Second Chance
Chapter 22

SECOND CHANCE is copyright protected. Any use, including reprints, without specific written permission is forbidden and illegal

DoOver Sci-fi Sex Story: Chapter 22 - 43 year old Carl watched helplessly as Death came for him in the form of an overloaded produce truck. Suddenly he found himself in the body of a 14 year old boy, injured in the same accident. Now Carl had to learn how to live as Brian and cope with a new life and a loving mother.

Caution: This DoOver Sci-fi Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including mt/Fa   Consensual   Science Fiction   DoOver   Incest   Mother   Son   First   Oral Sex   Anal Sex   Masturbation   Petting  

The Pit was how we referred to a super secure room that dominated the lowest level of The Pentagon. It was a place where surveillance was virtually impossible, but with the frightening level of intrusion that had just occurred, it didn’t feel as secure as it did before. Still, it was the most secure room in the complex and a place where the Chiefs would gather to hear what the President had to say.

We all stopped to review the threat board before entering and get brief updates on trouble spots. It would take some time for the Chiefs to arrive and be escorted to our subterranean quiet room, so getting ahead of the data was a good way to occupy myself, so I wouldn’t obsess on the attack.

It also gave me time to issue orders as to the care, safety, and arrangements for those wounded and killed. They were my people and having them killed right outside my suite was an open would on my psyche.

Roger Lindahl arrived from his home just as I got really going on the task of notifying next of kin, figuring how to help survivors with college expenses for their children, outstanding mortgages and other ways to reduce the suffering for those who lost their husband, father, or son, as well as those whose injuries wouldn’t permit them to continue to work.

Lindahl looked as stunned as I felt, but we had no time to lose. “Roger, you are going to be point man for the funerals, hospital stays and making sure that those who were injured are cared for properly. Clear things with me, but use your best judgment. You know how I roll and I expect you to handle things in a way that will please me.” He left to take command of the after action cleanup and to get our house back in order.

As the Chiefs arrived, I met them at the special elevators that ran to The Pit and were reserved for a select group of people who worked in the Pentagon as well as the President, Vice President and any other Cabinet Level Official. The guards were not accustomed to having the Secretary standing beside them waiting for the doors to open. Maybe it was time that they got used to it.

We convened and the security section gave us the first blush of information about our intrusion. The briefer was a middle management type, with nothing to distinguish him from a thousand other functionaries in government. “Mr. Secretary, Chiefs, it appears that the intruder used a set of ID’s that were taken off of the dead body of a security officer. The security officer himself was found dead behind a dumpster not far from here. His body was discovered by the busboy of a restaurant where he often stopped to have dinner.

“The body showed signs of torture and rather gruesome abuse. It is theorized that his attackers used a lot of brutality in a short amount of time to force him to give up his passwords, then butchered him to get his fingerprints. We will have more later, but nothing learned off of the victim will change the conclusion. He was targeted for his electronic ID. His fingers were removed and used to defeat the fingerprint scanners, but the victim was not of sufficient rank to be cleared for access to areas where iris scanning is required.

“Our intruder simply shot everyone he met on the way to the Secretary’s offices to confront you, Sir, including all four soldiers guarding the outer office. He is currently being removed to Gitmo for extraordinary questioning.

“As for how we will respond to this intrusion, I will tell you that we are going to be pulling out all stops to reinforce our systems, add additional layers of security, and beef up video surveillance. You will all see changes beginning tomorrow morning.” He stopped and waited for us to berate him.

General Robert Neller, Commandant of the US Marine Corps, spoke before anyone else had a chance. “Mr. Northfield, do you have sufficient personnel to significantly increase the security around this complex? I have thousands of Marines at my disposal, who can supplement any deficiencies in your security perimeter.” Several other Chiefs agreed and offered additional support.

My internal trouble alarm was ringing. “Mr. Northfield. It is my direction that you will accept the additional help, and you will personally see to it that our Chiefs are properly protected. You will do that, Mr. Northfield, and you will provide me with up to the minute information as to your plans, changes, discoveries, as well as the identity and circumstances surrounding our intruder. It is also my order that those troops supplied by the Chiefs will be supervised by officers of their respective branch.” IF Northfield was dirty, he would quickly realize that he would have no power over the new security systems. It might be enough to cause him to make mistakes. After giving him his orders, he was dismissed and I made a mental note to replace him as soon as we were done.

I shouldn’t have bothered to worry about him, but I had this suspicion that something was just off about him and I wanted to send him far away from The Pentagon. He hadn’t committed any offense. The truth is easier to explain than all that. I just didn’t like him. And felt uncomfortable around him. He seemed kind of sleazy to me, though I wouldn’t have been able to thoroughly define that for anyone. As Secretary it wasn’t likely that anyone would ask me too, either.

Turning back to the Chiefs, I began where I left of, “Gentlemen...” and would have continued except for the fact that the door opened and part of my electronic protection group stormed in and removed a listening device. We all remained silent as they swept and cleared the room. It seems like Mr. Northfield had already made his fatal mistake and justified my lack of faith in him.

Picking up my personal Pentagon line, I said, “Have all security stations alerted. Mr. Northfield is a spy, and is involved in the murders of our officers. I am quite certain that he is attempting to leave The Pentagon at this time. Stop him, no matter what it takes”

Turning my attention back to the Chiefs, I said, “Gentlemen - We have two problems to deal with tonight. We must adjourn for a short while and I would hope that each of you are willing to have some of your best staff moving over here, at least temporarily, to secure our complex. While you are doing that I have a few surprises for Northfield...” They all went right to work complying with my request.

It was a short walk to the elevators. The Pentagon staff guarding them had the door open as I approached and my protection detail along with my administrative staff were taken up to my office. There was an enormous operation going on as we exited the elevators, and I could see Mr. Landahl overseeing it all, just as I requested. “Mr. Landahl, I need to see you immediately,” I said as we passed.

Someone had to be trusted and, at least for the moment, for the moment he was elected.

Once we were safely behind steel doors I turned to Landahl, and said, “Do you personally know Northfield from Security operations?”

Landahl pondered my question and eventually gave up. “No, Sir, Mr. Secretary. I can’t say that I have a picture of him in my head. I can have our people run him down for you, if you wish, Sir.”

 
There is more of this chapter...
The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.