when I realized it was gone."

Three was standing there dripping, "Got it." He smelled of the sea. "Picked up some red coral while I was down there ... and several million dollars worth of Nazi gold. You guys can have it."

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.