John and Jo
Chapter 11

Copyright© 2014 by The Heartbreak Kid

John and Jo were relaxing in the cottage at Capel Curig, in Wales:

"If I decided to do a doctorate, I'd be going backwards and forwards to Cambridge quite a lot," John said, "So, would you like to reconsider learning to drive when we get home?"

"Well, perhaps, under the circumstances ... How would we go about it?"

"Pretty easily. We can pick you up a provisional driving licence application right away. I imagine that it will take a few weeks to process and come back. Then when we get home, we can get you a car and I can either give you a few lessons before you go to a proper instructor, or you can go with a school right away. I think you do need your own car, Love ... mine is too big for a learner!"

"I think I'm definitely warming to the idea!" Jo said, "But I'd prefer it if you could give me a few lessons first. But if we can change the subject now ... it's not that long until I have to go back to college, do you think we could visit my mam and dad again?"

"Of course! You go ahead and make the arrangements for where we'll stay, then as soon as that's sorted, we can be off!"

"Okay! Shall I ask our Julie how she feels about putting us up for a night or two ... I'm sure Finn will be all right with Daniel!"

"Sure ... it won't do any harm to ask her!"

Julie said that as long as Finn was house-trained she was all right with them staying. Daniel was able to sit on the floor, usually supported by cushions, but he couldn't do much else at the moment: but he was at the exploratory stage where everything was put into his mouth. Jo promised to make sure that nothing of Daniel's also went into Finn's mouth! It had been a few weeks since Finn had been in a car and he had settled down a bit, but Jo still travelled in the back with him. She had told Bridie that they would be staying with Julie and they would go there first to drop off their things, but to expect them some time the same day.

Since they had last been to Salford, Jo's oldest brother, Eddie, had become engaged to his girlfriend, Angie. Jo had never met her, and John had only met Eddie twice, briefly. Eddie had asked if they could arrange something for the next time Jo was there. Julie had said that, if Jo and John liked, she would look after Finn for a few hours in the evening, after Daniel went to bed, so Jo had arranged to meet her big brother in a restaurant.

So on the day they travelled they had left Capel Curig early. By the time that they had stopped for Finn several times, the journey to Stockport had taken just over two hours. Pete had gone to work, but Julie was up and dressed and Daniel was still asleep. Jo wanted to see him again, but she didn't want to risk waking him. John sat with Finn on his lap, while Jo and Julie went into the kitchen to make some tea.

"Well, you're looking good, Sis!" Jo said.

" ... Ta! As soon as I could, I started to exercise to get the baby weight off. I don't think Pete minded, but I've always tried to keep slim, and I wanted to get back to my pre-baby weight."

"And have you and Pete resumed your conjugals!" Jo said, with a grin.

"Oh, yeah! I went right off it during the pregnancy, so the poor love had his supply cut off for nearly seven months. That's always been a very important part of our lives, so once I got the urge again, I nearly wore him out! But it's levelled off a bit again, now. How about you?" Jo grinned again.

"Any time, any place, any how!" she said, "Whenever I ask he delivers ... and how! But now you've got me worried, Julie, Love! We're a lot alike, you an' me ... suppose I go off it, too, when I get pregnant!"

" ... I hear you can go the other way, too," said Julie, " ... your hormones can make you extra horny when you're pregnant!"

"Ooh ... I hope so!" Jo replied. They both laughed, then carried the tea through to John.

After a while Daniel could be heard upstairs, so Julie went to fetch him. Jo had only seen photos since they had left, not long after his birth. He was a happy baby and went readily to his auntie's arms! Finn was naturally curious, but settled while he was on John's lap. When Daniel was put on the floor, Finn wanted to get down, too. John kept a firm grip on him; but Finn never took his eyes off of the baby.

At lunch time Jo and John left for Bridie's. Jo said that they would be back at about six, to get ready to meet Eddie and Angie. Jo asked Julie what she thought of her: Julie said that she was very sweet, and not at all the sort of woman that she thought would be attracted to their rough-and-ready brother; but it takes all sorts, she said.

When they arrived in Salford, with Finn cradled in Jo's arms, Bridie was standing talking to a neighbour, who spoke to Jo:

"Allo, Love! How are you keeping! Bridie told us about your wedding ... it sounded very nice!"

"Hello, Mrs Bennett! It's nice to see you again! How's your Joannie? How many kiddies has she got now?"

"It's just the three at the moment!" the neighbour said, "How about you, Love?"

" ... Maybe in a year or two," Jo replied, " ... We're in no hurry!"

 
There is more of this chapter...
The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.