A Night Like Any Other - Cover

A Night Like Any Other

Copyright© 2014 by MysteryWriter

Chapter 9

April got Viv's attention by waving as soon as she entered. She invited Viv over with a come hither gesture, then motioned for her to sit.

"Viv you remember Detective Rice?" she asked.

"Sure," Viv answered. "Are you two friends?"

"Oh I'm not sure just what April and I are," Lois said.

"We are the kind of friends that two women who have screwed the same guy become," April said. Before Lois could object she went on. "So are you out trolling?"

"Came in for a drink. I like men in uniform, even cops," she said.

"How do you feel about corrections officers," April asked.

"Is that supposed to mean something?" Viv asked a bit put off by the comment.

"Yeah, you are involved in Jessica's murder. How deeply, I'm not sure yet. I am going to leave that to Lois to determine. I just know you are involved. It's the only thing that answers all the questions. The thing that answers the questions usually is the truth. " April replied.

"That makes no sense," Viv said. "I hardly knew her."

"Oh let me explain what I think happened. When her husband cut off her access to most of his money, Jessica had already moved into our place. His plan likely was to force her to get a job. You are the person that all the tenants love, so of course she cried on your shoulder. My guess is you sent her to the Diamond Club right away. Now that she knows, Lois here is going to lean on the club owner. He is going to roll over on you, because he had nothing to do with anything except maybe providing drugs to her. Giving her drugs is a long way from murder."

April explained.

"I might have provided her a name, and I might even had called to tell the owner to take it easy on her because she was a kid from the country." Viv said.

"Yeah, I bet you did," April said. "I bet when she came to explain she needed more money, you got her in the webcam and porno business. It had to be you running that end of her life. You are the one who knew my schedule, and even more important the schedule of the construction guys.

I have to tell you the cops can do some really good shit with a computer these days. Lois here is having your computer seized as we speak. They are also searching for the murder weapon. I don't think they will find the weapon cause I don't believe you stabbed her.

I viewed some of the video's you helped Jessica make. All the male actors stand very straight and all are clean shaven guys. Even on the one of her with what is supposed to be a younger teenager. He is convening at being a sixteen year old nerd, but a real teenager wouldn't look so clean, unless he was gay, not these days anyway. All the male actors had the same short haircuts, even the Daddy character. Kind of like that older man at the bar. My guess is the video daddy will turn out to be a sergeant in the Air Force."

Vivian stood to leave.

"One more step and I arrest you. Right now is your one chance to help yourself," Lois said. "You know we can prove all that April is suggesting. That kind of leaves you facing the charges alone. You get to take the full ride oh the murder train. Since she was killed while in the commission of a felony, that makes it capitol murder."

"What felony we were making porn for God's sake. The dumb bitch saw the black guy and refused to suck his dick. Some hillbilly prejudice thing, I guess. How the hell could a nineteen year old who as sucked have a dozen dicks refuse a guy just because he is black. She really was a shit about it as well. She didn't just refuse, she was high and said a lot of pretty disgusting things. He was wired as well."

"Before you go any further let me tell you that you have the right to remain silent and the right to an attorney and to have him present during all questioning. If you can not afford one, one will be appointed to you. So, do you understand each of these rights as I have explained them to you."

"Yes," Viv said.

Lois and April could see her head spinning. "Do you wish to talk to me?" Lois asked.

"I want to make a deal," Viv said.

"What you got to trade? You know we have the pictures of the guys and we can identify the men involved." Lois said. "Just more nails in your coffin.

April had to admit she had grasped the situation quickly. She also acted as if she had personally come up with April's theory. Must be a cop thing, April thought remembering Mordecai.

"I can give you the name of the killer, testify for you, and I can give you the name of the man who set it all up." Vivian replied.

When this story gets more text, you will need to Log In to read it

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.