Wolves and Dragons of the Blood - Book 2: A Spartan's War - Cover

Wolves and Dragons of the Blood - Book 2: A Spartan's War

Copyright© 2007 by Mike Cropo. All rights reserved

Chapter 17

Science Fiction Sex Story: Chapter 17 - The continuing story of King Leonidas of Sparta's unknown son Martin. Now that Earth is secure, Martin must return to the home planet of his species and claim the throne of his grandfather. He will discover many wondrous things about the galaxy spanning empire he is now King of, as well as the fact that many do not want him to claim the throne that is his by birthright. He will face many challenges that will test his mettle and beliefs. It will become personal. It will become A Spartan's War.

Caution: This Science Fiction Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Consensual   NonConsensual   Lesbian   BiSexual   Shemale   High Fantasy   Science Fiction   Vampires   Interracial   Slow   Violence   Sci-fi Lesbian Sex story

APO PRIME

DAY THIRTY-NINE

"They hit us yesterday with at least twenty ... possibly thirty rebels father." Joric reported from the back of the Runecutter. "The wind was in their favor and they had dragons helping them. The southern mountain range is huge and there is no way we'll be able to search it completely without support."

Chetak's face remained calm in the holoimage. "You are uninjured?" He asked.

Joric nodded. "We lost twenty-four of our men father. Sixteen made it back with me to the vehicles and we have pulled back a hundred and thirty kilometers from the mountains, and that is why I waited until now to contact you. Wilgar is with us as well. The rebels ... they have never been this bold before father."

Chetak nodded. "Yes I know Joric. I've gotten several reports in the last two days that indicate they are beginning to move south to your location somewhere." He spoke. "Were you able to spot the she-elf?"

Joric shook his head. "We never got close enough to see who was in their group." He answered. "Aricia was there with her dragons that much I know, and at least one other Spartan."

Chetak leaned forward, "Another Spartan?" He asked. "Are you sure Joric?"

Joric nodded slowly. "Wilgar took notice of someone else using a Shi Viska father, and it was coming from a different direction then where Aricia was. We both know only the Union Spartans can use those weapons."

Chetak's eyes darkened. "The only reason another Spartan would be on Enurrua is if they don't believe Aricia to be dead as we have reported? It makes it all that much more important for you to insure she is one of the main targets Joric. Could they know that we are the ones who took the she-elf Joric?"

"I don't know father. Our operational security was foolproof, at least as much as we were able to make it." Joric said. "Rommna left no traces when he took the she-elf. The ship was sterile, no insignia on the uniforms. He and the others appeared as mercenaries, which might explain why we didn't get the ore in the first place. There are thousands of Lycavorian mercenaries in the Wilds. As for Aricia ... we were very careful with that, you know this. And it won't matter anyway. She is still my mate regardless of what she wants. She chose me freely, and there is no way they could know about the serum."

Chetak nodded. "Yes ... but Tablina has been missing since that night I sent Wilgar to kill her." He spoke carefully. "And these two dragons ... Aricia seems to be able to bend them to her will. Tablina is no fool Joric, and she is not someone to be taken lightly. We control the spaceport and communications arrays, so she has not gotten off the planet or sent a message to anyone. Unless Isra was able to put together a short range transmitter, they can't speak with anyone off world."

"Does he have the skill for that father?" Joric asked.

"Isra is no fool Joric, as much as you like to think so." Chetak snapped. "He may be a sentimental and compassionate fool but he is an excellent engineer. And if he has developed feelings for this she-elf, he will fight to defend her. That much is in his blood anyway. You can bet he will have modern communications, at least the best he can steal or make. I will put out requests to see if anyone has been purchasing boards or others such gear to make a transmitter. Right now no transmissions are allowed off world without our permission, and we have detected nothing unusual recently."

"Father ... has there been any information from Ukwav?" Joric asked.

Chetak shook his head. "No. The Union fleet is still fighting on the planet. Why do you ask this?"

"I just want to insure that is where they stay father." Joric spoke. "If you cross the portion of the Wilds that is near Ukwav, those forces could be here in three days, their AUTUMN MOON Frigates in less time due to their advanced speed."

