Second Chance - Cover

Second Chance

SECOND CHANCE is copyright protected. Any use, including reprints, without specific written permission is forbidden and illegal

Chapter 12

DoOver Sci-fi Sex Story: Chapter 12 - 43 year old Carl watched helplessly as Death came for him in the form of an overloaded produce truck. Suddenly he found himself in the body of a 14 year old boy, injured in the same accident. Now Carl had to learn how to live as Brian and cope with a new life and a loving mother.

Caution: This DoOver Sci-fi Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including mt/Fa   Consensual   Science Fiction   DoOver   Incest   Mother   Son   First   Oral Sex   Anal Sex   Masturbation   Petting  

I’d been through this before ... twice, in fact.

“Mr. President. I am Thrilled and honored that you would even consider me for such a promotion, but isn’t General Wilson a far better pick than me?” I was going to try and head this off, once and for all.

Truman didn’t even have the decency to blink. “Phil, General Wilson recommended YOU for this job. Actually, fifteen of my cabinet and personal staff recommended you for this.”

He saw the doubt and hesitancy in my eyes. Before I could object he hit me where it hurt the most. “Phil. After Pearl Harbor everyone thinks of you as a national treasure. For God’s sake, even the damned Republicans think you are a gift from Heaven.

“You have to accept this assignment because I need you. I need a strong, organized, take no prisoners, kind of VP, that will kick open doors, tell people to ‘stuff it’ when they need to be told to stuff it, and do that with a strong measure of decorum and professionalism.

“Guess what? You’re it. You’re the new Vice president. Congress and the Senate will receive the proper documents, and there isn’t a single sitting member of either house with the balls to vote against confirming you as my choice.”

At that point, Truman turned on the charm and that patrician manner he was famous for. “Here it is, Phil. This is the day every voting member of Congress dreams about. This is the invitation politicians would sell their own mothers to receive. It’s here, Phil. THE call they fantasize about came, but it was for you. They are all going to be asked to vote for you, and when they do, you become the living proof that it could happen to them.”

Truman must have been worried that I would decline, because he played his hole card. “Be a good and faithful soldier, Phil. Your country called and your President is asking...”

Trapped.

I was trapped and there was no way out.

“Of course, Mr. President. Thank you for such an honor. I will do my best not to let you down.”

Truman picked up the phone at his elbow, and without preamble, said to the voice on the other end, “It’s done. Deal with the details.” He hung up without waiting for an answer and walked me to the door. “Phil, a lot of things are going to come at you in the next few days. First things are always first. Your new staff is waiting over at the White House to greet you. Go see your new office.” He slapped me on the back and walked out, leaving me to wonder how this kept happening to me.

“Mr. Vice President. “Sir. My name is Corbin Wilder, and I will be leading your Secret Service team. I have been advised that we are to transport you to your offices as quickly and quietly as possible, to avoid stirring up the press before they need to be stirred up. If you will follow me, Sir, we will have you out of here and in the Executive Office building in no time.”

He was a man of his word. We were smuggled out a back entrance, and the Chrysler waiting for us smoothly glided away from the curb the second we were inside. Secret Service cars led and followed us across the street to my new office. “Mr. Wilder, how do you Secret Service people always seem to know about things like this ahead of everyone else?” I was legitimately serious in my question. He smiled, just a touch embarrassed. “Mr. Vice President, the moment word was released that the President would be nominating a new Vice President, my boss assigned me to put together a team and await the announcement, no matter when it came. We’ve been trailing the President since the Amendment passed, waiting for the call to protect our new leader.

“Congratulations, Sir, though I wonder if you are not less pleased than one would expect at such a time.”

He couldn’t imagine how badly I wanted to be somewhere other than here, doing this. “Mr. Wilder. I would rather be farming, or painting houses, or leading soldiers into battle. I’d rather be fighting fires, or sewing sheets – anything except doing what I am doing, right here, right now.”

As soon as the words left my lips I wondered if I’d made a big mistake...

Corbin Wilder was an NYU graduate. He took his job very seriously, and when we pulled up at a rarely used entrance to the Executive Office Building, his team was just as serious. They formed a wall around me and nearly carried me into the building, so intent they were on protecting me. We rushed down a hallway and two turns later we were at the entrance to my new prison - I mean offices.

Before I could thank Corbin Wilder and his men, I was swept into a cacophony of noise and questions. People were introduced and as fast as I heard their names, I forgot them. Two secretaries offered ‘special’ service to me and smiled in such a way that it sounded like a great idea. Aides thrust folders and reports into my hands, as functionaries crowded into brief me on their names and responsibilities. It appeared that the President put out the word that the new Vice President was not to be kept ignorant and away from the activities and troubles.

We worked late into the evening, and my agents drove me home sometime after midnight, promising to be ready to bring me back at eight the next morning. Jenny was sleeping by then, and rather than wake her with my news, I let her enjoy the rest. When I kissed the side of her face, I thought I caught a whiff a woman’s scent and looked forward to hearing all about Felicia’s Sunday visit. Hopefully the story would put me in a better mood.

The real truth was that I did not wish to be Vice President at a time when there were so many sharp knives out in Washington. Truman was the target of several assassination attempts, and the one that took place at Blair House nearly succeeded. Something told me to watch my back every second and never trust a sole. Since I hadn’t seen or heard of anyone seeing Barkley since my appointment, I had him to worry about, too.

Somehow I managed to put it all aside and sleep. Jenny shook me awake at six, expecting me to need to rush out and meet my Defense team for the drive to the Pentagon. “Jenny, my darling ... we need a moment to talk...”

“ ... and Truman gave me no choice. He simply ordered me to become Vice President. Both houses have to vote to confirm, but Truman says the votes are assured since both parties spent so much political capital getting the Amendment passed to make this legal.

“The truth is true, my love. I am about to be sworn in as Vice President. YOU, my gorgeous lover, are about to become the Second Lady of the United States.”

Jenny overpowered me with kisses, congratulations and a swarm of questions. I managed to hear a smidge of just one, and responded. “I think you need to take the children and some of my guards, and go shopping for new dresses for you and appropriate clothes for the kids. Take your time and take my wallet. Spend as much as you like and if you run of cash, tell the owner that I will be in to settle up by this weekend, or I will send one of my staff over with a check, if I can’t get out.” Her eyes glistened with pride and excitement as she contemplated the changes coming in our lives.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.