The Adventures of a Timetravel Watch
Chapter 8D

Copyright© 2014 by Old Man with a Pen

The Adventures of a Time Travel Watch: 8D.

We were right back where we started. The queen started to chuckle and I lost it.

"Powers That Be, attend me!" I command.

The archbishop had conniptions when they popped in.

"Yes, David?" Seven said, "Shut up, old man ... before I do you dire."

She wasn't talking to me ... the only Old old man in the room was the bishop.

So ... then we had to get his tongue out of his throat ... because he swallowed it ... and he kept sputtering and gagging while a guard and I were giving it our best shot.

Finally, with him breathing again and under compunction ... Gwen and I got down to business.

"We don't know how the damn thing works ... we go and return to whence we came ... and frankly, it's getting old."

She held out her hand and I gave it to her. She looked it over really closely. "It's an old watch. You found it in the money trunk?" Seven said.

"Yeah ... you know about the trunk?"

"Of course ... missing money is always of interest to the gods."

The Archbishop started gabbling again. Seven picked him up and hung him from a skyhook. If you don't know what a skyhook is ... you're lucky.

Next she stopped his speech.

"Careful old man ... if your belt breaks... ?"

In my mind I could hear him saying... it's not magic ... magic doesn't exist ... they're not gods ... god doesn't exist ... it's political.

Not that I was really reading his mind ... I'm just very good at reading lips ... yeah, right.

You know ... there are more things between heaven and hel than we mortals can ever know ... and I'm willing to let it go at that. Magic is magic ... even if it's science.While this is going on, the Queen ... Elizabeth Anne Margaret Windsor ... Liz the Third ... also called Trey by her best friends ... and a few of her enemies ... it's amazing how the name can sound differently depending on who is saying it ... the Queen is just itching for an introduction.

Gwen noticed.

"Grandmama, the tall and god like redhead is Seven of Seven ... they are from 22000 AD."

Seven said, "AD ... After Disaster ... pleased to meet you, Trey."

"Charmed, I'm sure," said Liz III, "Just what is it you do ... besides hang my Archbishop in mid air."

"The seven of us are trying to change the course of history."

"Why is that?"

"In 2210, ... it used to be 2200 ... the World ends. The planet is still here but all life is gone. Our project is trying ... by way of the watches ... is to promote time travel to the past and stop some of the silliness that is forcing the end sooner than later."

"What happens?"

"Certain religious fanatics create a bio warfare agent that is designed to kill Infidels ... that's just about all of us ... but the agent mutates and does them in too ... all life ... down to the mites on the fleas on the cockroaches die. We have been hoping the fumaroles in deep sea volcanoes would start life again ... but the water is so dangerous that life can't take hold. So far ... we're fucked."

"Ninety-four years and it's over?"

"Yup ... done ... ended ... total Annihilation ... kaput ... We know who ... we know where ... we know when ... but the United States ... in the person of the FED A keeps stopping us from fixing it. And I quote, "We need to treat our brothers and sisters with compassion and understanding ... we're too nice for them to hate us."

The only people who want to "blast those bastards back to the stone age" can't get a toehold because "they're conspiracy theorists and gun nuts."

Every time a bomb goes off or an airplane flies into a building..."I just don't understand it. People don't commit suicide for their beliefs. It must be drugs, and while we're at it, pour me another shot of Jack."

The Queen choked on her 'daily nip'.

 
There is more of this chapter...
The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.