Chetak shook his head. "Our sources within the Union fleet say that the traitor King went underground alone and has not been heard from since. There is talk that he may even be dead. They will not be leaving Ukwav anytime soon."

"Our bigger problem now father is how many rebels occupy these mountains?" Joric spoke. "They had modern weapons ... and they were using military tactics. If they have this equipment ... they might have communications that can reach off world. I need men father. Lots of men so that I can sweep through the mountains here and overwhelm whatever rebel forces may be using them as refuge."

Chetak nodded. "And you will have them son. I will mobilize the entire Western Garrison and have all the other families send their best Hunters. That will give you two hundred thousand at least Joric. Can you lead that many?"

"With that many men father I will have the she-elf in my grasp in a matter of days. How soon can you have them here to my location?" Joric asked confidently.

"Pull back to the nearest village Joric ... Otiem I believe is closest to your location. I will issue the order now and they will begin arriving by tomorrow. Then I will contact Dalkor and have him demand from Deia why there are Spartans on our planet killing our men." Chetak spoke.

"She will never admit such a thing father." Joric said.

"Oh I know. But it will give her pause." Chetak said. "Until the forces begin arriving Joric you need to remain under cover. They were waiting for you son. The dragons are their eyes and ears it seems. Move to Otiem, put your plan together and wait for the reinforcements to begin arriving. When you have all of them ... move on the entire mountain range. I will provide orbital support from several low altitude ship platforms. Their sensors will not be able to detect anything through the mountains and valleys in the immediate area due to the background neutrino radiation emitting from the mountain's reflective Neutrino ore, but you can use them as gun platforms and call in targets for them. Contact me when you reach Otiem."

Joric nodded. "Yes father." The image faded and he turned to Wilgar, "Otiem!" He barked. "We'll set up there and wait for the reinforcements to arrive! He is sending two hundred thousand plus orbital support! We'll take those mountains."

Wilgar nodded as he engaged the engines on the Runecutter.

None of them saw the dirty blond coat of the large wolf hidden in the small thicket not ten meters away. Next to that wolf lay the dark brown wolf. The wind was blowing into their faces and away from the vehicles, and given the stench of the leaking engine compartments, Isra doubted anyone would have detected them regardless. Isra's dirty blond muzzle turned to look at Boreal and then the two wolves darted off through the trees heading back they way they had come.

Isra had no intention of allowing Joric to get anywhere close to Tarifa. She may love the Drow elf more than she cared for him, but she was his mate, he wanted no other, and he would protect her until the breath left his body.


Why have you come here Guardian of the Line? Arzoal asked as she looked at Walter. I will not risk my people in open warfare against Chetak and his weapons.

Walter leaned against the rock wall of the cave still trying to get his legs back under him form the harrowing flight on Torma's back. They had flown low over the trees for part of the way and then Torma had soared high into the air, and it was then Walter nearly lost his stomach contents. A massive Heavyhorn he may have been, but you don't have the best dragon flyer as your mate and not pick up a few more daring skills. His legs were weak when he climbed off Torma's shoulders onto the ledge four thousand meters above the valley below. After flying like that, and then coming to face to face with a dragon that was even larger than Torma's immense size really tossed him for a loop and he had to sit down. His eyes wandered over what he could see, and that was dozens of dragons, some small, some large, but none near the size of Torma and the reddish dragon in front of him.

Walter took a deep breath and finally looked up at her as he saw the Lycavorian female move from the shadows and stand beside her.

"That is what you risked when you brought Aricia here isn't it." Walter spoke now as he got to his feet. "It was the two of you wasn't it?"

Tablina nodded slowly. "We ... we did not know our actions would have such an adverse effect." She spoke softly. "It was not our intention."

"Not your intention?" Walter spoke moving closer, his tone of voice not happy. "You have destroyed the lives of not one person but two with your actions. They were ill thought out and they make you no better than the ones who hunt and oppress you."

We were without other options. Arzoal spoke. We have endured Chetak and his ilk for thousands of years! He was going to act with us or without us Guardian. He had already decided he was going to take Aricia. We decided to act in this fashion in the hopes it would bring the King here to see our plight. We did not foresee what Chetak would do ... or how it would affect Aricia and the king.

