The Adventures of a Timetravel Watch - Cover

The Adventures of a Timetravel Watch

Copyright© 2014 by Old Man with a Pen

Chapter 8

The Adventures of a Time Travel Watch: 8.

"I found it in a trunk with all the Austin Family diaries," I looked at Wendolyn Too, "Your life was quite interesting ... a fifty foot fiberglas yacht full of money?"

She blushed. "The Whole Diary? All of it?"

"Ayup. Between 13 years old and David here your life was pretty boring, Mrs. Porter. The house and cars trick was great."

"Oh god!" she said.

"What ever happened to Mr. Porter?"

"They found him in a fifty-five gallon drum, drifting out to sea ... Aruba ... I think he was supposed to sink but his fat ass plugged the holes in the bottom. Fingerprints pointed at a gang of natives ... he never did get the envelope with the checks." Too pointed at a framed pair of checks on the wall. "The United States Postal Service followed the trail and I got them back."

"According to history, there was a drum that didn't sink. The Feds ... using the barrel ... followed it to where it sank and found thirty or so barrels with missing persons in them. No names were mentioned."

I turned to the girl...

"Junior? I highly approve of what you do when you inherit the watch ... and No, I won't tell you."

"The problem I have with the watch ... I don't know how it works." I produced the watch.

Everyone had a good look ... including Seven.

Denial in its many forms satisfied me that this was NOT a registered Timer.

Seven suggested a swap, "Mostly because those unknown watches kill ... other than that they seem to work pretty good and the case is 999 fine gold."

She hefted it in her hand, "Maybe three ounces ... gold is thirty-five hundred an ounce."

David said, "Not very scientific, Seven. I have a scale. Be right back."

And he was ... right back. The scale was the OHAUS Triple Beam Pro which offers the convenience of a top loading balance while allowing students to gain the understanding of measurement garnered through hands-on activities. "Pawnshop find. Probably stolen from some school and used for nefarious purposes. I use it to weigh artifacts." He grinned, "And other substances."

After checking and leveling the stand, he zeroed the beams and placed a fifteen gram test weight on the pan. The weight was good.

"Let's see the watch," he said, holding out a hand.

In seconds he had the back off and the three screws holding the works in, removed. The works he placed on the wood table.

He placed the case on the scales and proceeded to weigh the thing by sliding the weights

"92.13595 grams ... umm ... three and a quarter ounces ... umm... $11,375.00 ... lessee ... If pot wasn't legal in the Princessapality... 3.25 ounces would cost about ... What?"

The Twins were aghast. "Pot is legal here? Mom?"

Too had the temerity ... to blush.

To derail the Twins indignation, I said, "I like your wives."

Since they were hovering between "Ick! Girl cooties!" and "Whoa! Tits!" they were quite put off.

Seven said, "Here's my best offer ... I'll trade you watches," she held up a hand. The watch was exceedingly feminine. "Gwen gets possession."

That created a very satisfied smile.

"You two get married. Too can do it."

Grin from Too ... uncertainty from Gwen.

"But ... what if I don't marry him?"

Seven produced a five pound sledgehammer and made itty bitty teenincy pieces out of the innards of the old watch and disappeared.

"Wha? Come back! I didn't mean it! Damn it all, Seven," she whined.

Seven popped back and she and David disappeared.

Too said, "I believe you fucked up, girl."

The Twins, Junior and David ... Too's David ... looked shocked. Worst cussing Wendolyn Wanzor Austin had ever said to anybody.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.