The Adventures of a Timetravel Watch - Cover

The Adventures of a Timetravel Watch

Copyright© 2014 by Old Man with a Pen

Chapter 7D

The Adventures of a Time Travel Watch:7D.

"We're doing this the fast and dirty way as compared to the decent and slow," said the Queen.

Gwen groaned.

"That bad? I asked.

"Worse ... the Archbishop of Canterbury," she explained, "I was an 'unconventional' student."

"As in difficult?"

"Yes," and groaned again.

This groan was for the fella in the ceremonial robes of his office. He immediately bowed to the Queen.

After the correct folderol, the Bishop looked at the Queen and cocked a thumb at Gwen.

A third groan graced Gwen's lips and she started to sweat.

Her Majesty grinned and nodded.

A huge grin graced his Grace's face, "Oh really?" he asked but it wasn't really a question.

"You are?"

Oh, he's talking to me.

"David James Austin," I said.

"Commoner, not noble?"

"There is a debate on that issue," I replied.

"Well?"

"Queenie knows, I'm not at liberty to say," I said.

Naturally, the Queen was listening. She looked to the Bishop and said, "How is your Official Secrets standing?"

"As in what?" he asked. "And what has that to do with this fellow."

"Ok ... let us try this in another way," she said. "Suppose it's not in the bible. In fact, it could destroy belief." She held up her hand ... he bit his tongue. "On the other hand, it could completely verify the book. How would you feel about that? Proof ... not faith."

"Oh my!"

"Difficulties?"

"Yes, it's a faith based religion," His Eminence said. "This man could prove ... or disprove ... the Holy Book?"

"If he cared to," She turned to me, "Interested?"

"Not in the slightest," I said.

"So you wouldn't make a mockery out of... ?"

"Nope, not interested."

"Have you heard of the Princessapality?" she asked the Archbishop.

"Started out as a tiny Island nation, got themselves recognized by the UN. An armistice between the United States and the Island went wrong. Some nonsense about magic and a thirteen year old out of control redheaded little girl. However she did it, the Island now occupies half of Canada and a third of the US."

"I live in the area," I said. "You've got it about half right. The United States tried to Nuke their island ... twice. The first time ... she was 13 ... she got mad and even. The second time the US succeeded, killed every living on the island. Junior did what she did in cold blood. History ... something that changes by the second in the FED A ... tells we who live close to the border, that she went to her grave wondering what the President thought when the bomb planted in the UN Headquarters appeared on the Camp David coffee table a bare second before it went off."

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.