"That's nubous obvious!" Walter snapped. "And you decided to make it easier for him by taking away Aricia's will? How does that help anything?"

Arzoal stepped forward. Guardian of the Line you may be ... but do not come here and pass judgment on us for our actions. He would have acted regardless and without our actions she could very well be dead now! Do not forget that. She said, her face taking on a small snarl.

"You do not frighten me dragon!" Walter snapped stepping forward. "I have faced down High Coven Immortals and countless others in my lifetime, and I am beyond the fear of death or its instrument. And before you slay me, I guarantee you will feel pain."

Arzoal's demeanor changed quickly. She was used to Chetak's Lycavorian hunters and soldiers and others being intimidated by her size and visage, and she realized that this man, the Guardian of the Line was a Spartan of King Leonidas's age. He would go down fighting no matter the odds or the enemy.

"Do you wish us to say we are ashamed of our actions?" Tablina spoke now stepping forward. "If that is what you came here for ... then yes, we are ashamed! We have hidden ourselves here for weeks agonizing over our actions! Arzoal's own daughter will not speak with her because of what we have done! She has bound herself to Aricia and will not return! Torma has bound himself to the King ... all because of our actions. It is their way of trying to make amends for our actions!"

Walter looked at Torma, a new respect in his eyes for the obsidian colored dragon. "Torma ... this is true?"

Torma nodded his huge head. It is why Isheeni is never far from Aricia. It is why I follow her in the King's stead. She is my mate ... I will go where she goes, we both feel the same.

Walter shook his head as he turned back to Arzoal. "As my King is fond of saying ... you have really screwed the pooch on this one." He spoke.

I have been told that by another ... in similar terms. Arzoal spoke softly in reply. You are here Guardian. Does that mean others are coming as well?

Walter shook his head. "I don't know. The word has gone out that Aricia was killed by your kind shortly after coming here. You know of Tarifa ... from earth?"

Tablina nodded, "The she-elf wolf, the mate of the son of Chetak? Yes, Torma has told us about her. We had hoped she could rally those who oppose Chetak's rule."

Walter nodded. "She has begun doing that even now!" He said.

Truly? Arzoal asked.

Walter nodded again. "They will need help! They can not do this alone. I've seen what Isheeni and Torma can do. If you side with us ... we have a chance."

I can not. Arzoal spoke quickly. Many of my females are carrying eggs now. It is our time to have our children. I can not ask them to fight beside Lycavorians now. It would put the future of my kind at risk.

"Why not ... it's already at risk isn't it?" Walter asked. "This is your world too."

This is not our world Guardian. Arzoal spoke, causing even Tablina to look at her. Our world ... where we come from is far from here. There is no way for us to return there now. The differences are too great.

"So you will allow Chetak and his minions to hunt you like animals!" Walter snapped. "Destroy you?"

Here we have the space to raise our children. Arzoal told him. My kind has been here for thousands of years. I can not ask them to leave. Where would we go? How would we get there?

"Then you need to fight!" Walter spoke. "It is the reason you began all this! I have led men before Arzoal and I can understand that dire circumstances need dire deeds ... I do understand that. It is not a decision I would have made ... but I know why you have done it! But now your actions have brought us to where we now stand."

I can not ... I will not risk my kind. Arzoal spoke.

"You can't ... or you won't?" Walter asked.

Why ... both of course.

"So you haven't put it to your kind?" Walter asked. "You haven't asked your own kind ... the dragons ... you haven't asked them what they want to do. You haven't told them what you and she have done? You haven't let them make their own decisions?"

I am Elder Mother. It is my duty to make these decisions. Arzoal spoke.

Walter shook his head slowly. "I did not come here to argue with you. Torma has told me you may have a way to communicate with the King. Is this true?"

Arzoal looked at Torma briefly before turning back to Walter. I am able to touch the elf female he has taken as his concubine.

"Can you contact her now? For me?" Walter asked.

"For what purpose?" Tablina asked.

Walter looked at them as if they were crazy. "Are you both so arrogant that you did not think to have this elf female tell Martin what you have done?"

