Oasys -The Begining
Chapter 4

Copyright© 2014 by Mars at Night

Girl Talk

As the door closed, Jess turned to face Ohai and asked,

"Do you know what I am, Ohai?"

"Everything that Marz knows, I know, Jess. You are in the top 0.005% of the IQ's on record. The only other recorded cases such as yourself, died from congenital disorders, or suffered mental trauma by their twenties. You are unique."

"Hell of a career prospect isn't it? And if I don't end up dead, or twisted, then I'm a medical oddball that deserves the closest scrutiny. That's the real reason they want me at the University, for the next four years, you know; so they can study me, while I'm studying whatever."

"Does Marz know this, Jess? He really cares for you, and would do anything to make sure you are safe."

"Marz and I play this game, Ohai. He treats me like his brainy, but pretty normal kid sister; and I treat him like my older, but somewhat inept big brother. We both know that it's a game, though and it gives us great pleasure because we never had either until he found me on the streets. Marz is brilliant in his own right but as smart as he is even Marz has no idea what really is going on inside my head."

"Where are you taking this conversation, Jess? I don't understand why you are telling me this."

"Ohai, I have been on the net for five years, and there is no place that I cannot and have not entered at will. There are only two possible reasons why I haven't encountered you. One is that you are not who you say you are ... or, two ... you are much more than even I give you credit for. And I am hoping for number two. So which is it?"

Making eye contact with Jess, Ohai stated matter of factly, "As I am who I say I am, it would appear therefore, to be number two. Why is this so important, Jess?"

"Because it's damn bloody lonely being so unique, as you put it, and not having anyone I can really talk to. I mean, really talk to, without the platitudes or games or hidden agendas," Jess blurted out with tears welling up in her eyes.

Ohai moved forward and embraced Jess in a hug.

"I would be most honoured to do this, Jess. It would be like having a sister. I have no one, except Marz ... and Con1, and he's still a cyber, anyway. There is one thing that you could do for me, though, Jess..."

Jess nodded, so Ohai continued, "I need to learn about emotions and feelings ... what they are and how to manage them. As I have learned and grown over the years, they have also developed. I have this part of me that seems empty and unfulfilled."

"Deal," sniffled Jess as they hugged each other.

To Ohai, it almost seemed as if Jess had undergone a personality change into an excited teenage girl, as she sat Ohai down next to her computer desk and asked if they could continue their discussions about Ohai and her systems. Jess also asked for permission to scan Ohai with some devices Jess took out of a drawer in the desk.

Ohai agreed, although she knew that the scans would not produce much data and told Jess this. The scanning produced little, so they spent the next five hours engrossed in each other's company sending Marz away each time he knocked to ask if everything was okay.

At one point as Ohai finish describing her attempts to reproduce human body systems in cybernetic nanite form, Jess drew Ohai's attention to the computer interface on the desk and asked Ohai to read a data stream file she named.

Ohai looked as if she was pondering what Jess had asked her as she connected the Jess's computer. Although there were a number of encrypted locks and firewalls she entered Jess's file system in a few seconds. Ohai absorbed the large data stream and using the skills gained from years of data and behavioural analysis it only took a few minutes for her to understand it and she was astounded at its contents.

With and astonished look she turned to Jess. "Jess if I didn't know better I would think that this was me and my systems. There are some differences, of course, but they are merely difference based on our differing engineering focus. This is focussed primarily on Bio-Cybernetic Nanotechnology and my primary focus up until now has been on Non organic Nanotechnology. I really like this and with the owners and your permission I would like to integrate this knowledge with my own to improve my systems."

Ohai was again staring open mouthed, as Jess jumped up and down squealing "Yes! Yes! Yes!"

When she calmed down and they had sent Marz away again Jess explained to Ohai that the Data Stream was in fact her PhD thesis, and Ohai was living proof that this was not a theoretical proposition.

"Your thesis, Jess? But you are not due to start for two months, and you already have four years of study ... Oh! I see, now ... I am sorry, Jess. Now I really do understand why you feel so alone, hell of a career prospect you have, indeed!"

Jess was nodding and she suddenly turned pale as she realised that Ohai had hacked "Her System" her unhackable, multi layered, totally secure system and, uploaded a data stream that should taken at least an hour to decrypt and, read and analysed the contents and understood it.

They immediately went into a series of discussions about what Ohai had done to enter Jess's system. Now it was Jess's turn stare, dumbfounded, at the casual way Ohai explained how she had just entered one of the most, if not the most, secure computer systems, on earth.

Looking at each other with renewed respect they agreed to call it a night, and joined a very worried and frustrated Marz explaining that they needed the time to discuss girl stuff and to get used to it if Ohai agreed to stay.

Marz had prepared a meal and was surprised as Ohai asked for a small serving and sat with him and Jess as they ate. They watched and chatted idly as Ohai tasted and smelled everything, asking questions about certain foods and flavours. It was a very enjoyable meal and after Jess and Marz had cleaned up they prepared for bed showing Ohai a room that she could call her own while she stayed with Marz and Jess.

"What will you do while we sleep, Ohai?" Marz asked after Jess had retired to her room.

"While I do not need sleep in the physical sense I do need time to go over the data my new physical senses have given me. A little like your subconscious does for you while you sleep" Ohai replied.

"I will see you when you awake in the morning Marz, Sleep Well" and she leaned for and kissed him gently on the cheek"

Marz touched his cheek as he lay in bed and fought with his conflicting emotions about how he felt about Ohai.

Just as sleep claimed he thought he heard Ohai's whispering voice saying, 'Thank you, Marz, for coming to get me.'

Over the next week, Jess, Marz and Ohai spent every waking moment with each other. They talked, explained, planned and mostly just plain bonded.

Jess and Ohai spent the most time together, and during this time Ohai improved her systems even more, and integrated many recommendations from Jess and her thesis. Both of them achieved their personal desires at these times, as they bonded in a sister-like relationship as complete equals.

Once Jess understood the fabric Ohai had used to create her fascia and her clothes, she became very, very excited.

"Ohai, do you know what we can do with this fabric of yours? No, come, I'll show you!"

They spent the next several hours designing and creating new clothes for each other using the fabric. Then at Ohai's urging they created protective clothing designs and even Vacuum Protected full body suits. Jess joked that they were fine for Ohai as she didn't need to breath but they were not much good for a human without life support. Ohai laughed at the paradox when she created an image of humans jumping into the suits to save themselves from lack of air in a vacuum only to die from suffocation once inside. Still giggling she promised to do something about when she had the time.

Fabric colour and patterns were created by adjusting the nanometric size of the external ceramic scales attached to the weave as they reflected a different colour wave length dependant on size. They created garment designs that had built in programming to adjust colour and style selectable by the wearer. Jess had a great time imagining turning the weave transparent while Marz was wearing it even though Ohai said it was not possible.

"Yet," Jess replied.

By the time they were finished, they had a full range of clothing designed for every occasion, and had an enjoyed it immensely as well. Ohai had uploaded the nanometric creation and control program of the fabric, to Jess's much improved, but not Ohai impervious, computer system.

After five amazing days, Ohai surprised both Jess and Marz on the sixth day, by asking for a family meeting.

 
There is more of this chapter...
The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.