"If she were to do that ... he would ... he would not come here to free us." Tablina spoke quickly.

Walter stepped closer. "Allow me to give you some insight into Martin Leonidas." He spoke in a low menacing voice. "You know of course he and Aricia are Soulmates?"

Arzoal nodded. Yes ... we realized that after ... after we saw the results of our actions.

"Aricia is my niece ... the only daughter to my sister." Walter spoke. "She wants to kill herself now ... I'm sure you know that. Her only goal in this life now is to kill Joric and his father. Kill them ... thereby freeing your kind from persecution. When she accomplishes that goal ... and make no mistake she has the power to do just that. When she accomplishes that task she will kill herself, and when that takes place Martin will feel her die because they are Soulmates. If you do not somehow tell him why you have done this ... before he follows his Soulmate into that long goodbye ... he will come here. And if you thought the past few millennia under Chetak have been hell ... you will see hell when he arrives. I've seen him pissed off. It's not a pretty sight."

He ... he would do this? Arzoal gasped in horror. He would act with vengeance on my kind? He is the grandson of Resumar!

Walter nodded slowly. "He is also a man who will have had his Soulmate taken from him by you. He'll come here alright. And nothing you will do or say will stop him then."

Val'istar ... he said...

"I don't know who this Val'istar person is, but he obviously doesn't know Martin Leonidas very well." Walter spoke.

Elder Mother you must. Torma spoke now. Now is the time to atone for our mistakes before darkness descends on all of us.

Arzoal looked at him for a long moment and then back to Walter. Remain here for a moment. She spoke. I will see what I can find out from For'mya.


APO PRIME

His name was Brean.

He was perhaps the most important intelligence source for the Vampire High Coven that they had ever had. At least that is how he arrogantly considered himself, as he walked through the corridors of the most compartmentalized Union facility on Apo Prime, or anywhere in the Lycavorian Union for that matter.

His name was Brean and he was a clone.

He began life over thirty years ago on a small desert rock of a planet. He was one of three clones in his series, and the only one to be trained as an intelligence gatherer and not a warrior. He was Lycavorian, but the pureness of his donor's blood had been diluted in the cloning process. He could change a non-Lycavorian with the mild power of the virus in his blood, but he would never be able to stand up to a pureblood in terms of power or endurance and skill. His scent was not as strong, something he afforded to others by the fact that his scent glands were damaged in a radiation experiment many years earlier.

He was living the good life on Apo Prime. He had money and influence, having worked his way up to third in charge of the Talracian Ore Research project. His home was large and very comfortably furnished, and he had many female wolves as companions who would share his bed regularly. He was careful and meticulous about his actions, never doing anything out of the ordinary that might draw attention to himself or his past. His papers and history were all created and maintained by the finest High Coven forgers and document makers in the Empire. The Coven had given him life, given him what he had now, and unlike that third clone in his series he was completely and utterly loyal. His instructions were clear, his purpose defined. Every bit of research that he obtained on Talracian Ore and the armor it could be used to make, he passed on to the Lycavorian People's Republic monthly. He didn't know why the Coven chose to work with Lycavorians who were more savage and brutal than the ones he lived among daily, but he had been taught to never ask questions, and that is what he did.

As Brean waved to the stern faced Spartan Guard at the entrance to the secure facility, flashing his security pass and walking through the sensor, he thought of the sweet young Lycavorian female that was joining him for dinner this night. Miai was a young thing, barely past the Coming of Age, but he had been able to easily sway her attention from her studies at the University with his feigned importance, and entice her into his bed. Three glasses of ale was all it had taken, and she had been whimpering in delight beneath him that same night. She was a sexy young thing, and whenever she called him he answered quickly. She was beautiful with long reddish blond hair and the sexiest royal blue eyes he'd ever seen. She was smart and completely without inhibitions in their bed, her delicious body firm and lean with medium sized breasts and long slender legs. He was mindful to be gentle and caring with her, so as not to cause problems with her family that would lead to actions he did not want.

As Brean walked the short distance to where his older model Bladedart Lifter was parked he could see her long legs wrapped around his waist and urging him on as he pounded into her lush young body. He set his case in the rear seat of the Bladedart and settled behind the controls. This Bladedart was an older model, not too flashy, but just enough to say he had some wealth and importance. He powered up the engines and decided he would stop to pick up a moderately expensive Venoltian Brandy to give to Miai tonight during their dinner before he took her to bed. It was only a small hop from the University where she waited for him. She could go for hours due to her youth and he prided himself on being able to keep up with her.

Brean set the Bladedart's controls on automatic to take him to the small store near his apartment to buy the Venoltian Brandy he wanted. He sat back in the seat as the Bladedart smoothly edged into the massive lifter lane and began to move. Brean didn't notice the thousands of other lifters of every size and description, his thoughts mainly on Miai and her tight young body as his autopilot moved the Bladedart where it needed to go.

Brean didn't know how long the small blinking red light had been on, but as his eyes focused on it and recognition came to him, they grew wide. His control thrusters had lost power and he was drifting. He leaned forward quickly as the nose of his Bladedart eased into the main thoroughfare of Lifter traffic. He saw the flash of light and his head snapped around just in time to see the huge Lifter Bus, unable to slow in time, plow into the side of his Bladedart. He felt a momentary flash of intense pain as his head cracked against the windshield and then his Bladedart was spinning madly out of control.

Brean's last thought before blackness took him was that he would not be able to make his usual report.


UKWAV

For'mya sat with her back to the landing strut of her STRIKER, trying to stay out of the sun and drink fluids. The explosions underground that had breached the fourth garrison had also sent minor tremors through the other facilities and almost two days work was lost as more debris and rubble had piled on top of the tunnel Martin had leaped into.

For'mya closed her eyes and prayed to her gods as she had done for the last two days. She had not come this far in her life, discovered all that she discovered about herself and the man who now held her so tightly within his grasp, she did not come all this way to see it all disappear. She had been flying almost non-stop, keeping the fear that he could be dead at bay. They had heard nothing from him, and even the powerful sensors on the LEONIDAS I could not penetrate the mysterious shield that had gone up around this underground facility the moment the fourth garrison had fallen.

For'mya felt a strong tingle against the Mindvoice shields Martin had helped her to erect and maintain. It was not Martin that much she knew and she lowered her shields a small portion.

For'mya! Arzoal's voice burst into her mind.

Arzoal you don't have to shout! For'mya spoke wincing at the echo in her head.

For'mya ... I could not ... I could not penetrate your shields! How is that possible? Arzoal asked obviously stunned.

Martin Leonidas helped me Arzoal. He helped me to establish shields almost as strong as his Queens. For'mya answered. I ... I have called for you before now Arzoal. You have not answered.

Forgive me child! Arzoal spoke. I have ... I have failed For'mya.

What do you mean? Arzoal what's wrong? I don't need worse news right now Arzoal. For'mya spoke with a sigh.

What do you mean ... what is happening For'mya, tell me please.

We have crushed Ukwav Arzoal. For'mya spoke hearing her gasp within her mind in disbelief. There was an underground facility, deeper than the garrisons. We discovered it two days ago. Martin Leonidas ... he saw a broadcast from a Lycavorian Senator that reported Aricia was killed. He...

For'mya what? Arzoal demanded.

He leaped down a tunnel we had drilled to this facility, caving in the room around him as he jumped. He went alone Arzoal. For'mya spoke slowly, Soon after we broke the fourth garrison. We have ... we have not heard from him in two days. There is some sort of field blocking all our sensors. We don't know if he is alive or dead. I fear ... I fear the worse.

For'mya ... I must tell you something. Arzoal spoke. Aricia ... Queen Aricia never betrayed him. It is ... it is true that Chetak was moving against her because of the Lunmai ... but she is far more powerful than anyone knew. She would have beaten the fever For'mya, if I had not interfered. It is my fault For'mya.

Arzoal ... we know this already. Queen Anja found something in her blood that revealed this. Martin's Captain spoke with her directly. For'mya spoke. We can't contact Martin Leonidas to tell him this!

The Hadarian Queen discovered this? How? There is no way... Arzoal stopped for a moment and then continued. For'mya what they discovered in Aricia's blood I made to be put there. Arzoal spoke.

What do you mean? For'mya listened as Arzoal continued to explain everything, and her anger grew by the second. She climbed to her feet slowly, gripping the landing strut, her knuckles pure white now. Finally she could take no more.

"By what right did you do this?" For'mya screamed aloud, causing heads to turn towards her. "Do you know what you have done? You may have condemned us all!"

Vistr watched this carefully, realizing that she was Mindvoicing with someone, and when he tried to probed, he discovered a barrier around her conversation, of a power unlike any he had felt before. He got to his feet slowly motioning to Riall.

For'mya stormed out of the shade of her STRIKER, her face drawn back in a vicious snarl. "Do you know the pain you have caused Arzoal?" For'mya barked. "Do you know the pain you have put him through? He is a shell of who he was because of you! Because of your actions! He went down there to kill himself!"

Can you feel him For'mya, however faintly? You must be able to feel something? You are his concubine. You share his life now, as do his Queens.

For'mya shook his head. I saw nothing Arzoal! Nothing! It was faint before ... what he allowed us to sense, but I have spoken with Queen Anja and Queen Dysea both. All they sense now is blackness. It is no different then what I feel, a black void even emptier that it was before.

Then he still lives. Arzoal spoke her voice filled with relief.

How do you know that?

If the King was dead anyone connected to him would feel him die. Arzoal spoke quickly. For'mya tell me ... does he ... does he still have love for Aricia?

What?

Has what we have done ... has it burned the love for her from his heart? Arzoal asked.

Arzoal ... I am not that strong. I can't see his mind like that. For'mya spoke.

Is there anything you can tell me For'mya? Anything at all that could allow me to try and repair the damage I have done.

For'mya shook her head slowly. I don't know. He never speaks of her ... and his mind is shut in a way that blocks me from that portion of his thoughts. He ... he holds the pendant when he sleeps, whenever he reads his reports...

Pendant? Arzoal barked. What pendant?

I don't know where he got it. I've never seen it off him. He never removes it. He is always holding it. For'mya spoke.

Describe it to me.

Arzoal I don't...

Describe it to me! Arzoal snapped angrily.

It's red ... like underwater coral. For'mya answered quickly surprised at her tone of voice. It never stops shining.

Torma! Arzoal screamed out, For'mya hearing her.

Elder Mother. The deep male voice answered urgently.

Aricia ... does she wear a pendant? Arzoal asked.

Yes Elder Mother. She never removes it, not even when she bathes. It has the color of the Heart of a Dragon Elder Mother, but it is too small to be such.

Heart of a Dragon? Arzoal gasped. For'mya you must get him out of that tunnel!

We are trying Arzoal! The work is long and slow. We can't simply melt the rock and we can't laser another tunnel because it might make the facility unstable and we don't know where Martin is inside the facility!

Melt the rock. Arzoal spoke softly. For'mya please tell me, what is the composition of the ground there?

What?

What is the ground made out of? Rock, granite ... bedrock ... limestone ... what is it made out of?

Mostly bedrock and limestone once you are past the surface layers. For'mya replied. Why?

Someone is entering the system here, Arzoal spoke once more, urgency in her voice now. Someone strong; Do you know of anyone coming to Enurrua For'mya?

"Enurrua?" For'mya spoke out loud now. "No! Why would anyone go there?"

For'mya I must go quickly but I will return. Please child, do not block me.

Arzoal ended the connection abruptly and For'mya looked at Vistr and Riall confused as she turned.

"For'mya ... is there something we should know about?" Riall asked. "Who is going to Enurrua?"


ENURRUA

Arzoal moved quickly back into the main cavern to see Walter sitting patiently on the slab of a bench while Torma had moved outside to the ledge. Tablina sat several meters away, seemingly afraid to speak with him. Walter looked up as she came back in.

"Well?"

There is a strong presence entering the system Guardian. It is a female ... much stronger than normal Mindvoicers, fiery and willful.

Walter smiled and the relief on his face was very evident. "That could only be Anja." He spoke. "And if she is here ... she has brought help." He looked at Arzoal. "Did you speak to this For'mya?"

Arzoal nodded. The King...

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.